Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free Sky Movies for 2 Months (give 31 days notice NOW!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,539 ✭✭✭Trampas

mfceiling wrote: »
    What's the story with cancelling folks?
    Do you have to call them or send a letter in print to them?

Just ring up. While you are cancelling they will try and offer you something to keep it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭quaalude

rameire wrote: »
    right its 0818 719 819
    option 3 2 2

i cant authorise it so will be getting the wif to do it later.

This method worked for me. Phone call was less than 2 minutes, activated in 5 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Rang the number on the letter,got a nice Indian guy who said I had to do it online so I explained it couldn't be done that way from Ireland.:(

The good news was that he gave me ESPN free for 3 months.:D

I'll try ringing the main call centre number tomorrow and see if I'll get the movies free aswell.

I'll get ESPN free from Friday anyhow-makes the offer he gave me irrelevant.

Almost feeling guilty now. Got €160 odd cashback on the Fatcheese Sky promotion recently, and now 2 months free movies. Thanks OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Almost feeling guilty now. Got €160 odd cashback on the Fatcheese Sky promotion recently, and now 2 months free movies. Thanks OP.

Do you have Sky Sports 1 and 2? If so you'll get ESPN free from this Friday.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

Thanks OP, worked perfect, they even offered me a free sky+ box as I still have an old one. (but that would mean starting another contract so said no)

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭ryanmatty

Thanks OP just got it there. Rang that number and switched on in mins

• Closed Accounts Posts: 400 ✭✭Rafa1977

Has everybody got theirs activated, rang them last night last and still not been activated, but have noticed on website that is says can take 48 hours. Can somebody tell if it is all the movie channels.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭brian ireland

Mine was activated while on the phone. The sky man asked me to look while he waited because I was the first IRL customer he activated.

Maybe plug out your box and then restart it. Thats my solution for everything, works most of the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,427 ✭✭✭gunnerfitzy

just done. thanks OP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,871 ✭✭✭Soarer

Thanks op for the ba, and thanks to rameire for the shortcut.
    Just signed up there without a hitch. No explanation needed. Just said I'd seen sky are giving movies free for 2 months and I'd like it applied to my account. Blammo!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,852 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Just rang.. lovely girl on the other end of the phone.

Third time lucky I guess.

Although they added it no hassle, they kept pushing HD. Christ.. how many ways can I say "I don't want it".. is that too hard to understand?!!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 snoopeasystreet

If I was to ring up today, when would I have to ring to cancel?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭MungBean

If I was to ring up today, when would I have to ring to cancel?

20th of August and it would be gone on the 20th of September.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

Basq wrote: »
    Just rang.. lovely girl on the other end of the phone.

Third time lucky I guess.

Although they added it no hassle, they kept pushing HD. Christ.. how many ways can I say "I don't want it".. is that too hard to understand?!!

If you have a HD tv, you'd be mad not to get it....for the sake of €15 a month, it transforms viewing of live sport and movies.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭breakfast roll

Rang up yesterday and had no problems. Had the movie channels within minutes! Thanks OP! Great bargain :D

If you have a HD tv, you'd be mad not to get it....for the sake of €15 a month, it transforms viewing of live sport and movies.:cool:
    And I subscribe for neither the movie nor sports pack! :D

I'm happy with my €27 a month 2-channel-mixes (music and food mixes for herself) deal.

I'd seriously consider giving up on Sky shortly tbh.. not a whole lot I watch that I can't get on my Freesat setup upstairs and everything else is downloaded daily for my WDTV.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭appleb

Just rang them on the 0818 719819 and the options quoted earlier in the thread. Got through straight away. Lovely girl called Aoife. She said that it could take between 10 and 24 hours or might connect straight away. Just going to get the pop corn. Thanks OP!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,357 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Plenty of movies to record onto the Sky box the next 2 months :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Plenty of movies to record onto the Sky box the next 2 months :D

Ye but you can only watch them as long as you still have the movie channels as part of your subscription;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,743 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Rang this morning and got through to Cork. Movies were activated by the time I had hung up!!!

I also notice that my ESPN channels have also been activated already! Cards v Mets at midnight on ESPN America. Fantastic!!

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭Craigels

i followed the link and it says im not allowed the offer ?

Craigels wrote: »
    i followed the link and it says im not allowed the offer ?
    You need to ring up.. you can't do it online.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

thanks OP, i got this sort for my brother in law and have browning points to boot!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,357 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Ye but you can only watch them as long as you still have the movie channels as part of your subscription;)

Really ? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 23,848 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

sad but true rarnes,

had stuff recorded off sky sports but when i cancelled in may
    i couldn't rewatch

just got the movies an hour ago
    time to watch kickass again on sky5
    many reminders set for aug 23 :)

should be able to make changes online to our sky sub though

thanks op

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭Bumble32

Just availed of this offer, rang the number posted above and now I'm watching "Dinner for Schmucks"

Took less than 3 mins.

Thanks OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭harry21

Just took up the offer there. Rang the 0818 719 819 number. Took the 3 2 2 options and spoke to an Aoife too.

Offer applied within next 10-24 hours, must cancel by 25th August and the call from start to finish took exactly 4 minutes 9 seconds!

Wooo Hooooo

• Registered Users Posts: 28,799 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Skunkle wrote: »
    Just rang up about this and Fup me its some pain in the hole.

My advice is to ring 0818 719 834 , tell them you have already spoken to several people and you were given their number to ring direct. It doesnt seem to be the right department but they can switch it on from there.
    Same as this..

Got the letter in the post yesterday about the price freeze, entertainment pack changes and offering me 2 months free Sky Movies

So rang the number it gave and was routed to the UK centre where 3 different people told me it was an online offer only/they couldn't add it.

It was only after I checked this thread (having seen it earlier in the week) that I rang the number above (which goes to equipment sales) and the guy in Cork I got was able to add it.

Took me 24 mins to get to that point though and at just under €1 a min there's nothing really "free" about it :( Still, asked for a team lead to call me back today so we'll see if I can get that back

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭macjohn

Thanks for that OP,
    Just got it there in a very easy call to Cork.

Presume this doesn't affect the price freeze when I downgrade.

Advertisement