Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free Sky Movies for 2 Months (give 31 days notice NOW!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

What Info do you need when ringing? Do you need to state your Card Number?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

You need your account number and/or your address. You will need the password you have on your account also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭MungBean

Dman001 wrote: »
    What Info do you need when ringing? Do you need to state your Card Number?

Account number or card number and you need to be the account holder. They will ask your name, address, date of birth to make sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭lastbuilders

Got it there. Thanks OP

Lastbuilders

• Registered Users Posts: 28,799 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Kaiser2000 wrote: »
    Same as this..

Got the letter in the post yesterday about the price freeze, entertainment pack changes and offering me 2 months free Sky Movies

So rang the number it gave and was routed to the UK centre where 3 different people told me it was an online offer only/they couldn't add it.

It was only after I checked this thread (having seen it earlier in the week) that I rang the number above (which goes to equipment sales) and the guy in Cork I got was able to add it.

Took me 24 mins to get to that point though and at just under €1 a min there's nothing really "free" about it :( Still, asked for a team lead to call me back today so we'll see if I can get that back

Update...

After all that, it turns out the fella in Cork added it wrong so it was going to be charged as full price and there was no offers showing as applied/available to the account (I suggest anyone who had issues check their next bill carefully!!) so after a callback from them this morning they've issued the equivalent amount as credit to cover the 2 months.

One question though guys.. their 0818 numbers - anyone know what these are charged at per min (I think it's close to a euro?) as I'm trying to get the cost of those 25 mins I bounced between deparments refunded too

Cheers!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭Vertakill

You're calling them to get a free service for 2 months and you're looking to be refunded the cost of your phone call?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭MungBean

Vertakill wrote: »
    You're calling them to get a free service for 2 months and you're looking to be refunded the cost of your phone call?

They are offering a free service and then through lack of communication/incompetence (call it what you will) waste your time and money by transferring you through every department in the company before you find someone who can help you. By the time you actualy get the "free" service it isnt exactly free any more. After having to deal with their crap on so many occasions I say do em for every penny ya can. Soon as my 12 month contract is up I'm having nothing more to do with em.

By the way, check the movie listing before ya get this offer. Theres nothing worth seeing on the flippin thing. Its a waste of money and time ringing them at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Tazz T

Success at last.

Thanks OP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭groom

Kaiser2000 wrote: »
    One question though guys.. their 0818 numbers - anyone know what these are charged at per min (I think it's close to a euro?) as I'm trying to get the cost of those 25 mins I bounced between deparments refunded too
    Cheers!
    My call to 0818719819 lasted 162 seconds and cost 54c - Tesco Mobile so 20c p/minute

• Registered Users Posts: 43,852 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Yep, I'm on O2.. and my call to 0818719819 lasted 5 minutes, and 54 seconds - and cost me €1.12.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,848 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

interesting, o2 mobile
    fairly adds up after a few calls
    getting sky movies through one dept
    having to get sky sports put back on from another dept
    another dept getting a free sky hd box

cost
    Calls Other Mobile 23/07/11 20:05 0818 0818719819 00:03:24 0.98
    Calls Other Mobile 23/07/11 20:09 0818 0818719819 00:10:18 2.98
    Calls Other Mobile 23/07/11 20:19 0818 0818719819 00:04:22 1.26
    Calls Other Mobile 23/07/11 20:24 0818 0818719819 00:00:25 0.12
    Calls Other Mobile 23/07/11 20:26 0818 0818719819 00:05:45 1.66

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭robertpatterson

Is it for all the movies or just a select few?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,848 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Is it for all the movies or just a select few?
    All the movies as far as I can see, dunno bout hd tho

• Registered Users Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭BArra

premiere is gone for me now though, still have some of the others though

anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭robertpatterson

Yeah I've only got 5 of the movie channels now
    I rang and was told that we were only meant to get those ones in the 1st place that it was an error we got the other ones

• Registered Users Posts: 4,136 ✭✭✭rameire

ive got them all, apart from tcm, dont subscribe to hd

mwahahahahaha

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

My dad rang to say that on the latest bill they were charged for the movie channels, I think he's considering cancelling his entire package as it's just the latest in a long line if Sky screw ups.

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Alfie1

Just off the phone, all movies already available :cool:

No problems with getting it sorted & all done in 5 mins, very helpful & friendly staff as always :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

BArra wrote: »
    premiere is gone for me now though, still have some of the others though

anyone else?

Me too, it happened after I got in the sports channels yesterday. Funnily enough they are still working on the sky go app on my iPad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 400 ✭✭Rafa1977

My dad rang to say that on the latest bill they were charged for the movie channels, I think he's considering cancelling his entire package as it's just the latest in a long line if Sky screw ups.

I got a letter the other day stating that my bill would be 53 euro next month!!!!. Have send them an email asking the wtf?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭normanbond

I've lost premier, showcase, drama, mdn greats and classic.
    Great when I had them!!
    still have comedy, scyfy, action and thriller............

suppose they won't give 'em back?

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭walshki

I got the letter with the offer so I rang up just now. Lad was going ahead to do it then said it blocked him because I have an offer on my account from when I signed up a couple of months ago (€7.50 a month off). I said that it seemed strange that they would send me a special offer (directed to me specifically) which I couldn't actually avail of. He agreed but said he physically couldn't do it. Really annoying part is the special offer on there was only there because they messed up the initial account setup and it had to be added on after the event.

I'll get over it but another in a sequence of bad dealings with Sky in my experience. Might try an email to them but I'm not sure I could be bothered.

Still have all the channels here anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,915 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭anotherlostie

Well that was an ordeal.

The first time I rang I got through to the UK and this absolute wagon who wouldn't listen to me and kept saying it was an online offer, then it only meant you got Movies 2 if you had Movies 1, anything basically to get me off the line. I gave her plenty of grief back, something I normally would't bother to do, especially when she was too lazy to even try and forward me onto Cork.

So then I read this thread again and rang 3,2,2 and got sorted out by a great chap in Cork in minutes and now have the channels.

Thanks OP and those that recommended 3,2,2!

Thanks to eskimocat for the reminder here.. have amended the thread title to indicate y should be giving your 30 days notice now, unless you want to be charged for a further month.

I actually gave my notice yesterday.. no hassle!

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭zefer

Basq wrote: »
    Thanks to eskimocat for the reminder here.. have amended the thread title to indicate y should be giving your 30 days notice now, unless you want to be charged for a further month.

I actually gave my notice yesterday.. no hassle!

Did you use the same method? 3,2,2?

zefer wrote: »
    Did you use the same method? 3,2,2?
    I think so.. yep!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭eskimocat

Gave my notice too, and yes used the 3,2,2 (when I figured it out eventually!lol) and had no hassle either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,915 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement