Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free Sky Movies for 2 Months (give 31 days notice NOW!)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭MungBean

Used extensions 3,2,2 and its the wrong place. You need to use 3,3,1 to get through to downgrades.

This post has been deleted.

I didnt watch one movie on it, flicked through them a few times alright but didnt see anything worth watchin. Not something I pay for.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭groom

I rang up a couple of days ago to cancel well in advance to be safe and sound. The girl informed me I never was given the free deal just signed up for Sky Movies or the offer got applied and then unapplied or something. She said someone would get back to me.

No one called me back. I rang a day or two later to find out what was happening. Was then told I had cancelled my subscription. Was told some one would call me back

Double face palm stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭quaalude

081 871 9819
    Then 3, 3, 1
    is the fastest way to cancel.

Thanks again to the OP!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭quaalude

No, not me anyway - they show the same movies over and over, and they're mostly plotless moronic explosion movies or patronizing unfunny romcoms about wedding dresses.
    I watched a couple of OK things this past month, but I can't remember what! Still, free is nice.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

quaalude wrote: »
    No, not me anyway - they show the same movies over and over, and they're mostly plotless moronic explosion movies or patronizing unfunny romcoms about wedding dresses.
    I watched a couple of OK things this past month, but I can't remember what! Still, free is nice.

I learnt years ago never to subscribe to sky movies again, same old same old over and over again, i mean they have a massive catalogue of movies so i dont see why they do all the repeats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭brian ireland

I take Sky movies every Christmas for December only every year then cancel it.

We watched one or two movies with this freebie but no way would it persuade me to subscribe long term .
    If they charged €0.50 to €1 for a movie I guess I might pay that to get a movie now and then. Otherwise no thanks.

Got a bill today for €81. My package is €26/29. The free movie offer was never applied to my account, I was charged for the month, the movies and a month in advance for changing my package. Just spent 30 minutes on the phone with a very confused guy trying to work it out. Expecting a call back from a supervisor.

Check your bills people this whole thing has been a disaster from day one.

Edit: Oh yeah theres another €7 credit dealing with their crap. This free movie offer has cost me about 65 quid. God I hate sky.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,848 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

081 871 9819
    Then 3, 3, 1

Thanks again to the OP!

have to cancel aug 23 and wanted to get it in early :(
    that dept is closed after 11pm and repopens at 8.30am

no doubt you can add channels 24hrs a day though

god i hate them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭gogo

Skunkle wrote: »
    Got a bill today for €81. My package is €26/29. The free movie offer was never applied to my account, I was charged for the month, the movies and a month in advance for changing my package. Just spent 30 minutes on the phone with a very confused guy trying to work it out. Expecting a call back from a supervisor.

Check your bills people this whole thing has been a disaster from day one.

Edit: Oh yeah theres another €7 credit dealing with their crap. This free movie offer has cost me about 65 quid. God I hate sky.

My mother just had the same thing - she rang up over something else and they offered her free movies for the three months and shes just noticed that they have been charging her for it - she's still waiting on a call back. She never even switched it on in that time - didnt even want it really.

Check your bill!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭harry21

081 871 9819
    Then 3, 3, 1

Thanks, took 3:31 mins. Also I was not overcharged!!!

Well done sky.

Did I just say well done sky:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭harry21

I was just reading the title of this thread and I realised it says 30 days notice.

The offer actually states 31 days notice, just in case people are cutting it tight and get caught. Maybe a mod or OP edit??

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Cancelled 5 mins ago, think we watched one movie.
    Kids watched 3 movies on the disney movie channel but far too many repeats, ffs the last 3 nights premiere had some rubbish tron movie on @ 9pm each night :rolleyes:
    Absolutely no incentive to keep sky movies.

They never called me back, better to email them. Save yourself the hassle of talkin to someone who cant do anything about it but takes 30 minutes to tell ya that. I e-mailed last night and got a reply this morning saying the money will be credited back.

Last time I get anything of this crowd free or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,915 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Tiesto

What email address did ye use for sky?

Thanks

Tiesto wrote: »
    What email address did ye use for sky?

Thanks

You have to go to their website and register with you account details (pain I know) then go through the options to email the relevant department. There's also a live chat option on the website but it would probably be even more frustrating than the phone.

http://www.sky.com/helpcentre/contact-us/index.html

Skunkle wrote: »
    You have to go to their website and register with you account details (pain I know) then go through the options to email the relevant department. There's also a live chat option on the website but it would probably be even more frustrating than the phone.

http://www.sky.com/helpcentre/contact-us/index.html

thanks for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,799 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Seems that Sky must be feeling some competion from some quarter..

I just had a call from them offering me a half-price HD sub for the next 8 months (so €7.50 instead of the usual €15 per month) which I've politely declined, seeing as I will be cancelling the movies in a few days anyway - especially in light of the hassle I had getting it activated, and then afterwards - and I haven't bothered renewing the Sports sub due to the price, the fact that you now need to take both Sports 1 and 2 (whereas previously it was really only Sports 1 you needed) for the football.

I also mentioned the hassle some people here had with this offer and now being charged full price for it, as well as the issue I have anyway with paying for the same channels twice, but it seems they are trying to boost the numbers/revenue stream all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,848 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

it took me 1min51secs to get movies cancelled and thats a record
    for me

movies a complete waste of time given for the past month i only
    watched two movies which i had already seen numerous times
    if it were a fiver a month i'd only think about it but the feckers
    are already getting plenty off me for the sports

at least i got a free hd box off the feckers which as usual is
    something they couldn't do until i decided i'd cancel the lot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

I just cancelled, took 1 call and about 2 mins, then I was informed my next bill will be €34 instead of €25:mad:
    Took 2 more calls (first mysteriously got cut off after 17mins of waiting to find out why) and 39mins, also had to ask to speak to a supervisor, just to be told its all due to billing periods and I will be credited on my next bill. :mad:
    Threatened to cancel the lot and direct debits before I got an answer.
    Very hard to stay calm and polite when you have to deal with that.

August 14th I raised it with SKy that i was charged for this.
    Their back office was supposed to get back to me within 72 hours.
    Heard nothing from them.
    I called a further 2 times, both times i was told to wait for a call from the back office.

I will be cancelling my direct debit if they dont get it fixed by the time the next bill comes around.
    If i was to cancel the direct debit, can they just simply setup another one?

Tiesto wrote: »
    August 14th I raised it with SKy that i was charged for this.
    Their back office was supposed to get back to me within 72 hours.
    Heard nothing from them.
    I called a further 2 times, both times i was told to wait for a call from the back office.

I will be cancelling my direct debit if they dont get it fixed by the time the next bill comes around.
    If i was to cancel the direct debit, can they just simply setup another one?

They cant set up anything without your permission, if you cancel the direct debit all they will do is send you bills with arrears on them and eventually cut you off and send you bullshít threats before handing it over to some sleazy debt collector to send more threats.

Have you tried e-mailing them ? I had the same "I cant do anything but I'll get someone to give you a call" when I rang. But after one e-mail explaining the problem I got a reply the next day saying my account would be credited meaning the next bill and the one after were effectively already paid for. I then sent an e-mail asking to be credited for the 7 euro I wasted trying to explain to them over the phone that they had made a mistake, they said that as a gesture of goodwill they would credit my account for the 7 euro.

From my experience nobody you ever talk to have the power to do anything over the phone other than supervisors (which are never available) or the account closure department who seem to give ya whatever ya want when threatened with cancellations. I once rang and asked about a sky+ box and spent 20 minutes arguing over the cost for me (€90 plus installation) while its free for new customers. I asked to be put through to cancellations and said "give me a free plus box or I close the account". Yer man said no problem, I'll have someone out to ya on Monday no charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭shamcfc

just got my bill and the feckers had me billed for the movies for two months

rang them and my account will be credited the money i paid

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭tweety76

also got billed for the movies even though we had cancelled well in advance.
    29 euro is our normal bill and got billed 81! can't even figure that out. Dreading phoning them to try and get it sorted might just email them instead.

tweety76 wrote: »
    also got billed for the movies even though we had cancelled well in advance.
    29 euro is our normal bill and got billed 81! can't even figure that out. Dreading phoning them to try and get it sorted might just email them instead.

Thats the same I got billed for.
    I think they charge by the day if ya get me..
    I havent heard anything back from them yet.
    Will call them this evening.
    Why are all these companies so hard to deal with.

Also have a normal bill of 29 and got a bill of 81. Your paying 2 months of movies and your normal month. Movies are €26 a month and they take a month in advance when ya get em. Thats why ya ended up (like me) with a bill for €81.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭mckildare

Was on to sky last night and got offered this so took it up with immediate effect, that was cool :)

Now I guess Im going to be billed for the movies and when I ring back to cancel I'll have to argue with them about crediting my account, or are they aware of it already and will credit my account? Cant wait....:rolleyes::pac:

Strange system they have, will it be a bill for one month with movies for next month, then next month a bill with movies plus credit for the first month of movies.....argh confusing myself now :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,136 ✭✭✭rameire

I cancelled no problem 2 weeks ago. Also I have not been charged for the movies. For the first or second month. So not everybody is getting charged for the movies.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,852 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Was never charged either..

Advertisement