Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nikita Season 2 [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,452 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Nah I don't think so. There are 2 to go before the break (I think), and I expect the cliffhanger will be
    Percy's release/escape
    . Episode 10 (in 2 weeks) is called
    Guardians
    so I think Percy's actions this week may pay off for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭Elohim

So it's gonna be Percy vs Division vs Nikita vs Oversight vs Gogol vs Bad Guy of the Week, should be interesting.
    Hope they don't kill off Percy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭DeWitt

You guys still watching?
    Fridays ep was probably the best one yet of season 2. Wheels are set in motion now, and I really love that Birkhoff finally got some legitimate screentime. Didn't miss Michael all the much, and the sooner this Cassanddra/Max storyline wraps up the better.
    Our BAMFy Amanda is back too! Gosh, I adore her badside, and I still think she makes a better baddy than Percy *shrug*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭red dave

Yup, still watch this religiously. :o

I think this and SOA are the most consistent shows on with regards to what it says on the tin.

When Amanda was disrupted during the torture was too funny. Still have to see the repercussions of the bank transfer activating the sleeper agent from the previous ep too.

So much for Amanda's (up till now) subtle interrogation techniques :eek:

Tough job for Michael's character today. How much did the actor get paid for just sitting on a couch and make a few phone calls?

Rest of it was pretty meh. Doesn't look like this show will take the risks of killing off people like Berkhoff and always knew he was gonna be rescued. After quite a soppy opening few mins it was ok though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,754 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

i still can't handle nikita being such a wuss around michael

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Some hilarious bits this week. Michael's entrance being particularly amusing!
    We see him coming from a mile off yet he somehow saves the day.

Nikita's emotional scenes with the guardian fella, cringe. (Is she just bad at acting them or is it the script?)

The most annoying thing is when the bad guys are just so stupid although they're supposed to be highly trained people.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

Elohim wrote: »
    Some hilarious bits this week. Michael's entrance being particularly amusing!
    I cracked up laughing at that, he looked like fcuking Hellboy in his big mad leather jacket and I swear to God I saw him do a little hair-flick.

That entrance was seriously funny.

Interesting twist there at the end although i was beginning to think Amanda was her mother and she worked some pyscho mojo on Alex to forget her. Good to see Percy's plans slowly falling into place.

• Advertisement

^ ya but lads, the point is....did they intend on it being funny?....or has the show gone soo downhill that it dosen't even know it's LOL now?

^ ya but lads, the point is....did they intend on it being funny?....or has the show gone soo downhill that it dosen't even know it's LOL now?

The only reason I watch the show is for the funny moments like those. This show is seriously so much fun to watch, you couldn't possibly take real world thought process to apply to Nikita. They go from one part of the world to another in seconds. It cheeses up the cheese, cringes up the cringe, actions up the action and i think does it very well.

Well that's my take on it.

Just realised i didn't actually answer that question in previous post. Yeah i think its intentional.

doing a catchup at the 'mo :) - just watched ep. 7/8.....7 was a cracker!, i was like :eek: when ryan got killed. I really thought he was gone....then bam!, the old slick Nikita bait and switch! :p

Gits, they really had me as well!, great twist...didn't see it coming :D, lol....i've lost my Nikita touch for foreseeing these twists/plots. Ep. 8 was Ok i guess, least they added that Cassandra wasn't some wifey type...MI6, nice one!

Overall enjoyable stuff....off now to watch ep. 9/10 :)

So....fully caught up now, watched episodes 7/8/9/10 last night. That finale was weak sauce....compare it to the AWESOME Winter finale last year when Nikta escaped from Division ?

Not a patch this years Winter finale on the last, Percy has a mole inside Division...and it ain't Roan!, he's too obvious to be the person who sent the computer messages and empty swively chair bit. Imo i think it's the black English female tech girl.

Alex's mother alive? :rolleyes: ..how cliche, seriously...i've said this before but i am just NOT feeeling this show, it's not the same as the awesome first season. Tbf the last four eps. did have a more serialised and interwoven plot elements.

I also noticed alot of similarities to Rubicon, ergo ep. 7 with Ryan and how Oversight used Division to alter world events for profit....exact same angle was used in Rubicon, also notice Oversight is much more omnipresent this year.

But overall i am very unhappy with Nikita, many times i nearly gave up...i still might do, it's not the same show and i don't have the passion for it like season 1.

:(

So....fully caught up now, watched episodes 7/8/9/10 last night. That finale was weak sauce....compare it to the AWESOME Winter finale last year when Nikta escaped from Division ?

Not a patch this years Winter finale on the last, Percy has a mole inside Division...and it ain't Roan!, he's too obvious to be the person who sent the computer messages and empty swively chair bit. Imo i think it's the black English female tech girl.

Alex's mother alive? :rolleyes: ..how cliche, seriously...i've said this before but i am just NOT feeeling this show, it's not the same as the awesome first season. Tbf the last four eps. did have a more serialised and interwoven plot elements.

I also noticed alot of similarities to Rubicon, ergo ep. 7 with Ryan and how Oversight used Division to alter world events for profit....exact same angle was used in Rubicon, also notice Oversight is much more omnipresent this year.

But overall i am very unhappy with Nikita, many times i nearly gave up...i still might do, it's not the same show and i don't have the passion for it like season 1.

Maybe I'm watching it through rose tinted glasses :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

I think it's the fact that there's no real objectives or tension this season. Season 1 we had Alex infiltrating Division and trying to bring it down.

This season it's about the black boxes and Oversight, but there's not much coherency between the episodes. All of them could be put in any order and we'd probably be none the wiser. It's hard to see where it's gonna go. Agree with Richard that this season is a big let down after S1 :(

Alex's mother alive? :rolleyes: ..how cliche, seriously...

It's a bit stupid alright but I'm glad they cast Nina in that role. She was great at being a b*tch in 24. Obviously she won't be as awesome in this but hopefully she'll bring something to the episodes.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,974 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

The whole season seemed to me that it was all a build up to season three.

I hope that we get a season 3 to prove it.:pac:

Haven't watched the episode in full yet, had to catch it during lunch, but the bits I did manage to see were great.
    So happy to have the Alex/Nikita tag team back. I've missed those days.

• Advertisement

you know what really ruins nikita, the stupid voice that comes up at the end saying hey this is jason apples? don't miss an all new supernatural.

Ha! Jason Apples, I'm stealing that ;p

You know...sometimes you gotta give credit where it's due, and ep. 12 was a cracker! :D, best episode of the season, best written, genuine twist i didn't see coming....the Guardians were headed for Oversight HQ and not Division! :eek:

Some very interesting and well written scenes between Percy and Amanda....that was some exchange/heart-to-heart they had. You deluded yourself into thinking you loved me, but [drops bomb] ....you're incapable of love.

Cue Amanda cut up almost in tears then going for the gullet!....intense stuff alright, while the ep. still had that new feel/vibe i've complained about it was still a gripping watch.

The next ep. looks just as intense as the scooby gang try to save everyone in Division :) [returns Feb. 3rd]

I'm giving it a 4/5 because i've not been impressed by Nikita all season.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,452 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

That was a really fun episode actually. First Nikita in a long time (this season anyway) where I'm dying to see what happens next.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Have to agree,really good episode. Things starting to heat up and it will be interesting to see where they go from here. What other plan does Amanda have a I wonder? Who was she on the phone to? Will be good to see Percy back in play for real.

Major spoilers in this article....reading between the lines, me thinks major budget cuts to try get a third season.

http://tinyurl.com/7wd2wn7

Hope it's not Sean, but he seems like the most likely candidate :(

DeWitt wrote: »
    Hope it's not Sean, but he seems like the most likely candidate :(
    One of the boys, Sean or Ryan....i think Devon Sawa is way too popular to axe right now

• Advertisement

no ep this week,i see were getting that blonde from bones

Advertisement