Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nikita Season 2 [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭DeWitt

God darn it, I hate that it has been moved to Fridays. I work all day on Saturday, so it'll probably be Sunday before I get to catch up. Unless I get up a few hours earlier before work to watch it, which I did for Dollhouse(I know I'm sad).

Holy Shiiiiit! That was AWESOME.

Loving all the new dynamics, and I'm already quite fond of this Sean guy. I see hot angry sex in his & Alex's future.
    Birkoff & Nikita are just adorable together. I had the biggest dorkiest smirk across my face after he saved them, and she called him nerd and then they hugged :D

Percy in a box is kind of funny, and XB actually looks quite sickly. He has aged an awful lot over the Summer, and I'm still not finding his character all that interesting...hoping it's not just me.

The Alex/Nikita showdown *drool* I love how Nikita fought her while being a Mother figure "Stop...Stop that... I told you to stop!" . Poor Alex though. God, why can't they just kiss & makeup? Oh how I've missed this show.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Jaysus!....you seen that fast?....watch it live?....i'll be watching it soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭red dave

"Do you have haggis here? I need 3 pounds of haggis...cheap, no pig, bloody"

That was a really great season opener.

Jaysus!....you seen that fast?....watch it live?....i'll be watching it soon.

Yeah, had to watch live. No sleep for the TV addicted :p

• Advertisement

Solid opener, but a rather different tone and feel compared to season 1, my issue was Birkoff....eh?, that seems badly plotted/scripted. He sends two [awesome] drones to help Mikita out, they end up at his house....for what reason?, is he now helping Team takedown Division?

It just seemed out of character for the character, like they needed them to have a tech guy outside of Division and made up some hamfisted reason to get him on team.
    Division has had a major revamp, the training room is gone, same set....just moved the operations room into the training room and operations room is now Amanda's lair/office.

Total Silence Of The Lambs with Percy locked in the basement complete with X-Men type cell, great stuff!, but damn!....Nikita fracked up Alex!, broke her arm and shot her.....!!!

It was a very good season opener but it was a rather different show compared to season 1, the dynamics have certainly changed alot. Amanda seems less meancing and more manager, Percy needs to escape pronto!, the guy Oversight guy Sean...unsure about him yet.

Dunno...Mikita on the road will be tough to get used to, we'll see how things go.

my issue was Birkoff....eh?, that seems badly plotted/scripted. He sends two [awesome] drones to help Mikita out, they end up at his house....for what reason?, is he now helping Team takedown Division?

I don't think it's that much of a stretch to have Birkhoff helping Team Nikita. I was rewatching some eps earlier, and I'm not sure if it was ep 12 or 13 but Birkhoff basically said he didn't ask for this & the only reason he was doing any of it was because Percy got him out of prison. So I guess with Percy seemingly out of the picture he jumped ship?
    Then again he did help Mikita around season finale time. I'm glad he's on the outside though. It would be stupid to keep him in division where he'd only be playing Alex's role from last yr being the inside mole.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

Loved that opener, sets the scene nicely. I don't mind Birkoff being on team Nikita, it makes sense since his new role at the end of the last season dealing with the boxes and seeing what happened to the previous "Engineer" that he would want to bail Division to protect himself... Alex still seems conflicted still about going up against Nikita but after having her arm broken and getting shot, she might be more firmly on Amanda's side.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭Lirange

It was a decent start for S2. I like Percy being sealed in his playpen. It has potential to be a good wildcard device. Since we know Amanda's likely just going to string Alex along until she gets Nikita.

I just hope they discard the fetish for mirroring the Michael arc with Alex this year. Nikita shoots Michael. Nikita shoots Alex. I hope Sergei Semak is a prominent part. Just do it differently. Don't recycle Michael/Kasim. I'd also like to see Nikita be thwarted a bit more this series. Rather than have her save the day almost every time. Then try to convince us that was Percy's plan all along ... after having a late epiphany that Division was being made to look like the Keystone Cops. A hero(ine) is only as good as their nemesis.

Ratings, waited for the finals....it's OK imo, it's about what i expected for a Friday and on the CW: http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2011/09/26/friday-final-broadcast-tv-ratings-no-adults-18-49-adjustments-plus-fringe-a-gifted-man-15-min-ratings/104856/comment-page-2/#comments

It'll get a full season for sure....but a third?, dunno....

• Advertisement

Stronger episode then the premiere, but i feel the whole show it TOTALLY different!, it's not the same show per season 1, it feels different...the tone is very diifferent, charcters have changed. Birkoff for example....like a different character, honestly i am not at all happy with these changes.

I've just seen ep. 2 and while it was better then the first, i get the sense Craig Silverstein has left the bulding, like it's under new showrunners....tis weird!, alot of CW shows have changed in the new season.

TVD, Nikita, even 90210 to an extent...i wonder if this is new CW head honcho?....something is off, something has changed. Owen....wow!, he's working with Gogle?, actually when that scene played out i intially thought he was working for Oversight!

Julie McNiven was great, Birkoff was pretty good also...the two of 'em were geeking out bigtime!, bit of a love connection there methinks. The whole sleeper story wasn't bad at all, but the ep. severely lacked Amanda and Alex!

Casting news, guest star gets upgraded; http://www.tvline.com/2011/09/tvline-items-nikita-casey-promoted-csi-ny-weston/

Some good action in this ep. there was an epic save with Nikita and a fast car!, that scene was kinda Transformers....you'll get it when you see it, sleeper girl also played a Terminator moment as well, a certain head tilted to the side moved that recalled Cameron...you'll get it when you see it.

Dunno....it's not Nikita, toneally it's very different, i'm not gagging for or giddy with glee for the next ep., why do they bloody change things?....grrrr!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

Owen....wow!, he's working with Gogle?

What? He's working for Google? :P

Given that the head of Gogol is on Alex's list, I'd say Alex and Owen will probably come to blows soon enough...
    Julie McNiven was great, Birkoff was pretty good also...the two of 'em were geeking out bigtime!

Yep, I got the vibe during that scene that they are setting her up as a love interest for Birkhoff/recurring character but even though I liked her, I can do without more relationship drama so hopefully it's not going that way...
    Dunno....it's not Nikita, toneally it's very different, i'm not gagging for or giddy with glee for the next ep., why do they bloody change things?....grrrr!

I agree that it feels different though I still enjoy it very much. I think it's probably due to the fact that there's still a lot of "set up" happening, the season doesn't have quite the clear direction/goal that Nikita had in the first season with Alex and players are still been shifted into position. It might take another couple of episodes before things settle in I'd guess, with some big twists then coming around the mid season point...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

With birkoff going to the "good" side and Percy in jail there is really very few personality's on the baddie side, which can't be a good thing. Even the plot this week was a bit hard to understand- Venezualans trying to kill an American Judge because she was investigating Venezualan oil companies? Was this some sort of Chavez-bashing?

Terrible...just terrible!, ep. 3 was just crap!, the show is NOT the same!....it's obvious to me now Craig Silverstein is not running the show,he's not guiding the stories...working on Terra Nova and other stuff.

The show has gone to hell, it's totally different from top down, the vibe/feel/tone is polar opposite to season 1, there are no amazing twists or shockers...no gripping plotlines.

It's just some generic mission-of-the-week, even the flashbacks aren't as girpping or cool like last year. They've also had a major budget cut as well, ep. 3 looked cheap as hell!

I don't know WTF happened.....but i'm watching something completely different........?
    It scored a 0.5, bad....it'll probably get a full season and be axed or the ep. order reduced to 18 and done.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2011/10/08/tv-ratings-friday-fringe-blue-bloods-rise-nikita-csi-ny-fall-supernatural-a-gifted-man-steady/106575/

• Registered Users Posts: 55,452 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Damn, I'm agreeing with you a lot these days, Rich. :)

Pretty bad episode this week. Birkhoff has been demoted to comic relief.
    It'll want to pick up pretty quickly or I'll drop it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,754 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

i hope nikita shot that guy (or his boss)

I liked it *shrug*, and I'm not even that much into the Mikita stuff. It's all about Sean & Alex now :P
    I thought Ramon was a great character, and they should have used him more. The actor playing him had a lot more presence than the usual Nikita guest stars.

Liking the way things are being set up now. Gogol working with Zetrov, Zetrov knowing Alex is alive, Alex coming around to working with Nikita again. It's all coming together.
    The Zetrov-Gogol angle also presents an opportunity for Devon Sawa & Lyndsy Fonseca to share some screentime. Really looking forward to that Owen/Alex confrontation(shipperitus, don't ask).
    Hoping Percy gets out of his cage soon. That whole thing is getting tiring pretty fast, kinda like the shell programme during season one. Fingers crossed he'll be out by episode 9 or 10.
    I'm really missing the inside workings of Division too, then again the Zetrov-Gogol dynamic is pretty cool(even if production looks a bit cheap).

I've enjoyed all the episodes of season 2 so far, don't feel like there's a real stinker in there....yet.

• Advertisement

Ooooh, Awesome! Looks like we've got a lot of cool action sequences coming up.
    Also noticed Nikita's real Dad in a scene. Can't wait to see how that pays off
    . I've no idea where this season is going to end. It's insane. And can I just say I love that the cast are already so enthusiastic about a third season.

PS. It was really awesome having Roan back in this weeks ep. He's totally like Scarface now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

I really enjoyed the latest episode, even if I spent most of it staring at the actress playing Kelly, going "God, where do I know you from?". Turns out it's Bones.

Anyway, loved the partnership between Roan and Alex, Roan taking out the Russian in the forest without even looking was pretty awesome. Nice fight sequences also. I felt like Micheal was running around like a bit of a spare part though.

I found Amanda and Percy's tea-party quite funny but I agree he needs to leave his box soon for it to stay interesting.

tl;dr-very excited about what's coming next!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

This episode was a bit "meh". Michael's little "surprise" felt kind of awkward and ham-fisted. Very much a plot device to create conflict between him and Nikita when he eventually finds out the truth.

I burst out laughing at the end scene with Percy's Don Corleone esque straightening of his suit.

Conclusion: didn't add much to the overall plot arc of the show, except maybe strengthening Alex and what's-his-name's relationship, which I don't find that interesting.

FouxDaFaFa wrote: »
    This episode was a bit "meh". Michael's little "surprise" felt kind of awkward and ham-fisted. Very much a plot device to create conflict between him and Nikita when he eventually finds out the truth.

I burst out laughing at the end scene with Percy's Don Corleone esque straightening of his suit.

Conclusion: didn't add much to the overall plot arc of the show, except maybe strengthening Alex and what's-his-name's relationship, which I don't find that interesting.

And this spoiler pretty much confirms your theory [well done Foxy]:
    Jo in Los Angeles, Calif.: Nikita news, please! How great is Birkhoff this season?
    Pretty freakin' great, but that's no surprise. What we're really curious about is how Michael is going to handle this whole ex-girlfriend situation. "[She] is the beginning of messing with the dynamic between Michael and Nikita (Maggie Q). She comes in for two episodes and the second episode is the polar opposite of how things were in the first one," Shane West tells us. "Michael is going to have to make a decision on what he is going to do in the future and how this is going to affect his relationship. It is certainly not a problem that is going to go away."

Read more: http://uk.eonline.com/news/watch_with_kristin/spoiler_chat_there_another_couple_going/271349#ixzz1bni4X63U

Fresh ep. tonight! - some new casting news as well: http://www.tvline.com/2011/10/nikita-casting-sarah-clarke-24-season-2/

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭Elohim

Only started watching this show about 3 weeks ago. Watched all S1 and have now caught up with it.
    Acting is so corny, escapes a ridiculous and convenient. A lot of similarities to Alias I think, but I preferred Alias.

Entertaining show though with simple MOTW. Is the target audience teenage girls? (Just wondering about all the cringe-worthy "emotional" scenes)

The latest episode had an excellent action sequence and shootout!, Roan is The Terminator!

BUT....i think this season overall is terrible, dreadful!....it's NOT the same show. I've said it before but the tone/feel/characters/direction/stories are nothing like the amazing season 1.

I've barely commented on the show, last season the thread was electric every week....i think alot of posters feel the same as me, it's a spectacular fall from grace imo, forget season 2 slump....it's a totally different show!

Good episode this week, less emotional soppy crap than usual and good story progression. Never noticed them zooming in on the high heels so much before though!

• Registered Users Posts: 55,452 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

forget season 2 slump....it's a totally different show!

A bit harsh. Sure, it has a different dynamic (the Alex/Nikita interplay has been sidelined somewhat), but its still a great show. After a limp few episodes starting off, this has really picked up in the last few.

As with last week's, I really liked this week's too. Nice twist at the end that I didn't see coming.

Needs more Xander Berkeley though.

• Advertisement

Pretty decent episode, Percy the sneak! Very nicely done on his part.
    I presume the cliffhanger for the winter break is whether Michael will be returning or not.

Advertisement