Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supernatural Season 7 *Spoilers*

Options
123457»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,208 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

I like Crowley, but the amount of times they've brought him back now is just ridiculous. He needs to be killed off, permanently, and not keep being brought back as the wild card.

Misha Collins stood out in this one. I liked the scene when Meg, Crowley, Cas and the two brothers were in the log cabin/hideout. Not often you those 5 together, thought it worked pretty well.

As for the demise of Dick, they've done that sort of thing before. False attempt, then bam. I don't mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭angelll

So Dean went to hell and was brought back and sam didn't know...then sam went to hell and was brought back and dean didn't know...and now Dean is in purgatory so i'll throw a wild card in there and guess he'll be brought back and sam won't know,yawn. I LOVE supernatural but this season as a whole was a bit blah,will keep watching though :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

It was as good a finale as they could have for this season I think. There was some decent episodes, but on the whole the main season arc wasn't as gripping as some other seasons I think. They did play the "Carry on my wayward son" bit though which for some reason always makes it special, and they made good use of bringing the Impala back, after being absent so long I was delighted to see a return like that (though a little disappointed that it was Meg driving :)). I hope season 8 is a bit better though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

It was definitely not the weakest season, and the vitality the series still has after seven seasons and 149 episodes is exceptional.

This wasn't the best season but it was well plotted out with a good mixture of drama, comedy and story arc, they've mastered how to tie monster-of-the-week stories into the emotional storyline of the characters. We got Bobby's death, a ghost bobby and his final good-bye. Cas went from being God to dead to healer to fruit loop and the brothers continuing their numbing journey into darkness. I'm happy they didn't kill Crowley, yet at least. Better the enemy you know than the one you don't and we certainly needed a break from demons being a focus of the show.

Purgatory has huge potential, with alot of old friends having the chance to reappear - every monster they've killed is there and it's likely demons that were properly 'killed', like Yellow-Eyes and Lilth, are there too. Hell, even Bobby is probably there. It has alot going for it that hell didn't, not least the idea that all these souls need not be evil - the whole purpose of purgatory is to cleanse souls for entrance into heaven. If season eight proved to be the final season - and on current evidence even that's questionable - it would make for a beautiful send-off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,804 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Argh, song stuck in my head and not Carry On...

"Starry Starry night..."

• Registered Users Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭Nuts102

Is their going to be another season. Thought it ended last episode i saw they showed into the future where Dean is living with a woman thought that was the end of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Nuts102 wrote: »
    Is their going to be another season. Thought it ended last episode i saw they showed into the future where Dean is living with a woman thought that was the end of it.

that was 2 seasons a go.

They started a new story arc last season that brought the two brothers back together.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭Nuts102

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    that was 2 seasons a go.

They started a new story arc last season that brought the two brothers back together.

thanks only really got into it while they were showing all the episodes on tv3 every night awhile ago and thought that was the end of it.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Nuts102 wrote: »
    Well it was done as a possible ending - it was Season 5 and sort of written as the end of one plot arc. I can see why you might've thought that.
    However, it got renewed and then renewed again and now renewed again so there's plenty more left.

• Advertisement

Just finished episode 10, Death's Door and it may very well be the best episode of the show I've ever seen. Bobby telling the reaper that he won't let go and die because someone needs to look after Sam and Dean is one of the most tear inducing moments ive ever seen. "I don't care, they're my boys" managed in a few words to sum up just what made Bobby such a great character. He's the emotional center of the show and his absence will be felt. Bobby has always been the best character in the show and the closest we've ever got to how I image a hunter looks. He looks liked he would be more at home sitting atop a horse in the old west.

Bobby's final confrontation with his dad is just a brilliantly handled scene and the dialogue finially allowed Bobby to state just how much he loved his two "idjits"

"Kids ain't supposed to be grateful. They're supposed to eat your food and break your heart, ya selfish dick! You died and I was still so afraid I'd turn into you, I never even had kids of my own."

" As fate would have it, I adopted two boys. And they grew up great. They grew up heroes."

Advertisement