Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supernatural Season 7 *Spoilers*

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,208 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

I can't really think of a moment that struck me as a jump the shark situation for SPN, nothing stands out as un-Dean/Sam like in that respect.

I think sometimes people are too quick to judge a show's new season based on the first few episodes, although granted we're 5 episodes in now, so I can understand that not everyone's happy. Ideally, they would have ended it at the end of year 5, going on longer is always risky.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,452 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Well thank f*** for that. Supernatural is back on form. Lots of development on the main plot (the Amy thing is out in the open, Crowley is back, and we finally have the head honcho of the leviathans)

Plus the soft rock interlude was the funniest thing I've seen in the last 6 episodes. :)

Just keep that standard up until the end and I'll be happy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

Mr E wrote: »
    Well thank f*** for that. Supernatural is back on form. Lots of development on the main plot (the Amy thing is out in the open, Crowley is back, and we finally have the head honcho of the leviathans)

Plus the soft rock interlude was the funniest thing I've seen in the last 6 episodes. :)

In regards to the head honcho.
    Is he running for president?
    Can't beat defeating demons with cleaning products. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭EdgarAllenPoo

Corkfeen wrote: »

In regards to the head honcho.
    Is he running for president?
    Can't beat defeating demons with cleaning products. :D

We need an appearance by Barry Scott as a hunter.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,208 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Yeah, it was good, best of 7 so far. Felt like a reboot in a way - scrapping their IDs, ditching the car for a while, linking to the pilot, a good bit of humour, Dean's singing, lol, and some good Bobby stuff. I'm still a little underwhelmed by the Leviathans as an enemy. The younger FBI was a bit of a clown, so no surprise he's a Leviathan.

Post-Amy sulky Sam? *shrug*

Also, Saul Tigh!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

I liked the big honcho guy, some good acting outta him for the small appearance he made..

And i found out what the leviathans mouth graphic reminds me of, the tooth fairies from hellboy 2

tooth_fairies.jpg

All in all a good episode and hoping it stays on par..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Decent episode. Who knew Bobby could have "feelings!"

But yet another Sam and Dean split? That's at least one every season since 2, it's getting a bit old at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭angelll

Was away so had a double episode to watch today :) Really enjoyed them both,seems like we're getting back on form. Loved dean singing in the car :D Thought the slash fiction referral with the campbell brothers was v good too.

Good ep, not spectacular, more of a staple diet episode. Liked that the burning bones thing didn't work as rapidly as it has done before/the ghost stayed around for a while. Some good humour and nice bashing of the psychic industry.

Decent episode alright, nice gore too.

The breakup at the end of the last episode was pretty pointless. Looks like whole story with Amy is now wrapped up (until the son is old enough for revenge!)

• Advertisement

Really?! Superfan99?!

:pac:

Apart from the standoff at the end, I didn't really like this one. Felt a bit fillery.

Yep felt the same mr E,only thing it did was get crowley in contact with the boys again and we already saw him last week with the leader of the leviathans.

Yeah, it was a little fillery. I liked the self-referential humour, though there's always the danger of overdoing it and they've to be careful with someone like Becky as she could have been very annoying, cutesy, dorky, sure. The writers are obviously really aware of the internet fanbase and its more whacky elements, but it wasn't a stand out episode for stuff that's meta. I don't think we'd seen a crossroads demon in a while, so good to see one again. I'm not fussed about seeing Crowley again, though I like his anti-Levithan stance...assuming he's being honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

I thought they were going to bring Chuck back into it and explain what happened to him but it never happened so I was disappointed. No advancement of the storyline.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

There was so much promise in that episode..

.. but a real lack of humour and Kardashian references left me feeling a bit disappointed!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭Skinfull

I enjoyed this ep and feel like its finding its stride again. I prefer the boo eps and havent really liked an arc story since the yellow eyed demon. Though this was less boo and more woo but at least the bros didnt split up again. That IS getting old!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Oh you better not have. Don't think about doing it! Two week wait to find out what happened.

No mention of promos either please - I don't want even an inkling of what happens next.

First half was standard monster of the week stuff, but the second half was excellent!

I wonder if
    he was switched out? Dick kind of overemphasised that he could be anyone he wanted. My money is on the Asian chick or Edgar in the back seat

• Advertisement

I wonder if
    he was switched out? Dick kind of overemphasised that he could be anyone he wanted. My money is on the Asian chick or Edgar in the back seat
    I don't think so:
    If it was one of the Leviathan, they'd heal too easily - they're impervious to bullets.
    I reckon it really is Bobby and they're going to turn to Crowley to help them out. A deal with the devil that'll have repercussions for the season.

They already got rid of Cas,who was a great character and is missed already. They kill Bobby off and they will lose something altogether! can't happen! better not happen! why no episode next week?

tvnutz wrote: »
    why no episode next week?
    Because they hate us and want to show some mini-series crap instead.

In supernatural...how does someone become an angel? Is it possible for a human to take angel form? Or guardian angel even...Just wondering where they could be going with this! With Cas gone bobby taking over his role could be v handy,how else will they defeat the leviathans? I suppose Crowley coming back had to mean something but don't want him near poor Bobby! They were leading up to his death alright,with all the soul searching talks with Dean in the car....

I rolled by eyes at the start of this episode (Oh god, not a bloody dream sequence episode...) but it was really REALLY great. Heavy stuff, hard to watch, but really well acted. The scenes with Bobby and his dad were terrific.

Good cliffhanger too..... one month to wait to see how it pans out, though.

Those multiple time/perspective shift things are often a little choppy, but it was well done. Agreed with Bobby and the scenes with his Dad, what a prick. I hope the reaper comes back in the next episode because they could flesh him out a bit more.

Ye I really hate dream episodes and the like but Bobby is such a great character that this was good. hence why I really hope they don't kill him off. They can spout all this nonsense that this show is about the two brothers but I think most people here would agree that some of the strongest stuff has come because they had such a great supporting cast, most notably the characters of Castiel and Bobby.

They already got rid of Castiel, a mistake in my opinion, getting rid of Bobby would be even worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭sambuka41

Heavy stuff, hard to watch, but really well acted. The scenes with Bobby and his dad were terrific.

Yeah agreed, very heavy going, I really hope he doesn't die. It will really feel like there is something missing if he goes, we're only half way through. But it has given Dean some venom, we haven't seen that in a while.

Excellent episode but damn, one of the most depressing episodes I've ever watched of the show. Jim Beaver was great in this.
    I liked how Dean said what we were hoping to think - Bobby always make it. I'm really not sure this time. If he's there at all, he'll be Ghost Bobby at best. Damn this will really cut the Winchester boys up. To say they're going to be pissed is an understatement: Bobby was far more of a father than their biological dad ever was.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭red dave

RIP Bobby

Yeah very sad ep indeed. I think Bobby's "killed" off with maybe a guest appearance here and there as a spirit/ghost. One of my mates was in the house when I was watching it, before I put it on i was saying "the series is a bit of craic, nothing too serious" :o

Was great to get the back story about shooting his father. Rufus in the episode was excellent along with Bobby.

I hope the brothers don't mull over his death for too long and get into some serious revenge mode for the next half of the season.

Advertisement