Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supernatural Season 7 *Spoilers*

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,208 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

I'd say that about The Walking Dead, background stuff.

I enjoyed this one. Thought it hit the right notes with the humour, good deaths, generally being entertaining and the real estate types felt more interesting than some of the people they've come up against.

Bad news about Frank, I liked him in this one, but I guess he's probably not dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭angelll

Still not much happening in it is there...episodes are grand but what do we really know :confused: The leviathan are killer property developers? Blah.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,452 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Anyone check out the promo for next week? Looks like a strange one, with an old friend making a return. :)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

angelll wrote: »
    Still not much happening in it is there...episodes are grand but what do we really know :confused: The leviathan are killer property developers? Blah.
    There was more to it than that though: They bought up property in order to build an institution to help humans by curing cancer. What's up there then: Why are they helping us out?

Enjoyed the episode again. Unlike some here I'm not seeing this huge drop in quality. It's not up to S5 standards but it's still one of my favourite shows.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,208 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Seeing as the Leviathans eat people, cancer could poison them as well, right? Maybe they're working the visitors angle, like in V.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,614 ✭✭✭es-cee

enjoying this season so far, haven't watched it in a few weeks tho, will have to catch up online.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,974 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

I hope their new assistant isn't dead, he was very entertaining in a sarcastic miserable fecker kind of way.

ixoy wrote: »
    There was more to it than that though: They bought up property in order to build an institution to help humans by curing cancer. What's up there then: Why are they helping us out?

Enjoyed the episode again. Unlike some here I'm not seeing this huge drop in quality. It's not up to S5 standards but it's still one of my favourite shows.

Reminds me a lot of a certain storyline on V.

angelll wrote: »
    Reminds me a lot of a certain storyline on V.
    Probably that is where they're going but I'd like to be proven wrong - for it to be more interesting!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

Relatively good episode and good to see Cas... :D Behaving like old holier than Cas rather than the newer version too. Except with no idea for the most part... :P
    Cas killing the demons and regaining his memory was an awesome scene. Hopefully we'll get to see him back to sanity at some point.
    Meg's head put on a few pounds......

• Advertisement

Wonder is meg trying to turn him to the dark side,presume so! At least Sam is back to full strength but at the cost of Cas.....i dunno,think Cas was more important than him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

That episode felt sticky and clunky in parts.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

I enjoyed this episode but I felt that I should have liked it more given it featured Cas, Lucifer and Meg. It should have been excellent rather than good. Part of the problem was that the structure seemed a little off - initially we spend a lot of time with Sam and Lucifer but then Lucifer vanishes for about half the show.

Cas' re-introduction was a little too easy but I'm thinking that maybe God is actually intervening now and moving Cas into position. Cas then re-gaining his memories only to absorb the images of Lucifer - a bit of a quick way to wrap up that story-line. I'm hoping though there's some meaty pay off this season and that Meg's appearance at the end isn't merely an excuse to hold off a plot line that will only be developed in the future.
    I'm also hoping we'll get to see Crowley again - the return of the many demons indicates we will.
    Oh yeah and that Leviathan arc - how about some concrete movement!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭Skinfull

LOVED seeing Cas again and while I was watching the show in the background when I saw Cas it took my who attention, and even went so far as to go back to the start and watch fully!
    I really enjoyed the ep with Sam and Lucifer in the hospital (What a dick Lucifer is! :))
    The little sub story with the girl and her brother and then Sam revealing Cas, but the best scene was Cas reliving his demon killing and regaining his memory.
    Great ep, more please!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭red dave

Great to see Cas back. Thought that scene was done really well.

I read on Twitter last night about a character turning up on set for future episode.
    Bobby Singer

Aquila wrote: »
    Also has anyone heard if Supernatural will be renewed for another season?

Hasn't been decided yet AFAIK.

Really liked this one. Good work from everyone. I thought Castiel's re-introduction was maybe a little too easy. 'Oh, hello, Emanuel, you don't remember, but *la la la* and cue a Castiel montage. Not knocking the montage as such, just that it came a bit easy and he downloaded the memories into his head again. The trenchcoat was a nice touch. :) What's Meg up to?

• Advertisement

Also liked this one. A little fillery, but it didn't feel fillery at the same time. Seemed like they were having fun with it and Bobby, yay!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

Didn't think 7-18 was great. Mr Fizzles gave me some laughs though.

Would have only been a passable episode if it wasn't for the end - finally Bobby! All the hints dropped were addressed. It's interesting to see that he's actually trying to make himself visible but can't for some reason. I suspect Cas might see him though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

The Bobby bit at the end was handled well but they need to be careful that ghost Bobby doesn't turn into a cute lil'sidekick.

Enjoyed the episode but I don't the series to go past its shelf life. Has it passed syndication?

Enjoyed the episode but I don't the series to go past its shelf life. Has it passed syndication?
    Syndication is 100 episodes so Season 5 was the syndication mark really. Season 7 is a weaker season but a lot of that (IMO) is down to a weak foe in the Leviathans and how they're not really addressing it. It needs a stronger focus to stop it drifting, as it is, into the more loosely connected, and weaker, earlier seasons.

Aquila wrote: »
    Some news on a possible renewal
    Looks like the Winchesters brothers will return.
    The CW and Warner Bros. are changing showrunners on Supernatural.
    more here
    http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/04/04/supernatural-changing-showrunners-and-likely-renewed/

He was the showrunner for (imo) supernaturals best seasons, so hopefully if it is renewed he'll have an influence for them to get back to that form. That's presuming he had an influence in the seasons he was showrunner before. Currently I'm happy its still going, but just feels aimless story-wise. They should start a proper finale arc where they say in 'x' years supernatural ends.

Good news if it gets picked up and a new showrunner mightn't hurt, either.

Now, then. :pac:

wig.gif

• Advertisement

I've a soft spot for the creepy house type ones and I liked the dynamic between Bobby and Annie.

'For the record, I hated that Swayze flick'

'Smiler?'

:pac:

And then there was that ending...

Advertisement