Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your unpopular music opinions

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Zero1986 wrote: »
    I actually quite like The Coral and I think their most recent album Butterfly House is their best. The Thrills on the other hand I never liked, I always found their music to be very weak and limped. Not to mention the terrible vocals.

Both bands were nauseating imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

Oasis ripped off The Wombles.

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Vomit

Pearl Jam are boring and samey.

Hate Led Zeppelin...especially Stairway to Heaven.

Queens Of The Stone Age and bands like them are crap and deserve to be forgotten along with nu-metal and everything 90's/00's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭SilverScreen

Vomit wrote: »

Queens Of The Stone Age and bands like them are crap and deserve to be forgotten along with nu-metal and everything 90's/00's.
    So all music composed in the last 21 years deserves to be forgotten about? I take it you haven't heard much music.

So all music composed in the last 21 years deserves to be forgotten about? I take it you haven't heard much music.

... because music was invented in 1990?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭SleepAtNight

It was no 60's but think he's being a bit harsh there!!

... because music was invented in 1990?
    Obviously not but great music did exist from 1990 onwards you know, you just have to look for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

Milkshake by Kelis is a damn good song

So is her other song, 'Caught Out There' - the one where she's screaming. It's a good hate-filled song. :D

Totally, there was no good music over the past two decades and certainly no artists such as Mike Patton who crossed all genres and did something truly unique.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Totally, there was no good music over the past two decades and certainly no artists such as Mike Patton who crossed all genres and did something truly unique.

No good music from 1990 till now? That has to be one of the most ridicilious statements ive heard really. You probably in your fortys and think music died with your generation.

I like music from new bands to old bands and all genres to make sweeping statement like that is just laughable.

• Advertisement

No good music from 1990 till now? That has to be one of the most ridicilious statements ive heard really. You probably in your fortys and think music died with your generation.

I like music from new bands to old bands and genres to make sweeping statement like that is just laughable.

data-picard-facepalm.jpg

The sarcasm I take it was lost on you.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

data-picard-facepalm.jpg

The sarcasm I take it was lost on you.

:o my bad.

I hate Mike Patton and I hate crossing all genres (which he actually didn't do). Guess I'm on the right thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭I-Shot-Jr

I unashamedly adore the darkness.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

I hate Mike Patton and I hate crossing all genres (which he actually didn't do). Guess I'm on the right thread!
    13-are-you-serious-face.jpg

Yeah, you're in the right place alright...

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Maximum 40 Characters

Richard Ashcroft;Never in the history of music has a man been so heavily weighed down by so little talent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭Android 666

Richard Ashcroft;Never in the history of music has a man been so heavily weighed down by so little talent.

Indeed! What an utter, utter knob jockey...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭AhSureTisGrand

Yeah? Well I hate all genres, full stop. Beat that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭smokedeels

I like Elliott Smith a lot, but "needle in the hay" bores me and I always skip it.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

smokedeels wrote: »
    I like Elliott Smith a lot, but "needle in the hay" bores me and I always skip it.

Worst post of the whole thread! ! !

• Advertisement

Pretty sure that there is no other artist who has worked in as many genres as Patton. He is the only artist who when buying a new album never know what to expect. From rock to metal to hip hop to experimental to big band, etc, etc. he's done them all and continues to create unique and interesting work

Pretty sure that there is no other artist who has worked in as many genres as Patton. He is the only artist who when buying a new album never know what to expect. From rock to metal to hip hop to experimental to big band, etc, etc. he's done them all and continues to create unique and interesting work
    Justin Broadrick comes pretty close. He did grindcore with Napalm Death, industrial with Godflesh, shoegaze with Jesu, hip-hop with Techno Animal, ambient electronica with Pale Sketcher and he's been involved in numerous other projects which I haven't got around to hearing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

Aphex Twin.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

Beastie Boys to an extent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭Android 666

El Pr0n wrote: »
    Aphex Twin.

Yes, he's everything from IDM to, em, IDM

Yes, he's everything from IDM to, em, IDM

You're forgetting his ambient stuff, his earlier stuff in house and acid, his jungle, hip hop, drum/drill 'n' bass, and then all the stuff on drukqs... And 'IDM' doesn't really describe any particular sound does it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Speaking of, I hate the term IDM. I don't know if this is unpopular or not...

Namlub wrote: »
    Speaking of, I hate the term IDM. I don't know if this is unpopular or not...

Not unpopular at all! Dumbest, most arrogant name for a kind of music ever, I think everyone that's ever been called "IDM" has rejected it :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

I think Beck is pretty genre-bending.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭ItsAWindUp

Elton John is really really bad.

Oasis are a poor imitation of the Stone Roses.

Morrissey's solo stuff is massively underrated, obviously it isn't gonna sound like The Smiths, how could it?

Eminem, 50 Cent, Jay Z; all the most famous rappers, yet all crap.

Radiohead are s hit, and their fans seem to be annoying little twerps with an inflated sense of musical superiority.

Pulp have one or two good songs, but their live shows are hideously boring.

Gavin Friday is the most underrated Irish musician ever.

Beady Eye are crap, Liam Gallagher's a tosser.

Of all the bands that people said were the best at Electric Picnic 2011, nobody said Underworld. They were phenomenal, way better than the Chemical Brothers.

Red Hot Chilli Peppers are terrible.

Nirvana are terrible, wouldn't be half as possible had Cobain not kicked the bucket.

John Lydon is a serious musician, made great music with two great bands.

Blur are really really bad.

Michael Jackson is perhaps the most overrated musician ever, and a vile human being.

David Bowie is massively overrated.

Beyonce has some great songs, yet gets lumped in with all the other crap pop acts for some reason.

Advertisement