Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amanda Brunker at Oxegen (See Mod Note Post#1)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

markwho wrote: »
    This is probably the funniest thing ever. She doesn't actually sing
    Stupid link wont embed

video removed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Amazing that Amandas performance was so good that the video was removed. Youtube couldn't handle the talent
    no surprise really but on page 2 & 3 of the sunday world:
    "SUNDAY WORLD BABE WOWS FANS WITH AWESOME PERFORMANCE":pac:
    "BONO BACKS OUR AMANDA AS SHE THRILLS CROWD AT OXEGEN":pac:
    the article goes on to say that "MANY OF THE CROWD WERE BOWLED OVER BY HER VERY SENSUAL PERFORMANCE" ...jesus christ:confused:
    and to top the whole lot off eddie rowley has labelled her as"IRELANDS NEXT SINGING SENSATION":eek::eek::eek:

Those headlines are worse than anything the News of the World ever did.

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭The Internet Explorer

A really underrated artist. I wish her the best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

A really underrated artist. I wish her the best.

Hi Amanda

• Registered Users Posts: 2,366 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

Is she on twitter? I want to personally abuse her for that scandalous performance.

• Advertisement

I personally preferred her older material. It had a real vintage vibe. A really underrated artist.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Tayla

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_IDgAnOxuYo

You can watch it here (if you dare)

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭mr.wiggle

GiftofGab wrote: »
    Is she on twitter? I want to personally abuse her for that scandalous performance.

Too late Gift of Gab
    she intends to quit Twitter
    http://www.hotpress.com/news/8060955.html

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,568 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

jimmynokia wrote: »
    video removed

O' its still out there!
    Now if thats a good thing or a bad thing... review away!

A really underrated artist.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭TheUsual

Yah yah. Loike totally.
    I preferred her earlier work though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭geeky

If you know something we don't - if, for example, the whole thing was an Andy Kaufman-esque comic hoax - then yes, yes she is.
    If she really did think whispering a few of the lyrics to 'with or without you' constituted a performance then no, no she's not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

Ugh to think of the acts that have played that stage and all the acts that would have killed to play it and then to put that on stage make me feel kind of sick

no surprise really but on page 2 & 3 of the sunday world:
    "SUNDAY WORLD BABE WOWS FANS WITH AWESOME PERFORMANCE":pac:
    "BONO BACKS OUR AMANDA AS SHE THRILLS CROWD AT OXEGEN":pac:
    the article goes on to say that "MANY OF THE CROWD WERE BOWLED OVER BY HER VERY SENSUAL PERFORMANCE" ...jesus christ:confused:
    and to top the whole lot off eddie rowley has labelled her as"IRELANDS NEXT SINGING SENSATION":eek::eek::eek:
    That says a lot about the quality of the Sunday World reporting.
    ...No sorry. It just further proves it!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

belfast_awards_17_wenn2654705%20(2).jpg

"Roysh, loike tooowtally".

You gotta admit, she is funny, up there on stage with her silly glasses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

Got to love when semi famous folk get the p1ss ripped out of them and cry wolf when they can't take it even though they put themselves in said situation. They usual then throw out the I will take legal action nonsense. Her musical talents are that of one of those tone deaf folk who try out for those tv shows and get ridiculed by judges for being terrible.

The worst part she wasted a time slot that could have gone to individuals who are a million times better than her musically.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭ciarriaithuaidh

Best comment on this so far goes to the youtube user who wrote, "she's like a hoarse Mary O'Rourke on Ecstasy"!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Allow me to introduce you to the Sunday independents Andrea Smith. A <snip> who in an understandable attempt to support her friend, reveals she knows nothing about music and insults just about everyone who didn't make the Oxegen lineup and musicians in general.
    I thought she had a nice voice, handled herself brilliantly, was very entertaining and engaged with the crowd -- far more than some earnest, shoe-gazing identikit musician types would have done anyway.

as you can see from the quote above she thinks oxegen is built for the likes of brunker and not for actual bands....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

even Katherine Lynch would have done better

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭SHOVELLER

You know what?

I feel sorry for her.

You know what?

Great rack.

For those on phones:
    Describe in a Tweet: Impressive levels of embarrassment.

What happened: Amanda Brunker is a well known socialite in the south. Imagine a slightly refined (but almost as pointless) Jordan. Apparently she fancies herself as a singer these days, but is yet to release anything and (before today) hadn't done a single gig. But, with Jessie J pulling out, she was booked seemingly as a cheap publicity stunt, with column inches and a twitter trending guaranteed.

Crazy in Love: We honestly approached this with an open mind, but we really can't emphasise enough how much of a joke this performance was. A Spanish guitarist and his chums jam for a bit, before Amanda joins them for a lengthy and astonishingly bad, faux-soul version of U2's 'With or Without You', during which she sings only a handful of lines. It's surreal. She has the cheek to inform us "that wasn't so bad, was it?" (how can she possibly think it was good?!) before explaining she won't be performing any more songs and would therefore just dance about a bit. So her 'band' jam again as she shuffles around her mic, showing her age by throwing the odd cringe-tastic cliched shout-out to a very small and increasingly puzzled gathering at the second stage. Our toes our curling out of our wellies - then she's gone.

Why Don't You Love Me: Our 'beef' isn't so much with Amanda Brunker. As pop music rules these days, Oxegen has lost a little credibility, arguably no fault of it's own. But it's puzzling that they've added insult to injury with this booking, especially with any number of incredible Irish acts who could make a great deal of this slot. It's also a little disrespectful to the actual music fans who've supported this festival for several years. With ticket sales low we appreciate they needed the publicity, but this was a crass way to go about garnering last minute interest. Embarrassing on so many levels.

Oxegen rating: 0/10
    Allow me to introduce you to the Sunday independents Andrea Smith. A <snip> who in an understandable attempt to support her friend, reveals she knows nothing about music and insults just about everyone who didn't make the Oxegen lineup and musicians in general.

as you can see from the quote above she thinks oxegen is built for the likes of brunker and not for actual bands....

I thought she had a nice voice, handled herself brilliantly, was very entertaining and engaged with the crowd -- far more than some earnest, shoe-gazing identikit musician types would have done anyway.

http://www.independent.ie/lifestyle/independent-woman/celebrity-news-gossip/brunker-brings-fresh-air-to-a-muddy-oxegen-2817732.html#ixzz1Rmq3b2KH

Engaged with the crowd?

:pac:

If you actually watch the video available, they are seen shaking their heads in disbelief and stand looking stunned - probably at the badness of what they are witnessing!
    Engaged with the crowd... Thats a good one! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 901 ✭✭✭ChunkyLover_53

They should get Sile Seoige to do a Kylie number next year...

I'd pay to see that if Sile's twitters are anything to go by.

Biggins wrote: »
    For those on phones:

Engaged with the crowd?

:pac:

If you actually watch the video available, they are seen shaking their heads in disbelief and stand looking stunned - probably at the badness of what they are witnessing!
    Engaged with the crowd... Thats a good one! :pac:

most of the crowd were actually paid to be there....i'm not being smart here...they were mostly journos!!

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Sierra 117

The truth about Oxegen is that people go to festivals to be entertained. If I was wandering around a muddy field in Kildare, I'd be a million times more interested in watching Amanda Brunker potentially torturing the eardrums off the crowd, than being bored rigid by the "credible" music emanating from some earnest Z-list band who'd have trouble filling Whelan's.
    I like how she tries to tell it as it is and completely fails. People go to festivals to be entertained by musicians and bands. And in Oxegen's case, they paid good money to do so. Giving Brunker a slot was an insult to them.

And a z-list band may have trouble filling Whelans but they would have at least drawn more of a crowd to that field than Brunker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,919 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

Sonovagun wrote: »
    a few up skirt shots that just failed to deliver!

Tantalising fanny shots

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

This kind of thing is everywhere these days though, people doing favours for a friend and not doing the job they are supposed to be doing. From MCD to the journos backslapping her and the most annoying thing of all, is that they see nothing wrong in it. Lack of integrity boils my fucking blood.

I'd still ride her

even Katherine Lynch would have done better

Dont be giving them any ideas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭11811

In the immortal words of Jimmy Rabbitte Sr. -
    "Betcha U2 are ****tin' themselves."

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement