Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amanda Brunker at Oxegen (See Mod Note Post#1)

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭smokingman

Heard the rucus about this yesterday and to be honest...after seeing that...I...don't....even..what now??!!

The interview afterwards would indicate that it wasn't as bad as I was hearing, but then I saw the youtube vid and if anything, she's getting away quite lightly.

The Irish Jordan strikes again... :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Allow me to introduce you to the Sunday independents Andrea Smith. A <snip> who in an understandable attempt to support her friend, reveals she knows nothing about music and insults just about everyone who didn't make the Oxegen lineup and musicians in general.

as you can see from the quote above she thinks oxegen is built for the likes of brunker and not for actual bands....

The article is terrible, so obvious that its either Amandas mate, or she was forced to write a positive review and she took the piss.
    All the people who though Jedward were the least talented music act in Irelands have to eat their words

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

After watching it again I am beginning to think this may be a cynical publicity stunt deliberately shambolic in order for her to gain attention. She was so bad that she surely couldn't have possibly fooled herself into thinking that this was her shot at the big time, I reckon she must have intentionally set out to be as awful as possible...surely???

If she had given a respectable but unspectacular performance in front of 20 people she'd have not received a fraction of this attention and would have immediately been forgotten about, people like her know how to use the media and are remarkably good at playing that game and I get the sneaking suspicion that she knew exactly what she was doing and how places like Boards would react.

Either that or else she is simply deluded beyond belief...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

Tayla wrote: »
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_IDgAnOxuYo

You can watch it here (if you dare)

I watched that. I wish I hadn't...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

After watching it again I am beginning to think this may be a cynical publicity stunt deliberately shambolic in order for her to gain attention. She was so bad that she surely couldn't have possibly fooled herself into thinking that this was her shot at the big time, I reckon she must have intentionally set out to be as awful as possible...surely???

The only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about, aka - There's no such thing as bad publicity except your own obituary.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭patmac

model cum writer
    And now singer there really is no beginning to her talents.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Dymo

RTE have put up her interview again but all comments are pending approval so expect to see just nice comments. She managed to mention Cost Plus Sofas and her books and how she is not a media whore she doesn't attend that many things and is not at the opening of an envelope.

There's some strange guy sitting on the left of the couch, don't know why he's there. They seem to be interviewing Amanda only.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭droidus

After watching it again I am beginning to think this may be a cynical publicity stunt deliberately shambolic in order for her to gain attention...

10 minutes on stage, at least 30 minutes of interviews on Youtube alone...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Parsley

jesus christ, she's 37? she's acting like some spoilt teenager. o_O

that's shocking.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,568 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Dymo wrote: »
    RTE have put up her interview again but all comments are pending approval so expect to see just nice comments. She managed to mention Cost Plus Sofas and her books and how she is not a media whore she doesn't attend that many things and is not at the opening of an envelope....

What can we honestly expect!
    Whatever is on RTE that is home grown talking, they are always plugging something.
    (The biggest plug show of all being the Late Late Advertiser!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Xivilai

She was a judge on that All Ireland Talent Show wasn't she? :o

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭MajorMax

............................................________
    ....................................,.-‘”...................``~.,
    .............................,.-”...................................“-.,
    .........................,/...............................................”:,
    .....................,?......................................................\,
    .................../...........................................................,}
    ................./......................................................,:`^`..}
    .............../...................................................,:”........./
    ..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../
    ............./__.(.....“~-,_..............................,:`........../
    .........../(_....”~,_........“~,_....................,:`........_/
    ..........{.._$;_......”=,_.......“-,_.......,.-~-,},.~”;/....}
    ...........((.....*~_.......”=-._......“;,,./`..../”............../
    ...,,,___.\`~,......“~.,....................`.....}............../
    ............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-”
    ............/.`~,......`-...............................\....../\
    .............\`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....\,__
    ,,_..........}.>-._\...................................|..............`=~-,
    .....`=~-,_\_......`\,.................................\
    ...................`=~-,,.\,...............................\
    ................................`:,,...........................`\..............__
    .....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``
    ........................................_\..........._,-%.......`\
    ...................................,<`.._|_,-&``................`\

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Xivilai

patmac wrote: »
    model cum writer
    And now singer there really is no beginning to her talents.

and next shes writing a movie!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,802 ✭✭✭oranbhoy67

Shes famous for two things only she should just whip them out & be done with it then go away!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

oranbhoy67 wrote: »
    Shes famous for two things only she should just whip them out & be done with it then go away!

Because without proper support that would be a spectacular flop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

CatFromHue wrote: »
    firstly 2pm on a sat afternoon isnt exactly rush hour at any witness/oxegen any year i've been. actually there were one or two years i didnt get there till after 2. the first bands only come on at 2. the first bands play that early for a reason.

secondly brunker seems to be getting alot of stick over this but the oxegen management, the people who let a cover band no one has heard of on stage, get nothing.

if you ask me the line up in general is weak this year.

and so she should get stick. She was obviously cocky enough to think she could make a go of it. If she had any decency she would have given up the slot to a deserving band. Cocky bint. The band with her are sh*t too. Absolute sh*t you hear in hotel bars, or when companies are advertising property in Spain or unveiling a new car. Marketing music. Sh*t, and I hope this follows all of them to the grave.....:mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭WealthyB

In Amanda's world being gifted a spot on the 2nd biggest stage of the biggest festival in Ireland, and whispering 4 lines of a cover tune propels her to the status of "performing artist", and anyone who disagrees is a begrudger based on the musing that "people in Ireland don't like you to be more than one thing"

If Amanda Brunker wants to be take seriously as an artist she might want to start by writing some original material, maybe even learning an instrument. Then she can jump in a van and start driving all around Ireland, playing crappy clubs and pubs and plugging a demo that's not been saturated with auto-tune and produced on the cheap by one of her celebrity friends. Then, once she's put in her time on the road, and if she's obviously talented, a combination of luck through being in the right place at the same time, and a lot of blood sweat and tears, would finally mean she got a deserved chance.

David Gray played gigs for a fiver in Whelans almost every week; Rodrigo y Gabriela could be seen for free in Temple Bar on a Saturday. These guys deserve anything to coming to them, having put in the hard hours (and actually being talented). Brunker in contrast deserves nothing.

MCD happy to shoot themselves in the foot again, but with their stranglehold on the Irish Music Industry they won't be losing any sleep over it; however I hope paying punters realise how cynical an attempt at promotion this was, and the contempt with which MCD hold their customer base in.

Lastly, a word on Brunker's choice of clothes - reminiscent of your Auntie at a fancy dress shouting "Far Out" and "Groovy maaan"... Trying too hard to be "Down with the Kids" would be an understatement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Dymo wrote: »
    RTE have put up her interview again but all comments are pending approval so expect to see just nice comments.

One of the comments says

"you were ****!!!!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭TheUsual

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    One of the comments says
    "you were ****!!!!"

That was me.
    Internet fame at last.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

I think we've had enough of the celebrity bashing here in CVPL. This is not a cool vid. It's just a bash thread. And while it may be lame, it can be just as easily discussed in gigs and events or celebs and showbiz or music or anywhere it is not my problem.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement