Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amanda Brunker at Oxegen (See Mod Note Post#1)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭mr.wiggle

strobe wrote: »
    Poor poor Gitano... See where she mentioned him? See that look on his face? That's the same look Martin Bormann had on his face when they spoke of Auschwitz in Nuremberg. The poor guy, he was just following orders. (Gitano, not Bormann, fukk Bormann).

Brilliant, Strobe, just Brilliant, LOL'd I did !:D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Did she get paid for that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭dee.

It's a shame because there's plenty of bands that would have did a much better job and could benefit from the experience but they give it to this attention seeker instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

belfast_awards_17_wenn2654705%20(2).jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭dee.

Just watched her performance there and I'm actually speechless. So much second hand embarrassment for her.

You can barely even hear her singing, she spent 80% of the time just swaying along to the music, there's about 20 people watching her performance...wow.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 400 ✭✭Rafa1977

Only in Ireland!!

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Plentyofice

I don't think I've ever seen anything as cringeworthy. Jesus, the utter embarassment of it. To have the sheer audacity and self loathing to allow herself to do that....OMFG... No doubt one sunday paper will call her a dramatic success.:mad::mad::mad::mad:
    Fcuk the singin.She should just cut the bullsh1t and get her big bouncy bubbly baps out :):D:):D:rolleyes::):D:rolleyes::):D. That's all she is good for..

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

I could only tolerate about 30 seconds of that shyte - fúcking pathetic. What was that wagon even doing there? Surely some artist with actual talent and ability would have appreciated such an opportunity at Oxygen.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Independent Review:

I'll tell you why you shouldn't have got a chance, Amanda
    On inducting U2 into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2005, Bruce Springsteen said: "In art, in love and in rock and roll, the whole had better equal much more than the sum of its parts. A great rock band searches for the same force that fuelled the expansion of the universe after the big bang."

"You want the earth to shake and spit fire, you want the sky to split apart and for God to pour out. It's embarrassing to want so much and expect so much from music, but occasionally it happens."

Yesterday, a prime slot at Ireland's largest and supposedly most prestigious rock festival was given to a tabloid journalist and and an author of trashy chick lit author, famous for nothing else other than being a big bosomed loud mouth who has no music credentials to speak of, other than being a hanger-on of U2 lead singer, Bono.

A blonde bombshell, there are only two very big obvious reasons to look at Amanda Brunker. A brilliant self-publicist, she has certainly made the most of her assets, and good luck to her. But she does not belong at Oxegen, if that festival demands any credibility.

Her inclusion on the Vodafone stage at 2pm yesterday, following the withdrawal of Jessie J, was disgustingly outrageous, and highlights boldly exactly what's wrong with the "Irish music scene".

"Why shouldn't I get a chance?" she retorted when news of her appearance emerged. A chance is not a prime slot at Oxegen.

Countless bands worthy of a slot no doubt expressed an interest and were turned down. Let me declare my hand here. I am a musician. I have played various festivals in the past 10 years. I, like many others, dreamed of making a living from music. To all those in that boat, who dream or have dreamt of a career in rock, Brunker's presence at Oxegen was repugnant.

The self-absorbed sense of entitlement that oozes out of Dublin's Z-list bar flies, each of them pointless non-entities, knows no bounds. So many great Irish acts like O Emperor, Lucky Bones, The Last Tycoons or Hitman Lord could have benefited from that slot.

Instead, one email from this tabloid creature sealed the deal. God help us!

Given the forceful response online to the news of her appearance, there are many who feel the same as me. I mean seriously, who would they get to replace Beyonce if she pulled out of her slot tonight? Georgia Salpa?

The truth of the matter is that she is a face around Dublin, and no doubt friendly with the booking agents and MCD boss Denis Desmond himself. He had a slot to fill and rather than give some worthy band a break, he chose to make a mockery of all those bands who slog, who starve and who live in poverty in the hope of making it.

Those who defend Brunker will say, well at least she asked. She showed a bit of initiative. That's simply nonsense. Her presence on the Vodafone stage at Oxegen is the final nail in the coffin of the Irish music scene, which has been dying painfully slowly for years. Or maybe it was all just a publicity stunt by Desmond to attract attention. If it was he has succeeded.

But just to cover all bases, Mr Desmond, here is my request: can my band and I please play Oxegen next year? I look forward to hearing from you but I'm not holding my breath.

- Daniel McConnell

http://tinyurl.com/3svmcgy

'Nuff said!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭ynul31f47k6b59

Trying very, very hard not to make a personal attack here (but it's SO hard not to) - I think the fact that she was allowed to perform was bad enough. "Singing" a U2 song was like rubbing salt in the wound.

I know at least 10 young lads and girls in bands who work their a$$es off to even get a gig in a small pub in a Saturday night, I can't understand why this chance was given to someone who has no experience in the music industry. They should have ran a quick battle-of-the-bands competition on radio, they had enough time and any decent band would have been able to jump up at short notice.

This is a grown woman with no musical talent or experience on stage at Europe's biggest music festival wearing plastic sunglasses, a flower garland, swaying along mumbling to U2. *sigh*.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭seaniemoylan

no surprise really but on page 2 & 3 of the sunday world:
    "SUNDAY WORLD BABE WOWS FANS WITH AWESOME PERFORMANCE":pac:
    "BONO BACKS OUR AMANDA AS SHE THRILLS CROWD AT OXEGEN":pac:
    the article goes on to say that "MANY OF THE CROWD WERE BOWLED OVER BY HER VERY SENSUAL PERFORMANCE" ...jesus christ:confused:
    and to top the whole lot off eddie rowley has labelled her as"IRELANDS NEXT SINGING SENSATION":eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭sk8board

no surprise really but on page 2 & 3 of the sunday world:
    "SUNDAY WORLD BABE WOWS FANS WITH AWESOME PERFORMANCE":pac:
    "BONO BACKS OUR AMANDA AS SHE THRILLS CROWD AT OXEGEN":pac:
    the article goes on to say that "MANY OF THE CROWD WERE BOWLED OVER BY HER VERY SENSUAL PERFORMANCE" ...jesus christ:confused:
    and to top the whole lot off eddie rowley has labelled her as"IRELANDS NEXT SINGING SENSATION":eek::eek::eek:

its a sunday scabloid 'news'paper - you were expecting to read the truth? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 aridal

We caught this by accident on the day, it was extremely odd and awkward, ...

Honestly I had actually never heard of Brunker before so I'm still amused, confused and a little transfixed by all of this

What really floors me is this interview after ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Hb0w4uprkg

There was literally nobody there but she calls it like she played to thousands.

I'd love to know what really happened - was there supposed to be more to the set, did she just bottle it...

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭seaniemoylan

"it went really well" no it didnt,it really didnt,it was like some random pub karaoke singer wandered up on the stage and didnt know the words

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭RGDATA!

I'd say that was embarrassing but, I mean, she's so shameless it's not like it would make a difference.

2nd post, end of thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,655 ✭✭✭1966

Being such a bigwig in the music industry now she could get a judging gig for x-factor !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Cill Dara Abu

What a tallentless gimp that one is!

Shes not even that goodlooking FFS!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭losthorizon

a symbol of all thats wrong with Ireland. No wonder we are in the state we are in.

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭neaideabh

Just in case you want to express your opinion on facebook! This was already there. I didn't create this page in a vain attempt to do a group to see how many people i can get to join!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

She is on the front of the paper version of The Times.
    If you get to glance at the paper today, you will see her pic and a not too flattering comment under it as to her performance.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

She labeled us all haters on twitter and on that youtube interview :(

I would label us as accurate :cool:

Must get next weeks Sunday World and read about her 25th new diet for 2011.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

mikemac wrote: »
    She labeled us all haters on twitter and on that youtube interview :(

I would label us as accurate :cool:

Must get next weeks Sunday World and read about her 25th new diet for 2011.

She also mentioned something about Irish people having a problem with celebrities trying new things :D Yeah Amanda keep pretending to yourself that you're a TV star, Journalist and an Author, now you're a singer and soon you''ll be a script writer. Jack of all trades, shi*e at them all...
    Never understood why she's famous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Before her second novel came out in 2008 which the Sindo assures us was a big succuss, she was all over the media

Some ex boyfriend had a sex tape was going to release it :eek:
    And she paid this guy €500 to get it back

In the end the story was bull****, just getting in the papers to pimp the book

Amazing how it happened right before her book was published, amazing....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

This agries up my blood... she decides she can "sing" and all of a sudden an Oxegen slot is handed to her, I know countless bands and singers who would have jumped at the chance to play that slot and would've rocked it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

She is an attention seeking MO FO

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭sideswipe

Bet her first album will be called Amanda Brunker- The Greatest Tits

sideswipe wrote: »
    Bet her first album will be called Amanda Brunker- The Greatest Tits

NO amanda brunker I AM A TIT

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

:p

unled1cpsab.jpg

ColeTrain wrote: »
    She also mentioned something about Irish people having a problem with celebrities trying new things :D Yeah Amanda keep pretending to yourself that you're a TV star, Journalist and an Author, now you're a singer and soon you''ll be a script writer. Jack of all trades, shi*e at them all...
    Never understood why she's famous.

i think this shoild be tweeted LABEL THAT LOL

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,290 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Please cut down on the abusive language folks. Discuss her performance or her in general all you like, even if you have negative things to say. But there's no need for the level of abuse that's been directed at her.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement