Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amanda Brunker at Oxegen (See Mod Note Post#1)

Options
  • 09-07-2011 4:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭

This is probably the funniest thing ever. She doesn't actually sing
    Stupid link wont embed

Barrington wrote: »
    Please cut down on the abusive language folks. Discuss her performance or her in general all you like, even if you have negative things to say. But there's no need for the level of abuse that's been directed at her.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 400 ✭✭Im Only 71Kg

5 people stabbed at oxygen this year and Amanda Brunker wasn't one of them! amazing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

I'd say that was embarrassing but, I mean, she's so shameless it's not like it would make a difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

U2 have nothing to fear anyway .- what were the organisers thinking about when they hired this .

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I'd say that was embarrassing but, I mean, she's so shameless it's not like it would make a difference.
    She's also so oblivious that she'll think it was the best performance in the history of music

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Security look singularly underemployed in that vid.

What time was that taken?

Irish Times report from the scene of the crime
    STEVEN CARROLL

Review of Amanda Brunker on the Vodaphone Stage this afternoon at Oxegen

Atmosphere: Absent
    High: The sun shining on Gitano’s upbeat Spanish guitar playing
    Low: Brunker’s brief appearance
    Quote: “What a great place to start”
    Verdict: Short, very short
    Stars out of five: *

It has long been said of the music industry that it isn’t what you know that matters but who you know.

Amanda Brunker was given the chance to make her maiden live musical performance at Oxegen this afternoon after emailing concert promoter Denis Desmond to inform him she had recorded some songs. She was a late addition replacing the injured Jessie J on the bill.

The model cum writer opened proceedings on the Vodaphone stage, the festival’s second largest, to a sparse crowd. She was accompanied by Gitano, a band fronted by Irish-based Spanish guitarist Francisco Garcia.

The performance was brief to say the least. Gitano opened with an accomplished upbeat Spanish guitar number before inviting their special guest on stage and on walked Brunker, dressed in a hippy style headband and flowing floral shirt.

A reworked version of U2’s With or Without You , less the majority of the lyrics, followed with Brunker’s vocals barely audible beneath some heavy reverb.

And after one track that was it for her. “I didn’t have the bravery to do anymore,” she said.

Gitano, somewhat aptly, followed her performance with a song entitled Desperado .

Brunker stayed and danced along before saying “what a great place to start” and exiting the Vodaphone stage just 10 minutes after she arrived.

Her addition to the bill raised a few eyebrows in the lead up to the festival.

"There was a little more press than I expected," Brunker said. “I’d like to dedicate this [show] to all the lovers and the haters.”

She need not have worried, there were very few of either on hand to witness it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭kinetic

Tell me this is a piss take?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Brilliant, those moves. Look at that mic work, fabulous. Wait no, it was shite.

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭kinetic

Im surprised the skanger bertie ahern wasnt with her on keyboards reading the news of the world.....that would really sum up the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭UpTheSlashers

mike65 wrote: »
    Security look singularly underemployed in that vid.

What time was that taken?

Probably at 2oclock on a side-stage. People are either only coming into the site, or starting the drinking, What gob:Pshites spent more than 5 minutes of their €300 weekend at this crap ?

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Xivilai

Well i'm sure bono liked her performance which is probably all she wanted :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,408 ✭✭✭Sunny!!

cringeworthy:eek:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,142 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

firstly 2pm on a sat afternoon isnt exactly rush hour at any witness/oxegen any year i've been. actually there were one or two years i didnt get there till after 2. the first bands only come on at 2. the first bands play that early for a reason.

secondly brunker seems to be getting alot of stick over this but the oxegen management, the people who let a cover band no one has heard of on stage, get nothing.

if you ask me the line up in general is weak this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Sonovagun

a few up skirt shots that just failed to deliver!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

If ever a stage needed a trapdoor that was the stage :D

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Xivilai

Didn't even realise what she was singing at first!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭stimpson

model cum writer

Lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭tsoparno

had to cover my eyes my ears will never be the same again

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

I think some one forgot to turn on her mic.

That was so ****

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭aligator_am

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Plumpynutt

Who is she?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

Cringe!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,568 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

godtabh wrote: »
    I think some one forgot to turn on her mic.

By the sounds of things, a blessing in disguise!
    The technical people probably didn't want to get arrested for causing pain and suffering upon the audience (what little there was). :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭lorebringer

Loving the kiddies pink sunglasses, and paired with the piece of sting with fake flowers on her head she's looking very stylish indeed :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Gumble01

appalling stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Typhoon.

that is so bad

how could any organiser put that on stage

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

FFS they could have let me go on stage and batter a drum for 5 minutes for a laugh... it'd be better than this ****e anyways...

does she even think it's a good song herself because if she does

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Less of the personal abuse (towards the singer) from here on out, please. PM me for clarification.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,568 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Less of the personal abuse (towards the singer) from here on out, please. PM me for clarification.
    Fair enough - but from just a true point of technique/skill review, my estimation of her 'show' - and I have seen many over ten times as many years, there is something lacking in her singing - and it has to be said.
    Whats missing is talent.
    The stage should have been put to better use.

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Rud

She has no skill or talent to justify her place on that stage.There are hundreds of acts across the country who would have killed to have been able to open the stage and yet it was given to her.Pathetic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

Ok..........................

I thought that performance was a little lacking in something.
    I wish Ms Brunker all the best in her other career as a writer/ columnist etc.
    I don't think she will be headlining Glastonbury next year, as this performance was not very good. :rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement