Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mayo GAA Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

The Hyde possibly

Thought there were health and safety issues?Can't imagine the capacity won't be adequate for a Mayo Sligo final.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,331 ✭✭✭naughto

seligehgit wrote: »
    Thought there were health and safety issues?Can't imagine the capacity won't be adequate for a Mayo Sligo final.

Can't see Sligo wanting to play in Castlebar

naughto wrote: »
    Can't see Sligo wanting to play in Castlebar

So it's Salthill then!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,127 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

My bad. The Hyde cannot hold it. Back to Salthill!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

Once was enough!

• Advertisement

Don't see Sligo causing us to much hassel in the final. They will not get away with the short ball kick out to start with they lost midfield tonight as they will the next day

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Westernyelp

Castlebar surely?

Castlebar surely?

Hopeso

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

Sligo were Good, very fit and very hungry and well deserved their win.

We better be ready for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭davegrohl48

Smart by Sligo to put fast mobile lads in midfield.
    We should be too strong in all areas. Marren is the main man. Reduce his influence and go hard at their defence with layoffs n runners. Great to see Sligo winning. See kids running on the pitch to their heroes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭cocoman

Please god noooooo !

• Registered Users Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭Fowler87

naughto wrote: »
    Don't see Sligo causing us to much hassel in the final. They will not get away with the short ball kick out to start with they lost midfield tonight as they will the next day

Forwards will be trouble though. True what sky pundits said, their cover is blown now. Good to see the pretenders out

Fowler87 wrote: »
    Forwards will be trouble though. True what sky pundits said, their cover is blown now. Good to see the pretenders out

Their inside line will take some watching, very good tonight.

Fowler87 wrote: »

They have to have the ball to do damage we are 5 yrs on the road I think we know how to beat them

• Registered Users Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Experienced too. Without doubt full backs will have more difficulty with Kelly and Marren than what they faced v Galway. Test is how they cope passed the 40

• Registered Users Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭davegrohl48

Btw first time seeing Jim McGuinness as an analyst. Really good on detail.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,146 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Are the stars aligning for Mayo this year? First the Galway lad gets injured in the car crash, now Sligo in the final...

Are the stars aligning for Mayo this year? First the Galway lad gets injured in the car crash, now Sligo in the final...
    we can usually handle this far ourselves anyway. it's the last bit that gets us.

Btw first time seeing Jim McGuinness as an analyst. Really good on detail.

As we've come to expect from his time as Donegal manager,big coup for SKY.

we can usually handle this far ourselves anyway. it's the last bit that gets us.

Couldn't agree more :D Unfortunately.:-(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,172 ✭✭✭✭km79

I've had a really really good feeling about this year for a while
    Nothing I've seen so far has dampened it.........how about a Galway hurling mayo football double !

km79 wrote: »
    I've had a really really good feeling about this year for a while
    Nothing I've seen so far has dampened it.........how about a Galway hurling mayo football double !
    I'll take it!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,104 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

Castlebar surely?

Correct.
    Hyde park can't take it for H&S reasons, if that is still the case I'm not sure.

Sligo will not drag their supporters down to Salthill for what would at best be negligible gain over playing it in Castlebar

• Registered Users Posts: 16,146 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

If we land the GAA equivalent of Estonia in the qf then we'll know the gods are with us...

If we land the GAA equivalent of Estonia in the qf then we'll know the gods are with us...

:D

We certainly wouldn't want to be giving them handy Goals. We will have to stop their supply. We better make a better job of going at them than Roscommon did.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,718 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

blinding wrote: »
    We certainly wouldn't want to be giving them handy Goals. We will have to stop their supply. We better make a better job of going at them than Roscommon did.

No disrespect to Sligo, but we really should be beating any Division 3 outfit with minimal fuss.
    I certainly don't see why we can't, there's no way our midfield and half back line will afford the Sligo forwards such clean possession as the had against Roscommon.
    Throw in the probable home advantage (I have no problem with Salthill from a purely football perspective) and I fully expect us to make it five in a row.

I agree but at the same time we must respect our opposition and never take them for granted. Roscommon appeared to take their eye of the ball and possibly be waiting for the final.Overconfidence can be fatal.They appeared tired with 2 long league campaigns,long under 21 campaigns.One wonders if they were engaged in a lot of strength and conditioning recently as they appeared very leggy.

I've no doubt the seasoned group of players we have will approach the Sligo match with their normal professional attitude to the fore.

Roscommon looked slow and cumbersome in comparison to Sligo.

Sligo looked generally smaller (unless its those black Jerseys) but made up for this with endeavour and fitness.

Mayo would be dumb to underestimate them. I wouldn't like to be Feeling like Roscommon today after the Connacht Final.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,104 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

padd b1975 wrote: »
    No disrespect to Sligo, but we really should be beating any Division 3 outfit with minimal fuss.
    I certainly don't see why we can't, there's no way our midfield and half back line will afford the Sligo forwards such clean possession as the had against Roscommon.
    Throw in the probable home advantage (I have no problem with Salthill from a purely football perspective) and I fully expect us to make it five in a row.

Regardless of Sligo's strengths in the forwrads and Mayos penchant for letting in goals, Mayo should still have too much for Sligo.
    Physicality and big game experience is certainly on Mayo's side.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement