Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mayo GAA Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,316 ✭✭✭naughto

1dfor me as well

• Registered Users Posts: 9,369 ✭✭✭irishgeo

1A

• Registered Users Posts: 8,104 ✭✭✭Oldtree

have to say 1A, not keen on the white bits on shoulders

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Looking forward to the county final tomorrow, hard one to call.Heading up and will watch back a recording of live action on TG4, weather forecast looks none too promising. :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭mayo.mick

seligehgit wrote: »
    Looking forward to the county final tomorrow, hard one to call.Heading up and will watch back a recording of live action on TG4, weather forecast looks none too promising. :-(

Hope to make it meself, weather not looking great at the moment :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Weather will effect the attendance i would say as its on TnaGee also. It will affect the performances also I would suspect. Think Tubber by 3 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

Alan Dillon- if you look at him, he'll go down looking for a free

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,723 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

Alan Dillon- if you look at him, he'll go down looking for a free

lots of them at it

nice_guy80 wrote: »
    lots of them at it

Yeah you're right- both teams looking for frees and due to the very poor ref, they are getting them.

Clear leg block by Ballintubber wing back there to deny Castlebar a goal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,723 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

Yeah you're right- both teams looking for frees and due to the very poor ref, they are getting them.

Clear leg block by Ballintubber wing back there to deny Castlebar a goal.

no it wasn't. He didn't move his leg.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

yop wrote: »
    Weather will effect the attendance i would say as its on TnaGee also. It will affect the performances also I would suspect. Think Tubber by 3 :D

You were right:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,009 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

I think we've found the GAA answer to this guy. Make sure you call Tubber's Connacht game(s) too so we can all clean out the bookies!:P

Paul.jpg

nice_guy80 wrote: »
    no it wasn't. He didn't move his leg.

I disagree- I thought it was to be honest.
    Not a great game to watch and some woeful wides by both teams- Ballintubber just had that little bit more upfront

Just in,Ballintubber's more economical and incisive forwards carried the day. Poor fare though, referee was very, very poor.

Match photos from Ballintubber v Castlebar county final today.

http://pix.ie/mayomick/album/498690

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Considering the conditions it wasn't a bad game. COC, DOC and Dillion had good games and Dillon showed his experience and was key to the win.
    Thought Moran was poor and Cunniffe wasn't too far behind him. Feeney had a good game covering a lot of ground.
    Broderick the lad from Westport, even at 36 took 2 nice points and slogged a lot of ground.
    As a neutral though the ref was v poor, some cards not given, not sure about the footblock though it was the 1st thing that I thought, could be more leg than foot block.
    Connelly and Holmes tucked away in the corner won't have seen loads I think.
    Bridgids which is home in early Nov will be a different kettle of fish, while I can't see the forwards been a problem I think Tubbers backs need to step up a lot more.

Connolly and Holmes were behind me but couldnt see them with the new fencing oon the walkway! Where are tubber playing bridgets?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Ballyhaunis into Connacht semi final after a comprehensive 16 point win over Dromahair of Leitrim. Playing St Croans on 2 November.

mayo.mick wrote: »
    Connolly and Holmes were behind me but couldnt see them with the new fencing oon the walkway! Where are tubber playing bridgets?

I heard on MadWest that it was 9th Nov in McHale park.

The 2 lads were well covered up, I'd say many didn't spot them.

McStay and McHale were sitting behind them....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭manofwisdom

McHale was on the Brigids sideline coaching his side and McStay was apparently watching on, interesting that he chose to watch the Roscommon final instead of Mayo but i guess he lives in Roscommon which means less traveling and he could watch the Mayo final back on Tg4.

• Advertisement

McHale was on the Brigids sideline coaching his side and McStay was apparently watching on, interesting that he chose to watch the Roscommon final instead of Mayo but i guess he lives in Roscommon which means less traveling and he could watch the Mayo final back on Tg4.

Not overly surprised, the lemon still tastes bad I am sure and as you said much easier to travel down the road than a trip to Mayo to club games.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Always_Running

The U-21 football championship 2015 was made this evening.

Quarter final

Mayo v leitrim

Semi finals

Mayo or leitrim v Galway
    Roscommon v Sligo

The U-21 football championship 2015 was made this evening.

Quarter final

Mayo v leitrim

Semi finals

Mayo or leitrim v Galway
    Roscommon v Sligo

We're long overdue a decent run in the under 21 championship.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

I did pat Holmes was wearing a wooly cap as was Connelly they were shown on Television

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Always_Running

seligehgit wrote: »
    We're long overdue a decent run in the under 21 championship.

Certainly, 2009 since a Connacht final appearance at this grade. The last three Mayo minor teams were strong with two All Ireland semi appearances and last year's All Ireland win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Defiler Of The Coffin

It's happening!

16115_712832395473086_6894249873421966072_n.png?oh=465906a4c4ad1e643d31c51cbc5eac5f&oe=54F4AF86&__gda__=1421053090_4bd3d1e4bb14f358ff9145726d6f4885

• Registered Users Posts: 3,101 ✭✭✭Boom__Boom

Suoneay is a bit of a strange name for a GAA book :D

It's happening!

16115_712832395473086_6894249873421966072_n.png?oh=465906a4c4ad1e643d31c51cbc5eac5f&oe=54F4AF86&__gda__=1421053090_4bd3d1e4bb14f358ff9145726d6f4885

Anyone here buy it?

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Shady Tady

Anyone here buy it?

I'd rather read my leaving very maths book!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

It's happening!

Looking forward to this.

I wonder what studio will snap up with film rights? Apparently Eminem is an early runner to play The Mort.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement