Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mayo GAA Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭GBXI

But that's the way the all star nominations work, they are loaded with the teams that get to the final and then the SF and one or two beyond that.

I understand that, that's why I was saying Doherty deserves one ahead of Walsh or Lynch because he had a bigger influence on his team. Also, can anyone confirm if the All Stars take club or league form into consideration or is it just Championship?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,101 ✭✭✭klairondavis

Mark Lynch is this year's token nod to the Allianz League nomination.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭Wolf Club

GBXI wrote: »
    I understand that, that's why I was saying Doherty deserves one ahead of Walsh or Lynch because he had a bigger influence on his team. Also, can anyone confirm if the All Stars take club or league form into consideration or is it just Championship?

Seeing as Lynch was nominated League definitely comes into it, he was the standout player in the country until May.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

hennelly deserved an all star never mind a nomination

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭Peist2007

km79 wrote: »
    someone obviously approached him as there was interest in it.
    Most of the people who are mouthing about him will be the ones buying it too ;)
    look at this thread already . no such thing as bad publicity

You implying i'll be buying the book? No chance, played with the lad. He doesnt have an original or interesting thought in his head. I know all about the lost All-Irelands, cant see there being anything else in there really.

• Advertisement

What ?
    He is Mayos most prolific scorer.
    He left the county setup in bizzare circumstances.

He has just as much to offer in a book as that ape from Roscommon has.

And who cares about a national profile, lots of GAA books come put every year from people with low national profiles.

No one cares though. And that will be a publisher's big problem. Grand writing a book but it has to sell. I'd be amazed if it does

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

Peist2007 wrote: »
    No one cares though. And that will be a publisher's big problem. Grand writing a book but it has to sell. I'd be amazed if it does

I hear Easons are opening a store in Shrule because of the demand.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,369 ✭✭✭irishgeo

keane2097 wrote: »
    My hole
    KMFCross wrote: »
    Care to elaborate?

a senior county player who might be moving to castlebar. i dont want to say much more.

ColeTrain wrote: »
    I hear Easons are opening a store in Shrule because of the demand.

I think Conor might be better off selling the book to people who dont know him personally

• Registered Users Posts: 3,836 ✭✭✭statto25

irishgeo wrote: »
    a senior county player who might be moving to castlebar. i dont want to say much more.

K1DkcHn.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

IMO Jason Doherty was more deserving of an All Star nomination than Mark Lynch.Lynch was outstanding in the league but contributed little of note during Derry's brief sojourn in the championship.
    It appears likely that Donnacha Walsh will possibly lose out with the moving of Michael Murphy to the half forward to accomodate Kieran Donaghy.Walsh is a seriously under rated player and will have to be counted very unlucky if this now annual rejigging of the lines to accommodate certain selections results in him losing out.Diarmuid Connolly looks a certainty with his outstanding club form and consistently good form in league and championship.His county colleague Paul Flynn will probably take the final gong in a ferociously competitive half forward line.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Always_Running

irishgeo wrote: »
    Could be a big inter club transfer soon if what I heard is true.

Same as last year with a certain bank official?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Kalyke

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Kalyke wrote: »

He has probably been dirtied now by the events with Mayo, so its going to be tough to get a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Kalyke

yop wrote: »
    He has probably been dirtied now by the events with Mayo, so its going to be tough to get a chance.
    I think his antics after he was turned down was more of a factor then the fact that his application was unsuccessful.

GALWAY/New York/Leitrim in the semi final next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,316 ✭✭✭naughto

seligehgit wrote: »
    GALWAY/New York/Leitrim in the semi final next year.

So Galway then with the rossies in the final

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Shady Tady

naughto wrote: »
    So Galway then with the rossies in the final

If ya get there!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭mayo.mick

Connacht

connacht-2015_zpsd6f0e6f6.jpg

Ulster

ulster-2015_zps51368022.jpg

Munster

munster-2015_zps2585870a.jpg

Leinster

leinster-2015_zps9dceecef.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 15,010 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

Really tough draw for Mayo

First game will likely be on June 21st away to Galway, who at that stage will have played two games.
    Lose that and you are into a hellish qualifier section with likely opponents being Donegal, Tyrone, Derry, Arnagh and Down, and even Tipp the best of the rest in Munster.

They really have to win in Galway or it's curtains.

Their league plan will have to be to get at least a SF place.
    They are likely to go from the 5th of April to the end of June without a game so an extra game, and possibly two, in the league will be of the utmost importance.

• Advertisement

Obviously they could also draw one of the poor Leinster or Munster teams in the qualifies but it will also be stacked with decent nordies

• Registered Users Posts: 8,104 ✭✭✭Oldtree

Got an email
    The early bird price is available until 31st October
    Dublin Football & Mayo Football will be open for Renewals Only
    :eek::D

Oldtree wrote: »
    Got an email

:eek::D

That has been highlighted for weeks on another thread.

Its no surprise either, I'd say the take up was very big post 2012 and 2013, the numbers renewing may go down now with the new manager, the failure to get to the final in 2014 and the tough draw.
    Some of the optimism may be gone.

Quite a week for Ballyhaunis winning the intermediate football title and the county hurling title beating the aristocrats of Tooreen,great credit to the Higgins clan...brothers Keith and Pierce and Dad Peter the manager.Always knew Keith Higgins was a tad handy with the caman.

Apparently Liam McHale has been appointed player performance coach in the Cavan setup.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

seligehgit wrote: »
    Apparently Liam McHale has been appointed player performance coach in the Cavan setup.

3rd time lucky he got a job ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭WesternZulu

3 options for the new Mayo jersey:

http://www.thescore.ie/2015-mayo-gaa-jersey-1726948-Oct2014/

None look all that great from the templates.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,836 ✭✭✭statto25

3 options for the new Mayo jersey:

http://www.thescore.ie/2015-mayo-gaa-jersey-1726948-Oct2014/

None look all that great from the templates.

1A for me. No stripes and a half red "hoop" so keeping the traditionalists somewhat happy. No collar is also a big one for me. I take it the chequered print will be something similar to the design on shoulders and sleeves of the Monaghan jersey.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Wont bother with a jersey next year but will likely invest in this for my Mayo purchase in 2015
    http://www.oneills.com/shop-by-team/gaa/connacht/mayo-gaa/mayo-marlon-retro-jacket.html

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭Mayo Club 51

1 A

1A_zps5c7d8e54.jpg

1B

1B_zps876500ac.jpg

1 D

1D_zpsd7d9db9e.jpg

Wonder where 1 C went to?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,703 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

1d looks best to me.

Delighted to see the return of the red hoop.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement