Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mayo GAA Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

keane2097 wrote: »
    You're normally orders of magnitude a better human than this.

Whats that meant to mean exactly?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

yop wrote: »
    Whats that meant to mean exactly?

You're behaving like a creep today, you're normally a much nicer individual and better poster or such is the impression I've always had.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

You're behaving like a creep today, you're normally a much nicer individual and better poster or such is the impression I've always had.

Don't read my posts then if you don't agree with them.

Don't read my posts then if you don't agree with them.

How will I know whether or not I agree with them before I read them?

How will I know whether or not I agree with them before I read them?

Listen read them or don't read them up to you, if they upset you then thats your issue.
    Thread has gone miles off course today by people reacting to my opinion of the match last night, I started it so I had better end it.
    I won't be responding to any more quotes of my posts re last nights match.

• Advertisement

Listen read them or don't read them up to you, if they upset you then thats your issue.
    Thread has gone miles off course today by people reacting to my opinion of the match last night, I started it so I had better end it.
    I won't be responding to any more quotes of my posts re last nights match.

Delighted for you :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

OK lads, I think it's best if ye draw a line under this and get this thread back onto discussion about Mayo GAA.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭homewardbound11

Mayo supporter first but I'd be equally delighted for any Connaught team winning an al. Was delighted when the rossies won the minor in 2006 over a fancied Kerry outfit. I just don't see the problem.
    Best team won by a long shot last night and had to take a good deal of flack today from a Roscommon native living in mayo. Soak it up boys.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,104 ✭✭✭Oldtree

At this moment in time I am getting seriously excited about the upcoming home match. :D

Oldtree wrote: »
    At this moment in time I am getting seriously excited about the upcoming home match. :D

Agreed, I think it could define a lot of our year, weird as it sounds.
    A win is required Sunday and at home regardless of who it is, you should be winning. Cork are form team along with the Dubs so it should be a good solid challenge.
    As long as JH stops dicking around with the positions and plays Higgins and Boyle where they should I think we have a good solid chance.
    I fear what Kevin O'Neill will do to Kevin Keane though.

Should be a big crowd.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Agreed, I think it could define a lot of our year, weird as it sounds.
    A win is required Sunday and at home regardless of who it is, you should be winning. Cork are form team along with the Dubs so it should be a good solid challenge.
    As long as JH stops dicking around with the positions and plays Higgins and Boyle where they should I think we have a good solid chance.
    I fear what Kevin O'Neill will do to Kevin Keane though.

Should be a big crowd.
    How we could do with a Kevin O'Neill in the full forward line now :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

Fowler87 wrote: »

He'd probably still do a job for us!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,703 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Team.... He's back!!

1) Robbie Hennelly - Breaffy
    2) Brendan Harrison - Aghamore
    3) Ger Cafferkey - Ballina Stephenites
    4) Shane McHale - Knockmore
    5) Lee Keegan - Westport (Capt.)
    6) Donal Vaughan - Ballinrobe
    7) Colm Boyle - Davitts
    8) Aidan O'Shea - Breaffy
    9) Jason Gibbons - Ballintubber
    10) Kevin McLoughlin - Knockmore
    11) Jason Doherty - Burrishoole
    12) Keith Higgins - Ballyhaunis
    13) Mickey Sweeney - Kiltane
    14) Alan Freeman - Aghamore
    15) Cillian O'Connor

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭naughto

higgins still in the forward line........
    henelly still in goal..............

Fowler87 wrote: »
    ColeTrain wrote: »
    He'd probably still do a job for us!
    Alright feckers, I auto typed Kevin!!! Obviously Colm :D

padd b1975 wrote: »
    Team.... He's back!!

1) Robbie Hennelly - Breaffy
    2) Brendan Harrison - Aghamore
    3) Ger Cafferkey - Ballina Stephenites
    4) Shane McHale - Knockmore
    5) Lee Keegan - Westport (Capt.)
    6) Donal Vaughan - Ballinrobe
    7) Colm Boyle - Davitts
    8) Aidan O'Shea - Breaffy
    9) Jason Gibbons - Ballintubber
    10) Kevin McLoughlin - Knockmore
    11) Jason Doherty - Burrishoole
    12) Keith Higgins - Ballyhaunis
    13) Mickey Sweeney - Kiltane
    14) Alan Freeman - Aghamore
    15) Cillian O'Connor

Ummm, great to see COC back in. I think that forward could cause major issues for Cork.
    Well its up to Harrison and McHale to step up to it now.
    Not sure about Jason Gibbons, would have preferred to see Seamie in there now, as for Higgins on the half forward line.....

Will wait to see how this goes now Sunday but I think the Higgins experiment has to end.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭blowitupref

Cork with 4 wins from 4 have all but secured a semi final spot. They now have the chance to experiment and looking at their side on Sunday they are doing that. Mayo on the other hand know how important this home game is and are starting up to 10 championship starters.

Mayo win i reckon.

naughto wrote: »
    higgins still in the forward line........
    henelly still in goal..............

Henelly is still the best option I feel.

Higgins nonsense needs to be brought to an abrupt halt, he is needed in defence.

Not sure about Jason Gibbons, would have preferred to see Seamie in there now, as for Higgins on the half forward line.....

Starting to feel JH may be developing a blind spot when it comes to Ballintubber players:o

Rumblings last year that Dillon was untouchable in the starting 15.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,026 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

Starting to feel JH may be developing a blind spot when it comes to Ballintubber players:o

Rumblings last year that Dillon was untouchable in the starting 15.

I'm not sure about that.
    He has a problem at midfield with having to pick two from four, two O Shea's, Gibbons and Barry Moran.
    Moran is on club duty and SOS has more than proven his qualities so maybe he is just playing Gibbons regularly to give him the match time.

What will be really interesting is what will happen when Moran comes back

Henelly is still the best option I feel.

Higgins nonsense needs to be brought to an abrupt halt, he is needed in defence.

No hes not he walked away from the panel last yr when he didn't get his place,saying it was due to work commitments how come that's not getting in the way now that he's on the team?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

What's the story with David Clarke?I heard the other day that his hamstring injury is very serious.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,104 ✭✭✭Oldtree

love to see Donal Vaughan playing, good and solid.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭SeanJ09

That full- forward line of COC, Freeman and Sweeney looks promising, could do damage. Been really impressed with Freeman this year. He has continued on his fine form from last year and is likely to improve. I think Cork will be looking at our full back line however as a weak link. Any sign of Chris Barrett returning, is he back in the panel yet? I didn't see the Westmeath match, how was Robbie Hennellys performance?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Padkir

SeanJ09 wrote: »
    That full- forward line of COC, Freeman and Sweeney looks promising, could do damage. Been really impressed with Freeman this year. He has continued on his fine form from last year and is likely to improve. I think Cork will be looking at our full back line however as a weak link. Any sign of Chris Barrett returning, is he back in the panel yet? I didn't see the Westmeath match, how was Robbie Hennellys performance?

His distribution was fantastic; really nervy every time a high ball goes in though... I just don't trust him to deal with them!

Is the mayo game 2morrow being shown on tg4 or is it defered?
    Would be handy to watch after the game with a few tasty pints

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭SeanJ09

Padkir wrote: »
    His distribution was fantastic; really nervy every time a high ball goes in though... I just don't trust him to deal with them!

And D. Clarke is injured? When he was No.1 for Mayo, he was the best keeper in Ireland bar Cluxton.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭davegrohl48

SeanJ09 wrote: »
    Freeman was under supplied last year. I cant remember Dillon picking him out much and Freeman has a big area of target where he can win ball in front of goal. He is mobile n has great hands. When he wins it always uses his head to get a yard of space
    Big player for us we need to use him

No hes not he walked away from the panel last yr when he didn't get his place,saying it was due to work commitments how come that's not getting in the way now that he's on the team?
    Pretty poor form to question an amateur sportsman's personal circumstances from behind a keyboard don't you think??

Having said that, I can empathise with Hennelly's decision to step back from the panel.
    He was putting in exactly the same commitment as Clarke but had little or no chance of dislodging him due the nature of the position (And Clarke's good form).

We should be glad to have him, if reports of Clarke's hamstring injury are true.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Is the mayo game 2morrow being shown on tg4 or is it defered?
    Would be handy to watch after the game with a few tasty pints

Naughto it's Derry v Dublin @ 2,deferred coverage of Clare v Waterford in the hurling.:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,026 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

seligehgit wrote: »
    Naughto it's Derry v Dublin @ 2,deferred coverage of Clare v Waterford in the hurling.:(

Well at least tomorrow someone might decide to put a camera or two at it.
    Unlike last week when there were not
    even highlights

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement