Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mayo GAA Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

Vincents look dangerous when they're going for goal..

Castlebar need to give Moran some high balls in and let him win them as he has the beating of his man.

Hopefully castlebar can do it

• Registered Users Posts: 48,141 ✭✭✭✭km79

Cbar look the more balanced team BUT look like conceding a goal on every Vincent's Attack. Think Cbar will need at least one goal to win it. Barry Moran will surely set up at least one......... On another note I'm watching it in an east Galway pub.
    First match the patrons were shouting against Portumna......now against Cbar !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭davegrohl48

Surprised Tom Cunniffe is marking Mossy Quinn. Would have thought he's the most suited defender to take on Connollys strength. Mossy Quinn has never been at Connollys level from play. Connolly is a player you have to do your utmost to stop early in the game. 'Confidence player' tag was invented for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭Shelflife

km79 wrote: »
    ...... On another note I'm watching it in an east Galway pub

How sad is that :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭Shelflife

Ok im confused, cbar player sprinting towards goal gets dragged down and theres no black card ???

• Advertisement

Holmes needs to act immediately and get Cunniffe on Connolly. It's the clear problem.

Castlebar backs been given a lesson....look stuck to the ground so so slow.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

km79 wrote: »
    Cbar look the more balanced team BUT look like conceding a goal on every Vincent's Attack. Think Cbar will need at least one goal to win it. Barry Moran will surely set up at least one......... On another note I'm watching it in an east Galway pub.

Doesn't surprise me, love sheep hate Mayo down there ;)

There's another one, terrible defending.....going to cost Castlebar the game.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

There's another one, terrible defending.....going to cost Castlebar the game.

Awful stuff at the back. Going to certainly cost them the game.

• Advertisement

Kicking it away. Should be level now.

Connolly running the show, with scores and 1-2's. Repeating myself but it's that simple mismatch which has lost this game.

Connolly running the show, with scores and 1-2's. Repeating myself but it's that simple mismatch which has lost this game.

Absolutely, considering whats going on with him, he doesn't deserve to be on a pitch.

Didn't hear of any big incident with Connolly. Top class players need to be marked by top level backs. So naively simple and yet Holmes has missed it.

Don't deserve it, the forwards could only cover for the backs for so long.

Didn't hear of any big incident with Connolly. Top class players need to be marked by top level backs. So naively simple and yet Holmes has missed it.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-football/dublin-star-diarmuid-connolly-ordered-to-undergo-anger-management-29962027.html

Don't deserve it, the forwards could only cover for the backs for so long.

Much too lose, look out on their feet.

I was referring to any big incident in the game, thought you meant ref should have pulled him for something.

It was a joke how much space connolly got. Turbo should have been marking him or even drop another player in to watch him.

It didn't exactly help matters losing arguably your best player after four minutes either.

ColeTrain wrote: »
    It was a joke how much space connolly got. Turbo should have been marking him or even drop another player in to watch him.

It didn't exactly help matters losing arguably your best player after four minutes either.

True but Richie should know so much better. Better team Vincents.

11 points to 3 for the last 18 minutes. Who was watching, i mean who was marking Connolly ? Connolly scored 2-5.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭STB

yop wrote: »

Without a doubt. Goals Goals Goals, they know no other way. Good game....

vins_bg.jpg

STB wrote: »
    Without a doubt. Goals Goals Goals, they know no other way. Good game....

vins_bg.jpg

No need to gloat now

I still think it's a harsh black to give after a couple of minutes into a club final. Common sense would have been to give a yellow and tell him it's his last chance. Hard not to feel sorry for feeney given what he did to get castlebar there and the saga that surrounded him last September.

I still think it's a harsh black to give after a couple of minutes into a club final. Common sense would have been to give a yellow and tell him it's his last chance. Hard not to feel sorry for feeney given what he did to get castlebar there and the saga that surrounded him last September.

I know BUT by the letter of the law its a black, its not that he even stood his ground, he went in to take him out.
    Crazy thing to do, could wreck his season now, hope it doesn't but its been a bad 6 months for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Not a hope, it was an absolutely stone wall black card completely brought on himself. It would have been a shocking decision not to give him the line.

I know BUT by the letter of the law its a black, its not that he even stood his ground, he went in to take him out.
    Crazy thing to do, could wreck his season now, hope it doesn't but its been a bad 6 months for him.

It's not a great law if this is what it brings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭STB

No need to gloat now

Not at all, like I said its was a good game.

Any team that beats Crokes are a good team. Just up against a goal machine. Quite a few of the Vinnies lads with multiple medals this year at provincial, county, league and AI levels.

keane2097 wrote: »
    Not a hope, it was an absolutely stone wall black card completely brought on himself. It would have been a shocking decision not to give him the line.

Some common sense would have seen him issued with a yellow. Referees often give players a lesser punishment early on in games.

STB wrote: »
    Not at all, like I said its was a good game.

Any team that beats Crokes are a good team. Just up against a goal machine. Quite a few of the Vinnies lads with multiple medals this year at provincial, county, league and AI levels.

Ah ya, I forgot the ;) .

Who is that, Brennan, Connolly, Fennel?

• Advertisement

It is a great law if the standard of the match overall is what it brings. The pace of counter attacking, number of goals etc. would be difficult under the old rules. Refs will get Black card decisions right/wrong etc. Big name players will be lost in their first ever All Ireland appearances, in my view it is worth it for the overall improvement in the game.
    Managers need to get a new philosophy on defence. Defenders need to be pacey and not have a tendency to foul.
    The bodychecking alone that has been removed from the game, that has taken a huge obstacle out of the path of attacking football.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement