Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSVita megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

is there 4 player coop via wifi on God Eater

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Awesome, I'll pick that up this week. Cheers, Caspa.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭Vudgie

Does anyone have any information on upcoming games this year or is there a particular website I should follow. My biggest fear for this console is the ports, and an over reliance on them as was the case for the PSP. This console could be great with just a few killer exclusive games.

The price point of the games is all wrong but that is Sony's lookout, if they could have produced really quality games for approx €20 it would have been really positive.

I have played Unchartered (pretty boring so far) and Unit 13 (rehash of so many other games but kind of fun) but I am hoping for something great which will make a success of this great piece of hardware.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 D_Man_22

How much do they cost??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Vudgie wrote: »
    Does anyone have any information on upcoming games this year or is there a particular website I should follow. My biggest fear for this console is the ports, and an over reliance on them as was the case for the PSP. This console could be great with just a few killer exclusive games.

The price point of the games is all wrong but that is Sony's lookout, if they could have produced really quality games for approx €20 it would have been really positive.

I have played Unchartered (pretty boring so far) and Unit 13 (rehash of so many other games but kind of fun) but I am hoping for something great which will make a success of this great piece of hardware.

Don't have the time to go into the entire list of upcoming and rumoured games right now but Gravity Rush will be an exclusive and looks like it's going to be fantastic!!

This console has the potential to be amazing and I think the launch titles prove that. They have all been solid games for the most part and as long as devs continue to support and keep interest in the console the line up should only get better and better.

Finally I am more than happy to pay €40 for new titles if they warrant the price and we've already seen alot of new even AAA style titles starting at €35 and lesser indie titles like Mutant Blob Attack and Escape plan for around the €12 mark. Then you also have Motorstorm RC and Superstardust Delta for €6 - €7 and you have quite a wide range of pricing for titles already at launch.

All good signs imho, I think the console will do very well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

D_Man_22 wrote: »
    How much do they cost??

250 for the basic model(its 255 in gamestop, idiots) 20 for the smallest memory card, 40 for a game, but you should be able to get a bundle, cost you less than 300 in total.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭Liamario

NEAR has finally started working for me.
    I originally registered the wrong mac address with skyhook. So I did it again less than a week ago and now near is working.

So, make sure your area is covered by skyhook first of all. Secondly, make sure you send them the right mac address.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Munster D 187

Just a quick question, I recently downloaded a copy of FIFA from the US store and I played a few games online but it's very laggy! I am on nat type 1. Has anyone else experienced much lag on their games?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,003 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

Has anyone tried Table Football with the AR cards? Any good?

Or any games that require AR cards, actually

• Registered Users Posts: 12,484 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Daemos wrote: »
    Has anyone tried Table Football with the AR cards? Any good?

Or any games that require AR cards, actually

Started it but could not pass, ever time i tried to do it in the tutorial it said wrong do it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Just a quick question, I recently downloaded a copy of FIFA from the US store and I played a few games online but it's very laggy! I am on nat type 1. Has anyone else experienced much lag on their games?

It being bought on American store could mean you connect to American servers?.. Not sure on this though but it may be the cause...

Can not wait for Resistance and some FPS games...

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Munster D 187

Cheers for that reply, I hope you're wrong though.

I haven't even taken the AR cards out of the pack :o the ones with the 3DS are pretty crap, so I couldn't be bothered.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

The AR's a bit of craic. Better demos than the 3DS anyway. The cliff-jumping game's not the worst.

The football one's messy, but I beat England 3-2 with Ireland, with a screamer, which was fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭DazzlerIE

Any word on PS1 compatibility yet?

Apparently there's some sort of free puzzle game to download off the PSN.

cloud493 wrote: »
    Apparently there's some sort of free puzzle game to download off the PSN.

Having issues with getting my vita online so can't check..

I'm downloading it now :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭EJ22

Heard about this on the Heads up post on ps blog, gonna check it out later. Free games are better than no games!

Is it just me or is the store undergoing maintainence?

Is it just me or is the store undergoing maintainence?

Checked eu twitter and apparntly psn undergoing matinence until 22:00 that users can log in but may encounter problems

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Still no support for YouTube, Netflix, Psone games.... Sony? Wtf? Is Europe not part of the world?

Still no support for YouTube, Netflix, Psone games.... Sony? Wtf? Is Europe not part of the world?

Considering on the PSP Youtube & Netflix was never officially supported and also Flash came to the browser in Firmware 2.7 (which is approximately 6 months after the PAL release of PSP), I'd say we'll be waiting a while still, its early days yet for this content to be released.

While I'd also love to have native Psone compatability, It's not something I'm on the edge of my seat waiting for personally, I'd rather the focus go into quality games and getting the approval method of the PSV Dev kit so as we're not overbloated by rubbish games but are instead given quality indie titles and applications.

I agree I'd rather they focused on great games, but... where are they? Unit 13 is good, but not, y'know.. great. Uncharted is great though :3 Potentially at E3 we might get, another uncharted, god of war, little big planet release date, maybe a ratchet and clank or jak and daxter.

The only problem I find is the friends organisation.. I find it rubbish takes ages to get into write a message, also is there no cross chat with the mic? Haven't seen anyone use it..

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,003 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I'm downloading it now :cool:

are you talking about tom blitz?

I agree I'd rather they focused on great games, but... where are they? Unit 13 is good, but not, y'know.. great. Uncharted is great though :3 Potentially at E3 we might get, another uncharted, god of war, little big planet release date, maybe a ratchet and clank or jak and daxter.

Tbh I think compared to other console releases, the PSV has had one of the strongest launches in recent memory. Some great "Premium" titles such as Uncharted, Wipeout etc, Along with a great selection of "Indie" type games such as Escape plan and Motorstorm RC, and an extensive back-catalogue of PSP games which have been optimized for greater graphics on the PSV. I do agree however that more information about launch dates would be nice, its most likely as you've said that they'll wait for one of the big expo's to release that information.
    The only problem I find is the friends organisation.. I find it rubbish takes ages to get into write a message, also is there no cross chat with the mic? Haven't seen anyone use it..

I agree that its crap how the current message system is, if they rolled it into the friends system in a way that you could select a friend, then do the message in the friend app as opposed to having to then open up the group message app. Also i've not even started a party on my Vita, never mind used the mic haha *Forever Alone*

• Advertisement

are you talking about tom blitz?

Yeah. No bliddy trophies :mad: and its essentially just bejewled.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement