Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSVita megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Murphy you didn't like uncharted on the vita but you loved Resistance my god you have no taste in games.

I played the Demo of Resistance and it has got to be one of the worst games that i have ever played in my life you never felt like you where shooting anything, takes like 50 bullits to kill anything FPS drops everywhere. Looks really bad with everything looks like it was a PSP game.

For me the best games i have played on the Vita are guacamole, oddworld stranger's wrath and PS all stars battle royal the 3 games cost me less then a copy of Resistance i can tell you that. Also will add in Killzone as i am a huge killzone fan and the vita game hands down is 10 times the game Resistance is as look at the Devs who made Resistance they also made that shocking Black Ops Vita game. They have now changed there names and are making iOS games as like after shocking bad games they had to do something to try and keep devs in there jobs

Tbh I think your being downright rude so have reported you. Not just based on this post but on the last few. There is a place for opinion but no need to get personal about it. My taste is my taste not yours. Thankyou.

R.F. wrote: »
    I havent played football manager for the past 2 years. But before that I was a huge fan.

Its coming out on Vita, will it be as good as the PC version does anyone know?

I tried it on iPad last year and that was shocking and unplayable.

A proper working version for the Vita is very appealing to me.

The last football manager game I enjoyed was the Championship Manager 00/01 game. That game was soooooooooo addictive. It actually was the reason given on a load of divorce papers in the UK. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Tbh I think your being downright rude so have reported you. Not just based on this post but on the last few. There is a place for opinion but no need to get personal about it. My taste is my taste not yours. Thankyou.

Way have you been Creeping on my last few posts Murphy i just think you have a major problem with me ?

Also i did not say anything about you just that Resistance is one of the worst games ever on the Vita can a man not say this stuff on boards ?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Uncharted graphics could have been a lot better. The gameplay got very stagnant after a while. I mean its a decent effort, but you can see places they slipped up that Naughty Dog would have tidied up. Decent effort, but I'm hoping for better next time around.

Look at Killzone on the Vita, to see where the bar has been set for graphics. And shooting controls.

Also i did not say anything about you just

Just that he had no taste and hadn't a clue. That's all.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Way have you been Creeping on my last few posts Murphy i just think you have a major problem with me ?

Also i did not say anything about you just that Resistance is one of the worst games ever on the Vita can a man not say this stuff on boards ?

You told him he had no taste in games. I can't seem to understand what your problem with him is but tbf, you are coming across as a bit of an arsehole to him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

You told him he had no taste in games. I can't seem to understand what your problem with him is but tbf, you are coming across as a bit of an arsehole to him.

Isn't the point of online forums to basically say what we think about games in witch i did I think Uncharted is a good game while Resistance is just shocking

Why are you calling me a arsehole your coming of as you have a problem with me now ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,970 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

I thought the graphics in Uncharted looked amazing. This is a handheld system!!! Of course if you outed the game to a TV then it's not gonna look the Mae West compared to the latest PS3 games but I thought it looked fantastic on the Vita. Even better: I thought it was a great game. Thought it really held it's own with the other Uncharteds. No mean feat and impossible before something with the power of the Vita came out. (Somehow I couldn't imagine it on the 3DS)

I mean I don't think I'd pay 40 quid for the game but, then again, I don't think I'd pay 40 quid for ANY game on the Vita. I have me PS+ account and am happy to pull down the monthly games and I have Wipeout etc from the 10 game pack so I'm good. Really looking forward to connecting it to my PS4....

Isn't the point of online forums to basically say what we think about games in witch i did I think Uncharted is a good game while Resistance is just shocking

Why are you calling me a arsehole your coming of as you have a problem with me now ?

Everybody else on here has been able to give their opinions on games without having to try and belittle the person they're responding to so someone coming on telling a person they're clueless and have no taste in games ruins the mood of the thread.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,249 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Play nice everyone.

• Advertisement

I thought the graphics in Uncharted looked amazing. This is a handheld system!!! Of course if you outed the game to a TV then it's not gonna look the Mae West compared to the latest PS3 games but I thought it looked fantastic on the Vita. Even better: I thought it was a great game. Thought it really held it's own with the other Uncharteds. No mean feat and impossible before something with the power of the Vita came out. (Somehow I couldn't imagine it on the 3DS)

I mean I don't think I'd pay 40 quid for the game but, then again, I don't think I'd pay 40 quid for ANY game on the Vita. I have me PS+ account and am happy to pull down the monthly games and I have Wipeout etc from the 10 game pack so I'm good. Really looking forward to connecting it to my PS4....

You're right the Vita is indeed a handheld system but it is an incredibly powerful handheld system. Comparisons to the PS3 are absolutely understandable due to the specs.
    Look up youtube theres plenty of comparison videos on there. One that springs to mind where the graphics are very similar is need for speed most wanted. Looks great.

Like any console the graphics will improve as the developers harness the power of the system so games like uncharted which was an early release will be improved upon and thats really what my point was a few posts back. The graphics are good but could have been better and will get better in time.

If you want to look at a good comparison on early console releases from a graphics standpoint look at the playstation 1. Tekken 1 vs Tekken 3 on the same console were worlds apart graphically as the developers were getting every last drop out of the hardware by the end of the consoles run.

As for comparisons with the 3DS, come on now thats chalk and cheese stuff right there. Both fantastic consoles in their own right but worlds apart in power.

I have to say I absolutely agree with your last point though. I think the connectivity with the PS4 is going to be amazing. So many possibilities. Something I'll use a lot I reckon as I rarely get time in front of the telly these days. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,970 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Personally I can't see the Vita getting much better than uncharted graphics-wise. I think they hit the ground running there. Gotta remember the screen rez that it's playing with. And, hey, that suits me. As I said, thought it looked great.

Thankfully there seems to be a bit of a buzz surrounding the Vita these days what with it's strong connection with the PS4. There's growing momentum for a PS4/Vita package. (And I'm sure eventually some shops will provide their own unofficial bundles if Sony don't come out with one. Selling more units can only be of benefit to the Vita. If it starts selling in massive numbers then, if not game prices themselves, then hopefully accessories like the Vita's overpriced memory will start coming down.

The remote play functionality could be a HUGE factor. Initially I thought it was only local to your own home LAN but it seems that it will be capable of truly remote play.(One minute into this clip). (Obviously depending on PS4 Server/Vita Client bandwidths of course). These days we're not doing too bad bandwidth-wise so it would be cool to give this an actual go. Probably not gonna be fantastic but interesting and the local remote play could be a game-changer (no pun intended) especially for families (Freeing up the TV ala the Wii-U killer selling point)

Interesting times for the Vita

• Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

I Loved Unchartered and Resistance on Vita, its actually why I bought a vita. I'm a bit disappointed it turned into an indie machine I'd much rather the AAA games. Luckily ps4 and remote play will save the console for me

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Has anyone came across any good deals for the Vita, do not mind if it does not come with any games, want to get one before they introduce the new model and Wi-Fi if possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Xenji wrote: »
    Has anyone came across any good deals for the Vita, do not mind if it does not come with any games, want to get one before they introduce the new model and Wi-Fi if possible.

€199 in smyths which includes 8gb card and 10 games

http://www.toys.ie/PlayStation-Vita-!132249-prd.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

Argos are giving a free copy of Killzone Mercenary with a PSV for €222.99

Smyths were also doing offers recently, check back a page or so.

I Loved Unchartered and Resistance on Vita, its actually why I bought a vita. I'm a bit disappointed it turned into an indie machine I'd much rather the AAA games. Luckily ps4 and remote play will save the console for me

I'm getting Resistance soon (for free!) so looking forward to having a go at it now that I've read some positive reports. There's some big games coming soon like Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate and Injustice: Gods among us so at least there's a couple of games to look forward to and I'm just trying to get a bit of dosh together to pick up Killzone as well.

I am the same , i want to see how this remote play works . In terms of the console it has been a resounding failure so far. Clearly developers dont want to make for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

Argos are giving a free copy of Killzone Mercenary with a PSV for €222.99

Smyths were also doing offers recently, check back a page or so.

Got a vita the other day. Got this same offer in gamestop but for 200.

Anyone wanna recommend some games for me? Any type. I like the look of Persona 4 but I think its too expensive in the play store and its nowhere to be found in real life

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I'm getting Resistance soon (for free!) so looking forward to having a go at it now that I've read some positive reports. There's some big games coming soon like Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate and Injustice: Gods among us so at least there's a couple of games to look forward to and I'm just trying to get a bit of dosh together to pick up Killzone as well.

and Tearaway!

• Advertisement

jonny666 wrote: »

Anyone wanna recommend some games for me? Any type. I like the look of Persona 4 but I think its too expensive in the play store and its nowhere to be found in real life

Sign up for PS Plus for €15 for 3 months and get the instant game collection. There's 5 or 6 games free at the moment and iirc I think Gravity Rush is leaving the store in November so now would be the time to sign up if you haven't already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

http://www.toys.ie/PlayStation-Vita-!132249-prd.aspx

For anyone interested (great deal BTW), the games are:

LittleBigPlanet PS Vita
    WipeOut 2048
    MotorStorm RC
    Little Deviants
    Frobisher Says! (with Fun Pack DLC)
    Ecolibrium (with Bronze, Silver, Gold and Platinum game packs)
    Ratchet and Clank: Size Matters
    Lemmings
    Hungry Giraffe
    The HD Adventures of Rotating Octopus Character

http://www.toys.ie/PlayStation-Vita-!132249-prd.aspx[/QUOTE]

Thanks, kicking myself for not getting that same bundle on amazon.de when it was 159 euro.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I'm tempted to get dragons crown on Friday.

I'm tempted to get dragons crown on Friday.

Have it on the PS3, got it from Canada, it is a good game, but gets repetitive very quickly, got about three quarters of the way through it and have not brought myself to finish it after nearly two months.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Xenji wrote: »
    Have it on the PS3, got it from Canada, it is a good game, but gets repetitive very quickly, got about three quarters of the way through it and have not brought myself to finish it after nearly two months.

Well that's a pity,I was gonna get killzone but the campaign is only 5hrs long,9missons?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Well that's a pity,I was gonna get killzone but the campaign is only 5hrs long,9missons?

Multiplayer is endlessly good :)

At 35 quid, it's a good value game. The graphics are impressive, to say the least.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

animaX wrote: »
    Multiplayer is endlessly good :)

That's what I bought it for and not disappointed a bit. Multiplayer is very high quality and does not feel like cut down portable version.

If anyone is looking for a game to get for vita, then killzone is the game to go for. It's cheap too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

jonny666 wrote: »

Miami Hotline :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement