Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSVita megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Kingp35 wrote: »
    There's a huge difference in the colours. The LCD Vita looks washed out compared to the OLED screen. I can understand why Sony have changed but I would advise anyone to pick up an OLED Vita before they become obsolete.

I'm actually seriously considering buying a second one and just keeping it in its box just in case something happens to the other one. I just know how pissed off ill be every time I turn on a new crappy one and think of the original.:mad:

First world problems

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Xenji wrote: »
    Does the Vita have a equivalent to the R4/Edge cards on the 3DS or is it not possible on it?

Nope, and hopefully there never will be.

http://wololo.net/2013/09/14/yifan-lu-why-hacking-the-vita-is-hard/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,994 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

Street Fighter X Tekken is coming to PS+, here.

tumblr_m05woryvER1r5hsoxo1_400.gif

I was on the fence if I should get it, but now, here we go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Street Fighter X Tekken is coming to PS+, here.

I was on the fence if I should get it, but now, here we go.

Ah bollix, I just bought it a couple of days ago. Ah well…

It does put you off buying games a bit because the last couple of months there's been a few games I had already bought - Rayman Origins, Unit 13 and now this. If they do Assassin's Creed next month I'll be miffed…

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Got Unit 13 from the PS+. Havent looked at it yet, what is it?

• Advertisement

It's a third person shooter with a load of small missions. Handy for playing in small bursts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭McGrath5

I am on the fence with the Vita.

I saw this bundle on the German Amazon.

http://www.amazon.de/PlayStation-Vita-Wi-Fi-inkl-Mega/dp/B00D8WHSLQ/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1379418926&sr=1-1&keywords=vita

Console, 8GB memory card & Killzone Mercenary.

Don't know what to do :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

McGrath5 wrote: »

http://www.amazon.de/PlayStation-Vita-Wi-Fi-inkl-Mega/dp/B00D8WHSLQ/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1379418926&sr=1-1&keywords=vita

Very good deal and less than €5 P&P
    I just picked up a Wifi and 3G model for €169 in my local Xtravision

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Stop being a little b**** and buy it! :p Great price for a fantastic piece of hardware. Killzone merceneries are freaking great.
    I even traded in my Fire Emblem for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I really enjoyed it. Just a shame I could never find a co-op partner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

Ah bollix, I just bought it a couple of days ago. Ah well…

It does put you off buying games a bit because the last couple of months there's been a few games I had already bought - Rayman Origins, Unit 13 and now this. If they do Assassin's Creed next month I'll be miffed…

Just trade them in immediately?

phill106 wrote: »
    Just trade them in immediately?

I might do, Street Fighter was 70% off and I think I got Unit 13 half price so I suppose I'm really not that hard done by. Rayman Origins was a download and I think I only got that a month before it went on PS Plus so that was a bit of a pisser. Besides maybe Killzone, I think I'll lay off getting games for a while as I have a fair old stockpile to get through at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

My brother bought a vita so looking for a months ps plus if anyone has one spare.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

On the strength of this thread I went down to Xtra Vision today and bought a Vita. Currently sitting downstairs remote playing Crash Bandicoot.

Thank you Vita thread :D

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭hollywoodhoppy

It's out of stock, do you think it will be honored?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

My brother bought a vita so looking for a months ps plus if anyone has one spare.

I got a free one month trial from an official playstation facebook page only a few weeks ago. A good google search should find it

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

TGS: Monster Hunter: Frontier G Announced for Vita
    Vita fans finally have a Monster Hunter to look forward to in 2014 (in Japan, at least).

During the Tokyo Game Show today, Capcom announced that Monster Hunter: Frontier G will come to Vita in 2014.
    On the game’s official site, Capcom says that the Vita version of Frontier G "can use the same data" as the PlayStation 3 version and that it will feature online play and that players can "connect with WiFi and play easily on the go." Quests will be playable by up to four players at the same time.
    Capcom also confirmed that there will be an "exclusive world" in the PlayStation 3 version of Frontier G, with World A and B on PlayStation 3 and Vita, but World C available only to PS3 players. It will be possible for players to switch between worlds.
    Vita fans have been waiting for a Monster Hunter on Vita since the platform launched, with rumors about Vita installments swirling since 2012 and reports of Monster Hunter 4 heading to Sony's portable. Capcom previously said it had "no plans" to introduce the franchise to Vita, though it appears to have changed its mind since April.
    Monster Hunter: Frontier G was previously confirmed for PS3 and Wii U and has only been announced for release in Japan. You can find the first screenshots from the Vita version in our image gallery,
    http://ie.ign.com/images/games/monster-hunter-frontier-g-vita-20005804/523a7536f491aceeaa883656

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Monster Hunter: Frontier G

This is good news. While I am not a fan of the series myself, this should continue the Vita's strong sales in Japan - and as we all know, the more consoles sold, the more likely developers will start creating content for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

Fantastic news, was addicted to the original monster hunter on the ps2 and have been waiting for another monster hunter without stupid ad-hoc mode as its only online play

• Registered Users Posts: 18,093 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Anyone buy Atelier Meruru yet, it's up on the store for €39.99, seems to be a bonus version too until October 1st.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Anywhere in Dublin with 32gb memory cards in stock does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

New Gravity Rush title teased by Sony in latest trailer
    A new project relating to PS Vita title Gravity Rush is getting teased in a trailer from developer Team Gravity, a department within Sony's Japan Studio.

While little information about the game is available, the trailer offers a look at environment art as well as a glimpse of protagonist Kat. The teaser trailer ends with the words "Fall again" and "a new project by Team Gravity". It's unknown whether this refers to a sequel to the original game or DLC.

I really liked the first one despite the dodgy fighting mechanics. I really hope this is a sequel on Vita.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,499 ✭✭✭✭Varik

I've a Monster hunter game on the PSP and while I don't like them I know this is huge for the Vita in Japan.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭megaten

Otacon wrote: »

Delighted there making a sequel. I'm playing the first game at the moment and really enjoying it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Varik wrote: »
    I've a Monster hunter game on the PSP and while I don't like them I know this is huge for the Vita in Japan.

It isn't huge in the slightest bit, that is the one MH game that no one in Japan cares about.

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭padz

anyone have any idea where id get a vita grip in a brick and mortar store,

argos used to stock the batman type grip but unfort not anymore, checked my local gamestop they only had the rubber protective sleeves, i checked smiths online cant see anyfor sale on the site

ill prob have to order off amazon just wouldnt mind tryin the feel of the grip 1st

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭James74

Bought my first Vita today, charging as I type :)

So quick question (apologies if this has come up before but it's a long thread :o )

I have a metric ****ton of PS+ vita titles waiting for me, on the PS3 my son & daughter have PSN sub-accounts on my PSN master account. Will they be able to sign in on the Vita after I have registered it to my account and play using their own save games and trophies or is it one vita = one account?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,499 ✭✭✭✭Varik

James74 wrote: »
    Bought my first Vita today, charging as I type :)

So quick question (apologies if this has come up before but it's a long thread :o )

I have a metric ****ton of PS+ vita titles waiting for me, on the PS3 my son & daughter have PSN sub-accounts on my PSN master account. Will they be able to sign in on the Vita after I have registered it to my account and play using their own save games and trophies or is it one vita = one account?

Thanks.

One vita and one account at a time.

The simplest way other than backing up and restoring a lot is to have a memory card each, you sign into your account after and then use the card for that account.

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭James74

Thanks Varik, after a bit of googling I was afraid of that. I have two memory cards so that's a start. Would they be able to play games from my PS+ if I put them onto a seperate memory card for them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

James74 wrote: »
    Thanks Varik, after a bit of googling I was afraid of that. I have two memory cards so that's a start. Would they be able to play games from my PS+ if I put them onto a seperate memory card for them?

Has to be the main PS+ account I'm afraid. I'd this issue myself as I've to buy stuff off a UK account as my main one won't register my debit card. So my UK account has PS+ which means whatever + games I want to play on my Vita have to be played on my UK account.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement