Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSVita megathread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Why are you so tetchy about his review of Uncharted?

As the guy clearly has no idea what he is going on about :rolleyes: as lately here vita owners are not even happy with free games on PSN+ notting can make them happy here on boards LoL.

Like Jak 3 was a bad port to the vita but i played my 12 hours and loved every bit of it and made me say what dont they make more games like this for the vita as the vita is perfect for games like this as you can just pick up play and put down.

FF10 will be epic on the vita as i have been wonting to play the game again for a while and on a vita where i can play a RPG any time i wont as long as the vita is charged.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

It's just an opinion like yours is. If he doesn't like it, a guy giving out to him about not having a clue isn't going to help him like it any more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

As the guy clearly has no idea what he is going on about :rolleyes: as lately here vita owners are not even happy with free games on PSN+ notting can make them happy here on boards LoL.

Like Jak 3 was a bad port to the vita but i played my 12 hours and loved every bit of it and made me say what dont they make more games like this for the vita as the vita is perfect for games like this as you can just pick up play and put down.

FF10 will be epic on the vita as i have been wonting to play the game again for a while and on a vita where i can play a RPG any time i wont as long as the vita is charged.

I thought Uncharted was pretty average too. It looked lovely but the first run through only took me the weekend and I'd no desire to back through it again. He's talking about his experience of the game and things that he doesn't like about it. He clearly knows what he likes or doesn't like. Nothing wrong with having an opinion on a game. I've just bought Assassin's Creed a little while ago and while it's an enjoyable game the cut scenes look woeful on it. My opinion of that on an Irish forum isn't going to make developers throw their hands up in despair and decide to never make another game for the Vita.

I've some of the bigger games for the console but tbh I've probably enjoyed a lot of the indie titles like Stealth, Guacamelee and Hotline Miami more. As long as they keep making high quality indie games I'll still be happy with my Vita and the library of games I've built up for it already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

I thought Uncharted was pretty average too. It looked lovely but the first run through only took me the weekend and I'd no desire to back through it again.

I was the same its 7/10, maybe an 8 if they didn`t insist on over gimmicking it with the touchscreen stuff; I paid for a boxed copy of it aswell but don`t consider my opinion weighing more by doing so. Anyone know when Football Manager is due out for the Vita, want a game i`ll play regularly but do not want to get FIFA.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Really? I loved uncharted - it is what it is - a hand held version of a great PS3 game. In terms of what the vita delivered I was pretty happy. Could it have been better - am sure it could have - but whether free or not it is one of my favs.
    Am having a difficult time play Jak at the moment - would love the blame the port - and who knows but either way just going to enjoy it and if it is a little more challenging well at least I won't finish it in an afternoon like Katamari.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Like i said its a handheld console day 1 game. Losing the game marks over how the eyes look is just shocking and comes to show how you have no clue about game design as i am able to make basic games and you will more then likely be giving out about the basic design or my websites as you dont like the design of them.

What hype did it have on the vita ? as far as i can tell there was no hype for it ?

But isn't all 3rd person shooters basically the same in your words .....

I think any fighting game is just shocking after MK on the vita being so boring and such a slow fighter i will not give a fighter another go on the vita as the controls are not made for it. The only fighting games i like are the WWE games as there so much fun to play

Ok first off chill.

Second off its just my opinion. We all have one. Last time I checked this was a forum of peoples thinking/opinions etc..

As for game design, I never once said I had an idea about this.
    I'm a casual "gamer" I suppose is the best term for me. However I've been playing games since the Amstrad 6128 so I feel I have some idea of what constitutes as being good or bad.

When I mentioned hype I was referring to the review this game got and peoples opinions that are on most forums/discussion boards heavily praising this game.

Yes its wonderful what the Vita can do and I know this was a day 1 release for Uncharted but I'm not shocked by the vitas power. Thats its main selling point. Its a very powerful handheld console and should be reviewed on this basis. These graphics are what should be the norm for this console.

Personally I though the game overall was generic enough, decent nothing out of the ordinary adventure game. Now dont get me wrong I know thats what you sign up for but I'm just rating it based on what I felt after a full play through.

Also I did not say all 3rd person shooters were the same. Youre making that up. Check my op. I'm a big fan of the Gears of War franchise on 360 for example which is kind of like this in a different setting.

Then you go on to say because you didnt like MK that you wont give any other fighter a chance. A little short sighted on your part imo but thats up to you.

Personally I loved the N64 WWF games in my day. Not so much now if I'm honest but again its up to you. Thats the joy of games. Lots of different ones to suit different people.

Now there is just that slight chance that your trolling based on your strange response and abrupt manner. :eek:.. If thats the case ok hope you enjoyed it. If not I've answered your questions so lets leave it there. :)

Taltos wrote: »
    Really? I loved uncharted - it is what it is - a hand held version of a great PS3 game. In terms of what the vita delivered I was pretty happy. Could it have been better - am sure it could have - but whether free or not it is one of my favs.
    Am having a difficult time play Jak at the moment - would love the blame the port - and who knows but either way just going to enjoy it and if it is a little more challenging well at least I won't finish it in an afternoon like Katamari.

Where the PS3 games the same deal as the vita one just on a bigger screen? Just wondering how they compare?

I downloaded Jak too but havent gotten to it yet. Finished the first one on the PS2 but started the other two and didnt really like them if I'm honest.
    Personally I think they should have kept to the formula of the first one instead of getting in to dogfights in the air etc..

Havent tried Katamari yet. How many hours roughly gameplay is in it?

cheers.

Where the PS3 games the same deal as the vita one just on a bigger screen? Just wondering how they compare?

Uncharted is alright. I prefer the Vita game over it.

Uncharted 2 is one of the finest games of this generation imo.

Uncharted 3 is fun too but has a few issues where the combat is just frustrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

I downloaded Jak too but havent gotten to it yet. Finished the first one on the PS2 but started the other two and didnt really like them if I'm honest.
    Personally I think they should have kept to the formula of the first one instead of getting in to dogfights in the air etc..

Havent tried Katamari yet. How many hours roughly gameplay is in it?

cheers.

Katamari - oh I don't know 2 to 4 I guess. Was quite disappointed but going back now to get as many of the extras as I can. Preferred the last one.

In terms of Jak - looking forwards to finishing the first to get on with the other two. I loved how the story progressed originally so very happy to have them on the handheld.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭Rod Serling

Thinking of picking up a Vita and Smyths seems to be the best place what with the 10 game pack for the same price as the console alone in Gamestop.

Just wondering if anyone knows if Smyths take games as trades/for cash? Have a couple of PS3 games and it wouldn't hurt to get a bit off the €200 tag

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭WeHaveToGoBack

GTR63 wrote: »
    I was the same its 7/10, maybe an 8 if they didn`t insist on over gimmicking it with the touchscreen stuff; I paid for a boxed copy of it aswell but don`t consider my opinion weighing more by doing so. Anyone know when Football Manager is due out for the Vita, want a game i`ll play regularly but do not want to get FIFA.

Looking forward to it too, its out on October 31st on PC, Mac, etc. so I assume the Vita release will be the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

im trying to delete some games to make space and keep getting an error message C-2820-2

anyone else get this and any fixes

thanks

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I Started Ragnarok Odyssey,good fun soooo far :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

weiland79 wrote: »
    im trying to delete some games to make space and keep getting an error message C-2820-2

anyone else get this and any fixes

thanks

Not sure, found this site thogh
    http://www.vitadevwiki.com/index.php?title=Error_Codes

I got it working I was able to delete using the content manager but disaster has struck, I flew to France last night and on my way here the screen broke somehow😢.
    Anywhere that fixes or just better off getting a new one?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

weiland79 wrote: »
    I got it working I was able to delete using the content manager but disaster has struck, I flew to France last night and on my way here the screen broke somehow😢.
    Anywhere that fixes or just better off getting a new one?

Aw bummer. Out of warranty I presume?

If you are getting a new one, get one quick before the new (non-OLED) model comes out

• Registered Users Posts: 3,993 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

Need for Speed Most Wanted is available for €19.99 down at GameStop. Should I take the plunge?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭DjFlin

For anyone who hasnt checked it out yet, Frobisher Says! is one of the most enjoyable games to play on the Vita. Especially with friends. Plus its free.

Need for Speed Most Wanted is available for €19.99 down at GameStop. Should I take the plunge?

As far as Need For Speed games go, its the best one since the original Most Wanted. I've sank hours into the PS3 version since it came to PS+. I havent had a shot at the Vita version.

This might interest anyone who doesnt need too much storage.
    Personally, I delete most games once I finish them, so 8GB suits me fine, plus the 10 games on there seem pretty good.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭WeHaveToGoBack

Yeah, its great.

animaX wrote: »
    Aw bummer. Out of warranty I presume?

If you are getting a new one, get one quick before the new (non-OLED) model comes out

Yeah gonna throw a deposit down on one on Tuesday and the wife will get it for me for Xmas

• Advertisement

Just finished resistance burning skies. Decent game some tough parts particularly annoying final boss but all in all a decent fps. The touch pad stuff works too which surprised me like running tapping the back pad twice or touch the screen to throw a grenade. All in all I enjoyed it. Gonna trade it in now. Tried the multiplayer and didn't really enjoy it tbh. Gonna stick to halo for my multiplayer fps action.

Now back to gravity rush. Need to give it a proper chance. Controls annoyed me a bit too much so i left it for resistance but I'll give it another chance as it definately had potential and a beautiful art style.

That game pack is 35euro in smyths for anyone who is buying it.
    DjFlin wrote: »
    For anyone who hasnt checked it out yet, Frobisher Says! is one of the most enjoyable games to play on the Vita. Especially with friends. Plus its free.

As far as Need For Speed games go, its the best one since the original Most Wanted. I've sank hours into the PS3 version since it came to PS+. I havent had a shot at the Vita version.

This might interest anyone who doesnt need too much storage.
    Personally, I delete most games once I finish them, so 8GB suits me fine, plus the 10 games on there seem pretty good.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I can't believe the vita is two years old in February :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Just finished resistance burning skies. Decent game some tough parts particularly annoying final boss but all in all a decent fps. The touch pad stuff works too which surprised me like running tapping the back pad twice or touch the screen to throw a grenade. All in all I enjoyed it. Gonna trade it in now. Tried the multiplayer and didn't really enjoy it tbh. Gonna stick to halo for my multiplayer fps action.

Now back to gravity rush. Need to give it a proper chance. Controls annoyed me a bit too much so i left it for resistance but I'll give it another chance as it definately had potential and a beautiful art style.

You should get killzone on vita then.

You should get killzone on vita then.

Think I'll give it a bit. I'm fps'd out for the moment.

Actually I wouldn't mind organizing a game of Killzone with whoever has it as I haven't really touched it since getting it due to GTA and TLoU.

Oh and Persona 4 which I've now sunk 70 hours into.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Murphy you didn't like uncharted on the vita but you loved Resistance my god you have no taste in games.

I played the Demo of Resistance and it has got to be one of the worst games that i have ever played in my life you never felt like you where shooting anything, takes like 50 bullits to kill anything FPS drops everywhere. Looks really bad with everything looks like it was a PSP game.

For me the best games i have played on the Vita are guacamole, oddworld stranger's wrath and PS all stars battle royal the 3 games cost me less then a copy of Resistance i can tell you that. Also will add in Killzone as i am a huge killzone fan and the vita game hands down is 10 times the game Resistance is as look at the Devs who made Resistance they also made that shocking Black Ops Vita game. They have now changed there names and are making iOS games as like after shocking bad games they had to do something to try and keep devs in there jobs

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

tok9 wrote: »
    Actually I wouldn't mind organizing a game of Killzone with whoever has it as I haven't really touched it since getting it due to GTA and TLoU.

Add me, AnimaxIRL. Though I live in the US so unless you're a bit of a night-owl you mightn't see me. Weekends though I'll be online earlier on in the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

tok9 wrote: »

Oh and Persona 4 which I've now sunk 70 hours into.

Add me m8. I am on now and then. PSN: Shdowhearth ( no "a"... dont ask... )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭R.F.

I havent played football manager for the past 2 years. But before that I was a huge fan.

Its coming out on Vita, will it be as good as the PC version does anyone know?

I tried it on iPad last year and that was shocking and unplayable.

A proper working version for the Vita is very appealing to me.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement