Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Race hate gang in Temple Bar orgy of violence [mod note #1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

Anyway this is getting a little complicated and I hate getting bogged down in these kind of threads.. Needless to say that anyone attacking an innocent on the street is a dirty scumbag bollox to me - regardless of race or nationality

I'm a 'pinko' but I'd completely agree with this. Even if they did suffer some abuse, I'd hardly imagine they were attacked in the manner they attacked others, and again *if* and I stress if, they were attacked by some racist in the past, it makes little sense to attack random people to gain some modicum of revenge. Pathetic really. It's sad to see that there's a strong culture of violence really starting to emerge in Dublin, sadder still that immigrants and their children are being dragged into it and helping to worsen the situation. These things, going on evidence from other major cities, rarely improve. (Though the pinko in me probably thinks a lot differently about how this could be achieved :pac:)

• Registered Users Posts: 34,069 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Morlar wrote: »
    From what I recall what the media left out of that story was that the black teen had been involved in an attack on the accused's brother which initiated the whole thing.

Btw non nationals are at least 33% of the prison population. If that trend continues it's entirely possible for an ethnic native born Irish person to be in the minority in prison over the next several years.

:eek:

Never knew was that high.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

From what I recall what the media left out of that story was that the black teen had been involved in an attack on the accused's brother which initiated the whole thing.

Btw non nationals are at least 33% of the prison population. If that trend continues it's entirely possible for an ethnic native born Irish person to be in the minority in prison over the next several years.

I'd love to see a source for that stat since there's also a thing bandied around that half of the people in prison are there for not paying fines which means there's only about 7 Irish people in prison for proper offences.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

:eek:

Never knew what that high.

In the Duchas centre its even higher!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭7sr2z3fely84g5

sollar wrote: »
    I think we need to be more careful who we let into this country. The interests of the citizens of this country should come before the interests on anyone wanting to come here. No matter what story they arrive with.

Agree but,it never went ahead because of this ffs!- http://www.rte.ie/news/2010/1201/fingerprinting.html

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

FTA69 wrote: »
    Working on the door of one bar here in Cork I refused a group of Somalians who live up where I'm from and are notorious scuts altogether, they'd already been barred from this particular pub for harassing women. As soon as I made it clear to the lads they wouldn't be coming in that night, or any other night for that matter, the whole "this is a disgrace, you are a racist pig" etc was dragged up. Even better was when one random woman (Irish) walking past decided to run over and also join in the accusation of racism and declare me of being an ignorant racist thug.
    Must be extremely frustrating all right.
    Degsy wrote: »
    No..they wouldnt report it...the same in England..Asian/Black on White crime goes unreported in the media
    :confused:
    This case has been reported. A case involving Asian lads attacking whites was reported in London. Ok, only two examples but my point is, there isn't a cover-up.
    Oh yeah, that case of the Polish fella here raping a woman and getting himself off in court - oh wait, I shouldn't have mentioned it. Nobody's supposed to know about that as it's covered up by the liberal media conspiracy... :eek:
    when Stephen Lawrence was murdered(most likely by blacks)
    Why most likely by blacks? There were witnesses, five white suspects and there was a lot of circumstantial evidence pointing to them. Plus a video of them going on about assaulting blacks. I really can't see what's "most likely by blacks" about that. Nice - resort to using a 19-year-old kid's murder to highlight a non point... You think the stuff about the suspects was really all lies to give a black person special treatment? And it was police mishandling which was a large part of the extensive media coverage too.
    No..people like some of the pinkos on HERE deem it justifiable on the basis that "sure they were victims of racism and are only getting thier own back".
    Like whom? Find one example - an actual example of the above now, not one you imagine by twisting what they're saying. These attacks are not justifiable - you'll be hard pressed to find anyone who disagrees.
    I'd say they get away with a lot more than our own home grown Irish scumbag, for starts there is a fear in people of being labelled a racist both in real life or if someone posts something negative here on boards.ie (as an example).
    But I really think the amount of people who'd call you a racist for complaining about violence/harassment that happens to be carried out by a black person is negligible.
    But God forbid someone see's this gang act like that and use derogatory race names to describe what they are.
    I think they deserve a torrent of derogatory terms, except I don't think their colour should be highlighted as the cause, because it's just unfair on decent black folk. Wouldn't you agree if you were to replace black with Irish?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

Wolfe Tone wrote: »
    How is it ironic? If they are foreign, and they did this, they should be chucked out of Ireland. Wanting criminals deported is not racist.
    So you think that should include RIRA members too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

It's sad to see that there's a strong culture of violence really starting to emerge in Dublin, sadder still that immigrants and their children are being dragged into it and helping to worsen the situation. These things, going on evidence from other major cities, rarely improve. (Though the pinko in me probably thinks a lot differently about how this could be achieved :pac:)

Are ya mad or what?... Dragged into what?.

A lot of these people come from already very violent backgrounds (like they wouldn't be here for our generous welfare now would they?).

I'm neither a pinko 'nor a hater, tbh I don't really give a toss about most people. But I won't hide from the truth either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

Because their parents may have been from an African country but they could have been born in Ireland and have been citizens since birth. Wouldn't that make them Irish, also?

And, why use the term African? Is that supposed to be the same as saying Black? Why aren't they identified by their country of origin if they aren't Irish? Why not say a group of Somali, Sudanese, Egyptian, etc. youth?
    No. I was born on the island, i ain't Irish. Same way some black people will see themselves as African.

Dudess wrote: »
    I think they deserve a torrent of derogatory terms, except I don't think their colour should be highlighted as the cause, because it's just unfair on decent black folk. Wouldn't you agree if you were to replace black with Irish?

I'll be honest with you Dudess, and maybe its because of the circles I move in but I've had way, way more bad experiences with foreign nationals here in Ireland than I've had positive.

And I say that reluctantly because I've some really good mates from all over the world, but on the whole my experiences have been negative.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Why most likely by blacks? There were witnesses, five white suspects and there was a lot of circumstantial evidence pointing to them.?

They were aquitted..
    Plus a video of them going on about assaulting blacks

And thats evidence that they murdered somebody is it?

They were aquitted becasue they didnt do it..even you seem to think they were guilty based on the media "outrage" over the whole case.

Are ya mad or what?... Dragged into what?.

A lot of these people come from already very violent backgrounds (like they wouldn't be here for our generous welfare now would they?).

I'm neither a pinko 'nor a hater, tbh I don't really give a toss about most people. But I won't hide from the truth either.

Dragged into it by moving here. And being scumbags already. Or by moving here, to areas with social problems and watching their children become scumbags. Maybe I could have used a word other than 'dragged'

Ah forget it. Last time I agree with a non-pinko. :P

Dragged into it by moving here. And being scumbags already. Or by moving here, to areas with social problems and watching their children become scumbags. Maybe I could have used a word other than 'dragged'

Ah forget it. Last time I agree with a non-pinko. :P

Righty oh. I'd rather back out of this discussion.

I hate getting into them because they rarely end well and too many people end up falling out with each other.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

amacachi wrote: »
    I'd love to see a source for that stat since there's also a thing bandied around that half of the people in prison are there for not paying fines which means there's only about 7 Irish people in prison for proper offences.

This is going back a few years :

http://www.politics.ie/forum/justice/135097-irelands-prison-population-non-irish-nationals-analysis.html
    Irelands prison population and non-irish nationals an analysis

Irelands prison population and non-nationals an analysis

9,711 persons were sent to prison in 2007 compared to 9,700 in 2006.
    Of those committed 6,447 were Irish nationals or 66.4% of the total 9,711, which is a decrease of 352 on the
    corresponding 2006 figure of 6,799. Almost one third of persons committed in 2007 were non–Irish nationals.

Any chance of a break-down of whether those were immigration offences?

They were aquitted..
    Saw your edit there - yep, they were acquitted because it couldn't be proven, but the circumstantial evidence remained. And yep, "the truth" you mentioned before your edit - it appears you take back that "truth"... that Stephen Lawrence was in a gang and killed by a rival gang member. Based on... what?
    And thats evidence that they murdered somebody is it?
    Did I say it was? It was one piece of the circumstantial evidence, which, as I said, doesn't look like he was killed "most likely by blacks".

It seems like you have just randomly picked this case simply because you don't like the attention it got, despite the fact it was such a tragedy. There were complexities to it anyway, with the allegations being brought against the police, so it was unusual. Maybe the controversy was justified? Maybe it wasn't down to a terrible anti white conspiracy? Just because you feel it got too much coverage, doesn't mean the kid's death deserves trivialisation and dismissal and even lies. Pretty downright low tbh...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephen_Lawrence

And Wikipedia actually is reliable. Due to the fact that it used to be deemed so unreliable, it's heavily moderated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

Can't we deport them after serving their sentence?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

It looks like the latest figures show a significant change - it's down last year to 25% form the high of a couple years ago 33%.

http://www.irishprisons.ie/documents/AnnualReport2009PDF.pdf
    Of those committed 9,330 were Irish Nationals (75.6%) of the total (12,339)

However - this is a direct reflection of non payment custodial sentences.
    Committals for fines or debts
    the number of committals to prison as a consequence of the non-payment of a court ordered fine
    during 2009 increased by (2,286 committals) 90.7% on the 2008 figure, i.e., 2,520 in 2008 to 4,806
    in 2009, this follows on from an increase of 88.7% in 2008.

Anyone out there with a calculator want to come up with the figure which disregards Irish National's non payment custodial sentences ?

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭tiger55

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

In the Damilola Taylor case and in light of new evidence ,two of the white suspects stand to be brought back to trail other a new ruling which previously ment you could not be charged with the same offence twice .

I think in serious assault or crimes of murder were race comes into it , I'm sure the majority people, weather black or white, would want to see the guilty brought to justice regardless of their race .

• Advertisement

Anyone out there with a calculator want to come up with the figure which disregards Irish National's non payment custodial sentences ?
    Are foreigners incapable of ignoring fines now? :pac:

So the number going to prison for fines has gone up but the the total number has come down. Odd, doesn't seem to me that crime has gone down that much.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Chairman Meow

flahavaj wrote: »
    Stick them on the next boat outa here.

You cant do that, thats racist!

What if the next boat out is a luxury cruise liner?

This racism thing is so complex

It would be if it were for their colour, however everyone knows that's not what it would be for, so don't know whom you're referring to...

What are these people doing in Ireland anyway?

Are they from Ireland former colonies? (this is the excuse in UK, France etc) Did Ireland have the slave trade? (this is the excuse in the USA)

Why should the Irish who did NOT migrate suffer by a flood of immigrants into Ireland?

tiger55 wrote: »
    What are these people doing in Ireland anyway?

Are they from Ireland former colonies? (this is the excuse in UK, France etc) Did Ireland have the slave trade? (this is the excuse in the USA)

Why should the Irish who did NOT migrate suffer by a flood of immigrants into Ireland?

I agree. I'm totally convinced of your viewpoint now thanks to that video which had nothing to do with your post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

for the size of this country Ireland, it's staggering how much violence, Greed and murdering that goes on here. if something is not done soon to deal with the influx of bad seeds from europe and other countries Ireland will be in a very serious problem. fingerprint every foreigner that decides to pass-through or make Ireland their home. at least they will be easy to get to than the poxy system we have now.

imo a hundred thousand welcomes was a bad idea to advertise, look what we get.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

No..they wouldnt report it...the same in England..Asian/Black on White crime goes unreported in the media but when Stephen Lawrence was murdered(most likely by blacks) there was a national outcry against "racisim" that was in the media for months if not years.

No..people like some of the pinkos on HERE deem it justifiable on the basis that "sure they were victims of racism and are only getting thier own back".

It's a big thread man, I'll admit I didn't read every post. Any chance you could link to the ones of pinkos on here deeming it justifiable on the basis that "sure they were victims of racism and are only getting thier own back".?

Thanks.

(Doesn't pinko mean you are sympathetic to communism? As in 'pink = lighter shade of red'. Why do people keep using the word in this thread and similar ones? I realise politics can be a complex and subtle thing at times but where do the beliefs of Marx, Lenin, Trotsky et el come into play in this story? Cheers in advance if anyone can explain this one to me. It's had me bewildered for a little while now.)

I agree. I'm totally convinced of your viewpoint now thanks to that video which had nothing to do with your post.

People have been saying this since the 1960's...:eek:

• Advertisement

tiger55 wrote: »
    People have been saying this since the 1960's...:eek:

Well it better hurry up and happen then.

Advertisement