Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Race hate gang in Temple Bar orgy of violence [mod note #1]

Options
1121314151618»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

I'm not part of the semi-mythical PC brigade, and these guys should be lobbed out of the country if they are convicted (after they serve their sentences). What I object to is how some people are going hook, line and sinker for the race war angle based on a single quote from an 'anomymous source' in that epitome of high-class journalism, the Herald. They most likely invented this 'source' to make the story more sexy, to sell more papers.

The facts will come out in the trial. If I want to read about Twink's latest doings, I'll read the Herald.

I'd call it a lack of social skills.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭Craebear

Quick boys, grab your bedsheets and white hoods, time to lynch some of these australians. A-hyuck.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭EarlERizer

I'm not part of the semi-mythical PC brigade, and these guys should be lobbed out of the country if they are convicted (after they serve their sentences). What I object to is how some people are going hook, line and sinker for the race war angle based on a single quote from an 'anomymous source' in that epitome of high-class journalism, the Herald. They most likely invented this 'source' to make the story more sexy, to sell more papers.

The facts will come out in the trial. If I want to read about Twink's latest doings, I'll read the Herald.

Unfortunatley Monty,thats not always the case.Two sides will tell their stories omitting & including 'facts' to influence the jury and the outcome of the trial.

p.s You would think a 'star' like Twink would tweet her latest doings :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

EarlERizer wrote: »
    Unfortunatley Monty,thats not always the case.Two sides will tell their stories omitting & including 'facts' to influence the jury and the outcome of the trial.
    Yeah, but presumably the victims will be able to shed light on how they were picked out, and what was said to them, and witnesses will be able to tell the same. And presumably if the 'anonymous source' (who may even exist) has any evidence that there was a racial element in the attacks, we'll hear what that is too.
    EarlERizer wrote: »
    p.s You would think a 'star' like Twink would tweet her latest doings :rolleyes:
    Mental note: join Twitter... :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Google Gold

"I had assumed when I read the headline that it was a gang of white neo nazi type scumbags going around attacking black people... I was wrong.
    See how they tried to use the racist card as an excuse? Why did it take so long to arrest them?
    I hate racists, should be locked up for a long time, or if the people in this case aren't Irish they should be packed off back to whatever country they are from.
    I know there is a "black and tans" related joke in there, AH, please deliver."

There is a racist element in the African's. Damn that :eek:

Of course there is but they have no way of vetting for that at the gates of all the european countries.

So while these racist attacks continue and they will there really is no point in asking to send them back, But then again there's no need to spend a fortune on punishment although they have to be punished.:confused:

Why don't we just stop taking all of them into our own country Ireland?

• Advertisement

I hate racists
    Why don't we just stop taking all of them into our own country Ireland?
    :rolleyes:

By the way, thanks for clarifying which is 'our' country. I thought it might be Sweden.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Google Gold

:rolleyes:

By the way, thanks for clarifying which is 'our' country. I thought it might be Sweden.

If Africa was in the same position as the whole of Ireland is in :rolleyes: i.e mass-immigration & the African man objected to this would he be termed racist.More likely you'd call him a 100% sane African.

But likely you don't believe me if i saying i'm not racist. But you couldn't be more wrong with these baseless allegation's on and about my idea's. What are you worried about if Ireland chooses to pull out of the current status quo ?

Look it's like this i just thought it an idea to help my country survive as a place as safe as it can possibly be one step that's so easy toward's that iv'e mentioned

If Africa was in the same position as the whole of Ireland is in :rolleyes: i.e mass-immigration & the African man objected to this would he be termed racist.More likely you'd call him a 100% sane African.

But likely you don't believe me if i saying i'm not racist. But you couldn't be more wrong with these baseless allegation's on and about my idea's. What are you worried about if Ireland chooses to pull out of the current status quo ?

Look it's like this i just thought it an idea to help my country survive as a place as safe as it can possibly be one step that's so easy toward's that iv'e mentioned
    I don't actually feel threatened by the hard-working immigrants who have come to this country (to do the jobs that the Irish felt were beneath them) during the bubble. I welcomed them then, and I welcome them now. Ok, a few scumbags came here too, but I believe the proportion of scumbags was lower in the arriving group than in the pre-existing people*, so they've actually reduced the percentage of scumbags in our society and made the place safer.

How many hard-working immigrants does it take to keep each scanger in beer, fags, junk food and prison time, I wonder?

*evidence: who do you see leaving Ireland during the bust? The criminals and lifelong dolers, or those genuinely looking for work?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

We don't have "mass immigration" from Africa.

Nodin wrote: »
    We don't have "mass immigration" from Africa.
    Don't try to confuse him by introducing biased sources such as...the facts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,368 ✭✭✭Ray Palmer

I don't actually feel threatened by the hard-working immigrants who have come to this country (to do the jobs that the Irish felt were beneath them) during the bubble. I welcomed them then, and I welcome them now. Ok, a few scumbags came here too, but I believe the proportion of scumbags was lower in the arriving group than in the pre-existing people*, so they've actually reduced the percentage of scumbags in our society and made the place safer.

How many hard-working immigrants does it take to keep each scanger in beer, fags, junk food and prison time, I wonder?

*evidence: who do you see leaving Ireland during the bust? The criminals and lifelong dolers, or those genuinely looking for work?

Except the facts wouldn't back you on that. Murder and violence rates have gone up and the main victim increase is the immigrant population carried out by fellow immigrants.

This is not unusual to the people entering the country but the reality of mass immigration. Wait 10 years and there will be an increase in violence based on minority groupings. People go on about multiculturalism being great but it has never ever been shown to be a good thing in fact always a bad thing. Inter-culturalism is what should be attempted.
    You come from a country where certain rights are not entertained so what you are here now and behavior has to be adapted. Worked with lots of different nationalities and it is quite amazing some views that they will say in public. One person suggested I disown my brother because he was gay and pretty much said I should also beat him to an inch of his life too.

Ray Palmer wrote: »
    Except the facts wouldn't back you on that. Murder and violence rates have gone up and the main victim increase is the immigrant population carried out by fellow immigrants.
    Source for your facts please?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭reprazant

Can you back this up with actual facts and stats then please?

.........Worked with lots of different nationalities and it is quite amazing some views that they will say in public. One person suggested I disown my brother because he was gay and pretty much said I should also beat him to an inch of his life too.

True. There was no homophobia or mysogyny in this country until these immigrants arrived.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,368 ✭✭✭Ray Palmer

Source for your facts please?
    Because no matter what unless I prove it to you your opinion stands?

Educate yourself on the subject it is out there I couldn't be bothered getting a link for everybody who has an opinion based on nothing and then starts screaming for facts.

It has been shown in many nations and reported on our own current affairs.

Off the top of my head I know it was on Prime time and Capital D along with in the Irish Indo and Times.

If you prefer I'll stick "I reckon" at the end of things I said so you can bleet about how my opinion is somehow bigoted because I don't lie in wait with facts to explain details of research that anybody truly interested in the subject could find themselves.

Because no matter what unless I prove it to you your opinion stands?
    Uh...yes?

How about this - I'll tell you the earth is flat, and if you ask me for proof, I say "Because no matter what unless I prove it to you your opinion stands?". Does that strike you as a tenable position? :confused:
    Educate yourself on the subject it is out there I couldn't be bothered getting a link for everybody who has an opinion based on nothing and then starts screaming for facts.
    Lol - just lol.
    It has been shown in many nations and reported on our own current affairs.

Off the top of my head I know it was on Prime time and Capital D along with in the Irish Indo and Times.
    Easy to find links so I guess?
    If you prefer I'll stick "I reckon" at the end of things I said so you can bleet about how my opinion is somehow bigoted because I don't lie in wait with facts to explain details of research that anybody truly interested in the subject could find themselves.
    That would be great, thanks.

....why bother, if you can just produce the relevant facts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 526 ✭✭✭7Sins

mikedone wrote: »
    So at what point does someone become Irish, third, fourth, fifth generation? Please don't say when they begin to respect the laws of the land because that would disqualify a heck of a lot of "real" Irish.
    Again, I am not condoning their behavior which was as I said earlier despicable and I believe that they should face the full rigor of the law as should any other citizen who chooses to behave in this manner.

When they respect the law of the land begoorah :)

Ah no, we'll say 4th generation for arguments sake, once they're good and thoroughly mixed in with a heaped spoonful of Irish stuff :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

Another Assault in TB :(
    Gardaí at Pearse Street in Dublin are seeking witnesses to a serious assault at Temple Lane South, Temple Bar, Dublin at about 12.45am yesterday.

A man (26) was taken to St James's Hospital before being transferred to Beaumount Hospital where he remains in a critical condition.

Two men in their 20s were later arrested and are being detained at Pearse Street Garda station.

Gardaí are asking anyone who was in the Temple Lane South area of Temple Bar between midnight and 1am on Sunday morning or anyone with any information about the incident to contact them at Pearse Street on 01-6669000, the Garda confidential line 1800 666 111 or any Garda station

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2011/0815/breaking2.html

DominoDub wrote: »

Well, if it was a couple of white guys attacking a foreign or non-white guy, that's a slam-dunk for a racist hate attack (according to some posters here). All we need it the colours of the guys, all the other facts are totally irrelevant...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

The victim was a Doctor ,,the Herald.ie will have more later !

HeraldNewsdesk Evening Herald
    Dublin doctor critically injured in Temple Bar street assault. Full details in today's #Herald
    1 hour ago

http://www.herald.ie/breaking-news/national-news/two-held-after-man-critically-hurt-2848169.html

• Registered Users Posts: 6,091 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

I just heard on the RTE one o'clock news that the two men arrested are French Canadian tourists.

I just heard on the RTE one o'clock news that the two men arrested are French Canadian tourists.

That seals it: another race-hate attack (unless the guy attacked was also French Canadian).

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Opelfruit

That seals it: another race-hate attack (unless the guy attacked was also French Canadian).
    Victim is from France.

Opelfruit wrote: »
    Victim is from France.
    There you have it: racist gang of French Canadians attack pure-blood French on the streets of Temple Bar.

Why is the media downplaying the racist nature of this attack? If it was French Canadians attacking a black guy, it would be all over the news!!

/sarcasm

Advertisement