Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Race hate gang in Temple Bar orgy of violence [mod note #1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,351 ✭✭✭Orando Broom

If Paddy from Roscommon was living legally in the States and one night he got drunk and brutally attacked someone, would you disagree with him getting deported back to his country of origin?
    I wouldn't.
    And I wouldn't expect the American government to have to pay for his rehabilitation, maybe charge him in the States, put him on a plane and let him do his sentence in Castlrea.
    Unfortuately that's not the way things work though.
    And that gang of 'Africans' who done this should be ashamed and have really let down the majority of hard-working honest African immigrants.

The thing is when it does happen the Ministers for Justice and Foreign Affairs are inundated with letters from relatives asking for Paddy from Roscommon to be transferred to a prison at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭average hero

Firstly can I just say that racism is racism, no matter what. A black attack on a white person is just as bad as a white attack on a black person. Anybody who says otherwise is wrong.

Secondly, identifying someone as black, or African, is not racism. It is fact. It is like identifying someone as ginger, white, tall or short. Either they are or they aren't. It is not the belief that 'whites' are better than 'blacks' nor is it discrimination based on race.

If they are convicted, they should be punished to the full extent of the law, as I would hope any Irish person would be. They should also be deported should they not be Irish citizens.

Really, race doesn't come into this at all. The only thing I will say about it is that they have come to this country, and are now breaking it's laws in quite a horrific manner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

And what nation should we deport 'non-nationals' to?.

I know that would get quoted

It's the term used.
    The gardaí use it:
    All non-nationals who are not citizens of a member State of the European Union, the European Economic Area or Switzerland, must register with An Garda Síochána
    http://www.garda.ie/controller.aspx?page=31

The government uses it, so does the media then the public picks up on it

But lots seem to have an issue with non-national

Maybe the garda press office will take a complaint

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Could you imagine if a gang of Irish lads carried out a similar wave of violence in Lagos. I'd say the families wouldn't even have bodies to bury, after Nigerian justice was finished with them.
    What's your point though? Isn't it a good thing the Irish police force doesn't have the power to carry out such violence on anyone (not just foreigners)?
    Degsy wrote: »
    everything else is in some way justifiable.
    :confused:
    Do you honestly think if a foreign person kicked someone to death or raped someone, the media would deem it some way justifiable...?
    No, you don't.
    I remember hearing about this story last year..everybody knew it was racist blacks but NOT one mention of thier colour in the media...pathetic.
    If there was such an agenda (which I doubt) yes it is pathetic, but how do you know the attack was racially-based? They're black and the victims are white? That doesn't automatically mean it was racially motivated. In the same way that an attack on a black person by a white person isn't necessarilly racist - might be just thuggery. Racist or not though, they're brutal bastards and deserve the full rigours of the law.
    mikemac wrote: »
    Maybe, there are a lot of assualts around that area. You can be minding your own business and get attacked by some randomer.

But it was the thugs themselves that brought race into it when questioned by the gardaí
    Sure, and perhaps they were just chancing their arm with that claim (although maybe they did get racist abuse - not that it justifies in the least what they did) but that still doesn't definitely mean the attack was racially motivated.
    I cant understand why people are getting up on there high horses everytime someone mentions deporting them
    Are they? People are only saying they shouldn't be deported if they're Irish citizens. Sometimes there can be imagined accusations of racism and imagined do-gooder-ism (or whatever fucking tripe phrase from that ever expanding family it is today) on these threads.
    of coarse they should be deported if there not Irish citizens it not racist I couldnt care if they were Polish, German, Nigerian, Brazillian whatever if they commit a crime over they should serve time in an Irish prison and then be deported or be deported to serve time in a prison in there own country.
    Agreed.
    No lets all be liberal yeh let these non citizens serve time here then be released still the violent criminals they were back into our society, Sure the poor chaps had it hard or dont like it in there home country cant send them back there the poor lads :rolleyes:.
    Could you point out examples of the above? It appears it's in your head.
    identifying someone as black, or African, is not racism.
    I don't believe anyone said it was... :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,230 ✭✭✭Goose81

The irony in their crime is that they will get the beating of a life in jail from fellow inmates purely because of the colour of their skin, justice at its best.
    Wherever they were born.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

It will be interesting to see what sentence is handed down to these people .Deportaion ( via parachute over their country of origin ) sounds a fair deal

• Registered Users Posts: 34,069 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

They should be brough to to Dublin Zoo and placed inside the Lions and Tigers cage and they can fight away there all they want.

And that goes for everybody who attacks an Innocent person

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

Australia, of course :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Dudess wrote: »
    but how do you know the attack was racially-based? They're black and the victims are white? That doesn't automatically mean it was racially motivated. In the same way that an attack on a black person by a white person isn't necessarilly racist - might be just thuggery. Racist or not though, they're brutal bastards and deserve the full rigours of the law.

Just based on my own experiences, I know the gang in question and their still around Templebar its racially motivated.

I get it all the time 'yo white boy' 'hey cracker' 'hey whitey, you a racist?' and other crap like that.

I know its just baiting and I ignore it, but often the time its happened that I've had to intervene when they harress a lady or some other innocent on the quay (usually its a few of 'em feeling up a girl) and the first thing fvcked into my face is 'you a racist', 'yo cracker is it cos I is black' with stupid smirks on their stupid faces.

If I was to advise anyone coming into contact with this behavior - shut your mouth or risk an accusation of racism.

Plus in relation to the assualts in the OP, there are plenty of blacks around Templebar NOT being attacked by these people - which again would suggest to me that the attacks are racially motivated.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Keith186

New Angry Blacks game was released on iPhone and Android today!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,230 ✭✭✭Goose81

Just based on my own experiences, I know the gang in question and their still around Templebar its racially motivated.

I get it all the time 'yo white boy' 'hey cracker' 'hey whitey, you a racist?' and other crap like that.

I know its just baiting and I ignore it, but often the time its happened that I've had to intervene when they harress a lady or some other innocent on the quay (usually its a few of 'em feeling up a girl) and the first thing fvcked into my face is 'you a racist', 'yo cracker is it cos I is black' with stupid smirks on their stupid faces.

If I was to advise anyone coming into contact with this behavior - shut your mouth or risk an accusation of racism.

Plus in relation to the assualts in the OP, there are plenty of blacks around Templebar NOT being attacked by these people - which again would suggest to me that the attacks are racially motivated.

You would have thought by now they would have felt up the wrong guys girlfriend and had a mob after them, its odd that they are just let away with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

http://www.sealandgov.org/

Goose81 wrote: »
    You would have thought by now they would have felt up the wrong guys girlfriend and had a mob after them, its odd that they are just let away with it.
    it's because of the bleeding heart liberal conspiracy, derp... Nah, fear I'd imagine...

Goose81 wrote: »

Nah, its not like they're in a community.

Its hassling girls waiting for buses along the quays.

You should see the craic out of them, gangsta' clothes - pretend limping - and the attitude, fookers thinks they're in south central L.A.

Sometimes I think its bordering on funny, but then I think to myself - a few more years and we're pretty much fooked, too many liberal hearted pinko's looking out for them and afraid to call a spade a spade.

Pinkos don't like harassment and violence, Mak. I get that some people are afraid of being seen as racist, but the amount these thugs get away with seems to be pretty much the same as what white thugs get away with - and is complained about here often, no doubt by many of the same people claiming preferential treatment of blacks on this thread. It seems to me a lot of the apparent preferential treatment is all in the head.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

Nah, its not like they're in a community.

Its hassling girls waiting for buses along the quays.

You should see the craic out of them, gangsta' clothes - pretend limping - and the attitude, fookers thinks they're in south central L.A.

Sometimes I think its bordering on funny, but then I think to myself - a few more years and we're pretty much fooked, too many liberal hearted pinko's looking out for them and afraid to call a spade a spade.

sounds like the first of the irish crips.... if that happens there'le be bloods....

straight of stoney batter :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

too many liberal hearted pinko's looking out for them and afraid to call a spade a spade.

No pun intended...? :D

Working on the door of one bar here in Cork I refused a group of Somalians who live up where I'm from and are notorious scuts altogether, they'd already been barred from this particular pub for harassing women. As soon as I made it clear to the lads they wouldn't be coming in that night, or any other night for that matter, the whole "this is a disgrace, you are a racist pig" etc was dragged up. Even better was when one random woman (Irish) walking past decided to run over and also join in the accusation of racism and declare me of being an ignorant racist thug.

The joys of it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,863 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

beagle001 wrote: »
    Pc brigade need to be disbanded

Wow, the Daily Mail has actually convinced you that such an organistation actually exists. :D:D:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

:confused:
    Do you honestly think if a foreign person kicked someone to death or raped someone, the media would deem it some way justifiable...?

No..they wouldnt report it...the same in England..Asian/Black on White crime goes unreported in the media but when Stephen Lawrence was murdered(most likely by blacks) there was a national outcry against "racisim" that was in the media for months if not years.

No..people like some of the pinkos on HERE deem it justifiable on the basis that "sure they were victims of racism and are only getting thier own back".

Pinkos don't like harassment and violence, Mak. I get that some people are afraid of being seen as racist, but the amount these thugs get away with seems to be pretty much the same as what white thugs get away with - and is complained about here often, no doubt by many of the same people claiming preferential treatment of blacks on this thread. It seems to me a lot of the apparent preferential treatment is all in the head.

I'd say they get away with a lot more than our own home grown Irish scumbag, for starts there is a fear in people of being labelled a racist both in real life or if someone posts something negative here on boards.ie (as an example).

Last weekend on Ormond Quay I seen a fight, and a lad stabbed - it was ok for everyone to talk about the 'junkie bastards' on the boardwalk and laugh at them stabbing each other (btw, people actually laughed!).

But God forbid someone see's this gang act like that and use derogatory race names to describe what they are.

Anyway this is getting a little complicated and I hate getting bogged down in these kind of threads.. Needless to say that anyone attacking an innocent on the street is a dirty scumbag bollox to me - regardless of race or nationality.

I've often posted here and in the Dublin City Forum about violence on our street, its something I absolutely abhor and unfortunetely something I come into regular contact with.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

When opposites meet and square up to each other then screw the colour ,it should be an even playing field .The race card was used a lot in England for many years but now in many cases it's used and seen as smokescreen for criminals who are caught at illigal activity .

If a black mans breaks into your house and you catch him and feel like punching his fcuking lights out ,it wont be because he's black ,it's because he's a burglar who made the mistake of coming into your gaff in the first place :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭7sr2z3fely84g5

I mentioned this story yesterday in the pam iz thread and was asked what was it to do with her,as i said the refugee council goes very quiet on situations like this,but i agree i think we will eventually come like england in the early 80's with race riots.

i do think unfortunately instead of deportation they will face jail instead,and small prison gangs for protection will form like america.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭sollar

If they are African deport them. We don't need these ungrateful saps coming to this country and attacking Irish people. They are more than likely living of the state too.

FTA69 wrote: »
    No pun intended...? :D

Working on the door of one bar here in Cork I refused a group of Somalians who live up where I'm from and are notorious scuts altogether, they'd already been barred from this particular pub for harassing women. As soon as I made it clear to the lads they wouldn't be coming in that night, or any other night for that matter, the whole "this is a disgrace, you are a racist pig" etc was dragged up. Even better was when one random woman (Irish) walking past decided to run over and also join in the accusation of racism and declare me of being an ignorant racist thug.

The joys of it all.

Never even noticed the spade thing, no pun.

Yup anyone who has worked a door will have similar stories to tell.

I've had it a load of times too, I couldn't recall every incident.. But like I said, I just keep my mouth shut and don't give 'em anymore ammo to use against me.

Mud sticks and all that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,716 ✭✭✭LittleBook

Article wrote:
    The mother of one of the suspects has a conviction and served jail time for trafficking children into France from Nigeria.

Well we know where one of them gets his charming manners from.

Maybe they're actually EU citizens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭7sr2z3fely84g5

sollar wrote: »
    If they are African deport them. We don't need these ungrateful saps coming to this country and attacking Irish people. They are more than likely living of the state too.

tried in uk but human rights court blocked the move if life is in genuine danger-

http://www.talktalk.co.uk/news/article/undesirables-cannot-be-deported/11604/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

What animals like this are too stupid to realise is that they're actually promoting racism.

They might have attacked soembody who was previously a pinko liberal lefty with no animosity towards them...nothing like getting your head kicked in on racial grounds to make you change your mind about a group of people.

Peopel like black taxi drivers will suffer further downturns in thier business as people will be afraid of being assaulted based on race.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

Biggins wrote: »
    ...So they will be out and about in two/three months after sentencing!

correct. it's always the case. they will all be released quietly in the near future without letting anyone know.

and what really bothers me is the fact that... The mother of one of the suspects has a conviction and served jail time for trafficking children into France from Nigeria. Now how the hell was this person allowed to live here on this island ? it's mind boggling. probably getting all the state benefits as well. ffs.

the government should just put adverts on satt tv around the world saying that if you are a scumbag and evil f*cker you are more than welcome to live in Ireland and we will throw in all state benefits as well, one hundred thousand welcomes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭sollar

tried in uk but human rights court blocked the move if life is in genuine danger-

http://www.talktalk.co.uk/news/article/undesirables-cannot-be-deported/11604/

I think we need to be more careful who we let into this country. The interests of the citizens of this country should come before the interests on anyone wanting to come here. No matter what story they arrive with.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

...we only have to look at the case of nigerian teen death by two irish locals.

i do think unfortuantly instead of deportation they will face jail instead,and small prison gangs for protection will form like america.

From what I recall what the media left out of that story was that the black teen had been involved in an attack on the accused's brother which initiated the whole thing.

Btw non nationals are at least 33% of the prison population. If that trend continues it's entirely possible for an ethnic native born Irish person to be in the minority in prison over the next several years.

Advertisement