Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kendrick Lamar

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    Kendrick wont go down as one of the GOATS even if he wants to, he hasnt made a massive impact on the scene out of his 2 albums and he seems to be more of a cult rapper if you ask me, you either like him, have no feelings for him or literally have no idea who he is.

Stop people in the street and they won't be able to tell you who rakim, krs or nas are (beyond maybe 3 of the choruses to 3 of their songs)

A cult rapper would be bone thugz, aesop or people like that.

Kendrick straddles the middle.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    Kendrick wont go down as one of the GOATS even if he wants to, he hasnt made a massive impact on the scene out of his 2 albums and he seems to be more of a cult rapper if you ask me, you either like him, have no feelings for him or literally have no idea who he is.

It's too early to tell what kind of impact he'll make, he just released his major label debut a few weeks ago and you're already writing him off? He could easily go down as a West Coast legend with a few more albums under his belt.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

MOD NOTE:

Please refer to post #569 where I have advised to keep this on thread on topic.

Off Topic posts have been deleted.

Any further off topic posts will result in an infraction.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,820 ✭✭✭floggg

Tickets bought!

Can't wait, haven't been to a rap gig since the Distant Relatives gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭LUPE

Can't believe it sold out so quick

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

knew this would sell out quick, happy now i got out of bed to get 2 tickets

It's sold out already?? I got up and got my tickets first thing this morning but I didn't think it would sell out this quickly..should have bought more tickets!

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Oleg Luzhny

I went on to Ticketmaster there and I was still able to buy tickets. :confused: I bought my tickets already this morning, I was just surprised to hear that it sold out so quickly so I just wanted to see it for myself, but there were still tickets left. Maybe they released more tickets or something...

Also, will they using the whole venue (1500 capacity) for the gig? Or is just the Ground Floor Standing area?

It's just on the seating chart, it also shows Blocks A-F but even at around 9am this morning, after I had bought my tickets, I tried to buy tickets from a few of these blocks just to see if you could, but every time it said that there were none available.

And if try to buy tickets for another artist, for example Paloma Faith, you
    have the option of buying either Level 1 or 2 tickets?! Level 2 being in one of the blocks/balconies.

Also, if they are using these blocks/balconies for Kendrick, are they standing?

Just curious... :)

Who said it's sold out, where did that info come from? (On the phone at the moment can't check Ticketmaster myself)

Not sold out people, someone is winding you up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Oleg Luzhny

PrettyBoy wrote: »
    Who said it's sold out, where did that info come from? (On the phone at the moment can't check Ticketmaster myself)

I don't know, I just heard it sold out from people here. Both LUPE and georgiecasey said so...
    LUPE wrote: »
    Can't believe it sold out so quick
    knew this would sell out quick, happy now i got out of bed to get 2 tickets

Still tickets available for this, don't know if I am going yet. Don't know any Kendrick fans and would have to book time off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

If I buy a ticket for this, it'll be last minute. I don't know any Kendrick fans either and would be going alone. Depends on when I've to be back in Spain after Christmas too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,820 ✭✭✭floggg

If I buy a ticket for this, it'll be last minute. I don't know any Kendrick fans either and would be going alone. Depends on when I've to be back in Spain after Christmas too.

I don't know any hip-hop fans, never mind Kendrick fans!

I got two tickets anyway. I'll either drag the person I hope will be my boyfriend by that stage or else just lure my brother or a friend with the offer of a free ticket.

floggg wrote: »

I got two tickets anyway. I'll either drag the person I hope will be my boyfriend by that stage or else just lure my brother or a friend with the offer of a free ticket.

I might ask my brother too, but he seems to be really knuckling down to work and college these days, so I don't know if he'll free up his calender for me.

Although, if there's a few people here going, there could always be the option of meeting up? How weird and fun would that be??

TweetMe!?! wrote: »
    I don't know, I just heard it sold out from people here. Both LUPE and georgiecasey said so...

I just heard fromn LUPE and spread the word! Chinese whispers!

No, I got it wrong, I tried to buy FLOOR BALCONY tickets and it said none available, cos I don't think those tickets exist. There is tickets available when I checked proper.

floggg wrote: »

I might ask my brother too, but he seems to be really knuckling down to work and college these days, so I don't know if he'll free up his calender for me.

Although, if there's a few people here going, there could always be the option of meeting up? How weird and fun would that be??

Just go on your own if you have to, I go to tonnes of gigs on my own.

Though loads of my mates suddenly want to go to this one when Pitchfork gave the new album 9.5

Just go on your own if you have to, I go to tonnes of gigs on my own.

Though loads of my mates suddenly want to go to this one when Pitchfork gave the new album 9.5

Well, I'm not even sure I'll be in the country, so I don't know if I'll be going at all yet. I would go on my own, it's just fun to go with someone too.

Yeah I've been to a good few gigs on my own, same as yourselves, no mates that are that bothered. It's not as good but it's grand, no point missing a gig you want to see cos you might feel a bit awkward on between acts. Might even be going to this one on my own as well

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

I've never been to a gig on my own but I see absolutely no problem with doing so.

When I do go with mates, one or all of the following happens:
    -We all get lost and spend most of the gig on our own anyway.
    -One person gets far too drunk and needs to be looked after.
    -Someone gets in a fight/kicked out (I'm not leaving a ****ing gig I've waited months for because you acted like a gob****e).
    -Someone goes for a piss, never to be seen again.

Whereas if you go alone you can experience the concert exactly how you want to without having to worry about anyone else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 FJamel

I hope there are still tickets available next week.

Can't believe people in this thread are calling the album trash/mediocre. That's hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

Heading up with 2 of my mates for this , should be epic.

Opinion hasn't changed on the album though , it's pretty good but it's not great. Iv followed him for years now , lyrically for a lot of the album he's at nothing, especially when compared to the substance that was behind his earlier music and I'm not just talking section 80.

Napalm and life is good wipe the floor with this album as far as this years releases go, Iv listened to a few of saigons new one too and so far that's head and shoulders above this.

Most of my heroes still don't appear on no stamps is also a better album than this, but this is still an amazing album don't get me wrong.

Definitely my favourite album of the year anyway, loved LIG but I just prefer the West Coast sound in most cases so I guess that's why I prefer GKMC. Concept is just brilliantly executed IMO.
    saigons new one too and so far that's head and shoulders above this.
    Saigon says he wants to punch Rick Ross in the face and all of a sudden you're his biggest fan and won't shut up about him haha typical of you really :P

It's definitely better than Life Is Good.

Definitely more replay value than LIG, I have not felt the need to re-listen to that album despite paying for it on i-tunes.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

PrettyBoy wrote: »
    Saigon says he wants to punch Rick Ross in the face and all of a sudden you're his biggest fan and won't shut up about him haha typical of you really :P

Leave.It.Out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

Definitely more replay value than LIG, I have not felt the need to re-listen to that album despite paying for it on i-tunes.

i cant agree, im still going back over LIG. I think if you were to judge both albums track v track LIG would come out on top, I find myself going back to the same 3 or 4 tracks on GKMC.

i cant agree, im still going back over LIG. I think if you were to judge both albums track v track LIG would come out on top, I find myself going back to the same 3 or 4 tracks on GKMC.

I must go back and listen to it but it definitely did not make me want to re-listen to it.

It was good, and worth the money but I just didn't bother going back to it yet.

• Advertisement

Am I the only one who sees GKMC as like a movie adaption of Section.80?

It is great in its own right but it essentially a smaller look at the bigger (source material?) picture. GKMC - Section.80: The Compton Chronicles.

Advertisement