Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Half-baked Republican Presidential Fruitcakes (and fellow confections)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

robindch wrote: »

T'would be funny if it turns out he was actually spending a few hours every day with a "masseuse"called Jesús.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

Nodin wrote: »
    T'would be funny if it turns out he was actually spending a few hours every day with a "masseuse"called Jesús.
    Certainly wouldn't be the first Republican candidate to be caught with his trousers down and something else up.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,218 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Certainly wouldn't be the first Republican candidate to be caught with his trousers down and something else up.

Rick Santorum is far from being the only one with a "google problem" -

Larry "wide stance" Craig

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

Somebody created a Chrome extension that adds ridiculous Donald "You won't see another black president for generations" Trump quotes to any mention of his name.

That is amazing! I tried it out on Rolling Stone and it works beautifully (and quite often). :D

In the first few lines of the article:
    A new national poll from USA Today/Suffolk University finds that Donald "Laziness is a trait in blacks" Trump is leading the Republican field.

It's hilarious enough that a billionaire bigot who's slandered Mexican immigrants as rapists and criminals, and who makes Reddit trolls appear statesmanlike by comparison, is leading the GOP field.

What's even more riotous is that Donald "A lot of people are switching to these really long putters, very unattractive" Trump is running laps around GOP senators who have built national reputations on their supposed resonance with the party's activist base.

Donald "I promise not to talk about your massive plastic surgeries" Trump is polling at 17 percent.

Not exactly a Republican Fruitcake, but it's a glorious slap in the face to their propaganda tool, Fox 'news'.

To which Bill O'Reilly replied: "What a pinhead." I just can't picture our own Bryan Dobson using that childish comeback.

I don't know why Fox aired the clip, but thank baby jesus they did. :D

• Advertisement

^^^ In much the same "WTF?" vein, here's the Daily Mail explaining that right-wingers are less intelligent than steaming, pinko-so-called-liberal types:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2095549/Right-wingers-intelligent-left-wingers-says-controversial-study--conservative-politics-lead-people-racist.html
    DailyMail wrote:
    'Conservative ideology represents a critical pathway through which childhood intelligence predicts racism in adulthood,' says the paper.

The paper is here:

http://pss.sagepub.com/content/23/2/187
    Abstract wrote:
    Despite their important implications for interpersonal behaviors and relations, cognitive abilities have been largely ignored as explanations of prejudice. We proposed and tested mediation models in which lower cognitive ability predicts greater prejudice, an effect mediated through the endorsement of right-wing ideologies (social conservatism, right-wing authoritarianism) and low levels of contact with out-groups. In an analysis of two large-scale, nationally representative United Kingdom data sets (N = 15,874), we found that lower general intelligence (g) in childhood predicts greater racism in adulthood, and this effect was largely mediated via conservative ideology. A secondary analysis of a U.S. data set confirmed a predictive effect of poor abstract-reasoning skills on antihomosexual prejudice, a relation partially mediated by both authoritarianism and low levels of intergroup contact. All analyses controlled for education and socioeconomic status. Our results suggest that cognitive abilities play a critical, albeit underappreciated, role in prejudice. Consequently, we recommend a heightened focus on cognitive ability in research on prejudice and a better integration of cognitive ability into prejudice models.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Not a NSA agent

Was watching a documentary last night about the KKK, I noticed how its members tended to be made up of some dimmer members of out species.

^^^ In much the same "WTF?" vein, here's the Daily Mail explaining that right-wingers are less intelligent than steaming, pinko-so-called-liberal types:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2095549/Right-wingers-intelligent-left-wingers-says-controversial-study--conservative-politics-lead-people-racist.html

From the article:
    Right-wing views make the less intelligent feel 'safe'

Made me think of this:

God I hate the Pilgrims/ Puritans. No different than the Taliban.

@Not a NSA agent: I watched that doc on the KKK and I almost felt sorry for them. Almost.
    They're like bus spotters, only they have sewn badges and warped dangerous views. They seemed kind of harmless, until it was pointed out that two or three of their members were arrested on suspicion of planning to murder a black dude in Florida. Did you notice the new female recruit and her Freudian slip: "There's good and black people in this world"?

But, they are a source of comedy:

Even the Nazi's provided some very funny comedy in The Producers:
    Franz Liebkind: Baby! Baby!... Why does he say this "baby"? The Führer has never said "baby". I did not write, "baby". What is it with this, "baby"? :D

From the article:

Made me think of this:

God I hate the Pilgrims/ Puritans. No different than the Taliban.

@Not a NSA agent: I watched that doc on the KKK and I almost felt sorry for them. Almost.
    They're like bus spotters, only they have sewn badges and warped dangerous views. They seemed kind of harmless, until it was pointed out that two or three of their members were arrested on suspicion of planning to murder a black dude in Florida. Did you notice the new female recruit and her Freudian slip: "There's good and black people in this world"?

But, they are a source of comedy:

Even the Nazi's provided some very funny comedy in The Producers:
    Franz Liebkind: Baby! Baby!... Why does he say this "baby"? The Führer has never said "baby". I did not write, "baby". What is it with this, "baby"? :D

I laughed a lot when she said that. They are an odd bunch, most claim they dont hate black people, they just think they are inferior or something. I sometimes feel pity for people like them but remembering that these people are trying to reduce the rights of others helps get over it. I suppose having empathy for others helps not becoming a racist or homophobic ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Smiley92a

I laughed a lot when she said that. They are an odd bunch, most claim they dont hate black people, they just think they are inferior or something. I sometimes feel pity for people like them but remembering that these people are trying to reduce the rights of others helps get over it. I suppose having empathy for others helps not becoming a racist or homophobic ****.
    Everyone likes to think they're reasonable, decent people, even ones who join the Klan :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,965 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Ted Cruz: "Star Trek’s Captain Kirk was probably a Republican".

Considering that Star Trek is set in a future that features no money and a single world government, where religion and capitalism are only found on "primitive" planets ... :rolleyes:

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

Oklahoma GOP women’s group attacks welfare with image of a black man being lynched. :eek:

OK-GOP-Facebook-post-800x430.png
    Another Oklahoma Republican group posted an offensive comparison about welfare recipients on its official Facebook page.

The Oklahoma Federation of Republican Women posted an image Wednesday that showed a black man being lynched and made references to the Ku Klux Klan to make a muddled point about public assistance, reported KFOR-TV.

“The KKK was formed by the Democrats to keep control over black Americans,” read text on the image. “The Democrats of today just traded ropes for welfare.”

And there was me thinking that Christianity was the replacement for the chains of slavery. Huh. I never would have guessed that it was state ASSISTANCE.
    Only about a quarter of food stamp recipients are black, and the percentage of black beneficiaries dropped every year between 2001 and 2010, reported Think Progress.

Listening to these racists Republicans, you would get the impression that only black Americans availed of welfare. Facts rarely if ever work in the favour of conservatives.

Still, there will be many, many, poor white trash GOP supporters voting for the party which denigrates the poor at every turn. I've seen them up in arms over the estate tax, as an example. Not a hope of them qualifying (how much is a trailer worth?), but they get angry nonetheless. They do not vote in their best interests and they're an embarrassment to our species. The Republican party may be the party of the 1%, but their apparent love of Jesus trumps the negatives, of which there are many. /sigh

Ah yes, instead of killing black people they provide them with a method that allows people to eat instead of stealing. Those bastards.

Louie Gohmert: Gay Islanders Would Die Out, Proving Gay Marriage Is Wrong.

We could take four heterosexual couples, married, and put them on an island where they have everything they need to sustain life. Then take four all-male couples and put them on an island with all they need to sustain life, take four couples of women, married, and put them on an island, and let’s come back in 100 to 200 years and see which one nature says is the preferred marriage.

It's amazing how a person with acute learning difficulties can reach such a high position. The word island will always sound more pleasant than camps.

I watched a documentary last year, where some religious bigot (is that a form of redundancy?) came up with an idea to put all gay people in camps, surrounded by tall fencing. How Christian of her? Anyone with a couple of working brain cells should know that straight couples would still give birth to children who would discover that they were gay. But, I fear that trying to explain this simple fact to that woman and her ilk, is akin to explaining string theory to the cat.

"I love my gun and my holy book." "Women belong in the home and gays are sinners in the eyes of God." - Republicans, ISIL, Taliban, Al-Qaeda etc etc

Louie Gohmert: Gay Islanders Would Die Out, Proving Gay Marriage Is Wrong.

It's amazing how a person with acute learning difficulties can reach such a high position. The word island will always sound more pleasant than camps.

I watched a documentary last year, where some religious bigot (is that a form of redundancy?) came up with an idea to put all gay people in camps, surrounded by tall fencing. How Christian of her? Anyone with a couple of working brain cells should know that straight couples would still give birth to children who would discover that they were gay. But, I fear that trying to explain this simple fact to that woman and her ilk, is akin to explaining string theory to the cat.

"I love my gun and my holy book." "Women belong in the home and gays are sinners in the eyes of God." - Republicans, ISIL, Taliban, Al-Qaeda etc etc

Put me on an island with 5 attractive redheads. Nature approves of polygamy.

Im still trying to figure out why the care. It gives off the impression that they dont care about what is natural, they just dont like gay people.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,218 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

It gives off the impression that they dont care about what is natural, they just dont like gay people.

Or thinking.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

[...]where some religious bigot (is that a form of redundancy?)
    Yes, I think in respect to many of the religious, particularly those highlighted in his thread, it is a bit of a tautology.

MrP

• Registered Users Posts: 26,169 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

Put me on an island with 5 attractive redheads. Nature approves of polygamy.
    The 5 attractive redheads may not, though. ;)

From the republican candidate mudsling the other night:

Then, there was Todd Courser who invented a gay affair in order to cover up for a hetero affair. Mr Courser is member of the Tea Party.

http://www.thejournal.ie/michigan-politician-fake-gay-affair-to-cover-up-real-straight-affair-2259561-Aug2015
    http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/aug/07/michigan-tea-party-lawmaker-affair

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,169 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

Then, there was Todd Courser who invented a gay affair in order to cover up for a hetero affair.
    A sound plan. What could possibly go wrong?

Florida: A fundamentalist preacher receives a message from the hereafter, saying that Trump will "expose darkness and perversion" for "he has the tender heart of a father that wants to lend a helping hand to the poor and the needy, to the foreigner and the stranger."

http://www.charismamag.com/blogs/prophetic-insight/23916-prophecy-donald-trump-shall-become-the-trumpet
    http://www.wnd.com/2015/08/firestorm-erupts-over-trumps-bible-connection/
    http://www.joemygod.com/2015/08/11/pastor-jeremiah-johnson-god-told-me-he-sent-donald-trump-to-help-bring-back-jesus/
    I was in a time of prayer several weeks ago when God began to speak to me concerning the destiny of Donald Trump in America. The Holy Spirit spoke to me and said, "Trump shall become My trumpet to the American people, for he possesses qualities that are even hard to find in My people these days. Trump does not fear man nor will he allow deception and lies to go unnoticed. I am going to use him to expose darkness and perversion in America like never before, but you must understand that he is like a bull in a china closet. Many will want to throw him away because he will disturb their sense of peace and tranquility, but you must listen through the bantering to discover the truth that I will speak through him. I will use the wealth that I have given him to expose and launch investigations searching for the truth. Just as I raised up Cyrus to fulfill My purposes and plans, so have I raised up Trump to fulfill my purposes and plans prior to the 2016 election. You must listen to the trumpet very closely for he will sound the alarm and many will be blessed because of his compassion and mercy. Though many see the outward pride and arrogance, I have given him the tender heart of a father that wants to lend a helping hand to the poor and the needy, to the foreigner and the stranger."
    After what might be characterized as a broadly negative reaction online, Mr Johnson clarified thusly:
    I will not attempt to defend myself here, I will leave that up to the Lord Jesus now and when I stand before Him and give an account for every word I’ve spoken. The goal of this post is to strictly help those who read the article and have questions and what largely appears to be a gross misinterpretation of what was published. Some Christians appear to be absolutely infuriated at the thought or prophetic word that God is going to use Donald Trump as a Trumpet to expose darkness and bring truth because of His moral background and political views. Perhaps God not being limited, subjected, and dependent to who human beings think He should use for His glory reveals their own issues with God, not a prophetic word. I, like many of you, was shocked by the word I received regarding Donald Trump. Trust me when I say it was given with fear and trembling. Again, I am not called to prophesy what I think or what my opinion is. I simply deliver the word of the Lord and encourage the saints to test and judge what has been spoken. I will publicly repent to the body of Christ if what was prophesied does not come to pass.

Ben Carson whispers "America."
    Lone voice from crowd "Whoohoo!"

I love the Carson bit, although the whole video is brilliant, especially their little songs.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

Governor Ted Cretin justifies discrimination against LGBT people

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/ellen-page-confronts-ted-cruz-816811

• Registered Users Posts: 17,849 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

Ted Cruz "Atheist Taliban"

Ben Carson being an idiot as usual

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

silverharp wrote: »
    Ted Cruz "Atheist Taliban"

Doncha just LOVE it when christians act like they're being persecuted :pac:

"Wah wah wah we can't impose our prejudices on you and restrict your freedoms through the law because of those dang atheists and "liberals" so we're gonna whine about it wah wah wah"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

Doncha just LOVE it when christians act like they're being persecuted :pac:

"Wah wah wah we can't impose our prejudices on you and restrict your freedoms through the law because of those dang atheists and "liberals" so we're gonna whine about it wah wah wah"

If either Ted Cruz or Donald Trump become president, the next Mad Max will not be a film but reality! Mad Ted and Mad Donald more than Max in fact! Cruz and Trump seem to be mentally unstable and the world already has had enough deranged individuals in charge of governments and religions already. But a deranged individual in charge of a superpower would be a whole different matter.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,792 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

If either Ted Cruz or Donald Trump become president, the next Mad Max will not be a film but reality! Mad Ted and Mad Donald more than Max in fact! Cruz and Trump seem to be mentally unstable and the world already has had enough deranged individuals in charge of governments and religions already. But a deranged individual in charge of a superpower would be a whole different matter.

Apropos, I was pretty sure Donald Trump reminded me of the Greg Stillson character in Stephen King's The Dead Zone, so I just re-read it to check: there are obvious differences, but ye gods there are obvious parallels.

• Advertisement

The New Yorker weighs in:

359844.png

Advertisement