Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Half-baked Republican Presidential Fruitcakes (and fellow confections)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭Sulla Felix

gbee wrote: »
    I think one could prove the existence of God quicker than making Osama a terrorist.
    Please do. Really, we can start a new thread and all, I'm pretty sure everyone on this forum would love to hear your proof of the existence of god.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Please do. Really, we can start a new thread and all, I'm pretty sure everyone on this forum would love to hear your proof of the existence of god.

Could it be? After 5000 years, somebody has finally done it?:p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

I wouldn't agree, but then I'm in her 'camp' or idea philosophy, asking Americans or even some board members here to actually think about something and to draw a conclusion themselves that is patently obvious can be frustrating.

This woman has seen through the cloak of innocence hung over Osama, sorry, Obama, jeez I'm always getting them mixed up, anyway it's very much the Emperor's New cloths phenomena with this lady the little boy who has not been told to pretend to see the new suit of splendour.

Did you not watch the video? A mentally lazy woman was asked a simple question, which she quite blatantly dodged because nobody in their right mind would call Obama a commie. He's quite obviously a liberal muslim extremist who promotes gayness.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭sponsoredwalk

He's quite obviously a liberal muslim extremist who promotes gayness.

Proof:
    In an interview with VCY America’s Vic Eliason, Jerome Corsi argued that President Obama is a secretly gay Muslim who is practicing “taqiyya” to conceal his Muslim faith. Corsi has earlier claimed that Obama was married to his male Pakistani roommate and joined Trinity United Church of Christ because of its “Down Low Club” to have sex with other men whom he later had killed, according to Corsi’s anonymous “sources.”
    He appeared on Eliason’s show to discuss his new WorldNetDaily article which says Obama wears a Muslim ring, and Corsi told Eliason that Obama is using the ring to send “a secret communication, like it’s a wink-wink and ‘I’m with you,’” to Muslims. “In Islam, taqiyya which is a practice, is OK for believers in Islam to mislead infidels,” Corsi asserted, “in Islam the high point of taqiyya would be to communicate to believers that that’s what you’re doing and that’s what I think this ring could easily do.”
    Corsi went on to maintain that Obama is not a Christian but a Muslim who is “ushering in radical Islam through the Muslim Brotherhood,” and also gay.
    http://www.rightwingwatch.org/content/corsi-obama-taqiyya-secret-communications-muslims

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Did you not watch the video? A mentally lazy woman was asked a simple question, which she quite blatantly dodged because nobody in their right mind would call Obama a commie. He's quite obviously a liberal muslim extremist who promotes gayness.

Ahh no, he's worse. He's a black liberal muslim extremist who promotes gayness.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭DB21

Proof:

What. The. ****.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

Replace Obama with John Major Cardboard Cut Outs.

To be honest, I believe if we took a few of the John Major's [British Prime Minister 1990] grey cardboard cutouts and put them in the white house, on debating forums and on the podium for press speeches, the average American voter would not realise that it was not Obama.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Replace Obama with John Major Cardboard Cut Outs.

To be honest, I believe if we took a few of the John Major's [British Prime Minister 1990] grey cardboard cutouts and put them in the white house, on debating forums and on the podium for press speeches, the average American voter would not realise that it was not Obama.

Funny, because when she called him a communist you said
    This woman has seen through the cloak of innocence hung over Osama, sorry, Obama, jeez I'm always getting them mixed up,

So are you saying that J Major is a communist and easily confused with a fundamentalist Jihadi? Or is this more waffle to try and give your true motivations the cloak of respectability....

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

Who on earth are the 4%?

http://www.irishcentral.com/story/news/people_and_politics/96-percent-in-ireland-say-they-would-vote-for-obama-in-us-election---puzzled-americans-ask-why-do-irish-in-ireland-dislike-the-gop-so-much-175065651.html
    A Gallup International poll has revealed that Irish in Ireland would vote 96-4 per cent for Obama over Romney.

That’s not a landslide it is an avalanche. But it begs the question why Irish and Europeans in general see so little to like in the GOP candidates these days. After all many Irish are Catholic conservatives fiercely opposed to abortion and feel issues like immigration into Ireland is destroying the country.

The business class in ireland would surely have far more in common with lower taxes and less government that the Republican Party espouses. Yet despite that obvious affinity there is no support whatever for the Republican Party in Ireland. I am always struck by this when talking to Irish politicians who in this country would be considered moderate conservatives but who have no time whatever for the GOP.

They blame George Bush and Ronald Reagan and American support for Israel. Reagan first. During his war in Nicaragua against the Sandinistas Reagan alienated the Irish, especially the religious orders who had large numbers of nuns and priests working in poor neighborhoods there.

There was a universal sense in Ireland of America the bully which cost the American image dear. Now to Bush. The Iraq war and its aftermath was also a disaster for the perception of America abroad. But perhaps nothing is more damaging than the perception by the GOP that the UN is a useless institution

While the UN maybe reviled in the U.S. in many circles, in Ireland it is seen as a very necessary international institution. It is the one way that a small country like Ireland can have an influence on great issues of the day. Irish troops who serve in UN peacekeeping missions are highly praised there and regarded with great pride. United Nations happenings are very closely reported.

There is huge animosity to the sense of America First, anti UN sense that the GOP foreign policy seems to foster. Then there is the issue of Israel. The overwhelming number of Irish identify with the Palestinians and draw many comparisons between their plight and the Irish under British rule. America’s role as Israel’s defender come what may, especially in GOP circles, plays very badly in ireland.

On the other hand Obama is seen as an internationalist who seeks co-operation across borders and who sees the UN as a valuable institution. I don’t see much changing in the future as long as the GOP continues to drift right. That 96-4 figure may even shrink further for Republicans if the current anti GOP sense continues.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,844 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

robindch wrote: »
    Who on earth are the 4%?

D4s.

• Advertisement

D4s.
    As a "D4" myself, I must register a most vigorous protest...

Sorry about that. I was thinking of bankers and "big business" CEOs.

Sorry about that. I was thinking of bankers and "big business" CEOs.
    Perfectly ok(*) :)

(*) btw, the company I co-own writes software for banks.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Sierra 117

Perfectly ok(*) :)

(*) btw, the company I co-own writes software for banks.

robindch behind Ulster Bank crash confirmed! :eek:

:D

Sierra 117 wrote: »
    robindch behind Ulster Bank crash confirmed!
    Actually, we write software that tests payment systems. UB isn't, and wasn't, one of our customers - go figure :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

..in the form of a strongly worded letter to The Irish Times:pac:

wprathead wrote: »
    ..in the form of a strongly worded letter to The Irish Times:pac:
    Nah, the internet will do fine :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭Sulla Felix

D4s.
    Quite the opposite. I'd say YD and their ilk account for most of them.

PBS, the USA's generally liberal public broadcasting service, has been in the sights of Republicans for many years, despite the fact that its federal subsidy is negligible. During the first presidential debate, Romney mentioned he'd cut the PBS subsidy to zero, despite a newly-announced love for Big Bird.

But The People and The Puppets are not happy and are marching on Washington:

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2012/1022/breaking55.html
    Plans to save Big Bird, the character from US public television's Sesame Street, from possible extinction are taking shape in the form of a puppet-based protest next month dubbed the Million Muppet March.

The demonstration is planned for November 3rd at the National Mall in Washington, DC, three days before the general election. Before the presidential debate between US president Barack Obama and Republican challenger Mitt Romney had concluded on October 3rd, two men who had never met each floated the Million Muppet March idea on social media. They immediately united to defend public broadcasting.

Mr Romney pledged during the debate to end the US federal government's subsidy for the Public Broadcasting Service despite his professed love for Big Bird, one of the characters on PBS's 43-year-old children's educational programme Sesame Street, which features the Muppets. Michael Bellavia (43), an animation executive from Los Angeles, and Chris Mecham (46), a university student in Idaho, separately came up with the Million Muppet March idea in response.

Bellavia bought the Internet address www.millionmuppetmarch.com during the debate and discovered Mecham had already started a Facebook page by the same name. Within 30 minutes of the end of the debate they were on the phone with each other, planning the march. "I figured, why just make it a virtual show of support? Why not take this opportunity because it seemed like there was already a growing interest in it and actually make it an active, participatory event," Bellavia said. "I literally just said, 'It's happening.'"

Both men consider themselves fans of Sesame Street, perhaps the best-known program on PBS, which received $445 million (€340,980) of $3.8 trillion in federal budget outlays in 2012. Coming from rural Idaho, Mecham said he was aware how important public broadcasting was in sparsely populated areas that receive no other signals over the air. "Romney was using Muppets as a rhetorical device to talk about getting rid of public broadcasting, which is really so much bigger than Sesame Street," Mecham said. "While he was still talking I was thinking of ways I could express my frustration at that argument. Before the debates were over I had put up the Million Muppet March Facebook page."

The two men said they immediately decided to work together. They may fall short of attracting a million people, or Muppets, to the event, but they do hope to create what Bellavia called a "lovefest" featuring skits and musical performances with Muppets. "It does seem like we might get close to the biggest ever assemblage of puppets in one place," he said, "and probably the most ever puppets marching on Washington". The Million Man March was a gathering held on the National Mall on October 16th, 1995, to promote civil rights, with an emphasis on African Americans, and was led by rights advocate Louis Farrakhan.

Quoth the internet:

225516.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

Terrifying and hilarious face swap of the Romneys.

11kjdc9.jpg

Terrifying and hilarious face swap of the Romneys.
    Not half as frightening as the real thing though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2012/1024/breaking28.html

Republican Richard Mourdock declares pregnancy from rape to be God's will.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Well of course it is. So is babies getting AIDS, so is tsunamis killing 250,000 people.

If you believe in an Abrahamic god then everything is "God's will".

Meanwhile, a dude named Anne Coulter thought referring to Obama as a "Retard" during the last presidential debate was a good idea. Twice.

So John Franklin Stephens, a 30 year old with Downs Syndrome, wrote this response:
    Dear Ann Coulter,

Come on Ms. Coulter, you aren't dumb and you aren't shallow. So why are you continually using a word like the R-word as an insult?

I'm a 30 year old man with Down syndrome who has struggled with the public's perception that an intellectual disability means that I am dumb and shallow. I am not either of those things, but I do process information more slowly than the rest of you. In fact it has taken me all day to figure out how to respond to your use of the R-word last night.

I thought first of asking whether you meant to describe the President as someone who was bullied as a child by people like you, but rose above it to find a way to succeed in life as many of my fellow Special Olympians have.

Then I wondered if you meant to describe him as someone who has to struggle to be thoughtful about everything he says, as everyone else races from one snarkey sound bite to the next.

Finally, I wondered if you meant to degrade him as someone who is likely to receive bad health care, live in low grade housing with very little income and still manages to see life as a wonderful gift.

Because, Ms. Coulter, that is who we are - and much, much more.

After I saw your tweet, I realized you just wanted to belittle the President by linking him to people like me. You assumed that people would understand and accept that being linked to someone like me is an insult and you assumed you could get away with it and still appear on TV.

I have to wonder if you considered other hateful words but recoiled from the backlash.

Well, Ms. Coulter, you, and society, need to learn that being compared to people like me should be considered a badge of honor.

No one overcomes more than we do and still loves life so much.

Come join us someday at Special Olympics. See if you can walk away with your heart unchanged.

A friend you haven't made yet,

John Franklin Stephens,
    Global Messenger,
    Special Olympics Virginia.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

She was on Real Time with Bill Maher the other week where she basically said that racism is no longer a problem in America. :eek:

She's a bit mental like...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭the culture of deference

A Republican US senate candidate has said pregnancy caused by rape is something "God intended" and not a situation that justifies an abortion.

"I came to realize that life is that gift from God," said Mourdock,.

"And, I think, even when life begins in that horrible situation of rape, that it is something that God intended to happen."

So there you have it people. Rapists commit rape under instruction from God.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Old news at this stage and much less worrying than Paul Ryan!

tumblr_m8suxo4MCb1rdkw6yo1_500.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭The Mad Hatter

She was on Real Time with Bill Maher the other week where she basically said that racism is no longer a problem in America. :eek:

She's a bit mental like...

I don't think so. She's a bit too good at saying the most unbelievably outrageous, offensive things, and at hitting just the right buttons to piss people off. I think she's just found that a very good way to a stable career is to say and do things that will sell lots of books to both the looney fringe that actually believe her, and the much larger market of people who buy her book to see just what sort of crap she's saying this time.

• Advertisement

Is bashing his skull in with a biology textbook for 7th-graders also God's will? :mad:

Advertisement