Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Marathon 31/10/2011

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭HardyEustace

4 stars (good)
    finbarrrr wrote: »
    When I actually came in in 3' 58" on my watch. Do you think the chip time will be adjusted to allow for the delay in crossing the start line.

Sorry to sound a bit thick but I've noticed a few posts along this theme.

Does this mean that the chip times were just saying 9:55/10:00 to chip finish time rather than chip start time to chip finish time????

Confused! I find it kind of hard to believe that a timing company would post times that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭finbarrrr

4 stars (good)
    "Does this mean that the chip times were just saying 9:55/10:00 to chip finish time rather than chip start time to chip finish time????"

I believe your assumption is correct. I ran DCM in '09 as well and I think the same thing happened but in time it was corrected to chip start time instead of race start time.

Can anyone confirm / clarify situation?

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭fluboy

Hi all,
    Results give me
    Irl M45 477 00:49:53 02:02:38 03:04:38 04:00:52 04:00:52

When I actually came in in 3' 58" on my watch. Do you think the chip time will be adjusted to allow for the delay in crossing the start line.

Must admit I did not like the narrow street the Green Group were sent down for the start line.

Just wondering were you wearing a watch with auto pause on?

I had the same problem or so I thought. My chip time was over a minute slower than my watch time. Couldn’t figure it out for ages until I coped on that I stopped twice to take a leak and every time I stopped the watch stopped too. The correct time is your chip time. Sorry :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,373 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

Hi all,
    Results give me
    Irl M45 477 00:49:53 02:02:38 03:04:38 04:00:52 04:00:52

Must admit I did not like the narrow street the Green Group were sent down for the start line.

The chip time should exactly reflect the time you started at. Your chip time and race time should not be equal, unless you started at the very front of the pack, which it doesn't sound like you did.

If you didn't start at the very front Race Time should always be greater than Chip time. It seems to be a big problem for lots of people this year that Race Time = Chip Time, which isn't correct...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

Has anyone signed up for 2012 yet??
    The 2012 National Lottery Dublin Marathon will take place on Monday 29th October at 10am. Entry is now open.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Diggy78

3 stars (average)
    The chip time should exactly reflect the time you started at. Your chip time and race time should not be equal, unless you started at the very front of the pack, which it doesn't sound like you did.

If you didn't start at the very front Race Time should always be greater than Chip time. It seems to be a big problem for lots of people this year that Race Time = Chip Time, which isn't correct...

This seems to have a lot to do with the chips being timed to go off with the wave times. If someone goes off in an earlier wave than they were supposed to then as they crossed the start line their chip was not activated then but it was activated immediately when their wave started about 5 minutes afterwards. I think this is the reason that so many have race times equal to chip times as their times would have started being recorded exactly as their wave started regardless of whether they were a half mile down the road or not. My best guess anyway :o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

3 stars (average)
    I forsee an issue.

I paid an extra €5 when registering to have a time sent out to me to be fitted into the back of the medal, any odds on whether or not this will be right?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Brianderunner

3 stars (average)
    Mr Slow wrote: »
    I forsee an issue.

I paid an extra €5 when registering to have a time sent out to me to be fitted into the back of the medal, any odds on whether or not this will be right?

Buy a cheap compass in Easons and get carving :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭kit3

4 stars (good)
    Has anyone signed up for 2012 yet??

You get a deal if you register for some or all of the race series with it. Don't think that's open yet :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

4 stars (good)
    Great race overall, but in the spirit of constructive criticism :)...

- Chip timing not working properly for some
    - Splits wrongly labelled (5 mile/10k, 30k/whatever it was really)
    - water stations running out/shutting down before later runners got there

Two from me
    - some sections of the course are just too narrow. Crumlin road seemed to be narrower this year? and other sections were really tight. With the numbers increasing every year this is just going to get worse unless there's a change to the route or we can use more of the road
    - there weren't any signs counting down the distance at the end. I could really have used them :o, but they'd also have been handy for the tv commentators working out when the elites were going to finish

any others?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,373 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

Diggy78 wrote: »
    This seems to have a lot to do with the chips being timed to go off with the wave times. If someone goes off in an earlier wave than they were supposed to then as they crossed the start line their chip was not activated then but it was activated immediately when their wave started about 5 minutes afterwards. I think this is the reason that so many have race times equal to chip times as their times would have started being recorded exactly as their wave started regardless of whether they were a half mile down the road or not. My best guess anyway :o

Ummmmm not sure if that's fully right or not. I know quite a few that were in the correct wave, but their chip time and race time are the same. The way it normally works is that the race clock starts when the elites go and just keeps running (no pun intended). Its hard to believe that the wave start messed up the timing, as this is done all over the world and in the race series in the park and worked fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭finbarrrr

4 stars (good)
    Timing is a real pain.. Got got email for Photos lot

Congratulations John on completing the
    Dublin Marathon
    in a finish time of: 4:00:52

Really annoying that. Nearly three minutes out. I'm sure the E5 I also spent on the insert will also be wrong.

I sent an email to the Marathon office. I'be be real interested in seeing what comes back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

Ummmmm not sure if that's fully right or not. I know quite a few that were in the correct wave, but their chip time and race time are the same. The way it normally works is that the race clock starts when the elites go and just keeps running (no pun intended). Its hard to believe that the wave start messed up the timing, as this is done all over the world and in the race series in the park and worked fine.

No they didn't, a number of people has problems with the chips at all 3 races. I was one of them and my chip didn't register at all for the 5 miler.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭red face dave

RayCun wrote: »

Two from me
    - some sections of the course are just too narrow. Crumlin road seemed to be narrower this year? and other sections were really tight. With the numbers increasing every year this is just going to get worse unless there's a change to the route or we can use more of the road
    - there weren't any signs counting down the distance at the end. I could really have used them :o, but they'd also have been handy for the tv commentators working out when the elites were going to finish

any others?

Lack of different size t-shirts at the finish (large one's in particular)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,550 ✭✭✭chinguetti

2 stars (poor)

Two from me

any others?

Have to say thats about right Ray. But the water stations were worse than you described, they didn't have enough people on them, the water wasn't even on the tables and still on the plastic wrapping/boxes. Its looked like the water was just delivered at 10am.

I found it odd that most of the wide roads are from mile 12 on while the narrow parts are all in the first half. Any chance they will change the course to wider roads for the first half next year if they want to get 15,000 people for next year? Or perhaps give each pace group a 5 minute window to get pass the start?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭dev123

3 stars (average)

Two from me

any others?

The first water station was only one table as far as I remember. The typical advice is that there is no need to go diving in at the first sign of water; that there will be more tables further on. No there wasn't. Luckily my brother had gone a bit ahead and managed to get a bottle. It was a nervous few seconds hunting him down before he ditched a half filled bottle but I made it. It was the only goal I made on the day :o

People walking along the course around Trinity college. On the course which was the cycle lane at one point and not the 15 foot wide footpath to their left!!! Mind you they were well within their rigths to think that everyone was finished by the time I ducked for the tape.

It was my first DCM and I found the support excellent. Even in the rain people were out giving it their all.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Diggy78

3 stars (average)

Fair enough, I might very well be wrong on this. Am going on the times of 4 members of my club who had improved an awful lot since they signed up and just chanced their collective arms in moving into an earlier wave to go with a faster pacer. Each of these were 5 minutes ahead at all splits and had exact same chip and gun finishes. One guy in particular ran with another member who was in the correct wave and there was 5 minutes difference at the 5 mile mark even though they passed it together and started together.

There's possibly a few issues with the chips then as you say that it's not just those that were in the wrong wave. I never realised that others were affected too, my bad. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

3 stars (average)
    Diggy78 wrote: »

It could just be that the chips did not register at the startline and thus they just gave the gun time of the wave you were supposed to start.

If you send an email to dublin marathon office@dublinmarathon.ie, they may be able to sort out the chip time.
    I have to say the chips this year, through the race series and the Marathon itself seem to be a total disaster, i hope they get a new company for next year.

4 stars (good)
    Lack of different size t-shirts at the finish (large one's in particular)

Sorry, but I found the opposite. Normally there are never enough xs left at the finish. Was DELIGHTED to find that there was xs left (though still way too big but that's a matter of opinion).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

My 2c.

First marathon. Great experience overall.

Problems - the crowding around water stations at the early stages meant I missed a couple. I ended up picking up some discarded half full bottles to try to maintain hydration. In hindsight I would bring a hydration pack as I wouldn't be fully confident of the on route water.

Chip time - when I signed up in January I was only running a couple of months, so my predicted time at that point was overly optimistic (3:30-4:15). Knowing I had no chance to do this on the day, and wanting to stick to a slower pace group, I elected to start in the 3rd wave. I assumed the chip would measure from when I crossed the start to when I crossed the finish. My watch gave me a time of 4:46:57 - on the website it is 4:54:02 (perhaps my own fault for switching waves...). This seems to indicate it was timing me from when the second wave set off, even though I had not crossed the line (as a consequence my first split is slower than the one after as well).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭corkrunner71

3 stars (average)
    RoverHogan wrote: »
    I think that was me! Chip time of 2:59:58! Delighted! Second marathon after a 3:09:28 5 weeks ago in berlin. Can't stop smiling/crying!
    A huge thank you to all the pacers, ye are legends! Well done to all today!

Well done, super running.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭corkrunner71

3 stars (average)
    Sub 2:35
    Tunguska - 4th marathon
    emerald007 - 10th marathon

Sub 2:45
    2:44.59 - Pablo T
    2.36.00 devotional1993
    2:44:59 - n-dawg - 3rd marathon

Sub 3:00
    2:49:xx - Gringo78 - 3rd Marathon
    2:51.xx - Racman - 10th Marathon (30th anniversary of first one)
    2:54:59 - brownian - 5th Marathon
    2:55.30 - RunForestRun - 12th Marathon
    2:56:00- Dr. Quirky
    2:59.59 - Lex Luther - 2.59.38 ( first time under 3):D:D:D:D9th Marathon
    2:59:30 - Fazz - 1st Marathon (aiming high!)
    2:59:30 - haggis_mccloud - 1st Marathon (also aiming high) 3:07:27. tough baptism, great day out though, supporters were brilliant.
    2:59:30 - TheRoadRunner - sub 3hr Pacer & looking forward to it
    2:59.29 - 7mile- 7th Marathon
    2:59.59 - Earlyevening 6th marathon 2:58,13:D
    2:59.59 - Slogger Jogger Twenty somethingth marathon. 8th Dublin.
    2:59.59 - NeedsTraining - 7th marathon (aiming high, legs feel now) *
    2:59.59 - Wideball - 6th marathon

Sub 3:15
    3:05:59 - Art of Noise - 5th Marathon (Last three - 3:20, 3:15, 3:10)!
    3:09:59 - Diggy78 - 5th Marathon
    3:09:59 - Corkrunner71 - 12th Marathon 3:09:50 :) Not a good 2nd half but just about managed to scrape under the 3:10 so very happy
    3:14:30 - Krusty_Clown - Sub 3:15 pacer - lots of marathons
    3:14:xx - condo131 - 21st Marathon (but running sh*te at the mo')
    3:14:59 - Potsy11 - 6th Marathon
    3:14:xx - EC1000 - 3rd Marathon (1st one in 5 years and 50/50 if I'll make the start line)3.35 - ouch
    3:14:xx - Kone - 4th Marathon
    3:14:xx - jahaco - 36th Marathon (looking forward to meeting Krusty_Clown and trying to qualify for London 2013)

Sub 3:30
    3:19:59 - Floyd333 - 1st Marathon
    3:20:00 - Aficionado - 2nd Marathon
    3:20:00 - L&P - 3rd Marathon
    3:22:00 - wfdrun - 4th Marathon
    3:24:00 - Bigdreams - 5th Marathon
    3:25:00 - EMPM - 1st Marathon
    3:25:59 - BrokenMan - 3rd Marathon
    3:26:42 - Der Nipper 3rd Marathon (exact time closer to date)
    3:28:00 - Mr Slow - 3rd Marathon 3:29:27
    3:29:00 - ItsAllTrue - 2nd Marathon - 3.42.35 but still a pb by 15mins:D
    3:29:30 - snailsong - 1st marathon 3:29.12:D
    3:29:30 - TFBubendorfer - (pacer) 22nd marathon
    3.29.30 - Liamo123 - ( pacer ) 9th marathon ( presuming I get 2 Berlin in one piece )
    3:29:30 - neilc - 4th marathon 3:23:58
    3:29:59 - RayCun - 3.29.12:D
    3:29:59 - Tipp man running - 5th marathon
    3:29:59 - AverageRunner - 3rd Marathon
    3:29:59 - Ray von - 1st Marathon
    3:29:59 - paulb79 - 2nd marathon
    3.29.59 - marathonm@n - 6th marathon
    3.29.59 - Dundalk - 2nd marathon
    3:29:59 - Spanx - 1st marathon 3.28.58:D
    3:29:59 - Mr Marenghi - 4th marathon (2nd marathon with proper, full, injury free training)
    3:29:58 - James Howlett - 2nd Marathon 4:03:xx - you can't hate me anymore than I hate myself

Sub 3:45
    3:37:59 - marthastew- 7th Marathon
    3:39:59 - MaxPower131 - 2nd Marathon
    3:40:00 - guysmiley - 2nd Marathon (1st was last May in Stockholm at 3:49)
    3:42:00 - Sharktale
    3:43:07 - BobbyB - 1st Marathon
    3.43.59 -aigster -10th marathon
    3:44:59 - steviecakes - 2nd Marathon
    3:44:30 - Macanri - (Pacer) not as many marathons as the other pacers!
    3:44:30 - Brianderunner (Pacer)
    3:44:30 - shotgunmcos (Pacer) - 10th Marathon, 3rd time pacing DCM
    3:45:00 suseoh 1st marathon
    3:45:00 - antomagoo 1st marathon
    3:45:00 - Concerned2 1st marathon
    3:45:00 - 28064212 - 1st Marathon
    3:45:00 - Kinbe 1st Marathon
    3:44:59 - digger, 3rd Marathon 3:42:50 :D
    3:44:59 - Shell to Run, 3rd Marathon

Sub 4:00
    3.49.59 - Dullahan2 1st marathon
    3.50.00 - Van.Bosch - 2nd Marathon
    3.50.00 - Digijem - 2nd Marathon
    3.50:00 - Vagga 1st marathon - Changed this ages ago but it got reset. Post 4 week layoff, dropping goal a bit to be realisitc
    3.55.59 - i008787 - 9th Marathon
    3.57.30 - dazed+confused 1st Marathon
    3:57:59 - Conseng - 1st marathon
    3:58:29 - hawkwing - 4th marathon (4th DCM)
    3:59:30 - menoscemo - (pacer) 11th Marathon
    3:59:30 - Oisin11178 - (pacer) 35th marathon
    3:59:30 - christeb - (pacer) 5th Marathon
    3:59:30 - Jackyback - (pacer) 6th Marathon (1 IM mara)
    3:59:30 - Jim0 - 2nd Marathon (narrowly missed 4:00 in Berlin 2011; seeking revenge)
    3:59:30 - Neverhappy, 1st Marathon, sprint to finish if i can walk !!!
    3.59.59 - PDCAT - 1st Marathon
    3.59.59 - lahaine, first marathon, eye of the tiger baby!
    3.59.59 - iMac Hunt 3rd marathon
    3.59.59 - mfdc 2nd marathon
    3.59.59 - BobMac104 1st Marathon ( 4.15 is prob more realistic but sub 4 is the goal)
    3.59.59 - Cabaal 2nd marathon 03:58:33
    3:59:59 - Tinydave (hopfully the i get some tailwind)
    3:59:59 - IMKNACKERED 2nd attempted marathon
    3:59:59 - Dev123 2nd marathon
    3:59:59 - liamog - 1st Marathon, going to run with the pacers for the first 20.
    3:59:59 - D Chief - 4:15:16 (Beidh lá eile)
    3:59:59 - Red face Dave, 1st Marathon

Sub 4:30
    4:14:30 Runningcoach - (pacer) - 46th marathon
    4:14:29 kandikane (pacer)-10th marathon
    4:14:59 Smoochie06 - 1st Marathon
    4:15:00 grasscutter - 4th Marathon = 4.23.45
    4.14.02 - tec diver, 2nd marathon, Connemara was my first!
    4:29:30 Izoard - (pacer) 14th standalone + 2 Ironman marathons....
    4;29:59 Younganne 3rd Marathon(walked 1, ran 2) = 4:26:12:D
    4:29:59 Micilín Muc 2nd marathon (first one I trained properly for!) - 4:42:04
    4.29.59 subscriber 1st marathon (was hoping to go sub 4, too much time out on injury means that wont be happening)
    4.29.59 OldieWilson 1st marathon (was also hoping to do sub 4, but too much time out injured)
    4.29.59 Ontheditch2 1st marathon
    4.29.59 run44 - 1st marathon - 4:21:29
    4.29.59 RE*AC*TOR 1st marathon
    4.29.59 Wally Runs (pacer) - some
    4:29:45 (pacer) Ultraman1-a few.
    4:29:59 razor12345 - 1st Marathon

Sub 5:00
    4:59:30 ger664 - (pacer) 6th Marathon
    4:40:00 CramCycle

Just Finish
    hoping to finish in 5:15 -diddleyland 3rd marathon
    Just Finish - foxyboxer - 1st Marathon 04:04:11
    Just Finish- Kit3- 1st marathon
    Just Finish- JJJJNR - 1st Marathon
    Just Finish -Pilot1087 - 1st Marathon (decided to go for it)
    Just Finish - Elvis Jones - 1st Marathon and have had problems along the way. No injuries, just messy problems. But i'll finish if i have to craw
    Just Finish- Hunnymonster 51st Marathon
    Just Finish - Mr Abbey - 1st Marathon

4:04:11. Very happy with the time for my first one. Was on pace for a Sub 4 but the fatigue after 18 miles prevented that. The support from the RDS all the way in was phenomenal. Ran it in the Vibrams too. Onward and Downwards* for Cork next June.

* timewise that is :pac:

3:09:50 for me :) . Not a good 2nd half but just about managed to scrape under the 3:10 so very happy. Tried to stay within reach of 3hr pacers but just drifted back from 14 on. Crowd was excellent out there. Thanks to all who pushed me on for last 3 miles.

3 stars (average)
    My 2c:

The goodie bags were rubbish based on last years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭meijin

4 stars (good)
    Mr Slow wrote: »
    The goodie bags were rubbish based on last years.

Not sure what was there last years, but it was a bit too much junk food this time, which I'll just throw out... I gave it all to other people after half but the rain distracted me this time.

I was looking for the usual nuts bar but there was none :eek:

3 stars (average)
    meijin wrote: »
    Not sure what was there last years, but it was a bit too much junk food this time, which I'll just throw out... I gave it all to other people after half but the rain distracted me this time.

I was looking for the usual nuts bar but there was none :eek:

Two bottles of nice shower gel and loads of treatie things last year, this year not so much!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,801 ✭✭✭griffin100

Good Bits:
    • Plenty of water, spar energy drink and gels at the aid stations when I passed
    • Better T shirt than last year
    • Nicer medal than last year
    • Watching the whole 4hrs plus coverage on sky plus after the race and reliving the pain

Bad Bits:
    • A lot more congestion on the course than last year
    • A timing chip that didn't work (I'd be well peeded off if I'd run a PB)
    • Marty Feckin Morrissey
    • A medal that broke by the time I got home
    • The cost - I registered late and €90 is a lot....and people complain about Connemara!

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭somedood

Timing is a real pain.. Got got email for Photos lot

Congratulations John on completing the
    Dublin Marathon
    in a finish time of: 4:00:52

Really annoying that. Nearly three minutes out. I'm sure the E5 I also spent on the insert will also be wrong.

I sent an email to the Marathon office. I'be be real interested in seeing what comes back.

Any word on this, I had the same problem and emailed them yesterday.
    Still no response, Mine was 4:01:22 and mine was also almost 3 minutes out.

Gutted not to see my sub 4 up there on the site!

4 stars (good)
    griffin100 wrote: »
    Bad Bits:
    • A lot more congestion on the course than last year

It was very congested this year. That said, when I ran it two years ago there were awful problems with idiots on bikes weaving in and out of runners and just making a general nusiance of themselves. One woman came very close to being pushed off her bike and thumped by me as she insistedon cycling up very slowly in front me at the hill after Chapelizoid. GRRR

But I didn't see any of that carry on this year. I guess they must have really clamped down on it this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭emerald007

Tunguska - 4th marathon
    emerald007 - 10th marathon 2:43:04 on the day which breaks a five year old PB by a minute but the report card will read "should do better".

Sub 2:45
    2:44.59 - Pablo T
    2.36.00 devotional1993
    2:44:59 - n-dawg - 3rd marathon

Sub 3:00
    2:49:xx - Gringo78 - 3rd Marathon
    2:51.xx - Racman - 10th Marathon (30th anniversary of first one)
    2:54:59 - brownian - 5th Marathon
    2:55.30 - RunForestRun - 12th Marathon
    2:56:00- Dr. Quirky
    2:59.59 - Lex Luther - 2.59.38 ( first time under 3):D:D:D:D9th Marathon
    2:59:30 - Fazz - 1st Marathon (aiming high!)
    2:59:30 - haggis_mccloud - 1st Marathon (also aiming high) 3:07:27. tough baptism, great day out though, supporters were brilliant.
    2:59:30 - TheRoadRunner - sub 3hr Pacer & looking forward to it
    2:59.29 - 7mile- 7th Marathon
    2:59.59 - Earlyevening 6th marathon 2:58,13:D
    2:59.59 - Slogger Jogger Twenty somethingth marathon. 8th Dublin.
    2:59.59 - NeedsTraining - 7th marathon (aiming high, legs feel now) *
    2:59.59 - Wideball - 6th marathon

Sub 3:15
    3:05:59 - Art of Noise - 5th Marathon (Last three - 3:20, 3:15, 3:10)!
    3:09:59 - Diggy78 - 5th Marathon
    3:09:59 - Corkrunner71 - 12th Marathon 3:09:50 :) Not a good 2nd half but just about managed to scrape under the 3:10 so very happy
    3:14:30 - Krusty_Clown - Sub 3:15 pacer - lots of marathons
    3:14:xx - condo131 - 21st Marathon (but running sh*te at the mo')
    3:14:59 - Potsy11 - 6th Marathon
    3:14:xx - EC1000 - 3rd Marathon (1st one in 5 years and 50/50 if I'll make the start line)3.35 - ouch
    3:14:xx - Kone - 4th Marathon
    3:14:xx - jahaco - 36th Marathon (looking forward to meeting Krusty_Clown and trying to qualify for London 2013)

Sub 3:30
    3:19:59 - Floyd333 - 1st Marathon
    3:20:00 - Aficionado - 2nd Marathon
    3:20:00 - L&P - 3rd Marathon
    3:22:00 - wfdrun - 4th Marathon
    3:24:00 - Bigdreams - 5th Marathon
    3:25:00 - EMPM - 1st Marathon
    3:25:59 - BrokenMan - 3rd Marathon
    3:26:42 - Der Nipper 3rd Marathon (exact time closer to date)
    3:28:00 - Mr Slow - 3rd Marathon 3:29:27
    3:29:00 - ItsAllTrue - 2nd Marathon - 3.42.35 but still a pb by 15mins:D
    3:29:30 - snailsong - 1st marathon 3:29.12:D
    3:29:30 - TFBubendorfer - (pacer) 22nd marathon
    3.29.30 - Liamo123 - ( pacer ) 9th marathon ( presuming I get 2 Berlin in one piece )
    3:29:30 - neilc - 4th marathon 3:23:58
    3:29:59 - RayCun - 3.29.12:D
    3:29:59 - Tipp man running - 5th marathon
    3:29:59 - AverageRunner - 3rd Marathon
    3:29:59 - Ray von - 1st Marathon
    3:29:59 - paulb79 - 2nd marathon
    3.29.59 - marathonm@n - 6th marathon
    3.29.59 - Dundalk - 2nd marathon
    3:29:59 - Spanx - 1st marathon 3.28.58:D
    3:29:59 - Mr Marenghi - 4th marathon (2nd marathon with proper, full, injury free training)
    3:29:58 - James Howlett - 2nd Marathon 4:03:xx - you can't hate me anymore than I hate myself

Sub 3:45
    3:37:59 - marthastew- 7th Marathon
    3:39:59 - MaxPower131 - 2nd Marathon
    3:40:00 - guysmiley - 2nd Marathon (1st was last May in Stockholm at 3:49)
    3:42:00 - Sharktale
    3:43:07 - BobbyB - 1st Marathon
    3.43.59 -aigster -10th marathon
    3:44:59 - steviecakes - 2nd Marathon
    3:44:30 - Macanri - (Pacer) not as many marathons as the other pacers!
    3:44:30 - Brianderunner (Pacer)
    3:44:30 - shotgunmcos (Pacer) - 10th Marathon, 3rd time pacing DCM
    3:45:00 suseoh 1st marathon
    3:45:00 - antomagoo 1st marathon
    3:45:00 - Concerned2 1st marathon
    3:45:00 - 28064212 - 1st Marathon
    3:45:00 - Kinbe 1st Marathon
    3:44:59 - digger, 3rd Marathon 3:42:50 :D
    3:44:59 - Shell to Run, 3rd Marathon

Sub 4:00
    3.49.59 - Dullahan2 1st marathon
    3.50.00 - Van.Bosch - 2nd Marathon
    3.50.00 - Digijem - 2nd Marathon
    3.50:00 - Vagga 1st marathon - Changed this ages ago but it got reset. Post 4 week layoff, dropping goal a bit to be realisitc
    3.55.59 - i008787 - 9th Marathon
    3.57.30 - dazed+confused 1st Marathon
    3:57:59 - Conseng - 1st marathon
    3:58:29 - hawkwing - 4th marathon (4th DCM)
    3:59:30 - menoscemo - (pacer) 11th Marathon
    3:59:30 - Oisin11178 - (pacer) 35th marathon
    3:59:30 - christeb - (pacer) 5th Marathon
    3:59:30 - Jackyback - (pacer) 6th Marathon (1 IM mara)
    3:59:30 - Jim0 - 2nd Marathon (narrowly missed 4:00 in Berlin 2011; seeking revenge)
    3:59:30 - Neverhappy, 1st Marathon, sprint to finish if i can walk !!!
    3.59.59 - PDCAT - 1st Marathon
    3.59.59 - lahaine, first marathon, eye of the tiger baby!
    3.59.59 - iMac Hunt 3rd marathon
    3.59.59 - mfdc 2nd marathon
    3.59.59 - BobMac104 1st Marathon ( 4.15 is prob more realistic but sub 4 is the goal)
    3.59.59 - Cabaal 2nd marathon 03:58:33
    3:59:59 - Tinydave (hopfully the i get some tailwind)
    3:59:59 - IMKNACKERED 2nd attempted marathon
    3:59:59 - Dev123 2nd marathon
    3:59:59 - liamog - 1st Marathon, going to run with the pacers for the first 20.
    3:59:59 - D Chief - 4:15:16 (Beidh lá eile)
    3:59:59 - Red face Dave, 1st Marathon

Sub 4:30
    4:14:30 Runningcoach - (pacer) - 46th marathon
    4:14:29 kandikane (pacer)-10th marathon
    4:14:59 Smoochie06 - 1st Marathon
    4:15:00 grasscutter - 4th Marathon = 4.23.45
    4.14.02 - tec diver, 2nd marathon, Connemara was my first!
    4:29:30 Izoard - (pacer) 14th standalone + 2 Ironman marathons....
    4;29:59 Younganne 3rd Marathon(walked 1, ran 2) = 4:26:12:D
    4:29:59 Micilín Muc 2nd marathon (first one I trained properly for!) - 4:42:04
    4.29.59 subscriber 1st marathon (was hoping to go sub 4, too much time out on injury means that wont be happening)
    4.29.59 OldieWilson 1st marathon (was also hoping to do sub 4, but too much time out injured)
    4.29.59 Ontheditch2 1st marathon
    4.29.59 run44 - 1st marathon - 4:21:29
    4.29.59 RE*AC*TOR 1st marathon
    4.29.59 Wally Runs (pacer) - some
    4:29:45 (pacer) Ultraman1-a few.
    4:29:59 razor12345 - 1st Marathon

Sub 5:00
    4:59:30 ger664 - (pacer) 6th Marathon
    4:40:00 CramCycle

Just Finish
    hoping to finish in 5:15 -diddleyland 3rd marathon
    Just Finish - foxyboxer - 1st Marathon 04:04:11
    Just Finish- Kit3- 1st marathon
    Just Finish- JJJJNR - 1st Marathon
    Just Finish -Pilot1087 - 1st Marathon (decided to go for it)
    Just Finish - Elvis Jones - 1st Marathon and have had problems along the way. No injuries, just messy problems. But i'll finish if i have to craw
    Just Finish- Hunnymonster 51st Marathon
    Just Finish - Mr Abbey - 1st Marathon

4:04:11. Very happy with the time for my first one. Was on pace for a Sub 4 but the fatigue after 18 miles prevented that. The support from the RDS all the way in was phenomenal. Ran it in the Vibrams too. Onward and Downwards* for Cork next June.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

emerald007 wrote: »
    Tunguska - 4th marathon
    emerald007 - 10th marathon 2:43:04 one day which breaks a five year old PB by a minute but the report card will read "should do better".

Hard luck Paul. was a bizarre day for a lot of us. You're defintely worth a sub 2:30, go again next year.

Advertisement