Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

any body got any news on steam for linux

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Ste_JDM

Here is a question.. (possibly already asked).

But what Distro and version is everyone on here? Also 32/64 bit?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭Grudaire

Mint (13 or 14) 64bit :)

I just hope that the figures for actual sales to Linux justify bringing out more titles to us :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭matrim

Ubuntu 12.04 (with 12.10 kernel updates) 64bit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,969 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Fedora 17 32bit.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 37,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭Khannie

syklops wrote: »
    Apparently just the Beta is out, and you can only get the beta if you owned Portal before.

When I read your post I was like :D and then I logged into Steam and I was like :confused: and now Im like :(

That is schnaaaeky. Sorry for your troubles.

• Advertisement

Lubuntu 12.04 64 bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,247 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Xubuntu 12.04 LTS 64 bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭bpb101

Nice. Seems like a nice idea for the end user. Makes it difficult for them to make more money though. I suppose they're going to be competing with the next gen consoles which will be tough.

Here comes the mods

Source ask is today released for Linux(and osx)

Phoronix has the story
    www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=MTM5Njc

• Advertisement

CSGO?

SOOOON

the half lifes are out of beta

Source SDK 2013 has been released for Windows, OSX and Linux. First to get full linux support.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭moc moc a moc

Ste_JDM wrote: »
    Cause Call of Duty is a terrible series that lacks serious innovation.

All Call of Duty games prior to Modern Warfare 2 beg to differ.

All Call of Duty games prior to Modern Warfare 2 beg to differ.

This I will agree with.

L4d2 will be soon released for linux

CSGO... PLZ

http://www.l4d.com/blog/post.php?id=11035

Celebrating Left 4 Dead 2’s official release on Linux and America’s Day of Independence, we’re putting L4D2 on sale for a stunning 75% off and it's free to play all weekend!

We know people have a busy weekend ahead of them with BBQs, sack races, blowing fingers off, and other fun summer time activities, so we made it a little more enticing to give it a try this weekend. We are making L4D2 free to play until 10am PST Monday morning.

To all our new Linux players this weekend, Hello.

To our returning players – we are bringing back a special achievement. Good Guy Nick - – “Plays games with free weekend players and helps them survive a campaign.” Who is a free weekend player? You’re going to have to talk to each other to find out or you could always let your friends know Left 4 Dead 2 is out on Linux and is free this weekend. After all, the zombie apocalypse was made to be fought with friends.

All kidding aside, it is going to be dangerous outside this weekend. Stay indoors. Play some L4D2.

Well folks after a lot of re formats countless graphics probems and editing of files ive got our premier title of Left For dead 2 running succesfull on Ubuntu Linux. Averaging at 40ish frames every second. The Game In the Linux Libary is Left for dead 2 (beta) however to a windows associate of mine , i was playing Left for dead 2. The games has bugs , But The graphics seam fine. One Problem, i noticed was when i clicked the middle mouse , which i use for Use key. i had a very quick black flash. Another Problem was a mouse delay , ie , i could send a command to move my mouse , and could notice a delay(this was my major Problem) , Didnt notice it that much with shoting / relaoding however.

One final thing was there was not music in the lobby , (or when attacked i think ) , voices of characters jumping and the famous problems in nearly all linux games , no icon.

Overall , very impressive, The screenshots belows are before i touched up the graphics, the very smal white flaks are controlled in the settings , and can be turned up or down depending , so excuse that issus , i was also running on the wrong ressoultiuon which causes the writing to be smaller then it should . please also excuse that .

regardless of some bug fixes it all worked well

261247.jpg

261248.jpg

261250.jpg

• Advertisement

Half life 2 is working absolutely flawlessly , with a very small lag issues on sound , but very rare. Cant fault this one.

Half Life 2 screen shots

Getting around a constant 60 fps, But getting no lower then 45 for any period of time. Phases of over 100+
    261429.jpg

261430.jpg

261431.jpg

261432.jpg

Pretty. Im getting terrible frames on Left4Dead2.

Hmmm. I bought L4D2 and now it's trying to download 2 of them - one called "Left 4 Dead 2 (Beta)" which is 7.6G and one called "Left 4 Dead 2 Beta" (i.e. no brackets) and it's 11.5G. I presume one of them is a mistake, but which one? Does it need both?

Khannie wrote: »
    Hmmm. I bought L4D2 and now it's trying to download 2 of them - one called "Left 4 Dead 2 (Beta)" which is 7.6G and one called "Left 4 Dead 2 Beta" (i.e. no brackets) and it's 11.5G. I presume one of them is a mistake, but which one? Does it need both?
    well we had left 4 dead 2 beta , but now we have left 4 dead 2 (beta)

left for dead 2 (beta) is a beta version of a l4d2 that is joined with the windows and mac users.
    Download this one only, the other one is not used anymore

Tad late But here is the stats for june

261999.jpg

dota 2 confirmed -faqs
    http://www.dota2.com/thebetaisover/

Summer sale is now on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

In work at the moment and the heat has been keeping me away from my computer at home. Any good titles?

• Advertisement

d31b0y wrote: »
    In work at the moment and the heat has been keeping me away from my computer at home. Any good titles?

There the mobile app

The cs's were on special cs go at 6 quid
    Not much
    Stuff still to go down
    L4d2 was a 5er

Advertisement