Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[2011-2012] What really happened to Madeleine McCann?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

As said im not getting involved in this thread, I spent several months investigating this case, the evidence is out there go look it up for yourself.

When you say "investigating" do you mean "armchair investigating" or were you an actual investigator? (in which case you are in serious trouble)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,261 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Oh...ok then...gawd what paper do you read? I never get that much information from mine ;)
    There's a lot of info on this site http://www.mccannfiles.com/id191.html

Below is a sample ;)
    THE SUSPECTS

Robert Murat is a good suspect. He should be kept on the suspect list (even if not officially) until there is evidence that contradicts his involvement in the disappearance of Maddie or until another person is arrested.

Police should continue investigating for the possibility of another child predator who could have been responsible for the disappearance of Maddie.

The McCanns are good suspects. They were the last people to have been known to see Maddie alive and their behaviors are very concerning. They should stay on the suspect list (even if not officially) until there is evidence that contradicts their involvement in the disappearance of Maddie or until another person is arrested.

Because of the following behaviors, I tend to lean toward the McCanns been involved with the disappearance, and therefore, death of their daughter, Maddie.

THE MCCANNS

They left three very young children unattended while they pursued pleasure for themselves. This is a sign of narcissism and a lack of attachment to one's children.

Both Kate and Gerry speak about Madeleine in a very impersonal and flat manner. Gerry writes nothing personal about Maddie on his blog. Maddie seems more like an abstraction than a real child. This is a sign of lack of normal attachment.

Kate states that the last words of Maddie before she went missing were "Today has been the best day of my life." Maddie's last words are unusual for a three-year-old girl. Kids that young don’t usually have a concept of their "life." "I am having the best time," and "I am having fun" are more normal statements for that age. Next, Kate says Maddie was "very pleased with her life," also an odd comment for an adult to say of her child. Both statements lead me to believe Kate knows Maddie is dead because of her emphasis on the inclusion of the word "life," as though there were a set of parentheses around the first day of her life and the last. Kate may want to convince herself that she gave Maddie a good life, right up until her last day, the best day of her life. Also, it is quite common for people involved in the death of a relative to exaggerate the perfection of their relationship or the last moments to insinuate that nothing negative was going on between the parties and, therefore, nothing untoward could have occurred.

The McCanns have never personally offered the reward on television or posted the reward at the web site. Almost all parents of missing children do this.

If Kate really believes Maddie is alive and being cared for in someone's home, she would make continual direct pleas to the captor for Maddie's return ("Please just drop her off any public location…"). Almost all parents of missing children who believe they are alive will do this.

Neither Kate or Gerry have taken or indicate they will take a polygraph. Parents of missing children do this to clear themselves so the police will not waste time focusing on them.

Kate and Gerry appearances show little fluctuation in emotion (except when they feel they are being accused of drugging Maddie). Neither breaks down and cries or blurts out anything with emotion ("Maddie! We love you, honey! Don't give up! We will find you!" Or "Please give us our Maddie back! Oh my God, please!") Usually in a set of parents, we will see emotions bounce around, one of them falling apart, one becoming angry; with the McCanns their answers are carefully constructed and evenly relayed. Their appearances feel more like performances than parents desperately trying to reach out to their child, the kidnapper or the public. Yes, they are British, but even a stiff-upper lip tends not to look like this under these circumstances.

There are muted flashes of anger, frustration, and annoyance directed from one of the McCanns to the other during their interviews which is very unusual for parents of a missing child. There is a strong feeling of control rather than support between the couple.

Gerry McCann commented in one interview: "In about the middle of June things, about five or six weeks, things were going really very, very quiet and I was actually quite glad of that and I thought we would start to get back to a more normal existence and a quieter form of campaigning, using the Internet and raising and broadening the political issues which have been highlighted to us and I saw that as a long term focus."

For a parent to have any interest in political issues so soon after his child has gone missing when the one and only concern should be finding their loved one, is extremely bizarre. That Gerry should see his long term focus at this point in time as a political one is also very concerning. This statement would be less concerning if a few years had passed and the McCanns, accepting they were likely never to find their daughter, wanted to do something to help others not suffer as they had and to do something in their daughter's name. But, to think this way so early on indicates Gerry believes or knows his daughter is dead and indicates more self-interest than interest in his daughter's welfare.

Gerry's blog focuses very little on Madeleine and more on his and Kate's activities. The cheery quality of the blog and self-centeredness of the content is a sign of disconnect between Gerry and Madeleine and a sign of having moved on as if Gerry knows Maddie is already dead.

Kate states she had trouble sleeping during the first five days after Maddie went missing but has been sleeping fine since. Very few parents of abducted children can sleep very well knowing their child might be in pain, crying, and scared. Kate's ability to sleep infers she is not worrying about Maddie because Maddie is dead already (or has an inability to feel empathy for others).

The quick return to normal activities is unusual for parents of abducted children; most obsess continually and can't think of anything else and have trouble going through the simplest routines of life.

Kate and Gerry left their twins in Portugal while they went to see the Pope. Most parents of abducted children would be paranoid to be away from their other children for fear something would happen to them. Furthermore, to leave your children in the exact location where your other child was taken, whether one had a relative with them or not, is odd for parents who believe the abductor of their missing child is in the very same vicinity.

The McCanns left Portugal as soon as they became Aguidos. If the only reason they were made suspects was a legal one so the police could ask them important questions to help them clear themselves, they should have stayed to continue to help the police put the matter straight and get the focus off of them.

Much of the PR campaign at this point appears to be responding to public opinion and trying to answer their suspicions about the innocence of the McCanns, not finding Madeleine. Even in the latest move, the television appearance of the McCanns did not make a plea to the abductor or send a message to Maddie. It appeared to be a show to prove Kate has emotions. Following the show, an artist's rendition of a supposed suspect was released many months after he was said to have been seen by one of their friends. The release of the picture will be counterproductive to actually finding Maddie, as not only is it based on a very questionable witness sighting, but may have nothing to do with Maddie. Such a picture will only elicit droves of worthless tips and waste police time. This is an unwise choice of strategy unless the purpose is to distract the police from focusing on the McCanns.

It is possible that the McCanns suffer from certain psychiatric designations that causes them behave in a manner which makes then look guilty of involvement in the disappearance of Maddie when in actuality, they had no part in it. For this reason, I can only say, they are good suspects; I cannot label them guilty.

SUMMARY

So, to recap, Madeleine McCann is 99% likely to be dead. My top suspects at this point, based on behavior and what information can be validated, are the McCanns. If I were a criminal profiler working with the police on the case, I would be focusing heavily on them as my investigative focus. However, I would not rule out the possibility of a child predator and, therefore, I would spend a portion of time pursuing leads and information that might prove this possibility to be true, and I would make sure I did not force fit any evidence to match my theories nor ignore any evidence that might point me away from those theories. As new evidence surfaced, I would take this into account, reanalyze the information, and adjust my conclusions accordingly.

I hope we will see progress soon in the investigation of Madeleine McCann's disappearance, so the whole matter can be put the rest and justice will be seen for this little girl and those who love her.

Criminal Profiler Pat Brown

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

There's a lot of info on this site http://www.mccannfiles.com/id191.html

Below is a sample ;)
    THE SUSPECTS

Robert Murat is a good suspect. He should be kept on the suspect list (even if not officially) until there is evidence that contradicts his involvement in the disappearance of Maddie or until another person is arrested.

Police should continue investigating for the possibility of another child predator who could have been responsible for the disappearance of Maddie.

The McCanns are good suspects. They were the last people to have been known to see Maddie alive and their behaviors are very concerning. They should stay on the suspect list (even if not officially) until there is evidence that contradicts their involvement in the disappearance of Maddie or until another person is arrested.

Because of the following behaviors, I tend to lean toward the McCanns been involved with the disappearance, and therefore, death of their daughter, Maddie.

THE MCCANNS

They left three very young children unattended while they pursued pleasure for themselves. This is a sign of narcissism and a lack of attachment to one's children.

Both Kate and Gerry speak about Madeleine in a very impersonal and flat manner. Gerry writes nothing personal about Maddie on his blog. Maddie seems more like an abstraction than a real child. This is a sign of lack of normal attachment.

Kate states that the last words of Maddie before she went missing were "Today has been the best day of my life." Maddie's last words are unusual for a three-year-old girl. Kids that young don’t usually have a concept of their "life." "I am having the best time," and "I am having fun" are more normal statements for that age. Next, Kate says Maddie was "very pleased with her life," also an odd comment for an adult to say of her child. Both statements lead me to believe Kate knows Maddie is dead because of her emphasis on the inclusion of the word "life," as though there were a set of parentheses around the first day of her life and the last. Kate may want to convince herself that she gave Maddie a good life, right up until her last day, the best day of her life. Also, it is quite common for people involved in the death of a relative to exaggerate the perfection of their relationship or the last moments to insinuate that nothing negative was going on between the parties and, therefore, nothing untoward could have occurred.

The McCanns have never personally offered the reward on television or posted the reward at the web site. Almost all parents of missing children do this.

If Kate really believes Maddie is alive and being cared for in someone's home, she would make continual direct pleas to the captor for Maddie's return ("Please just drop her off any public location…"). Almost all parents of missing children who believe they are alive will do this.

Neither Kate or Gerry have taken or indicate they will take a polygraph. Parents of missing children do this to clear themselves so the police will not waste time focusing on them.

Kate and Gerry appearances show little fluctuation in emotion (except when they feel they are being accused of drugging Maddie). Neither breaks down and cries or blurts out anything with emotion ("Maddie! We love you, honey! Don't give up! We will find you!" Or "Please give us our Maddie back! Oh my God, please!") Usually in a set of parents, we will see emotions bounce around, one of them falling apart, one becoming angry; with the McCanns their answers are carefully constructed and evenly relayed. Their appearances feel more like performances than parents desperately trying to reach out to their child, the kidnapper or the public. Yes, they are British, but even a stiff-upper lip tends not to look like this under these circumstances.

There are muted flashes of anger, frustration, and annoyance directed from one of the McCanns to the other during their interviews which is very unusual for parents of a missing child. There is a strong feeling of control rather than support between the couple.

Gerry McCann commented in one interview: "In about the middle of June things, about five or six weeks, things were going really very, very quiet and I was actually quite glad of that and I thought we would start to get back to a more normal existence and a quieter form of campaigning, using the Internet and raising and broadening the political issues which have been highlighted to us and I saw that as a long term focus."

For a parent to have any interest in political issues so soon after his child has gone missing when the one and only concern should be finding their loved one, is extremely bizarre. That Gerry should see his long term focus at this point in time as a political one is also very concerning. This statement would be less concerning if a few years had passed and the McCanns, accepting they were likely never to find their daughter, wanted to do something to help others not suffer as they had and to do something in their daughter's name. But, to think this way so early on indicates Gerry believes or knows his daughter is dead and indicates more self-interest than interest in his daughter's welfare.

Gerry's blog focuses very little on Madeleine and more on his and Kate's activities. The cheery quality of the blog and self-centeredness of the content is a sign of disconnect between Gerry and Madeleine and a sign of having moved on as if Gerry knows Maddie is already dead.

Kate states she had trouble sleeping during the first five days after Maddie went missing but has been sleeping fine since. Very few parents of abducted children can sleep very well knowing their child might be in pain, crying, and scared. Kate's ability to sleep infers she is not worrying about Maddie because Maddie is dead already (or has an inability to feel empathy for others).

The quick return to normal activities is unusual for parents of abducted children; most obsess continually and can't think of anything else and have trouble going through the simplest routines of life.

Kate and Gerry left their twins in Portugal while they went to see the Pope. Most parents of abducted children would be paranoid to be away from their other children for fear something would happen to them. Furthermore, to leave your children in the exact location where your other child was taken, whether one had a relative with them or not, is odd for parents who believe the abductor of their missing child is in the very same vicinity.

The McCanns left Portugal as soon as they became Aguidos. If the only reason they were made suspects was a legal one so the police could ask them important questions to help them clear themselves, they should have stayed to continue to help the police put the matter straight and get the focus off of them.

Much of the PR campaign at this point appears to be responding to public opinion and trying to answer their suspicions about the innocence of the McCanns, not finding Madeleine. Even in the latest move, the television appearance of the McCanns did not make a plea to the abductor or send a message to Maddie. It appeared to be a show to prove Kate has emotions. Following the show, an artist's rendition of a supposed suspect was released many months after he was said to have been seen by one of their friends. The release of the picture will be counterproductive to actually finding Maddie, as not only is it based on a very questionable witness sighting, but may have nothing to do with Maddie. Such a picture will only elicit droves of worthless tips and waste police time. This is an unwise choice of strategy unless the purpose is to distract the police from focusing on the McCanns.

It is possible that the McCanns suffer from certain psychiatric designations that causes them behave in a manner which makes then look guilty of involvement in the disappearance of Maddie when in actuality, they had no part in it. For this reason, I can only say, they are good suspects; I cannot label them guilty.

SUMMARY

So, to recap, Madeleine McCann is 99% likely to be dead. My top suspects at this point, based on behavior and what information can be validated, are the McCanns. If I were a criminal profiler working with the police on the case, I would be focusing heavily on them as my investigative focus. However, I would not rule out the possibility of a child predator and, therefore, I would spend a portion of time pursuing leads and information that might prove this possibility to be true, and I would make sure I did not force fit any evidence to match my theories nor ignore any evidence that might point me away from those theories. As new evidence surfaced, I would take this into account, reanalyze the information, and adjust my conclusions accordingly.

I hope we will see progress soon in the investigation of Madeleine McCann's disappearance, so the whole matter can be put the rest and justice will be seen for this little girl and those who love her.

Criminal Profiler Pat Brown

You're not.

You're not.

LOL :p

I'm just directing you to a site that has a lot of information aboot the case.

I'm not claiming to be a Criminal Profiler :rolleyes:

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

I didn't say you were, but I detest armchair detectives.

• Advertisement

­

• Registered Users Posts: 1,655 ✭✭✭1966

Don't like them myself but you have to admit theres a lot that makes sense in that article. Always found the behaviour / composure of Kate & Gerry very strange considering whats happened.......................stiff upper lip 'n all that but over 5 yrs theres not be any break in their armour when interviewed - still the same "even-keeled" talk?

1966 wrote: »
    Don't like them myself but you have to admit theres a lot that makes sense in that article. Always found the behaviour / composure of Kate & Gerry very strange considering whats happened.......................stiff upper lip 'n all that but over 5 yrs theres not be any break in their armour when interviewed - still the same "even-keeled" talk?

True but as far as I know you cannot judge someone's innocence or involvement on how they "react" to the loss of their daughter (however that may have come about).

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

You're not.
    No response to the actual artical?

I thought it was very well done and he makes a lot of valid points.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

Me, the coldness of the parents as reported many times, leaves some complicatedness, they know exactly what happened, whatever they did, led to a casualty, and whilst they may not have had an active part, it was, nonetheless, a consequence of their actions ~ expected at the time or not, but the eventual outcome had been possible if not probable and unexpected, yet predictable with a prepared storyline in the eventuality of the extreme, no matter how unexpected or sudden.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Oh...ok then...gawd what paper do you read? I never get that much information from mine ;)

I'd say it's that paper that always has headlines like "Elvis spotted in New Mexico trailer park!" and "New proof that JFK was actually abducted by extra terrestrials!"

That's the level of credence I'd give to that theory ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

I don't think this Pat Brown character is either - I think she's a TV 'personality'. Check out her biography - no mention of psychology/psychiatry qualifications at all, or even of serious police work - just TV, sensationalist books, and a law qualification:
    Pat Brown is a nationally known criminal profiler, television commentator, author, and founder and CEO of The Sexual Homicide Exchange and The Pat Brown Criminal Profiling Agency.

Pat has provided crime commentary and profiling and forensic analysis in over one thousand television and radio appearances in the United States and across the globe. She can be seen regularly on the cable television news programs, CNN, MSNBC and FOX, and is a frequent guest of the Today Show, the CBS Early Show, Larry King, Inside Edition, Nancy Grace, Issues with Jane Velez-Mitchell, Joy Behar, and America's Most Wanted. For four seasons, Pat Brown profiled crimes on the weekly Court TV crime show, I, Detective. Criminal Profiler Pat Brown is the host of the 2004 Discovery Channel documentary, The Mysterious Death of Cleopatra. In the spring of 2006, Pat went inside one of Florida's maximum-security prisons to interview a child murderer for the Discovery Channel series, Evil Minds. In 2010 she profiled a new Jack the Ripper suspect for Investigation Discovery's Mystery Files. She is the author of The Profiler: My Life Hunting Serial Killers and Psychpaths (Hyperion Voice 2010) and Killing for Sport: Inside the Minds of Serial Killers (Phoenix Books 2003), and is a contract writer for Crime Library. Pat contributed special feature content included in the 2005 home DVD edition of Profiler: Season Two and the 15th Anniversary Edition, 2006 DVD release of Quentin Tarantino's crime classic, Reservoir Dogs.

Through The Sexual Homicide Exchange, Pat offers pro bono criminal profiling and training for law enforcement and she provides profiling consultation to attorneys, families, and producers through The Pat Brown Criminal Profiling Agency. Pat Brown holds a Master's Degree in Criminal Justice from Boston University and developed the first Criminal Profiling and Investigative Analysis certificate program in the country for Excelsior College. Pat is the founder and director of The Society for Investigative Criminal Profiling, an organization working to promote criminal profiling as a major tool in police investigations.

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Sappa

There was a man on the Derek Mooney show a few weeks back who trains these cadaver dogs to work with the PSNI or there UK counterparts.
    He said he has dogs that can detect a body 30 metres under water such is the power of there snout,they can track one scent through a town centre for 1.5 miles without breaking that scent.
    Those dogs do not get it wrong,they have an ability beyond our comprehension at times with there amazing snout.
    The dogs in the McCann case have a proven track record and they knew what they were looking for and they found it,that smell from the boot of the mccanns car was not a piece of bacon but the scent of a cadaver.

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭opti76

RoboClam wrote: »
    "Good" psychics like Sylvia Browne? She performed wonders in that Shawn Hornbeck case after all.

In 2002, Browne told Gwendolyn Krewson that her daughter Holly, who had been missing for seven years, was living in Hollywood, California and working as an exotic dancer in a nightclub.[37] In 2006, dental records were used to positively identify a body found in 1996 in San Diego, California as that of Holly Krewson.[37]

Browne stated that Ryan Katcher, a nineteen-year-old who disappeared during the night in November 2000 in Illinois, had been murdered and could be found in an iron mine shaft a few miles away from the Katcher home.[37] Katcher was later found in his truck in a pond in Illinois and had died of drowning.[49]

In 1999, Browne told Audrey Sanderford that her six year old granddaughter Opal Jo Jennings had been taken from Tarrant County, Texas to Japan and forced into "slavery" in a town she named as "Kukouro" or "Kukoura".[37] No such town exists in Japan. In August of the same year, Richard Lee Franks was arrested and charged with Jennings' abduction and murder; he was convicted the next year. Jennings' remains were found in December 2003, and autopsy revealed that she had died from trauma to the head within hours of being abducted.[7]

In 2002, Browne told Lynda McClelland's daughters that their mother had been abducted by a man with the initials "MJ" and taken to Orlando, Florida but that she was still alive.[37] McClelland's body was found buried less than two miles from her home in Pennsylvania. The man charged[50] and convicted[51] for the murder was David Repasky, McClelland's son-in-law. He had been present for the reading.

In 2003, Browne claimed that eleven year old Shawn Hornbeck had been abducted by a very tall man with long black dreadlocks and a blue sedan, and that his body could be found near two large, jagged boulders in a wooded area about 20 miles southwest of Richwoods.[7] Her claims led to numerous people calling in with tips regarding possible spottings of the rock formations Browne had mentioned.[52][53] Hornbeck was found alive four years later, having been abducted by a white man with short brown hair who drove a small white Nissan pickup. Browne told the New York Daily News, "I'm terribly sorry that this happened, but I think my body of work stands by itself. I've broken case after case...I think it's cruel to jump on this one case in which I was wrong."[54]

In 2006, Browne told the fiancée of murder victim Robert Hayes that he had been robbed by a man at a casino for his poker winnings and that there was video evidence.[37] However, police later revealed that Hayes was having an affair and was robbed by the woman and three other people in a setup at an ATM.[37] There were no press reports about him going to a casino or playing poker.[37] She predicted the crime would take a "good two years" to resolve, but the case and trial happened within a year of Hayes's death.[37]

In January 2007, Anderson Cooper reported on Browne's 2003 claims and interviewed the Hornbeck parents, Randi, and Browne critic Robert S. Lancaster. Browne declined to be interviewed. Hornbeck’s parents, Pam and Craig Akers, reported that in order to “talk to [Browne] additionally,” they would have had to pay her standard fee. Craig Akers recalled the standard fee as $700 for one hour. Browne’s business manager issued a statement denying that Browne has ever charged a fee for her work on a missing person’s case.[55]

In August 2007 ,the Montel Williams Show was awarded The Truly Terrible Television (TTTV) Award for peddling pseudoscience and superstition to its audience for every episode that has showcased Sylvia Browne. Other winners have been Psychic Detectives, Paranormal State and SciFi's Ghost Hunters.[56]

In June 2008, Ofcom ruled that ITV2 "breached standards with a repeat of the Montel Williams Show in which a 'desperate' couple were told by a psychic their missing son was dead - even though he turned up alive last year."[57] The ruling concerned "breaching rule 2.1 of the Broadcasting Code, which relates to protecting viewers against offensive material."

On December 29, 2009 at the Gibson Amphitheater at Universal Studios Los Angeles, skeptic and mentalist Mark Edward approached the microphone during the question portion of Sylvia Browne's show and said he had been hearing voices in his head, they were giving him the names...Opal Jo Jennings...Terrence Farrell...Holly Krewson and the Sago Miners. Browne could not tell that he was lying and explained that the voices were his spirit guides.[58]

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭KingMonkey

they did it,worse still tried to profit from their actions after the fact...i remember reading an article which said that they had used funds to pay for mortgage repayments on their house,but was stated that it was only a "couple of times" and it was all "in the rules"?? they will be exposed yet..truth will come out eventually

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Sappa

KingMonkey wrote: »
    they did it,worse still tried to profit from their actions after the fact...i remember reading an article which said that they had used funds to pay for mortgage repayments on their house,but was stated that it was only a "couple of times" and it was all "in the rules"?? they will be exposed yet..truth will come out eventually
    It's there cold demeanour that alarms me the most, they are fantastic method actors staying in character this long,it shows you how driven they are fail at no cost just like there careers and they even manage to turn a profit out of it.
    Every night they have to live with the truth and I think we will possibly never find a body as they are too calculated for this to happen,the police also know this but the tabloids love filling empty papers to feed the myth of madeline spotting around the globe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭maebee

The fund also paid for top extradition lawyers. Also, the fund is not a charity. It's a registered company, set up within a week of Madeleine's disappearance, when Gerry was talking about a yearly (anniversary) event to keep up awareness. He obviously knew she wouldn't be found anytime soon. So sad.

maebee wrote: »
    The fund also paid for top extradition lawyers. Also, the fund is not a charity.It's a registered company, set up within a week of Madeleine's disappearance,when Gerry was talking about a yearly (anniversary) event to keep up awareness.He obviously knew she wouldn't be found anytime soon.

just read this on breaking news.ie

http://www.breakingnews.ie/world/detectives-examine-madeleine-body-claim-558057.html

"Self-styled investigator Stephen Birch has said ground radar scans he took in Praia da Luz last week show a burial site"

its not looking good for the mccanns at the moment :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

its not looking good for the mccanns at the moment :/

I would not read it this way, don't see how anyone could make this conclusion. As a follower of the case, you'll know a few excavations took place already and the remains were animal.

I await the next chapter.

gbee wrote: »
    I would not read it this way, don't see how anyone could make this conclusion. As a follower of the case, you'll know a few excavations took place already and the remains were animal.

I await the next chapter.

thanks for the update....how much are they paying you? haha

(all views are my own and may or may not correlate to that of other people)

• Advertisement

Heres a link to an interesting theory on the case, it gives an account of how the body was moved -

http://unterdenteppichgekehrt.blogspot.com/p/theory-english.html
    Interesting article, well thought out. I'm a little confused about some thngs though. Like how it claims that they hid the body overnight and for the next day, yet there is a photo of her on her last day (maybe they jigged the date on the camera). Also, the thing about signing her in and out of creche - how would they get away with this without actually bringing her? And if a child is signed in, and staff do not, throughout the course of the day, see that she's not there, what kind of creche is that? Just wondering. Sick at the mo and head is fuzzled as be-damned so not really thinking right, maybe I'm missing something lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Eddie101

Interesting article, well thought out. I'm a little confused about some thngs though. Like how it claims that they hid the body overnight and for the next day, yet there is a photo of her on her last day (maybe they jigged the date on the camera). Also, the thing about signing her in and out of creche - how would they get away with this without actually bringing her? And if a child is signed in, and staff do not, throughout the course of the day, see that she's not there, what kind of creche is that? Just wondering. Sick at the mo and head is fuzzled as be-damned so not really thinking right, maybe I'm missing something lol

Why would 7 people risk their futures and those of their family to cover up an accidental death? As parents themselves why would they deny Madeleine the right to a proper funeral? I have my doubts that Gerry would stand by Kate if something happened on her shift.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

that is just a theory, i still think the parents are innocent, and i have a great feeling that maddie is still alive, i look forward to the day she is found, hope it is very soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭starfish90

I can see why everyone thinks the parents did it but surely they wouldn't be so public about it,writing books and bringing up new appeals to find her if they did?I would say that the more publicity you get for it,the more likely you'll get caught if you did do it..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

also remember that person who killed holly and jessica, from what i remember, it was an expert in body language that pinpointed him, seeing him show up on interviews on telly and among those looking for those two schoolgirls, he was the school janitor.

and more recent the parents of the six who died in the fire, were also looking rather fake,

but the mccannes have been very different all the way through, you could see that their only wish, is to have their lovely little maddie back with them,
    i do wish someone just decided to drop her off at a police station, school or hospital and ask her to tell that she is the missing maddie,

the mccannes are trained to save lives, not take a life.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭token101

goat2 wrote: »
    also remember that person who killed holly and jessica, from what i remember, it was an expert in body language that pinpointed him, seeing him show up on interviews on telly and among those looking for those two schoolgirls, he was the school janitor.

and more recent the parents of the six who died in the fire, were also looking rather fake,

but the mccannes have been very different all the way through, you could see that their only wish, is to have their lovely little maddie back with them,
    i do wish someone just decided to drop her off at a police station, school or hospital and ask her to tell that she is the missing maddie,

the mccannes are trained to save lives, not take a life.

What has that got to do with anything? Just because they are doctors they are incapable of doing something like this? Surely somewhere along the way it would also have factored into their training, or their common sense, that leaving 3 kids under 6 unsupervised in a room while you go drinking is grossly negligent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Eddie101

starfish90 wrote: »
    I can see why everyone thinks the parents did it but surely they wouldn't be so public about it,writing books and bringing up new appeals to find her if they did?I would say that the more publicity you get for it,the more likely you'll get caught if you did do it..

You have a good point, starfish. But publicity doesn't mask the holes in their stories. I think most people don't look past the McCann image. I have concerns about how they use the media and their behaviour. And I have concerns about their story especially after reading the book.

But to me the abduction story doesn't stack up. There wasn't a mark on the "jemmied" shutter and forensics proved nobody climbed out the window. Both the police and the travel company stated there was no break in yet the couple still claim it publicly, unchallenged. Who would abduct a child under the watchful eye of the dad who was chatting with a buddy in a narrow street directly outside the door? And how did he miss both the bundleman sighting and also Jane Tanner who walked right by him?

To me every time this couple open their mouths they dig a bigger hole for themselves yet everything seems to go unchallenged.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭pokerface_me

Scotland yard Detectives are examining an extraordinary claim that Madeleine McCann's body is buried near the holiday apartment from where she vanished.
    A self-styled investigator has sent police ground radar scans he claims show a burial site.
    Stephen Birch says he took the scans last week in Praia da Luz, the Portuguese holiday resort where Madeleine disappeared five years ago.
    He passed them to Scotland Yard detectives who are carrying out an investigative review of the case.
    They have asked him for more information to help them interpret the scan results and the "raw data" the machine collected.
    He has also sent the material to Portuguese police who abandoned their search for Madeleine 15 months after she disappeared.
    Mr Birch, a commercial property developer in South Africa, admits he is "obsessed" with the Madeleine mystery.
    He claims to have spent £40,000 on buying the ground-penetrating scanner and being trained in its use.
    He said: "All I want to do is solve the mystery and bring closure to Madeleine's family. I am convinced she lies where I have scanned.
    "I've had the scans analysed and they show digging, a void and what could be human bones."
    Scotland Yard said it would always consider any new potential evidence and pass it on to the Portuguese authorities.
    Earlier this year the detective in charge of the review said he believed there was a chance Madeleine was still alive.
    She was nearly four when she disappeared without trace from the apartment in May 2007.
    Despite dozens of potential sightings around the world no credible evidence has emerged to indicate whether she is alive or dead.
    Her parents Kate and Gerry McCann believe she is still alive and would not comment on Mr Birch's claims.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Mistyeyes321

Scotland yard Detectives are examining an extraordinary claim that Madeleine McCann's body is buried near the holiday apartment from where she vanished.
    A self-styled investigator has sent police ground radar scans he claims show a burial site.
    Stephen Birch says he took the scans last week in Praia da Luz, the Portuguese holiday resort where Madeleine disappeared five years ago.
    He passed them to Scotland Yard detectives who are carrying out an investigative review of the case.
    They have asked him for more information to help them interpret the scan results and the "raw data" the machine collected.
    He has also sent the material to Portuguese police who abandoned their search for Madeleine 15 months after she disappeared.
    Mr Birch, a commercial property developer in South Africa, admits he is "obsessed" with the Madeleine mystery.
    He claims to have spent £40,000 on buying the ground-penetrating scanner and being trained in its use.
    He said: "All I want to do is solve the mystery and bring closure to Madeleine's family. I am convinced she lies where I have scanned.
    "I've had the scans analysed and they show digging, a void and what could be human bones."
    Scotland Yard said it would always consider any new potential evidence and pass it on to the Portuguese authorities.
    Earlier this year the detective in charge of the review said he believed there was a chance Madeleine was still alive.
    She was nearly four when she disappeared without trace from the apartment in May 2007.
    Despite dozens of potential sightings around the world no credible evidence has emerged to indicate whether she is alive or dead.
    Her parents Kate and Gerry McCann believe she is still alive and would not comment on Mr Birch's claims.

Thank-You for posting this, How interesting!:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 overdrive1979

I don't know what could happened to her, but I'm guessing why some few disappearances to children turn to breaking news way quickly whereas most children disappearances don't go public anymore.

I have read a lot of Alcasser girls case, a weird crime that happened in Spain back in 1992 and it became public way quickly also within the early days to their disappearance, whereas there was another multiple crime to teenagers also that didn't become to public so much.

Then some investigators from Spain tried to research and highlithing Alcasser girls case and noticed how wrong the official story was by creating two scapegoats (just Antonio Anglés and Miguel Ricart) to covered the real murders, and even something points to richest businessmen trying to blackmail the Spanish government.

I'm guessing if it was the same with Madeleine because I remember very well how such case became public everywhere within the first days to her disappearance.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement