Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

The "Today I did something to my car" thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭PaulKK

kiwipower wrote: »
    Interested,
    Never new you should replace bulbs in pairs, my mechanic never does.
    I have a 07 F*?£ Focus, eats bulbs for breakfast lunch and dinner, sometimes they dont even last a day!
    Would go through a mint if I changed two at a time!

Yea, in theory if you replace one brake light for example, one will be brighter than another, as one is new and one is old.

Same as the headlights, you might get a different level of brightness/slightly different colour from a mix of new and old.

I always keep the odd one as a spare in the glove box and put in a new pair if one goes. Replaced them the other night in fact because the nearside bulb went.

If you are blowing bulbs that often methinks you have some electrical issues, bad contact maybe or wire earthing somewhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Top Dog

mrs crilly wrote: »
    Aw i love playing the will it wont it game!
    Its all well and good when you've a second vehicle in the driveway should you need a jump-start ;) (the one downside to owning an auto I've found is that you can't bump-start them :o) but since we're now a single vehicle household again for the foreseeable future, I don't think my neighbours would appreciate me knocking on their door at 6am when I need to be leaving for work :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Whoops, zee filters,

Untitled-2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

I changed my pollen filter lately, it was bad but nowhere near that bad! The biggest difference seems to during the evening. Nearly all other cars have fogged up windows but mine are clear

I changed my pollen filter lately, it was bad but nowhere near that bad! The biggest difference seems to during the evening. Nearly all other cars have fogged up windows but mine are clear

Yeah, the power out of my vents is at least ten times stronger than they were before! Delighted!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Whoops, zee filters,

Untitled-2.jpg

That's your CABIN filter?! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭Fiona

Top Dog wrote: »
    Its all well and good when you've a second vehicle in the driveway should you need a jump-start ;)I don't think my neighbours would appreciate me knocking on their door at 6am when I need to be leaving for work :eek:

Ah yes i know that feeling! My alternator went last year so i am a pro a lump starting my car!

That's your CABIN filter?! :eek:

Yup, it was absolutely disgusting to be honest. It was nearly greasey with dirt!

Heating is improved indescribably, just the general airflow.

Cost of filter €11.63 including vat. All that's need to change it is a Philips head screw driver!

Funny thing is, I looked up a video on youtube to see where it was and how to change it, and it said drivers side, and take out the screws. So I went out to mine, no screws just a plastic panel, balls says I. I went about taking off the wipers and then it clicked that the video was for a left hand drive one :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,666 ✭✭✭mondeo

Must check my cabin filter, it's somthing I have always kind of over looked. That filter as per above post is a real shocker though. I have never seen one that bad before. Jaysus :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭Nissan doctor

mondeo wrote: »
    Must check my cabin filter, it's somthing I have always kind of over looked. That filter as per above post is a real shocker though. I have never seen one that bad before. Jaysus :D

You'd be surprised how many come out like that. I've often had to hoover the footwell of a customers car because of the amount of dirt and leaves etc that fall out when you remove the filter!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭phoenix_nights2

I retracted my soft-top for the 1st time today..

2011-12-08_10-59-11_504.jpg

2011-12-08_10-59-31_892.jpg

2011-12-08_15-09-59_620.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,730 ✭✭✭E39MSport

Love it - all you need now is some Lions and Tigers 'nsh1t :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

All the gas decided to make a run for it and get out of my aircon system, so I regassed it yesterday and included a UV leak dye. Have to wait for it to leak out again, and then go over it with a UV light to see where the dye is escaping from. PITA as the whole front of the car had to come off.

184369.JPG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,864 ✭✭✭langdang

Go Horatio go!

how much did the rehydrant cost you Owen?
    one job i never got round to doing since i got this astra was refill the aircon gas.

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    I dont know why but I have a soft spot for SMARTS. I would love a Brabus Roaster as a weekend car.

If you're down in Cork sometime, you're welcome to take a spin in mine. The normal Brabus - ForTwo or Roadster's only about 74 horsepower, the later Roadster 99. Mine's up around 120 ish :D

The guy who has the machine owes me a favour or two, so I didn't pay, but the gas isn't cheap as far as I'm aware. I'll be paying for the second recharge once the leak is found - so I'll update it here then for you. Should be Wednesday or thereabouts.

i can get it on partconnexion for 70e from an Opel Garage which im led to believe is very good

That sounds pretty good!!

i can get it on partconnexion for 70e from an Opel Garage which im led to believe is very good

http://www.halfords.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_11101_catalogId_15551_productId_201507_langId_-1_categoryId_212466

• Advertisement

The genuine opel one is the same price so might aswel choose that :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Sat nav should be waiting for me at home tomorrow...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

EPM wrote: »
    Sat nav should be waiting for me at home tomorrow...

Must.....resist......obligatory......boot.....joke!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

Must.....resist......obligatory......boot.....joke!!!!

Good choice, EPM and TestTransmission hate those jokes these days... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

You can guarantee to get a months banning from motors ;D.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

166man wrote: »
    Good choice, EPM hates those jokes these days... :D

So do I

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

How big is the boot on them anyway?

Like, could you put the GPS reciever in there out of the way?

1a6919d1ab81e55ac20dc3094cd3befe-orig

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

Tallon wrote: »
    How big is the boot on them anyway?

Like, could you put the GPS reciever in there out of the way?

Right that's it a ban for you for about 500 years because that's roughly the size of the Octavias boot in litres...:D :D

guys guys guys, i love a joke more than most in this depressing country, but those jokes are so terribly sad

• Advertisement

guys guys guys, i love a joke more than most in this depressing country, but those jokes are so terribly sad

Yep, awful, 1 in 12 approx are half funny in a sad sort of way.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement