Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

The "Today I did something to my car" thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,383 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

You need an osram 66040 I think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭ottostreet

Where did you find that? I should really just PM optical illusion and ask her what she has! Does the GPVR use different bulbs or something!

• Registered Users Posts: 73,383 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Martin was fixing his before

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭ottostreet

Just googled that, it does look like the bulb housing will line up with the headlight housing. I'll get a decent look tomorrow in the daylight again. I'll actually take a photo of the back of the headlight so you can see what I mean!

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭privateBeavis

Removed the VRS badages at the weekend. They came off easy enough, just heated a bit with a hair dryer. This works well on the rear one as its just stuck onto the painted panel with some kind of soft glue. The front is plastic on plastic so the glue it as hard as the plastic, so I'm not sure the heating actually did anything. But it snapped off in one piece anyway and was able to lightly scrap of any remaining glue using the VRS badge itself!
    Front:
    197236.jpg

Back:
    197237.jpg

Maybe I'll put the badges on ebay :D any takers...
    197238.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

i think Gary needs one for the back of the Civic :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 588 ✭✭✭Rolli

Removed the VRS badages at the weekend. They came off easy enough, just heated a bit with a hair dryer. This works well on the rear one as its just stuck onto the painted panel with some kind of soft glue. The front is plastic on plastic so the glue it as hard as the plastic, so I'm not sure the heating actually did anything. But it snapped off in one piece anyway and was able to lightly scrap of any remaining glue using the VRS badge itself!

Can I ask why you took them off?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Serviced the little Smart for the last time today, nice new Pipercross airfilter and some high quality 5w30 fully synth. Lubed up the Clutch and Gearshift actuators, and repaired the small crack in the bumper that was there when I bought it. Also focused the headlights and checked emmissions. Next week is a pair of front tyres and it's NCT before it goes to its new home.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,506 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Rolli wrote: »

Or why did you buy a vRS in the 1st place :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Today i changed all my interior bulbs, to bright white led bulbs have to say delighted with the results its the little things that make the difference.

Unlike Vectras pics a few pages back I havent got the camera to show it off properly :D.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Today i changed all my interior bulbs, to bright white led bulbs have to say delighted with the results its the little things that make the difference.

Unlike Vectras pics a few pages back I havent got the camera to show it off properly :D.

Where did you get the new ones?

Where did you get the new ones?

Bought them off ebay bought a few spares aswell since they were cheap enough. Bought 3 x 31mm canbus xenon white bulbs and 8 x 501 smd led hid xenon white bulbs.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

These are spares i had for my Golf that i don't need/want to free up a bit of cash.

Kurbed, so i hit them with a bit of sandpaper and paint brush.

IMG_6571.jpg

And after

IMG_6573.jpg

i put the paint on thick, so when it's rock hard dry i can compound it back and it should look a lot better. When they're on a car it'll be very hard notice the difference.

Any camera is better than none :P

• Registered Users Posts: 9,662 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

New roller door installed in me warehouse, finally, 1500sq feet to work on the buses in comfort!

garage.jpg

vectra wrote: »
    Any camera is better than none :P

:pac: I might have a go over the weekend see what If I can come up with any decent pics :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Chuck_Norris

Just outta curiosity, what game are you in voodoo? Just bein a nosy begged really? PM if you'd rather.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

:pac: I might have a go over the weekend see what If I can come up with any decent pics :o

You should go to the meet instead ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭Johntegr

It's their car....
    vectra wrote: »
    Or why did you buy a vRS in the 1st place :confused:
    I should hope there's an awful lot more that makes a vRS than it's badges.

Johntegr wrote: »
    It's their car....

So...?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

New roller door installed in me warehouse, finally, 1500sq feet to work on the buses in comfort!

What's the story with the 5er?

Johntegr wrote: »
    It's their car....

Could have bought a 140 L&K

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

So...?

It's their car, they can do what they please, like the 4/5 different ones you were meant to buy there a few months ago.

What's wrong with asking a genuine question? FFS

• Registered Users Posts: 9,662 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    What's the story with the 5er?

Mates 525i. Will have a Focus ST availing of the space too no doubt.

What's wrong with asking a genuine question? FFS

You mean like all these "genuine" questions you asked before?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=76194228&postcount=12

You mean like all these "genuine" questions you asked before?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=76194228&postcount=12

You know what? fúck you, you cúnt. I asked a fúcking honest, genuine question and you start throwing abuse at me, and I wasn't the only person to ask the question.

You know what? fúck you, you cúnt. I asked a fúcking honest, genuine question and you start throwing abuse at me, and I wasn't the only person to ask the question.

Nice knowing ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Compton

he's clearly going for the 'sleeper' look with the VRs :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭Johntegr

Compton wrote: »
    he's clearly going for the 'sleeper' look with the VRs :D
    I don't get it. There's a lot of differences between an Octy and a vRS Octy but when people de-badge their vRS, others give out.

If someone debadges an RS or S series Audi, everyone loves it. I don't get it. It's the same essence really. Personally I prefer the vRS de-badged.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement