Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

The "Today I did something to my car" thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Gary ITR wrote: »
    My oil pump failed today :/ Thankfully I killed the engine straight away and no damage was done. Stripped the car and replaced it and then fit an oil pressure gauge

Also put her track shoes on for a blast round the track tomorrow afternoon! :D

Jaysus man, you seem to be having some bad luck lately! Hope it doesn't happen again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

My oil pump failed today :/ Thankfully I killed the engine straight away and no damage was done. Stripped the car and replaced it and then fit an oil pressure gauge

Do you ever do any real work for Urban or just get paid to mess with your car?

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

EPM wrote: »

To be fair to him, he did say in (I think this) thread that customers' cars keep getting in the way of his!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,805 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

EPM wrote: »

Well I'm spending the day at the track tomorrow pimping for business :D

Jaysus man, you seem to be having some bad luck lately! Hope it doesn't happen again!

Ah it's all part of the fun and games :D

• Advertisement

Well I'm spending the day at the track tomorrow pimping for business :D

Jammy git

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Thatnastyboy

Use Holts tar remover to easily get rid of the residue ;)

Great!! I was getting a bit worried about what will take it off, rubbing it vigorously with my finger definitly didn't work! :P

I'll pick up a bottle tomorrow thanks a million Sir! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,506 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Christ..!!
    That could have been costly

• Registered Users Posts: 9,699 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

Today I stripped everything out of the EK4 except the two front seats, dash and carpet ready for the track tomorrow! Also put two new T1R's on the front for the corners :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

To be fair to him, he did say in (I think this) thread that customers' cars keep getting in the way of his!

Last day I was in Urban my car couldn't get up on a ramp cause his was in the way!

• Advertisement

Last day I was in Urban my car couldn't get up on a ramp cause his was in the way!

I was getting into a hairdressers car

I was getting into a hairdressers car

Yeah Milano Pink is a hairdressers colour isn't it? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Today I....
    254647_10150734616845176_805400175_20116410_3960889_n.jpg

Painted the front half of my car white :L

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Compton

Today I....

Thats got too be a joke surely?

Haha it's not, crappy blackberry picture... The rest is going white tomorrow don't worry ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,506 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Stuck my front number plate back on after my neighbour pointed out to me it was hanging off :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Got another step done in kitting out the removable tool storage in the back of the Smart. All the ply is cut to size now, sometime over the weekend I'll go gluing, screwing, nailing and routing things to make it all perty.

Made the fatal mistake of taking on a campervan to paint over the last 3 weeks. Complete restoration. Never again. Never. Ever. Again.

Owen wrote: »

Made the fatal mistake of taking on a campervan to paint over the last 3 weeks. Complete restoration. Never again. Never. Ever. Again.

Subcontract it out to LimerickMan ;)

RoverJames wrote: »
    Subcontract it out to LimerickMan ;)

LOL I've enough sanding and painting to last me a life time, thank you very much!

Today I drove the tits out of my car around a track! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭robbie_998

Trip down to the local B&Q today.... "hello HR, one staff discount card please. woo hoo byeee" :D

car cleaning aisle ... Car wash, Sponge, 5 super duper Cloths, Wax, Tyre "Wet n' Black, Wheel Cleaner and Dash Cleaner.

Bucket + water + hoover and presto never seen the Honda looking so clean.

Cleaned the alloys that i thought were meant to be Grey ..... nope :pac:

looking show room perfect.

Decided to wash the vectra too... dear god the amount of dirt... only wish i took before and after pictures :eek:

again never seen the vectra looking so clean.

fairly proud of myself now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

robbie_998 wrote: »
    Trip down to the local B&Q today.... "hello HR, one staff discount card please. woo hoo byeee" :D

car cleaning aisle ... Car wash, Sponge, 5 super duper Cloths, Wax, Tyre "Wet n' Black, Wheel Cleaner and Dash Cleaner.

Bucket + water + hoover and presto never seen the Honda looking so clean.

Cleaned the alloys that i thought were meant to be Grey ..... nope :pac:

looking show room perfect.

Decided to wash the vectra too... dear god the amount of dirt... only wish i took before and after pictures :eek:

again never seen the vectra looking so clean.

fairly proud of myself now :)

You don't want to use a sponge and you also want 2 buckets

You don't want to use a sponge and you also want 2 buckets

quality car sponge ? :confused:

although any tips and advice i would love to hear... wanna keep my car looking cool :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

robbie_998 wrote: »
    quality car sponge ? :confused:

although any tips and advice i would love to hear... wanna keep my car looking cool :)

Sponges are the devil. Try the 2 bucket method.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Washing a car with a sponge and posting it up here is a bad idea. It holds dirt and causes alot of swirl marks on your paint. Google the two bucket car wash method.

ah... i didnt get swirls or anything though.. i used lots of water with the mix thing and did it in separate parts.

the one thing i was looking at while in B&Q was the JML spray on wipe off thing.... looks tempting but i dont trust it :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Today I....

Weird, I actually really like that look.

Found my stash of Meguairs products that I assumed were gone. Was too lazy to do a proper clay bar on it but it still came up well enough:D

33b669b2.jpg

97176a20.jpg

24974c58.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Compton

looks well EPM, what camera did you use?

• Advertisement

shblob wrote: »
    looks well EPM, what camera did you use?

Mobile phone:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement