Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WrestleMania 28 - Miami Flights

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,785 ✭✭✭Kane-N-Nite

What date you leave?

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭A.B. Dangerously

What date you leave?

Leaving on the 26th, gonna spend 4 nights in South Beach and then move to WWE's package hotels, then coming home on Tuesday 3rd April.

I'm going a day later going & returning.

I'm going a day later going & returning.

We were going to stay an extra night and try to go to SmackDown, then we noticed from previous years that SD was in a different city or state to RAW and Mania, so thought not to bother. Also saves us checking into a 3rd hotel. BA still has some good prices on flights from Heathrow direct to MIA.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

What airlines/websites have people booked flights through? The cheapest I've been quoted is €540 return with US Airways from Dublin. Not mad keen on flying with them either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,341 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

G-Money wrote: »
    What airlines/websites have people booked flights through? The cheapest I've been quoted is €540 return with US Airways from Dublin. Not mad keen on flying with them either.

us air are not too bad, havent flown with them transatlantic but have a few times internally, the thing i would be most worried about is aer lingus and british airways going on strike AGAIN :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Hendo9

As ive said on here already, if the opportunity is there to go via Delta, id do that... I used them for London-Atlanta, then Atlanta-New York then New York-London this year for Mania, and a trip afterwards, and they were helpful, comfy, friendly airlines, better than others ive been on.

In contrast, a friend of mine went on Continental during a trip to the US a few weeks back, and they messed his group around immensely

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 AdamJW

Quick question if anyone can help.

In your experience, is there any particular month that would be the cheapest time to book the flights? Or best to book as early as possible?

I plan on saving for flights and getting them from November onwards. But if neccessary will get them earlier.

I didn't book them, but this year, about two or three weeks before WM there were still very reasonably priced flights with Delta from Dublin to Atlanta. Less than €500 I think return.

Although I usually prefer to book flights sooner rather than later if I am going somewhere.

Okay thanks for your reply.

I will try to book as soon as possible then. I'm going from Manchester myself. I looked about 3 weeks ago and flights were around £380 with 1 stop. Now showing at around £400 with 2 stops :(

Hopefully others with 1 stop will show up again in the coming months.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Barcelonafan

Do you think I shud book the flights soon or wait until say January..iv heard prices drop at new year??any advice

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭LiamBro

Thomson were selling flights today for £400 from London to Miami with no stops, i know a lad who bought some today but he actually went into the travel agents. Worth getting quotes in the actual shop and seeing if it differs from online.

AdamJW wrote: »
    Okay thanks for your reply.

I will try to book as soon as possible then. I'm going from Manchester myself. I looked about 3 weeks ago and flights were around £380 with 1 stop. Now showing at around £400 with 2 stops :(

Hopefully others with 1 stop will show up again in the coming months.

Mate, it may be worth you looking at flights from Heathrow. Just a thought.

Yeah just had a quick look now - would make things easier and cheaper for the flights.

It's just getting down there. Although with the money saved by going from Heathrow, could use that on driving down and airport parking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Simon Only

Booked my flights this week, Tuesday 27th - Tuesday 3rd.

Total was £380 return on BA, and these are both direct flights.

Damn good deal I thought!

Through Expedia if anyone wants to try get the same.

Is it better/a lot cheaper to get flights from Dublin to london to Miami or is it not worth the hassle

• Registered Users Posts: 11,341 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Is it better/a lot cheaper to get flights from Dublin to london to Miami or is it not worth the hassle

depends on how good of a flyer you are, doing dublin to london then onto the states is no problem for most people, its during the day/morning you are fresh, however its on the way back that gets alot of people, travelling all night and then passing ireland only to have to come back again, the last flight back into dublin can be tough

i got dublin to san francisco via london for 300 euro return (march 2010) in that situation it was worth the hassle because i was saving upwards of 200euro but for 50-75euro it might not be worth it

Tanx man..any recommended airlines to chose for going from dublin??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

rossie1977 wrote: »
    depends on how good of a flyer you are, doing dublin to london then onto the states is no problem for most people, its during the day/morning you are fresh, however its on the way back that gets alot of people, travelling all night and then passing ireland only to have to come back again, the last flight back into dublin can be tough

i got dublin to san francisco via london for 300 euro return (march 2010) in that situation it was worth the hassle because i was saving upwards of 200euro but for 50-75euro it might not be worth it

Very true do it on most of my flights back from the US dragging yourself through Heathrow early in the morning though securityand pointless biometrics checks is a killer,Then the hour back to Ireland can nearly feel as bad as the 7-9 hour flight you were just on,All said though I find Heathrow easy to connect in though from Cork

When is the best time to book flights???should I wait until maybe the new year

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 dstnatnunknwn

Hey guys, I'm new to the board but i have been reading all of your guys suggestions and such, and thank you so much! I have learned alot. this is my 2nd WM but my first traveling. I am coming from Houston and my buddy is coming from Detroit. We both already booked our flights. Both were under 300 usd. We wanted to book as early as possible as you may want to too, due to the fact that spring break is that week and Miami is a huge destination for that, so I fear the prices are only going to go up!

I still have to get my flights to get me to Heathrow & back. I'll probably leave it for a few months. I'm glad I got my Miami flights sorted though. It is a big relief though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Officially in for my 5th Wrestlemania €1300 for 10 days in the Hilton Downtown Miami near American Airlines Arena and flights with Virgin Atlantic €50 deposit and don't have to pay till January through AmericanHolidays.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 ratedk

Just booked in a few days ago I tried to resist but I just couldn't and I got a really good deal too.

I got London to Toronto and then on down to Miami for E430 return with Air Canada as they were having a seat sale.

With the flights to and from London it still comes to just under E600 a full 100 or more cheaper than I saw elsewhere.

Just thought id pass that along.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭iamloco724

Ive been monitoring prices for 2 months now from ny to miami and its never dropped gone any lower then 209 round trip its gone up many times so isnce it went back down to that last night i booked it coming in tues 27th leaving tues the 3rd

I wonder would it be too risky to book to fly into Miami and back from Orlando. The reason being that I'm assuming Smackdown will be in Orlando seeing Raw is from Miami the night after Mania.

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭StoneColdFan

I wonder would it be too risky to book to fly into Miami and back from Orlando. The reason being that I'm assuming Smackdown will be in Orlando seeing Raw is from Miami the night after Mania.

i also plan on doing that if Smackdown is in Orlando but i'm not going to book flights untill they announce where Smackdown will be

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,880 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Yea im thinking about maybe catching SD or TNA in Orlando after WM if i go

I'm not getting great offers on flights either yet. Cheapest I was quoted was about €625 return.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭LiamBro

Hoping to sort out my flights by October, November at the latest. I'm also debating flying back from Orlando to watch Smackdown, when do you reckon they will announce were the show will be?

Advertisement