Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WrestleMania 28 - Miami Flights

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39 jazza714

Hey all,

ive been following this forum for weeks now, and really grateful for all advice from those with past experiences of the going with the WM packages.

I just wanted a bit of advice really, i hope to be going next and was hoping to london to miami the sunday before wrestlemania to experiance orlando aswell as miami, seeing as we will be in florida.

the thing is by trying to book multi flights the cost is going upto double compared to just a simple return flight between london and miami.

My bros thinks we should rent a car and drive nealry 4 hours there, where as i prefer a one hour fight! i mean who wouldn't!! :D

does anyone know if there is any cheap airliners in the US that do cheap flights like ryanair does over here? or any other cheaper options of getting there?? Also good cheap hotels? lol

Cheers!!

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Memnoch99

Jet Blue and Southwest maybe the nearest thing to Ryanair in the states if you are looking at cheap internal flights. (might be wrong about Southwest though)

The drive to Miami is shortened ever since they built a new highway thats cuts out a lot of the scenic route (or so Im told). Mess around on google maps and see what kind of time it gives you to drive form Orlando to Miami

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

jazza714 wrote: »

My bros thinks we should rent a car and drive nealry 4 hours there, where as i prefer a one hour fight! i mean who wouldn't!! :D

flight might take 1hr but it takes alot longer than 1hr to get from your hotel in miami to your hotel in orlando, e.g. if you are staying in southbeach you are looking at approx a 20-30min drive to the airport with no traffic, then you have to check in, go through security, walk to gate, wait at gate, stand in line to board the plane......take off, land, walk through arrivals, wait for cab, 15min drive to your orlando hotel, all in all that will take you best part of 3-4hrs from door to door

with the bus you turn up 5mins before it leaves the depot in orlando at say 12pm and it will have you outside the holiday inn hotel downtown miami at 4pm

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭Initium

I'm going to spend 5 nights in Orlando, I still don't know if we are going to be at Disney's Boardwalk Club Villas or Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge. Then renting a car and drive to Miami, staying 6 nights in Miami with the car, and return back to Orlando. We'll be returning the car when we arrive to Orlando and spend there another 7 days at Disney's Boardwalk Beach Villas. I can't wait for this vacation! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,785 ✭✭✭Kane-N-Nite

Deltas direct flights from Heathrow have reduced in the last couple days, even lower than what I paid. Maybe worth a look.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭jmolloy

Did anyone fly with delta before? I'm a really nervous flyer and just wondering what there inflight entertainment is like cos this year with ba i just focused on the screen in front of me and was able to ignore the fact i was unnaturally high in the air

In my experience Deltas in flight entertainment is better than BAs.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭killyourtv

Many of Delta flights from Europe to US don't have personal TV screens. Painful.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Hendo9

jmolloy wrote: »
    Did anyone fly with delta before? I'm a really nervous flyer and just wondering what there inflight entertainment is like cos this year with ba i just focused on the screen in front of me and was able to ignore the fact i was unnaturally high in the air

I did, my Mania trip this year was from London to Atlanta, then went from Atlanta to New York and then New York back to London.

Went Delta for all three flights and couldn't recommend them highly enough! Very useful, friendly staff, adequate room (I'm 6ft7 and find it difficult on any flight but this felt a bit better than usual).

In flight entertainment was very good with a selection of 20 odd films aswell as episodes of popular TV shows and also music, games and American tv shows too.

Free drinks offered throughout without having to ask for them, free wines, beers, soft drinks etc

Would look to go back with them next year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭A.B. Dangerously

Booked my flights yesterday from Heathrow to MIA direct and a direct return from MIA to Heathrow aswell for £394 return overall from British Airways (£197 each way). Really chuffed, thought I'd have to pay a lot more than that.

What date you leave?

What date you leave?

Leaving on the 26th, gonna spend 4 nights in South Beach and then move to WWE's package hotels, then coming home on Tuesday 3rd April.

I'm going a day later going & returning.

I'm going a day later going & returning.

We were going to stay an extra night and try to go to SmackDown, then we noticed from previous years that SD was in a different city or state to RAW and Mania, so thought not to bother. Also saves us checking into a 3rd hotel. BA still has some good prices on flights from Heathrow direct to MIA.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

What airlines/websites have people booked flights through? The cheapest I've been quoted is €540 return with US Airways from Dublin. Not mad keen on flying with them either.

• Advertisement

G-Money wrote: »
    What airlines/websites have people booked flights through? The cheapest I've been quoted is €540 return with US Airways from Dublin. Not mad keen on flying with them either.

us air are not too bad, havent flown with them transatlantic but have a few times internally, the thing i would be most worried about is aer lingus and british airways going on strike AGAIN :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Hendo9

As ive said on here already, if the opportunity is there to go via Delta, id do that... I used them for London-Atlanta, then Atlanta-New York then New York-London this year for Mania, and a trip afterwards, and they were helpful, comfy, friendly airlines, better than others ive been on.

In contrast, a friend of mine went on Continental during a trip to the US a few weeks back, and they messed his group around immensely

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 AdamJW

Quick question if anyone can help.

In your experience, is there any particular month that would be the cheapest time to book the flights? Or best to book as early as possible?

I plan on saving for flights and getting them from November onwards. But if neccessary will get them earlier.

I didn't book them, but this year, about two or three weeks before WM there were still very reasonably priced flights with Delta from Dublin to Atlanta. Less than €500 I think return.

Although I usually prefer to book flights sooner rather than later if I am going somewhere.

Okay thanks for your reply.

I will try to book as soon as possible then. I'm going from Manchester myself. I looked about 3 weeks ago and flights were around £380 with 1 stop. Now showing at around £400 with 2 stops :(

Hopefully others with 1 stop will show up again in the coming months.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Barcelonafan

Do you think I shud book the flights soon or wait until say January..iv heard prices drop at new year??any advice

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭LiamBro

Thomson were selling flights today for £400 from London to Miami with no stops, i know a lad who bought some today but he actually went into the travel agents. Worth getting quotes in the actual shop and seeing if it differs from online.

AdamJW wrote: »
    Okay thanks for your reply.

I will try to book as soon as possible then. I'm going from Manchester myself. I looked about 3 weeks ago and flights were around £380 with 1 stop. Now showing at around £400 with 2 stops :(

Hopefully others with 1 stop will show up again in the coming months.

Mate, it may be worth you looking at flights from Heathrow. Just a thought.

Yeah just had a quick look now - would make things easier and cheaper for the flights.

It's just getting down there. Although with the money saved by going from Heathrow, could use that on driving down and airport parking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Simon Only

Booked my flights this week, Tuesday 27th - Tuesday 3rd.

Total was £380 return on BA, and these are both direct flights.

Damn good deal I thought!

Through Expedia if anyone wants to try get the same.

Is it better/a lot cheaper to get flights from Dublin to london to Miami or is it not worth the hassle

Is it better/a lot cheaper to get flights from Dublin to london to Miami or is it not worth the hassle

depends on how good of a flyer you are, doing dublin to london then onto the states is no problem for most people, its during the day/morning you are fresh, however its on the way back that gets alot of people, travelling all night and then passing ireland only to have to come back again, the last flight back into dublin can be tough

i got dublin to san francisco via london for 300 euro return (march 2010) in that situation it was worth the hassle because i was saving upwards of 200euro but for 50-75euro it might not be worth it

Tanx man..any recommended airlines to chose for going from dublin??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

rossie1977 wrote: »
    depends on how good of a flyer you are, doing dublin to london then onto the states is no problem for most people, its during the day/morning you are fresh, however its on the way back that gets alot of people, travelling all night and then passing ireland only to have to come back again, the last flight back into dublin can be tough

i got dublin to san francisco via london for 300 euro return (march 2010) in that situation it was worth the hassle because i was saving upwards of 200euro but for 50-75euro it might not be worth it

Very true do it on most of my flights back from the US dragging yourself through Heathrow early in the morning though securityand pointless biometrics checks is a killer,Then the hour back to Ireland can nearly feel as bad as the 7-9 hour flight you were just on,All said though I find Heathrow easy to connect in though from Cork

When is the best time to book flights???should I wait until maybe the new year

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 dstnatnunknwn

Hey guys, I'm new to the board but i have been reading all of your guys suggestions and such, and thank you so much! I have learned alot. this is my 2nd WM but my first traveling. I am coming from Houston and my buddy is coming from Detroit. We both already booked our flights. Both were under 300 usd. We wanted to book as early as possible as you may want to too, due to the fact that spring break is that week and Miami is a huge destination for that, so I fear the prices are only going to go up!

I still have to get my flights to get me to Heathrow & back. I'll probably leave it for a few months. I'm glad I got my Miami flights sorted though. It is a big relief though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Officially in for my 5th Wrestlemania €1300 for 10 days in the Hilton Downtown Miami near American Airlines Arena and flights with Virgin Atlantic €50 deposit and don't have to pay till January through AmericanHolidays.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 ratedk

Just booked in a few days ago I tried to resist but I just couldn't and I got a really good deal too.

I got London to Toronto and then on down to Miami for E430 return with Air Canada as they were having a seat sale.

With the flights to and from London it still comes to just under E600 a full 100 or more cheaper than I saw elsewhere.

Just thought id pass that along.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭iamloco724

Ive been monitoring prices for 2 months now from ny to miami and its never dropped gone any lower then 209 round trip its gone up many times so isnce it went back down to that last night i booked it coming in tues 27th leaving tues the 3rd

I wonder would it be too risky to book to fly into Miami and back from Orlando. The reason being that I'm assuming Smackdown will be in Orlando seeing Raw is from Miami the night after Mania.

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭StoneColdFan

I wonder would it be too risky to book to fly into Miami and back from Orlando. The reason being that I'm assuming Smackdown will be in Orlando seeing Raw is from Miami the night after Mania.

i also plan on doing that if Smackdown is in Orlando but i'm not going to book flights untill they announce where Smackdown will be

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,150 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Yea im thinking about maybe catching SD or TNA in Orlando after WM if i go

I'm not getting great offers on flights either yet. Cheapest I was quoted was about €625 return.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭LiamBro

Hoping to sort out my flights by October, November at the latest. I'm also debating flying back from Orlando to watch Smackdown, when do you reckon they will announce were the show will be?

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Rud3Bwoy

So at the end of this month ill book my flight,decided to ditch the package as my cousin works at the hyatt and getting me there 257 dollar hotel for 60 a night so can't pass it up

nyc round trip is 240 which is great,if i leave wed i seen flights for 200/198 but i rather leave thurs

staying from thurs-wed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭brianw25

The cheapest flights i'm seeing at the moment from Ireland are with aer lingus -

DUB > JFK > MIA

quiet a good price i guess!!

:)

brianw25 wrote: »
    The cheapest flights i'm seeing at the moment from Ireland are with aer lingus -

DUB > JFK > MIA

quiet a good price i guess!!

:)

I did a search and they were quoting flights via Chicago. Didn't see any options for flying through JFK.

The flights I looked at got cheaper the earlier in the week you purchased them, however the savings in airfare can sometimes be lost by the extra nights accommodation so it's a bit of a balancing act.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Whole Show

I cant find any good flights that I like, Theres one from heathrow at 6 in the morning but has a connection in Paris. £500

Tempted by this but wanted one direct really.

I know I'm not booking anything for another couple of months either. I'm looking at moving apartment in October so I need money for that. So unfortunately trips abroad will take a back seat until I get that sorted out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 jazza714

looking for peoples opinions pleaes ... :)

im looking to book flights for mani next year from 25th march to 3rd april! ive looked all over the net for multi flights cos we want to see orlando before going to miami and then hopefully fly home from miami to london.... ive managed to find a 3 stop multi flight from lastminute.com at £574

Virgin- london GAT>orlando > AA - orlando>miami > Virgin - miami>london HTW

which i thinks pretty good seeing as it cost this much for a return to orlando itself!

just wanted people opinions or advice.... has anyone used lastminute.com multi flights before? are they any good? ... or any other good websites for multi flight apart from lastminute or opodo( which ive heard bad reviews)?

Thanks!

ebookers are good http://www.ebookers.com/

those days london to orlando and miami back to london £434 with continental

honestly wouldn't bother with the orlando to miami flight, that costs rougly $100 and by the time you get out to the airport, check in, wait, get on plane, fly and do all the stuff in miami airport, the bus will have you there in same time, here is a link to the bus, takes 4hrs and costs $29 one-way, bus drops you off in the middle of downtown miami right beside the american airlines arena or the airport whichever you want http://www.thefloridaexpressbus.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Andy_rse

Just booked our flights :D

Thurs to Tuesday £380 per person.

Outbound: Heathrow - Chicago - Miami (British Airways & American Airlines)

Inbound: Miami - Heathrow (British Airways)

Thought that was pretty decent.

so best i found was 279 non stop round trip from nyc to mia

also found 209 non stop from nyc to fll which is 34 mins away from mia

woot,209 from NYC TO miami instead of FLL non stop booked it right away with my friend

thurs-wednesday!

• Advertisement
Advertisement