Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork GAA Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭SigersonCup

Orizio wrote: »
    Strange you didn't bother posting this on proc...

I just did :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

I just did :D

Good, looking forward to seeing you getting hound off the forums...for what, the fourth time now? ;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,344 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

In 24 hrs time we will know how the hurling went. I have a sneaky feeling cork will win this one. So many different factors could go right or wrong for either team, but I think we will come through as winners.
    Although they were hugely impressive against kk, that was a long time ago now and they've always had a problem maintaining a high enough level of performance to win Liam. They are a county who should have far more titles than they actually have.
    I've put a few quid on Cork as I reckon we could hit the ground running and come out on top by a few points.
    Galway, while clearly capable of another big performance, still have plenty of doubters - myself included. If they do win tomorrow, it would be a fantastic thing for hurling for them to go on and win the final, breaking the near monopoly of Tip and especially kk.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,971 ✭✭✭teednab-el

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    In 24 hrs time we will know how the hurling went. I have a sneaky feeling cork will win this one. So many different factors could go right or wrong for either team, but I think we will come through as winners.
    Although they were hugely impressive against kk, that was a long time ago now and they've always had a problem maintaining a high enough level of performance to win Liam. They are a county who should have far more titles than they actually have.
    I've put a few quid on Cork as I reckon we could hit the ground running and come out on top by a few points.
    Galway, while clearly capable of another big performance, still have plenty of doubters - myself included. If they do win tomorrow, it would be a fantastic thing for hurling for them to go on and win the final, breaking the near monopoly of Tip and especially kk.

I feel Cork can win this one if they really want it. This Galway team are not Kilkenny and can be beaten. I will be surprised if Cork win but not shocked all the same. As far as im concerned the pressure is on Galway and unless they win tomorrow my opinion won't change on them. Still don't believe Galway will win All Ireland if they beat Cork tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭STB

Anyone who is placing money on Cork to beat Galway tomorrow is from Cork! From a betting perspective you would be taking a serious chance on the other Galway team turning up. I dont think that will happen.

Punters are being robbed on the prices lads if betting with Paddy Power.

Draw no bet odds are Galway 4/11 - Cork 15/8. No value even.

I do think Cork will beat Donegal in the football though and believe that this could be their year for football.

• Advertisement

STB wrote: »
    Anyone who is placing money on Cork to beat Galway tomorrow is from Cork! From a betting perspective you would be taking a serious chance on the other Galway team turning up. I dont think that will happen.

Punters are being robbed on the prices lads if betting with Paddy Power.

Draw no bet odds are Galway 4/11 - Cork 15/8. No value even.

I do think Cork will beat Donegal in the football though and believe that this could be their year for football.

True, but Galway fans must feel a little bit anxious on their team not performing. If they beat Cork out the gate tomorrow, then ill put my hands up and admit I was wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭Treble20

Cork are really up against it tomorrow against Galway if you have to go by form. However Galway have a habit of seriously under performing after a huge win in their previous game and this must be a worry to Galway fans tomorrow. However I feel this Anthony Cunningham is made of stern stuff and will have Galway prepared right for tomorrow's semi and I expect them to beat Cork by 5 or 6 points.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

teednab-el wrote: »
    I feel Cork can win this one if they really want it. This Galway team are not Kilkenny and can be beaten. I will be surprised if Cork win but not shocked all the same. As far as im concerned the pressure is on Galway and unless they win tomorrow my opinion won't change on them. Still don't believe Galway will win All Ireland if they beat Cork tomorrow.

I guess you have to admire the stoicism of Cork supporters, hope against hope even in the face of adverse reality. Well done Galway and I must say there is something very gratifying in seeing Cork and especially some of their more cocky supporters brought down and peg or two and lowered back down to earth.

Stinicker wrote: »

I guess you have to admire the stoicism of Cork supporters, hope against hope even in the face of adverse reality. Well done Galway and I must say there is something very gratifying in seeing Cork and especially some of their more cocky supporters brought down and peg or two and lowered back down to earth.

When are Kerry hurling next?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

This is irrelevant to the topic, just accept you were wrong and that Cork are inferior to Galway and that your wild cocky and vastly inaccurate predictions were invalid as your team was beaten by a far better Galway team.

• Advertisement

This is irrelevant to the topic, just accept you were wrong and that Cork are inferior to Galway and that your wild cocky and vastly inaccurate predictions were invalid as your team was beaten by a far better Galway team.

not as bad or as inaccurate as some of your blunders.

Cork 30 all Ireland's v Galway 4 all Ireland's. I can't see how, but I'm trying to explain something about hurling to a Kerry man. Not easy.

it's good to see that Kerry are mighty at hurling and are competitive year in and out.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,344 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

A Kerry man trying to talk hurling in a Cork Thread... stopped reading right there:pac:

Disappointed that Cork lost but at the end of the day Galway were a better team and I hope they go on now and capture the All Ireland title.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭beeroclock

He has to go, we didn't bring Liam home.

Jokes aside I think Cork made great strides this year and with him at the helm I think it wont be too long before we are breaking ash in Croker in September

Met a few Galway lads in a pub after we beat them last time out in the final and they were full of praise for that Cork team, which I am now for this Galway team and I hope Liam heads west this year, though I wouldn't be putting the house on it were I am gambler!

Just:rolleyes:..../end thread

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭elguapo

beeroclock wrote: »
    He has to go, we didn't bring Liam home.

Jokes aside I think Cork made great strides this year and with him at the helm I think it wont be too long before we are breaking ash in Croker in September

Met a few Galway lads in a pub after we beat them last time out in the final and they were full of praise for that Cork team, which I am now for this Galway team and I hope Liam heads west this year, though I wouldn't be putting the house on it were I am gambler!

Ah here, I saw the thread title and was looking forward to calling you a raving lunatic, and instead you're being entirely reasonable? Boo!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Merged threads

A great win for St Finbarrs last night over Nemo Rangers in the senior football championship,2 years in a row now for Nemo without a Cork senior title!

I was genuinely happy to see the result. The Barrs have always played second fiddle to Nemo - in football of course - and it was great to see them progress.
    I think it will be hard to beat them this year and they could go all the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭shockframe

Was surprised to see Nemo beat this early.although with so many of their better players over the last 10 years gone they are possibly in transition.

Would the barrs be favourites to win it out now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

No doubting the better team won but Cork put up a better show than some thought they would. A few silly errors in the first half, bad wides could have told a different story. But while Galway were favourites to win today Cork could have won this game. Cork are Cork and cocky they are but also fine hurlers who do deserve a little more respect than you show them. This Cork side will win all- irelands and we wont be waiting decades.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Randy Watson

The Barrs were full value for their win. Very good defensively.

Nemo found it hard to score form open play

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Rebel Fan

What a prat you really are!!! Your obvious hatred of all things Cork comes shining through yet again. Most Cork fans at the game yesterday were disappointed, but in reality we know it's been a decent enough year. The rebuilding job that should've been done after the 06 final is well and truly underway now. Our biggest problem yesterday was our inability to win primary or secondary possession in the half forward line, hopefully though well see Sheehan and Walsh pick up the hurl next year and drive on from there. And for you to call anyone cocky, pot, kettle, black springs to mind. Weren't you the fella who's post was removed after the football final last year, I got a look at it before it was removed, cockiness, arrogance, stupidity and downright rudeness all sprang to mind. How come you're on this thread anyway? That's right, you boys have nothing else to look forward to this year and many more after hopefully. And for a Kerryman to slag off The Rebels about hurling, well look at your own lad, my under 10 team would probably beat yer senior team, enough said!!!

Corcaigh Abu!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭HelloYoungBoy

Whats a Clare man doing moderating Gaa? What would they know about it?

Whats a Clare man doing moderating Gaa? What would they know about it?

Alot more than YoungBoys ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭HelloYoungBoy

Alot more than YoungBoys ;)

YoungBoy knows all, it does not need to be known if YoungBoy does not know it

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Rebel1977

Whats the story with Gardiner and falling out with Hoggie and Jbm ?

That's been going on for a while.
    Gardiner might feel as if he's had enough and call it a day but I reckon he'll stay on.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Randy Watson

Gardiner has stated he will stay on if he is wanted

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭willietherock

John Gaa's time has come and gone. Top player on his day but his pace is gone.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement