Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork GAA Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,276 ✭✭✭thinkstoomuch1

Orizio wrote: »

Yeah. On the development squad as well afaik. Gosnell is the star of that team, but they lost at least one of the better Midleton lads to Pres/CBC, can't remember which one.

Rubgy again FFs.

Thanks for that.

I think one of the na piarsaigh senior lads o rourke plays rubgy muskerry or someone.

We will prob loose Aidan moyinhan a beast of a lad to munster rubgy.A fine footballer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,249 ✭✭✭slingerz

Never presume to assume ,unless your sure.

Im nt a clyda man,as if you read my posts would know that.

Yes North cork.That doesnt mean thats the main reason i want them to win.

I want the haven to win the senior.

I wanted the barrs to avoid relegation.

I wouldnt mind really who wins cork senior title,as long as it aint sars,as i dnt think they have anything new to offer cork.

My point is i have a lot of strong beliefs,and i aint from these places.

I try to look at it with face value than any particular rose tinted glasses.

Fair play u want macroom to win,thats your want,but a lot of neutrals want clyda,also clyda are unbeaten,macroom lost the ist day.

losing the first day doesnt come into it really. Newmarket showed a couple years ago that a couple of early defeats wouldnt put them off winning the championship.
    Fintan gould will probably play midfield to stop kissane driving up,and allows kiely for them to bomb up.

I dont need a journalist to tell me it will be low scoring.I and many others have said here,it will be low scoring.

Your naive to think that the way a club team plays will turn people of them.

Clyda ,wait for it,if they win,those same journalist will say this is the most romantic strory of the year (like the prince and kates wedding).The same journalists that tweeted,aidan and ciaran were training with the hurlers probably.

Journalists,not all to be fair run with the hare and chase with the hound,when it suits just to sell a paper.

Thats the rubbish some will say.They will over glorify it if they win,just like their overly negative on their style of play today.

They fail to see the common ground,where a club like clyda has to come from,the everday finaicial struggles and population battles they face .

They should like other clubs,the newtowns,ballymartyles,the havens etc be commended for what they have achieved.

commended for what they achieve in comparison to what exactly? surely whatever success they achieve is sufficient acclaim for any club

Clyda's style will have turned numerous people off them thinking otherwise is rose tinted at best. of course any journalist will leverage Clyda's failures should they win on Sunday that would be part of their job. However from a footballing standpoint those with an interest will be keen to see the team that does not employ such negative tactics win as after all, any follower of gaelic football who is neutral in a contest, cant say that they enjoy watching such a style of play.

you seem to think Clyda are the only club place that have financial issues or population struggles. I would suggest that even within the intermediate ranks clubs like Ballingeary, Naomh Aban, Glenville, Castletownbere etc will feel similarly aggrieved. its the world and ireland that we live in but its the same for everyone.

im certain that macroom will feel aggrieved that they have been down for the past 20 years and will be keen to regain senior status for what was once a proud footballing town. as with everything these things go in cycles so your successes are to be enjoyed from than bitterly embraced. take the example of a club like Millstreet that once were to the forefront of the senior grade but are now plying their trade in the junior ranks do they not have the right to feel similarly aggrieved to Clyda?

i hope it is the best footballing teams that win on sunday and in the case of the senior final that is a difficult one to call. Nemo have had enormous success in recent years so i've a sligth preference for the Haven in that one. However we are all aware that the Haven are no angels and should something similar occur as a neutral my bias will swing towards Nemo. But i know now that Clyda will play the game as it should be played in an effort to be successful so if that works for them then fair play but i wont be cheering or happy for them if that does happen

Newtownshardsum -4 county titles,club all ireland,club final,two munster.
    Buckets loads of underage success,won an u14 last wk,as far as im aware in a u16 final saturday.

Produced more cork players,minor ,u21 senior cork last ten years than barrr,rockies,glen have put together or damn close to it.
    Three all stars,and hurler of the year.

What more Ffs can they achieve to be recogonised.The fact people like you fail to acknowlege them,says more about abov you than them though.

Ah when was the last club to come close win allireland.Midelton in 88.Look where newtown came from in 98 ffs man.Get with the times.

Ballyartle,all ireland intermediate champions beatinng dicksoboro a highly rated team coached by ger henerdson.

In a county senior semi final.

The bars,glen,rockies nothing in comparison the last fw years,do rockies have got their asses in gear at underage lately.

Douglas beginning to tap in to the schools programme eddie murphy done,where colin doyle soccer man has helped train sum of their coaches.When u see ,kingston of cork sons playing with them shows potential their.

But newtown ,village one pub,one shop 800 people ,the rest have a lot to live up to.Everything newtown got they earned.

Some tool,who remained unamed blamed their running game on cork hurling demise.

Jealous,bitter rubblish,.Interesting papers now are crediting newtown for starting the revolouiton in the running game,now that clare have adopted and polished up.

Clyda in four finals,have achieved more than the likes of mallow,and other big clubs can only dream of.

Yes there are many small clubs like clyda,same battles as them.I never knocked them mate.What i said was that they need to be appreciated,from where they came from,what they have availble ,what they achieved,rather than be just a lazy crtitic,and say oh ,they play poor football they dnt deserve it.

You say many clubs are like clyda.Very few show the same heart,desire and resilanece to keep coming back when beaten.

Macroom were awful ist day.Yes teams start slow.But dnt think macroom are snow white.

Ah stop,stop the lights.Haven are a fine club,one of the best young coaches in the country,gave us our best u21 manager or up their,a credit to the people.

Numerous county u 21 and senior titles and great cork players of the past and future and third final in a row.

Valid point bt milstreet,they had four n the 73 team,well one n the extended panel.

The big difference with clyda,is they dont btich and moan.They get on with it,and put in tremonduous work ,and the patrican acadmey over the years ,would also be a great place for them.Not as succesful as they would like,but still great work going n their.

Milstreet a town in comparison,neglected their talent,thats their own fault.

But slowly with Vaughan,ellis and the next star for cork Kevin crowley are getting their.

Clyda worked hard to achieve something,like newtown,etc,where milstreet like many rest on their laurels.

They have themselves to blame for neglect,but credit due,their turning the tide.It will take time.

Newtownshardsum -4 county titles,club all ireland,club final,two munster.
    Buckets loads of underage success,won an u14 last wk,as far as im aware in a u16 final saturday.

Produced more cork players,minor ,u21 senior cork last ten years than barrr,rockies,glen have put together or damn close to it.
    Three all stars,and hurler of the year.

What more Ffs can they achieve to be recogonised.The fact people like you fail to acknowlege them,says more about abov you than them though.

Ah when was the last club to come close win allireland.Midelton in 88.Look where newtown came from in 98 ffs man.Get with the times.

Ballyartle,all ireland intermediate champions beatinng dicksoboro a highly rated team coached by ger henerdson.

In a county senior semi final.

The bars,glen,rockies nothing in comparison the last fw years,do rockies have got their asses in gear at underage lately.

Douglas beginning to tap in to the schools programme eddie murphy done,where colin doyle soccer man has helped train sum of their coaches.When u see ,kingston of cork sons playing with them shows potential their.

But newtown ,village one pub,one shop 800 people ,the rest have a lot to live up to.Everything newtown got they earned.

Some tool,who remained unamed blamed their running game on cork hurling demise.

Jealous,bitter rubblish,.Interesting papers now are crediting newtown for starting the revolouiton in the running game,now that clare have adopted and polished up.

Clyda in four finals,have achieved more than the likes of mallow,and other big clubs can only dream of.

Yes there are many small clubs like clyda,same battles as them.I never knocked them mate.What i said was that they need to be appreciated,from where they came from,what they have availble ,what they achieved,rather than be just a lazy crtitic,and say oh ,they play poor football they dnt deserve it.

You say many clubs are like clyda.Very few show the same heart,desire and resilanece to keep coming back when beaten.

Macroom were awful ist day.Yes teams start slow.But dnt think macroom are snow white.

Ah stop,stop the lights.Haven are a fine club,one of the best young coaches in the country,gave us our best u21 manager or up their,a credit to the people.

Numerous county u 21 and senior titles and great cork players of the past and future and third final in a row.

firstly you need to learn to read. i've never knocked any of the clubs youve ranted on about there. Im sure unsure what sort of commendation you want for them though. they have had success, they have had influential cork players what more commendation do they need?

you seem to believe that by being a club with a large population base that they have no difficulties or obstacles to overcome. You should be aware that these clubs have an awful lot of competing sports as well as other attractions that will take some of there playing base away and in having a large underage base creates its own problems.

i dont know whether Macroom were good, bad or indifferent the first day. It matters not a jot as they are there on Sunday. dont know what you mean by whiter than white maybe you could inform all of us
    Valid point bt milstreet,they had four n the 73 team,well one n the extended panel.

The big difference with clyda,is they dont btich and moan.They get on with it,and put in tremonduous work ,and the patrican acadmey over the years ,would also be a great place for them.Not as succesful as they would like,but still great work going n their.

Milstreet a town in comparison,neglected their talent,thats their own fault.

But slowly with Vaughan,ellis and the next star for cork Kevin crowley are getting their.

Clyda worked hard to achieve something,like newtown,etc,where milstreet like many rest on their laurels.

They have themselves to blame for neglect,but credit due,their turning the tide.It will take time.

you seem to think that its neglect from these large towns that caused them to experience a downturn but life is not that black and white. every club will experience a poor run, was Clyda's time in the junior ranks in the 70's/80's down to neglect also?

• Advertisement

slingerz wrote: »
    losing the first day doesnt come into it really. Newmarket showed a couple years ago that a couple of early defeats wouldnt put them off winning the championship.

commended for what they achieve in comparison to what exactly? surely whatever success they achieve is sufficient acclaim for any club.

Yeah i can read,you should do more of it, maybe you get more information on newtown,ballymartle,and castlehaven .

Your response to my mention of newtown,ballymartyle and castlehaven ,who you claim to be no angels.

I don'think they need wings to fly high ,lets be honest 3 county finals in three years, beaten only by a fine ucc team made up of kerry lads,they dont need to be angels.
    Newtown achieveved the highest honour in the game,ballyMartle won an all ireland.

To say that any success they got is sufficent acclaim for any club and comparison to what,is like you mean no big deal,sure anyone can do it.

Compare them to blackrock,barrs ,the glen ,or othe largely populated,better rescourced clubs around the county and country that have struggled to achieve what these have.

You obivously dont have a clue what it means to them and the work they done.

My point about macroom nt being whiter than white is you make them out to be the barecelona and clyda the wimbeldon of soccer.

Rubbish.Macroom played awful in their ist game.and against valley had to go to two games,and ist game they were dire enough i hear.

My point is clyda arent as awful as you portray them,and many neutrals want them to win.

commended for what they achieve in comparison to what exactly? surely whatever success they achieve is sufficient acclaim for any club.

Yeah i can read,you should do more of it, maybe you get more information on newtown,ballymartle,and castlehaven .

Your response to my mention of newtown,ballymartyle and castlehaven ,who you claim to be no angels.

I don'think they need wings to fly high ,lets be honest 3 county finals in three years, beaten only by a fine ucc team made up of kerry lads,they dont need to be angels.
    Newtown achieveved the highest honour in the game,ballyMartle won an all ireland.

To say that any success they got is sufficent acclaim for any club and comparison to what,is like you mean no big deal,sure anyone can do it.

Compare them to blackrock,barrs ,the glen ,or othe largely populated,better rescourced clubs around the county and country that have struggled to achieve what these have.

You obivously dont have a clue what it means to them and the work they done.

My point about macroom nt being whiter than white is you make them out to be the barecelona and clyda the wimbeldon of soccer.

Rubbish.Macroom played awful in their ist game.and against valley had to go to two games,and ist game they were dire enough i hear.

My point is clyda arent as awful as you portray them,and many neutrals want them to win.

Castlehaven have been guilty of incidents in the past that left a sour taste for anyone with a passing interest in football. They have also go beyond the boundraies when it comes to sourcing players.

What im saying to you is that the clubs you mentioned worked hard and got their success. I dont think that they need to be commended further nor do i think that they care a jot for such.

Im sure Macroom played poorly on a number of occasions this year as would be the case with any team. They dont however play a defensive style setup as they play the game with the approach of scoring more and being better than the opposition.

As regards hard work, you seem to believe that hard work only occurs in the rural clubs. Macroom went to 2 county U21 A finals and were defeated. I think its would be fair to assume that they would work hard at the underage, as hard as anyone else. Like any other town they suffer from conflicts with players opting to play soccer or some other activity and the town environment allows for greater deviance from the gaa scene as is the case with the city based clubs, carrigaline, ballincollig etc.

if you watched clyda against Bantry in Kilmichael or saw them play Nemo in the semi final then their style of play would not draw any fans to them. That is a fairly obvious point and its one you conceded earlier when you said they play a style to suit themselves and their playing personnel.

As a neutral it is this playing style that i dislike and would love to see eradicated from the gaa and its why i would like to see Macroom come out on top on sunday

Castlehaven have been guilty of incidents in the past that left a sour taste for anyone with a passing interest in football. They have also go beyond the boundraies when it comes to sourcing players.

What im saying to you is that the clubs you mentioned worked hard and got their success. I dont think that they need to be commended further nor do i think that they care a jot for such.

Im sure Macroom played poorly on a number of occasions this year as would be the case with any team. They dont however play a defensive style setup as they play the game with the approach of scoring more and being better than the opposition.

As regards hard work, you seem to believe that hard work only occurs in the rural clubs. Macroom went to 2 county U21 A finals and were defeated. I think its would be fair to assume that they would work hard at the underage, as hard as anyone else. Like any other town they suffer from conflicts with players opting to play soccer or some other activity and the town environment allows for greater deviance from the gaa scene as is the case with the city based clubs, carrigaline, ballincollig etc.

if you watched clyda against Bantry in Kilmichael or saw them play Nemo in the semi final then their style of play would not draw any fans to them. That is a fairly obvious point and its one you conceded earlier when you said they play a style to suit themselves and their playing personnel.

As a neutral it is this playing style that i dislike and would love to see eradicated from the gaa and its why i would like to see Macroom come out on top on sunday

Woudnt think so with the haven.Okay got larry ,and a few,but sure Sars are the hurling equivalent,and media and county board love them.They got the wexford lads.

Yeah their was an incident with cleary of the ball ,last year ,but sars with teddy mac,should bn banned sideline incursion against think glen years ago.Nothing about that.

Haven are a credit to cork football.Those that crib,are jealous.

Didnt nemo get lambert for years,and the town get crowley.

Mallow got loughrey.

Happens everyhere kid,dnt think its the Haven set the rule,they just follow suit.

Even ag muire for instance have a schools lad just 13 from mallow,travellng up and down every day with them ,to play.

Colmans got mccormack from the patrician academy ,after fourth year.

Ard scoil are doing it in the hurling.

Teams,clubs all over are crossing boundaries for players.

Sure ballinscarthy with denis sullivan are still up in arms over he wanting to join clon.

Newtown had shaun o rioardin from limerick and glesson from ballinainch.

Mallow had clare man Michael o halloran their.

Its incorrect to label haven doing as wrong in what many others have done.

MEDAL THE SWEETEST FOR BRIEGE
    COUNTY MEDAL THE SWEETEST FOR BRIEGE

DUAL star Briege Corkery may have 12 All-Ireland medals, but Sunday’s historic first senior county final win against Inch Rovers was perhaps the sweetest victory of all.
    A week after putting in a sensational shift at wing-back in Cork’s one-point All-Ireland win against Monaghan, it was apt that that Corkery slung over the winning point (0-11 to 1-7) two minutes into injury time to ensure St Val’s won the John Hurley Cup for the first time in the championship’s 37-year history, and the club’s 18th year in existence.
    “The win last weekend was mighty but there’s nothing better than winning with your club.
    “Without a doubt this is the best thing I’ve won,” said the eight-time All-Ireland ladies football and four-time camogie winner.
    “It means the world to everyone in the club, it really does.
    “Not just the team, but everyone whose involved, from the committee to the trainers.
    “There’s great youth coming up behind us and there’s a belief now that I think we didn’t have before.
    “I mean you can’t forget that this win has also come from players who have served us well for so many years, the likes of Catriona Barrett who wasn’t on the sideline but she was supporting us in the stand and we’re just delighted for her and the likes of Triona Lucey, Niamh Canty, Áine Murphy and Fiona Crowley who have been waiting a long, long time for this.”
    Having lost back-to-back finals to former champions Donoughmore and Inch Rovers in 2006 and 2007 respectively, as well as numerous semi-finals, St Val’s are now certainly deserving of their time in the spotlight.
    “I suppose in past finals they were the better teams at the time but I think Conor Condon and Jo Carroll have united us.
    “I’ve always wanted to win a senior county medal with Val’s and we’ve been pushing on the door for so long now that I’m just delighted for all the girls.
    “Other years we were disappointed with how we got on in championship but we went on to win the senior B so we knew we weren’t that bad and we knew we could improve and that’s exactly what we did.”
    And as to kicking the winning point, she’s answers with her typical admirable modesty.
    “Ah, you know now that doesn’t happen very often!” she laughs.
    “I suppose I didn’t do much for the rest of the day but it was probably just poxy luck that it went over; it isn’t what I’d normally do but we’ll take it!”
    Former two time Munster Senior B champions St Val’s will now line out in their first ever Senior A provincial final against the Senior Plate Munster winners — either Ballymacarbery (Waterford) or The Banner (Tipperary) — on Saturday, October 19.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 havent got a kalou

Jesus christ hope waterford lad is okay.
    Please god.

Great draw colmans ,get two goals,thats a serious ard scoil tean,cian ronan lynch,barry fitzpatrick,ian galvin ,and alex morey etc.

Chareville another good win,two in a row.

Is darragh guiney newtown with them?u15 cork this year,may be bit young,savage talent.

The two butlers brother are teaching their,paying of.

I'm a mallow man myself I think Darragh Guiney has unbelievable talent surely 2-3 years cork minor !! Seen him play last Sunday wingback u 16's against Vally Rovers and against Mallow last tuesday under 15 at centre back ,style between Wayne Sherlock/Tommy Walsh just dominated play

• Advertisement

I'm a mallow man myself I think Darragh Guiney has unbelievable talent surely 2-3 years cork minor !! Seen him play last Sunday wingback style between Wayne Sherlock/Tommy Walsh just dominated play

Hes very young but looks talented.

Ye have sum talent in alec luttrell

How are ye fixed for the u21 final v fermoy?

Ye have hayes,killan o connor ?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 havent got a kalou

Hes very young but looks talented.

Ye have sum talent in alec luttrell

How are ye fixed for the u21 final v fermoy?

Ye have hayes,killan o connor ?

Alec should have been in the cork minors last year

It will be tight like , they beat a good Newtown side

Alec should have been in the cork minors last year

It will be tight like , they beat a good Newtown side
    Well that was down to poor management rather reflection of him.

Saw him at the u17 all ireland,sum talent.

Herihly u 21?as well

Newtown were caught by suprise bt fermoy meant to be good.

Its on in kildorrey?

Development Squads
    NOTICEBOARD

Rebel Og Academy 2013 / 2014 - Mentor Positions Available 11/10/2013
    A Chairde,

The Rebel Og Academy is currently seeking applications for coaches interested in becoming mentors with Cork Development Squads for the coming year 2013 / 2014.
    Interested parties are asked to read the outline of possible roles below and the application process outlined underneath.
    Appointments will be made to the following teams in both football and hurling. All age groups are based on 2014 competitions.
    The full Rebel Og Academy programme for the next twelve months will be published in the coming weeks.
    U17

It is proposed to run the U17 programme along the same lines as the Cork Minor programme (to a limited degree), a proposal which has been agreed in principle with the Cork Minor Football mentors. This age group would not then be part of the camp programme.
    As the Cork Minor hurling management is not yet in place, the calendar of dates for this group has yet to be agreed. However, the U17 squads are still the responsibility of the Rebel Og Academy and appointments will be made by Coiste na nOg as with the younger age groups.
    3-5 mentors to be appointed.
    U15 / U16

Regional Teams

These teams will be our second tier and will replace last year's Rebel or B squads. They are currently under the supervision of the GDAs in each area.
    Period; Oct 2013 - April 2014
    No. of mentors in brackets.U15 Regional Football Cork West (5) Cork Mid-West (5) Cork North (5) Cork City (5) U16 Regional Football Cork West (5) Cork Mid-West (5) Cork North (5) Cork City (5)
    U15 Regional Hurling Cork East (5) Cork City (5) Cork North (5) Cork West (5) U16 Regional Hurling Cork East (5) Cork City (5) Cork North (5) Cork West (5)
    The teams listed above will play train regionally and play one official inter-regional game each on the Tuesday (hurling) and Thursday (football) of each of the four camps (Halloween, Xmas, Feb mid-term and Easter).
    Then on May 1st, the best of these players will mainly form the Cork B squads for the summer programme. The mentors for the Cork B tournament teams will be drawn from the pool of regional mentors.

Mardyke Panels

Period Oct 2013 - Oct 2014Cork U15 A football - 30 players - 5 mentors to be appointedCork U15 A hurling - 30 players - 5 mentors to be appointed
    Cork U16 A football - 30 players - 5 mentors to be appointedCork U16 A hurling - 30 players - 5 mentors to be appointed
    The teams listed will complete the camp programme from October to April and then mainly form the Cork A panel for tournaments for the summer programme.
    Camps will take place during school holidays running from 10am to 2pm on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.
    U14

The U14s will not go to camp at the Mardyke, but will instead play at regional level from Oct to April, before then forming county squads for the summer programme. They are currently under the supervision of the GDAs in each area.No. of mentors in brackets.
    U14 A & B Regional Football Cork West (5) Cork Mid-West (5) Cork North (5) Cork City (5) U14 A & B Regional Hurling Cork East (5) Cork City (5) Cork North (5) Cork West (5)
    The teams listed above will play train regionally and play one official inter-regional game each on the Tuesday (hurling) and Thursday (football) of each of the four camps (Halloween, Xmas, Feb mid-term and Easter).
    Then on May 1st, the best of these players will form the Cork A & B squads for the summer programme. The mentors for the Cork U14 tournament teams will be drawn from the GDAs and the pool of regional mentors.
    Pleas note that the calendar of dates has been agreed with Coiste na nOg officers, but further consultation with regional committees must follow, before it becomes official.

Coaches are asked to reply to this email, if interested in putting their name forward.

In your reply, please indicate the following:

Name & Club
    Whether you are interested in coaching football / hurling or both.
    The age group you are most interested in i.e. U14, U15, U16 or U17.
    The level i.e. Regional or County which would suit you best in terms of time
    The qualifications, capabilities and experience you feel you would bring to the position.

All replies by email only to Kevin O'Donovan at the following email address, before next Wednesday, October 16th.

rebelogacademy.cork@gaa.ie

All applications will be assessed by the appointments committee and based on their subsequent recommendations, all appointments will be made by Coiste na nOg.

Feel free to ring me if you have any queries, but applications must come in by email.

Mise le meas,

Kevin O'Donovan,

Cork Development Squads Administrator

Hamilton another big shock ,beat st colmans 5-23 to 4-9 the quater final today,callaghan cup.

Wasnt at it.

Their on sum role.

St colmans nt the same school since Denis ring left.

He is coaching fermoy against kanturk,tommorrow.

Colmans loss,blackwaters gain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭darragh_haven

Was at Castlehavens final training tonight. They have a fully fit squad to choose from. Nemo are waiting on the fitness of one or two but all expected to be fit.
    Looking through the thread over the last day or two, I'd be hoping for a macroom win in the intermediate. I Clyda have had savage bad luck in the last 3 years, but I saw a game they had against bantry and thought it was dire stuff. (The same could be said of Castlehaven football style last year I suppose)

Huge day in Cork gaa

Kanturk and fermoy at 4 ballyhea

Killeagh v sars

Bishoptown v midelton

U 16 county final Newtown v aghada

Castlelyons v youghal tonight -final

The league vote also.

Hope to god cork loose the vote,we keep our dignity ,and the Board learn cant have it their own way and their hit hard in the pockets next year,their as much reason were in the mess,they must like everyone else suffer the result of it.

It wnt happen though,a formality,it will be passed.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Huge day in Cork gaa

Killeagh v sars

Bishoptown v midelton

The league vote also.

Hope to god cork loose the vote,we keep our dignity ,and the Board learn cant have it their own way and their hit hard in the pockets next year,their as much reason were in the mess,they must like everyone else suffer the result of it.

Why on earth would you hope that? Jesus we got to an All-Ireland final and almost won it and you want us playing in an inferior league next year? I'd rather have 7 games against the top teams myself.

Why on earth would you hope that? Jesus we got to an All-Ireland final and almost won it and you want us playing in an inferior league next year? I'd rather have 7 games against the top teams myself.
    Pride and honour,and theirs such a thing as right and wrong.
    I never said i wanted us in an inferior league.I said many time,it will halt our progres.But we didnt stay up field play.End off.

Course i wanted cork to stay up ,but n the field play.Make no mistake bt it,if this was nt cork,even clare as champions ,it wdnt be changed.It wdnt even be enteratained.

If it was to be changed ,then next year,you cant have a relegation play off in april ,then change rules,cause lets be honest this has nothing to do with cork playing top teams,or to benfit limerick , it is that cork will loose money.

We cant have one rule us,another for 31 other counties.

Its the timing and the reasons behind the change is wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭Boots234

Huge day in Cork gaa

Killeagh v sars

Bishoptown v midelton

Castlelyons v youghal tonight -final

The league vote also.

Game over in the Sars-Killeagh match as Sars are already 3-5 to 5 points up

• Advertisement

Heading down shortly now for the second game. Should be a good one.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭ted2767

Because we didn't deserve to stay up.
    JBM said after the replay that we'd take our loss like men and now we should accept relegation and set about making our way back to division 1.

The bare faced cheek of the county board in engineering this is amazing.

If they dedicated as much time to looking after the games as they do to pulling strokes we'd win an AI every 3/4 years.

Under their watch Cork has become a sleeping giant and it'll take 10 yrs of grass roots work to get us back on top.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Canyon86

Youghal should beat Catlelyons tonight lads

Nice performance from Midleton today. Lehane showed some real class at time. Onwards!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 941 ✭✭✭yomtea98

Kanturk by a point.Delighted

• Registered Users Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭Boots234

Canyon86 wrote: »
    Youghal should beat Catlelyons tonight lads

They barely won

• Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭Straight Talker

Boots234 wrote: »
    They barely won

Hard luck to Castelyons and we did get lucky but i couldn't care less.Tonight was all about getting the win and we did that so the begrudgers know where they can go.:D Eochaill Abu!

Hard luck again to Castlelyons but we were there ourselves two years ago when we lost to Courcey Rovers but i have no doubt that Castlelyons will put tonight's disappointment right sooner rather than later.

Cork 1990 All Ireland Senior Hurling and Football Champions

yomtea98 wrote: »
    Kanturk by a point.Delighted
    Delighted kanturk won,but you would feel for Fermoy,terrfic display ,and you were right,it was tight.A fine crowd,in a great day hurling.Their can only be one winner.

Nash sum free to win it in the end.Unreal.Nash is such a star,hurling ,he is becoming the main attention at these games.

I thought Lorchan was very good,and walsh 3 nice scores aprox,faded at times but defo could add to cork.Cant wait for the final,five intercounty players ,all star players in each codes for Cork.

Good day for North cork.In Blarney Newtown won the County.

Their u 16 team won a terrfic game of hurling.Would have liked to be their, underage games are good ,just pure hurling.

Newtown beat an excellent Aghada 2-15 to 2-14.
    Talking to a lad at it,it was meant to be top quality on both teams,even on a poor ptich in blarney.

Donnacha Sheehan captain,Tim O Mahony and Darragh Guiney among others were meant to be excellent.

That is two countys in a few weeks for Newtown.

Midelton in fairness stood up to the task today.Lehane to get 1-13 out of their 2-18 sum scoring.Nagle was meant to be outstanding.Surely a recall to the Cork panel,if the form keeps up,espiceally if kenny and murphy go next year.

Na piarsaigh be a good game.Gardiner is still struggling with injury,gould hamstring trouble,for the last while.

They need those to be fully fit.Gould would be a huge loss,considering at least two of their forwards are converted backs,Buckley and O Rourke.

I look forward to looking at Ian Mcdonnell again.He is very wristy,fast hands,the worry is like cian mac,not great mobility.Caught some great ball the last day.

Apparently he is working very hard on the fitness.Time will tell.

Sars had a good win.They will miss O 'Sullivan if they get to the final,more so if they have to mark lehane.

Youghal fair play to them ,and the work they done,a lot of that started under Peter -Quelly.Delighted for Cooper, and Desmond who both deserved a bit of luck,but its hard to nt feel for Timmy Mac in particular.

Cant wait for Tuesday night and Fermoy and mallow.

Would not have thought they would be in the final but having seen the intermediate team today,a well coached team with denis ring.

He is with the u21 team.

Weather is great for october ,i hope it is dry in kildorrerry.

The motion for change of the league is just becoming more a joke,every day.

They refused to meet wexford offaly andtfriday,as they knew they were furious.

Now in a bid to shut up the outrage,they decide they will all take part in two groups,all the fuss,just to suit cork.

Its a definite ,cork will be in the top level next year.Wexford and offaly be happy now.The danger is they will change it again two years to the old way.

What a comic this story is becoming.

Making a mountain out of a mole hill,is this scenario.They should of reviewed it next year,save all the controversy.

Dinny Long is on hes down the N20,and taking a left turn outside Mallow ,For Clyda
    13- to 8.

Senior next year.

Superb win,absoultely delighted for them.It not always those that inflict the most pain,but those that endure the most pain,that emerge in glory,is a famous quote.

Clyda are true to every word.

No one can say Clyda havent endured heartbreak,so sob storys not just the last three finals,but Clyda have lost more finals than they won,bt never give up.

Heart,hunger,will,and when knocked down,just bounce back like a kangaroo,ready for the next hurdle.

RESilence ,is in spades with Clyda.

And they kept the best til last,no point playing great against Bantry ,and peaking two early.Their hardest task i said six wks ago,was getting to the final.Once they did,the final ,i felt this was their time.

I felt they would beat Nemo and win the final.They play defensive,as they dnt have forwards,that are free scoring ,but have got unfair critisicm , that there an injustice to football,and they play awful etc ,and dire,and not good for football.

Their win was a win that represents everything good in football.

Talk about over exaggeration.Today they were splendid,played a counter attacking game,at pace,movement,space and off loading in the taclkle like the All blacks.

They played a half forward deep ,but nt 12 men behind the ball.

And when they needed they kept ball ,like munster against tolouse 2008, just keep ball and protect what you have.

Some of their scores were top class.They played lovely football,macroom were slow,lateral relied too much on the goulds and kiely.

Clyda had jamesmurphy,niall and padraig mullane,two great servants, fitzgerald,o shea,ray and gavin carey and Kissane who like i knew macroom would put gould n him,suited them as it took gould out of the game,all superb.Cian o sullivan ex cork minor,nt normally a forward,brillant,sum pace.

Macroom i hope will win it ,but today nt their day.

To anyone that begrudged them i ,am sure they vindicated themselves ,no goal lost all season ,and the only team unbeaten,Deserving champions,and won in style.Total control.

They may have stumbled along,but today they were classy,and scintalating ,and above all Brave.

They were more attacking and it paid off.

Fortune favours the brave,and nothing is impossible to the brave and faithful.

Munster morals,but no stranger to this clyda team.

Delighted,truly delighted for them .Another great day North Cork.

Take a bow Clyda Rovers.

• Advertisement

Fair play to the Haven ,superb win.A credit to Cork football.A lot of crticics unhappy the Haven won,most make their victory sweeter.

Best of luck to them against Dr crokes.

Cahalane will be a huge loss ,against the Gooch.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement