Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork GAA Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Amprodude

in truth we were miles off.Should have conceded at least three goals.

Did we ever have control of this game.Never.

True but games are not won on missed chances. We had chances too but not as many as Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,069 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

We dont need a defensive mined one.Their is top class managers in cork,and if they want to have a totally defensive manager,Ned English who is line for the limerick job.

Name 3?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Thinkstoomuch

n32 wrote: »
    Before people start rejoicing at the news of Conor stepping down, it should be remembered that he took over the team in 2008 after 2 games in the league where we didnt field a team. We ended up in a semi final that year v Kerry. A haul of 1 All Ireland , 3 div 1NFL, 1 Div 2 NFL and 3 Munsters is pretty impressive. Despite this, the man has taken some severe sh!te from Cork supporters. He has made mistakes on the sideline but after all hes done as a player and manager I hope he takes no notice of that rubbish. Thanks to Conor for all his efforts

Forget the league titles to be fair.There nothing in regards an allireland.

Munster titles,all at home,when kerry had no great interest in them,is nothing to get carried away with.

Couinhan unlike JBM,had loads of talent to work with,and six guys that played in allireland final in 2007.

I for one ,have crticised him,and never personally,and as a fan that pays good money to watch Cork,were quite correct to criticse hes repeated mistakes.And like many fans,stand by them,and unforunately were proven right by tonights game.

Nobody doubted hes commitment.But he just was not up to it.

Name 3?
    We dont need three guys to manage cork.Just one will do.
    But i will give you threeJohn Cleary ,unlike Counihan,has a proven underage record and at castlehaven.

I mentioned Ned English already.These guys have club records couhinan never had.

Billy morgan,still doing super work with UCC.

Brian Cuthbert very much in tune with the modern game.

But i will give you threeJohn Cleary ,unlike Counihan,has a proven underage record and at castlehaven.

I mentioned Ned English already.These guys have club records couhinan never had.

What about John Finton Daly?

• Advertisement

I never said we did.

Morgan is not going to come back. The other 2 are unproven at this level.

Whoever gets it needs to really bring something positive with them. This team needs it.

Amprodude wrote: »
    True but games are not won on missed chances. We had chances too but not as many as Dublin.

We were never in control of any aspect of the field.Dublin had destroyed us all over the fieid,and if they had not started with Diarmuid connolly ,who i said was poor,would have beaten us by more.

Dublin beat us with creativity.pace and a well refined game plan ,with the best players in their best positions,something Cork have most games lacked under counihan.

What about John Finton Daly?

Yeah ,won an U21 medal in 94,but the face wont fit with the CCB.

He was overlooked in favour of larry tompkins.

Ned English wasnt even considered for the minor job,yet he won a limited Drom broadford a munster club title and done well with a limited Duhallow team.

I never said we did.

Morgan is not going to come back. The other 2 are unproven at this level.

Whoever gets it needs to really bring something positive with them. This team needs it.

I agree ,but morgan would take it in a heartbeat.

Yes their unproven,but a better record than what counihan had.

And they cant be as bad as couinhan was the last few years.

Yeah ,won an U21 medal in 94,but the face wont fit with the CCB.

He was overlooked in favour of larry tompkins.

Miltown in Kerry won the intermediate club championship under Daly. He certainly knows his stuff but the CCB are a bunch of w**kers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭scatman carruthers

Colin corkery Is the man for the job, if not then try billy Morgan again

• Registered Users Posts: 7,788 ✭✭✭corny

We were never in control of any aspect of the field.Dublin had destroyed us all over the fieid,and if they had not started with Diarmuid connolly ,who i said was poor,would have beaten us by more.

Dublin beat us with creativity.pace and a well refined game plan ,with the best players in their best positions,something Cork have most games lacked under counihan.

Truer words were never spoken! Connolly should pay for his self indulgence, and lets call a spade a spade it wasn't a poor performance it was sheer self indulgence. Slowing up the play, pot shots at the target etc. Don't think there's anything refined with Dublins gameplan though. I thought we were ragged when structure would have really exposed Cork. Just have exceptional individuals who work very hard.

I was a bit harsh on the Cork lads pre game but for the most part i thought they put in a good shift. The sight of Alan O' Connor chasing Jack McCaffrey was hilarious though. How Counihan didn't recognise himself and Canty didn't have the legs i'll never know.

1-0 to the Dubs!

Colin corkery Is the man for the job, if not then try billy Morgan again
    No no no.Even when you got for any job now,to even be considered you must meet the minium criteria,to even get an interview,like a pass in the leaving cert etc,or job expierence etc.

The same has to happen with the CCB.

Corkery has no expierence our record whatsoever.A great great player,but thats the problem in Cork great players,get the jobs,based on their reputations,when it must be CV based.

I agree ,but morgan would take it in a heartbeat.

Yes their unproven,but a better record than what counihan had.

And they cant be as bad as couinhan was the last few years.

I think Morgan was underrated alright. Got to 4 AI in a row (Kerry ref costing us 3 from 4).

Just got to AI final too soon in 2007.

corny wrote: »
    Truer words were never spoken! Connolly should pay for his self indulgence, and lets call a spade a spade it wasn't a poor performance it was sheer self indulgence. Slowing up the play, pot shots at the target etc. Don't think there's anything refined with Dublins gameplan though. I thought we were ragged when structure would have really exposed Cork. Just have exceptional individuals who work very hard.

I was a bit harsh on the Cork lads pre game but for the most part i thought they put in a good shift. The sight of Alan O' Connor chasing Jack McCaffrey was hilarious though. How Counihan didn't recognise himself and Canty didn't have the legs i'll never know.

1-0 to the Dubs!

Congrulations,better team won.

Ye can't beat kerry with Connolly,our ger brennan at Centre back.Cooper will torment him,and he will loose he's cool.

I think Morgan was underrated alright. Got to 4 AI in a row (Kerry ref costing us 3 from 4).

Just got to AI final too soon in 2007.
    Look im a cork man like you,and i get no joy in critcising counihan who was a wonderful player,but he had to go.

Morgan was a great manager.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭Rightwing

Look im a cork man like you,and i get no joy in critcising counihan who was a wonderful player,but he had to go.

Morgan was a great manager.

I still think cork football won't win much.....they seem to fall under the great underachievers category with limk hurlers and mayo footballers.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,788 ✭✭✭corny

Congrulations,better team won.

Ye can't beat kerry with Connolly,our ger brennan at Centre back.Cooper will torment him,and he will loose he's cool.

Cheers. We'll have too much legs for Kerry but those Mayo bastards will do us again if we have to play them.

Rightwing wrote: »
    I still think cork football won't win much.....they seem to fall under the great underachievers category with limk hurlers and mayo footballers.

I agree, we are bottlers. We have one of the worst records in All Ireland Finals. We dont have the tradition of winning like Kerry.

corny wrote: »
    Cheers. We'll have too much legs for Kerry but those Mayo bastards will do us again if we have to play them.

Dublins pace will be a problem for Kerry. But Kerrys quality and shooting in front of the posts will be a problem for Dublin.

• Advertisement

I agree although at least we win AI here and there unlike 2 above.

What about Anthiny Lynch has he had a go at management ?? Teddy Mcarthy was a decent dual star has he being involved with any clubs in cork .. Shay Fahy was a decent club man hed bring in decent experience

I agree, we are bottlers. We have one of the worst records in All Ireland Finals. We dont have the tradition of winning like Kerry.
    You build your own tradition.
    You can not change the past,what is gone is gone,and lost forever,but we can rewrite like tyrone our own history.

The future such is life,every breath we take,every move we make,is in our hands.As brian cocorcan said you choose your own attuitde in life.

We dont need to move mountains.We have the talent.

But to do that you can not pick a manager that has no record and take a chance.

You must make the right choice.

It is not about the chances you take,but rather the choices you make,thats defines your destiny.
    Corks football destiny relies on Cork making the right choice of manager.

I agree although at least we win AI here and there unlike 2 above.

limk hurlers or mayo footballers will win this year, breaking 1 of the 2 longest losing streaks in finals

What about Anthiny Lynch has he had a go at management ?? Teddy Mcarthy was a decent dual star has he being involved with any clubs in cork .. Shay Fahy was a decent club man hed bring in decent experience

Theres been 4 guys mentioned here that can do a job.Lynch is in dublin and a family buisness,he has no interest in it.

Teddy macarthy,has a woeful record,hes in newcastle west at the moment.Hopefully he will stay their.I woudnt be shocked if he was involved in cork management.

And again,great players dont always make top managers.Its a simple process,not complicated.You pick a guy with a record.

Theres been 4 guys mentioned here that can do a job.Lynch is in dublin and a family buisness,he has no interest in it.

Teddy macarthy,has a woeful record,hes in newcastle west at the moment.Hopefully he will stay their.I woudnt be shocked if he was involved in cork management.

mickey ned o sullivan :pac:

They might have to give Teddy Clifford a go again if no1 wants it

They might have to give Teddy Clifford a go again if no1 wants it

Who is Teddy Clifford?

mickey ned o sullivan :pac:

Mick o Dwyer ??

• Advertisement