Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1TB portable USB3 Harddrive £36.09 @ Amazon

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

Arrived in this thread about 6 days too late.
    :p

• Registered Users Posts: 23,848 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

mailburner wrote: »
    just emailed my rant..fingers crossed :D

waste of time :p

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭losttheplot

Quaderno wrote: »
    Mine arrived today, sent from Germany. It's slightly bigger and heavier than I expected, but it feels really solid. I have no USB 3.0 port to test it at full speed, but truecrypt right now writes at about 21MB/s via USB 2.0 (AES). That means 12 hours for a full encryption cycle, but I don't trust the closed source encryption supplied with the disk. I think it will do the job very well :)
    Remember to register the drive within 90 days after purchase to secure the 3 year warranty.

Yes! After having tried unsucessfully for many of the Amazon 'mis prices' posted here I have finally got one. I just received my 1TB drive. :D Great value and many thanks to OP. Now to start filling it with important stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

Same here, got it this morning, much love OP.

Not to format it to work on the PS :confused:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

to fat32 i think

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Block (8

Thanks Quaderno, mines has arrived today as well :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

I did that thanks, annoying you can only do it in 30gb chunks (in Win7 anyways). Pity most of my videos aren't AVI :(

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Bartyman

Mine arrived this lunchtime, happy days !!!:D

Thanks very much OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭blobbie

blobbie wrote: »
    Got canned as well.

For a laugh I flipped them an email giving out.

Got back a "Dear Customer.....yada, yada"

with footnote of

"Your feedback is helping us build Earth's Most Customer-Centric Company."

Well, if ye want to be customer centric, try using my name - FFS :D

A few emails back & forth and got them to honour the original price :D

Basis of the argument was that they had honoured orders placed for the item at the quoted price and thus it was not a legitimate claim by amazon that is was a mis-price issue. Also played a little on their customer centric claim.

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭HHH

Mine arrived today, Great find OP thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Fook ye all, only joking well done lads:p

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭long_b

Must remember to unsubscribe from the BA threads I didn't get on :(

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭roboshatner

**** I cannot believe I missed that.

I would have loved to buy one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

Picked mine up from the Post office this morning. They are a little chunky, but a great bargain, Thanks again OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭ryanmatty

mailburner wrote: »
    waste of time :p

Lads its not a waste of time. I emailed them yesterday evening at 5. Just said i was disappointed to have my order cancelled but when i heard people had got them at that price i asked was a mistake made with my order cancellation. Also i thought that amazon was a customer centric based company but the cancellation went against this business ethics.

To my surprise i had a reply this morning at 9 offering me the hard drive at the 36.09 GBP price. Happy Days :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Jonny7

ryanmatty wrote: »
    Lads its not a waste of time. I emailed them yesterday evening at 5. Just said i was disappointed to have my order cancelled but when i heard people had got them at that price i asked was a mistake made with my order cancellation. Also i thought that amazon was a customer centric based company but the cancellation went against this business ethics.

To my surprise i had a reply this morning at 9 offering me the hard drive at the 36.09 GBP price. Happy Days :D

jaysus from bargain hawks to beggars :)

In fairness they just made a misprice, and they have a disclaimer covering it, boggles my mind why people are trying to scab off them but anywhoo

Jonny7 wrote: »

In fairness they just made a misprice, and they have a disclaimer covering it, boggles my mind why people are trying to scab off them but anywhoo

Ya but the disclaimer stands for nothing when they have honored the price for others which they have done.

Anyway i have one coming for the cheaper price and all because of a simple email asking why my order was cancelled when the price was given to others!!:P

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Daibheid

Such high principles! Jackie Healy-Rae take note

• Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭Onikage

It's poor form to issue an email saying NOBODY will get the misprice, and to then turn around and honour it for some! Either nobody, or everybody should get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Del007

ryanmatty wrote: »

What address did you email?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭pissed

I contacted them again today but got the same reply as the last time.
    Thank you for contacting Amazon.co.uk.

We regret that the pricing error occurred and we are sorry that you are disappointed with our decision to cancel your order for Iomega eGo III 1TB Portable Compact USB 3.0 External Hard Drive with Belt.

In our Pricing and Availability Policy (see http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=1040614), we state that where an item's correct price is higher than our stated price, we will cancel the order and notify you of that cancellation.

For further information on our Conditions of Use and Sale, please see our online Help Desk at the following link:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=1040616

Data Protection guidelines prevent us from commenting on customer or order information that is not related to your account.

Despite our best efforts, due to the extensive nature of our catalogue, pricing errors can occasionally occur. We endeavour to provide our customers with the best possible customer experience and we realise that on this occasion, as a result of a pricing error, we have not met that standard.

We hope this e-mail answers your concerns and that you will give us an opportunity to serve you again.

Thank you for your patience and understanding in this matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,961 ✭✭✭dodzy

Words of one who received the "tough luck" email I guess:rolleyes:
    Onikage wrote: »
    It's poor form to issue an email saying NOBODY will get the misprice, and to then turn around and honour it for some! Either nobody, or everybody should get it.
    Agreed; but fair play to those who secured one anyway*

*hats off to ryanmatty;)

Del007 wrote: »
    What address did you email?

I used the following link to contact them.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/email

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Leeg17 wrote: »
    I did that thanks, annoying you can only do it in 30gb chunks (in Win7 anyways). Pity most of my videos aren't AVI :(

http://tokiwa.qee.jp/EN/Fat32Formatter/ I use that but it doesn't work past windows vista.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

probably depends who replied? I got rejecteed :p

Just got it there today. Nice bit of kit for the price. Thanks OP

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Jonny7

dodzy wrote: »
    Words of one who received the "tough luck" email I guess:rolleyes:

I buy from amazon a lot.. I just never thought to try and get something outta them cos they made a misprice

If you spot a misprice in a local shop, you can "chance" it and see what happens, but I don't expect anyone of you would be demanding some form of "compensation" from the manager of the shop for it.. dress it whichever way ... its still just scabbery of the highest order :)

I buy from amazon a lot.. I just never thought to try and get something outta them cos they made a misprice

If you spot a misprice in a local shop, you can "chance" it and see what happens, but I don't expect anyone of you would be demanding some form of "compensation" from the manager of the shop for it.. dress it whichever way ... its still just scabbery of the highest order :)

AFAIK if omething is priced wrong ina shop you get to buy it at that price?

• Subscribers Posts: 16,575 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

AFAIK if omething is priced wrong ina shop you get to buy it at that price?

No, you don't. Unless the shop has their own non binding 'misprice' policy which a few big UK stores do.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

copacetic wrote: »
    No, you don't. Unless the shop has their own non binding 'misprice' policy which a few big UK stores do.

There must be both offer and acceptance for it to be binding.
    The shop can offer but dont have to accept the money for the product

Advertisement