Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1TB portable USB3 Harddrive £36.09 @ Amazon

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Bartyman

Got no cancellation email, but just got this...............:D

Dear Customer,

Greetings from Amazon.co.uk,

We are writing to let you know that the following item has been sent
    to:

Amazon.co.uk items (Sold by Amazon EU S.a.r.L.):

1 Iomega eGo III 1TB Portabl... £36.09 1 £36.09

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

me too :)

Thanks OP.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

daytob wrote: »
    I got those cancelled emails as have everyone else but look what just arrived in my inbox :)
    4:18 PM (2 minutes ago)

Dear Customer,

Greetings from Amazon.co.uk,

We are writing to let you know that the following item has been sent
    to:

Amazon.co.uk items (Sold by Amazon EU S.a.r.L.):

1 Iomega eGo III 1TB Portabl... £36.09 1 £36.09

Dispatched via Deutsche Post DHL (estimated arrival date: June 27, 2011).

Item Subtotal: £29.83
    Delivery and handling: £0.00
    VAT: £6.26

Total: £36.09

When was the estimated dispatch for you originally?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭alastair_doom

ordered a single drive @ 18 June 2011 12:03
    Dispatch estimate for these items: 20 Jun 2011

Just got the dispatch email. Thanks OP

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭HHH

Mine is dispatched too :) Great stuff OP!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

i ordered mine at 1ish and it's been cancelled, no fair!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭anthony4335

Just check my account and it says that my order was dispatched yeepeeeeeee!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭biebiebie

Cancelled my order too. Order nonexistent when I login, so no hope for me then :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭long_b

Cancelled :(

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Quaderno

Nice to see that some orders actually went through. I think the "usable time frame" for this BA was about one hour and ten minutes, since it was posted at 11:42 and the drive went out of stock at amazon at around 12:52. So everybody who ordered from 12:53 onwards will probably have the order cancelled, orders made before that time should have been confirmed by now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,706 ✭✭✭Voodu Child

Quaderno wrote: »
    Nice to see that some orders actually went through. I think the "usable time frame" for this BA was about one hour and ten minutes, since it was posted at 11:42 and the drive went out of stock at amazon at around 12:52. So everybody who ordered from 12:53 onwards will probably have the order cancelled, orders made before that time should have been confirmed by now.

I ordered at 12:09 and got the cancellation email. Ordered a few other items at the same time so maybe that slowed it down or summat. Just cancelled those other items out of spite :pac:

Ah well, nothing ventured nothing gained.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭CH3OH

Got the lovely " Your Amazon.co.uk order has dispatched" email.

I just love Amazon efficiency

Now ... why did I order this?

to give it to me :p

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,600 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Bugger..... just checked.... email recieved meaning it won't be!

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭blobbie

Got canned as well.

For a laugh I flipped them an email giving out.

Got back a "Dear Customer.....yada, yada"

with footnote of

"Your feedback is helping us build Earth's Most Customer-Centric Company."

Well, if ye want to be customer centric, try using my name - FFS :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,431 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Complained as well, got an email back saying the pricing was a mistake and all that crap. I have asked them if they can escalate the issue otherwise I will complain to consumer rights.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭shamu2new

canned also (

• Registered Users Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭Ideo

cancelled! booo-urns

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭dan185

Complained as well, got an email back saying the pricing was a mistake and all that crap. I have asked them if they can escalate the issue otherwise I will complain to consumer rights.
    good luck with that.

there's a reason they add this disclaimer to their site. You won't be the only one to complain, and just like the others who do you're just wasting your own time.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

Cancellation email here too, pah. Ah well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭chris1970

mine saying dispatched
    Delivery #1: Dispatched on 20 Jun 2011
    Delivery estimate:27 Jun 2011 (More about estimates)
    1 package via Deutsche Post DHL

Heil op! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Sorry but you haven't a hope. "Invitation to treat"

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Quaderno

Mine arrived today, sent from Germany. It's slightly bigger and heavier than I expected, but it feels really solid. I have no USB 3.0 port to test it at full speed, but truecrypt right now writes at about 21MB/s via USB 2.0 (AES). That means 12 hours for a full encryption cycle, but I don't trust the closed source encryption supplied with the disk. I think it will do the job very well :)
    Remember to register the drive within 90 days after purchase to secure the 3 year warranty.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Jonny7

Are you serious?

They have thousands upon thousands of items for sale - sometimes, rarely, they make a misprice - they even have it in their blurb that it can happen from time to time and they reserve the right to pull it

We all hawked in on one of the mistakes, now some of us being all "Dear Amazon, my consumer roights have been affected by this roysh"

jaysus

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

Quaderno wrote: »

The link says £85.30 what have i done wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Hootanany wrote: »
    what have i done wrong.
    Arrived in this thread about 6 days too late.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,431 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Would advise people to complain. Got a £ 20 voucher for my rants.

lmao!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,848 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

just emailed my rant..fingers crossed :D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

:rolleyes:

Advertisement