Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beer Festival RDS 23-25 September

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭noby

Thanks to everyone who came out to the RDS over the weekend. From a brewer's perspective we are really delighted with the organisation and with how smoothly it ran all weekend.

Both the seciruty and the Gardaí complimented the organisers on such a well run, trouble-free event. I think it's great to show that we can enjoy a beer event in a mature fashion, and this can only help the organisers in preparing for year two - so well done all!

The only gripes (e.g. food stalls) seem to be minor and easily rectified for next year, so fair play to the organisers. The whole wekend ran very smoothly, and a big thanks in particular to the volunteers from Beoir who manned the door for the weekend and were there to help out wherever they were needed.
    Roll on next year...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Bambi wrote: »
    there was no way I could try everything I wanted to and stay half sober, I was actually pouring beer out to try sample as much as possible
    Bear in mind that most of the beers are available in good quality pubs and off licences all year round.
    Bambi wrote: »
    Highlights :
    the clotworthy dobbin stuff, mighty altogether
    dark arts porter
    In Dublin, Dark Arts is permanently on tap in Against the Grain, L. Mulligan Grocer and (I think) the Bull & Castle. All three have bottled Clotworthy Dobbin too.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Great craic at this. I was the spiky haired lad manning the front desk, definitely volunteering again next year. :)

Highlights included Clothworthy Dobbin (aged 19months in whiskey barrels), Metalman Pale Ale on cask and White Gypsy who very kindly left me and some other volunteers help ourselves on Sunday night. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,024 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

BeerNut wrote: »
    In Dublin, Dark Arts is permanently on tap in Against the Grain, L. Mulligan Grocer and (I think) the Bull & Castle. All three have bottled Clotworthy Dobbin too.

Dark Arts is, IMO, possibly the best of the current crop of Irish Beers. It's definitely worth visiting any of the mentioned alehouses for a few pints.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭Diarmuid

Really enjoyed my few hours at the RDS on Saturday. Thanks to the brewers for the friendly reception and the generous measures!

Have to say I'm loving my new pint glass...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,447 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Are any of the White Gypsy beers available in bottle in off-licences in Dublin?

Advertisement