Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

University of Limerick - Who's going?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭GV_NRG

biggaman wrote: »
    I'm headin to UL too :)
    Psychology or PE hopefully, I don't really know yet, haven't made my mind up! :D
    Booked inte Plassey, was gonna go to cappavilla cause it'd be closer t de buildings, but is it not suppose to be for the older 2/3rd yr students no?

ya it is.. at least thats what i heard anyway. nearly all of us are going to plassey! theres supposed to be serious banter there

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭biggaman

GV_NRG wrote: »
    ya it is.. at least thats what i heard anyway. nearly all of us are going to plassey! theres supposed to be serious banter there
    was thinkin. your one that ya ring for help told me to go there tho, well told my mammy :D
    Then I looked on boards.ie, and informed my mother that college wont be consisting of quite nights in sitting in a rocking chair going over the day's lecture notes.. and booked plassey instead

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭C__

Aragneer wrote: »
    Oh wow! This is great :D I felt so scared going by myself but now I'm feeling pretty happy :) Is anyone here from Mayo? :D

I'm doing Arts in English and History :) Need around 360. That's my second choice. First is just arts but is about 435 points :/

:O
    I am going doing the same course as you English and History as my first choice. The course was 385 last year tho not 360.

I booked Kilmurry my sister went there and she said it was crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭flyaway.

C__ wrote: »
    :O
    I am going doing the same course as you English and History as my first choice. The course was 385 last year tho not 360.

I booked Kilmurry my sister went there and she said it was crazy.

I booked Kilmurry as well! I was starting to worry if I was the only person not going to Plassey. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭highlydebased

flyaway. wrote: »
    I have English and New Media down, and also just Arts! Who knows, we might end up in the same classes. :P

I'm going into 2nd year in that course, it's great! Any questions give me a shout :cool:

People doing Eng+His, NME, Language Literature film etc all end up in most the same classes.

• Advertisement

biggaman wrote: »
    was thinkin. your one that ya ring for help told me to go there tho, well told my mammy :D
    Then I looked on boards.ie, and informed my mother that college wont be consisting of quite nights in sitting in a rocking chair going over the day's lecture notes.. and booked plassey instead

^^epic :p haha

• Registered Users Posts: 20 casperkiid

Yay I'm going too! Don't know anybody though :confused:

Applied Languages I hope, need about 460. .

ME TOO!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭C__

flyaway. wrote: »
    I booked Kilmurry as well! I was starting to worry if I was the only person not going to Plassey. :P

I went in one day with the school for a tour and stuff and we went to Kilmurry to a friends house and the chairs were broken and their nieghbours had a duck and a cat in the house :L:L

casperkiid wrote: »
    ME TOO!

now you do know someone problem solved! :) haha

C__ wrote: »
    I went in one day with the school for a tour and stuff and we went to Kilmurry to a friends house and the chairs were broken and their nieghbours had a duck and a cat in the house :L:L

as far as i know, plassey is being restored this summer so weer going to be the first people in it since its been restored and weer going to have all new stuff and plasma screens and everything :P haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 casperkiid

now you do know someone problem solved! :) haha

French, Spannish and Japanese all the way kid :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

I am :D

I had totally changed my mind about it, but decided I'm definitely going again.

Either Law or Business for me! :D

Oops.. Forgot to mention I'm from Waterford and booked Plassey and don't know anyone going except Soccymonster >_>

<_<

• Registered Users Posts: 35 easkey92

im hoping to do Materials and Architectural Technology!!
    booked plassey i think !!
    no one seems to be go there from my school

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭RHunce

easkey92 wrote: »

Join the club man! Myself and Cydoniac are hopefully going to be doing that too! Welcome :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭Daniel S

easkey92 wrote: »
    You wouldn't surf by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭highlydebased

as far as i know, plassey is being restored this summer so weer going to be the first people in it since its been restored and weer going to have all new stuff and plasma screens and everything :P haha

Half of plassey was renovated last summer, the remaining half this summer. They are pretty nice, flat screen tv and unbelievably comfortable couches

• Registered Users Posts: 49 paperplane93

casperkiid wrote: »
    ME TOO!

Doubt i'll get the points though, I just did a rough calculation and im nowhere near it. Probably should have take these exams more seriously :rolleyes:
    I'll settle for European Studies though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭Daniel S

Doubt i'll get the points though, I just did a rough calculation and im nowhere near it. Probably should have take these exams more seriously :rolleyes:
    I'll settle for European Studies though :)
    I might see you there if I don't get engineering :)

Half of plassey was renovated last summer, the remaining half this summer. They are pretty nice, flat screen tv and unbelievably comfortable couches

nice i cant f***in wait!! haha :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Aragneer

nice i cant f***in wait!! haha :D

Can't wait either :D It's so exciting!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49 paperplane93

Hey does anyone know if there's an open day during the summer or something? I haven't a clue about the college. I was never in it. :confused: But I would love to have a look at Plassey just to know where i'll be staying.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

Wow, there's a load of yas going to UL :eek:

I have Equine Science down but it's my 5th choice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Aragneer

Hey does anyone know if there's an open day during the summer or something? I haven't a clue about the college. I was never in it. :confused: But I would love to have a look at Plassey just to know where i'll be staying.

I haven't seen the campus at all but if you call the college they can arrange a day for you to look around or yo ucan go down anytime :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

music media and performance technology 350-360 points second choice. either way i'm going limerick all my choices are U.L or L.I.T

CAAAAANT WAAAAAIT!!!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

This is quite a good idea for a thread, if more were made with each college it would be a great way to meet boardsies going to the same place next year! (with mr. Longhorns permission of course :pac:)
    It mightn't be any harm to wait a day or two until most of the exams are over, and the Pre / Post threads have calmed down a bit.

Other than that, I don't see any issue at all.

hey everyone :) so i got accepted for HEAR :) anyone else here get it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

I'm heading down to UL today to check out the campus. If anyone (woodwork people in particular) wants to meet up with me, send me a PM and I'll drop you my number. Should be sometime in the afternoon/evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭Chris Martin

UL - Science Choice,
    Should be in alright :D

Anyone getting accommodation up there?
    House with many 5/6 bedrooms,
    Been researching and prices seldom go above 900/1000
    And that's the top end of the scale...
    The more the cheaper eh?! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 35 easkey92

mtb_kng wrote: »
    You wouldn't surf by any chance?

i don't actually but i can understand why you thunk that

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Brains?

I'm hoping to do Biology with physics/chemistry and education! need around 465 to be safe, but really hoping the points come down a small bit! :P

I think I'm the only one in my year heading to UL, oh well! :rolleyes: :P

Really looking foward to it though! :D

Advertisement