Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

University of Limerick - Who's going?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 irishpatsfan

im going doing business its 385 im praying i get it!

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭njd2010

I don't think there's ever been a History paper that's technically good or bad, just depends what you have prepared. For me, despite being an A student all year and working till the cows come home to keep my grades up, It was a train wreck- not a single Irish essay I could really do, only half of one of my prepared Nazi essays was usable since they asked pre-ww2, and my MLK essay was just a boycott essay with his name thrown in a few more times. I left about 40 minutes early- as ye know, you should be running out of time for History not leaving early. Gutted about it. Worst part is, I didn't bother studying for Irish since I didn't need it for UL. Now, if I fail both Irish and History.... no courses for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Aragneer

njd2010 wrote: »
    I don't think there's ever been a History paper that's technically good or bad, just depends what you have prepared. For me, despite being an A student all year and working till the cows come home to keep my grades up, It was a train wreck- not a single Irish essay I could really do, only half of one of my prepared Nazi essays was usable since they asked pre-ww2, and my MLK essay was just a boycott essay with his name thrown in a few more times. I left about 40 minutes early- as ye know, you should be running out of time for History not leaving early. Gutted about it. Worst part is, I didn't bother studying for Irish since I didn't need it for UL. Now, if I fail both Irish and History.... no courses for me.

Just think really positively. Unfortunately none of the stuff I studied came up but everything that did come up was stuff I could really bluff my way through and write a decent four pages. I actually don't do Irish so I really have to do well for all my subjects :/ I'm sure History went well, you just feel that it went bad. Just be optimistic :D I'm sure we'll see you in UL this year :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

I'm going to UL :D Well hopefully if i can get the points and i've plassey down as first pref since february so ya never know, any of us could be living together come september :P

• Registered Users Posts: 49 paperplane93

Was very happy with French :) but for History, I just felt there was too much questions on key personalities and I didnt study that a whole lot. Plus I never expected they would put up Stalin 2 years in a row :confused:
    I am too.. if I get the points which seems highly unlikely as I completely fcuked up history today :(
    But still my 3 first choices are in UL lol
    1 language with concurent teacher education
    2 language litterature anf film
    3 european studies

Aww cool thats something similar to my cao :) How did french go for you today ? Just assuming you do french because of your username :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37 frenchy1992

Aww cool thats something similar to my cao How did french go for you today ? Just assuming you do french because of your username

LOL I am French.. So not too bad haha X)

I'm going to UL :D Well hopefully if i can get the points and i've plassey down as first pref since february so ya never know, any of us could be living together come september :P

Can't wait to see who I can annoy :D Haha. I'm really excited now guys! :) It's going to be class!

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭flyaway.

Aragneer wrote: »
    Oh wow! This is great :D I felt so scared going by myself but now I'm feeling pretty happy :) Is anyone here from Mayo? :D

I'm doing Arts in English and History :) Need around 360. That's my second choice. First is just arts but is about 435 points :/

I have English and New Media down, and also just Arts! Who knows, we might end up in the same classes. :P

@Frenchy1992

Hahahaha I should have copped on :rolleyes: What other language are you thinking of doing ?

flyaway. wrote: »
    I have English and New Media down, and also just Arts! Who knows, we might end up in the same classes. :P

Oh that'd be really cool! :D How many points do you need for English and New Media? :)

• Advertisement

Oh that'd be really cool! :D How many points do you need for English and New Media? :)

It was 375 last year. It's my second choice though. But I'll be doing English with my first choice too. I love English if you couldn't tell. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 frenchy1992

I duno :/ either Spanish or Japanese :)
    wbu ?

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭clonadlad

Cydoniac wrote: »
    In a good or bad way :eek:
    In a good way obviously.

I can't wait for September. Plassey booked since January!

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭TheFullDuck

This is quite a good idea for a thread, if more were made with each college it would be a great way to meet boardsies going to the same place next year! (with mr. Longhorns permission of course :pac:)

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭chicgroovy101

Fireball07 wrote: »
    Me too! 2 of my friends are doing it too. Should be class.

A lot of my friends are in UL and they see it's brilliant.

awh cool :) I'm really nervous, I'll know no-one! :rolleyes:

Oh yeah, I love English too :D I need 435 for first choice or 360 for my second :D I should hopefully get at least one of them :D will just be delighted to be in Limerick <3

I'll know no-one too :) PM me and stay in touch :D we can know someone then :D

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭GV_NRG

im going to UL too! :) biomedical engineering hopeful 425 points so its a bit iffy after the maths paper :/ glad to see tjere is so many going and even gladder theres gonna be so many staying in plassey!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭RHunce

My friend does it! Loves it. He's more the accounting side of things though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 UL

As you can see from my name I'm definitely heading to UL! Its gonna be mental! I'm hoping to study Gen Nursing but will probably end up doing Mental Health since the points for General are a bit too high for me. All my choices are there :D

• Advertisement

GV_NRG wrote: »
    im going to UL too! :) biomedical engineering hopeful 425 points so its a bit iffy after the maths paper :/ glad to see tjere is so many going and even gladder theres gonna be so many staying in plassey!!! :D

Wow :L There are going to be a load of us from the boards ganging up on the strangers who don't go on these :D Woot!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

Wow :L There are going to be a load of us from the boards ganging up on the strangers who don't go on these :D Woot!!

if anyone asks, we met at irish college.

>>
    <<

:P

>>
    <<

Oh yes, we've known each other since we were two and planned it all :L

>>
    <<

exactly they'll never know the difference!!

i kind of feel a bit left out though, ye are all up the country, im from cork like! :P

i kind of feel a bit left out though, ye are all up the country, im from cork like! :P

I'm from West Cork ;)

Ah don't feel left out :) I'm up in Mayo and don't know anyone from there so it's okay :)

Fancy adding me on fbook? :D

flyaway. wrote: »
    I'm from West Cork ;)

wahey a fellow corkonian!!! thats the job!! haha :D
    Ah don't feel left out :) I'm up in Mayo and don't know anyone from there so it's okay :)

Fancy adding me on fbook? :D

ya go on sure you might aswell!! haha :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭Daniel S

Cydoniac wrote: »
    Take your petty comments elsewhere and stop trying to give UL a name it doesn't deserve :/
    We only stab half the people others say we do...

Anyway hopefully Mech Eng in UL but after that maths exam, i'll be taking the special maths exam.

Booked into Cappavilla cos I'm a smug bollox.

I duno :/ either Spanish or Japanese :)
    wbu ?

Hoping to do French and German, i'd like to do Japanese but I dont think it'll be as useful to me as German. Sounds like a good course though, I really hope I get it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭biggaman

mtb_kng wrote: »
    We only stab half the people others say we do...

Anyway hopefully Mech Eng in UL but after that maths exam, i'll be taking the special maths exam.

Booked into Cappavilla cos I'm a smug bollox.

I'm headin to UL too :)
    Psychology or PE hopefully, I don't really know yet, haven't made my mind up! :D
    Booked inte Plassey, was gonna go to cappavilla cause it'd be closer t de buildings, but is it not suppose to be for the older 2/3rd yr students no?

Advertisement