Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Joe Rogan Experience Podcasts

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭completedit

Musk on again. Listened to a bit. Musk probably has a far more interesting mind than he appears to have. He seems quite slow witted in ways. You can tell he's introverted and has to process information thoroughly before spitting it out but it lends itself to bad interviews. Wouldn't annoy me but the "He's an Alien/AI because he visually looks like he is processing his thoughts" comments are so cringeworthy.

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Coneygree

The Internet's adoration for him over the smallest thing he does is very embarrassing. However I enjoyed the first podcast, he's an interesting guy.

Musk has Asperger's or mild autism I reckon..

• Registered Users Posts: 20,535 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Francis Ngannou one was very good,

I reckon even if you are not an MMA fan you would enjoy it as it is mainly about his illegal journey from Cameroon to Europe

For Francis English is his 3rd language so it can be a bit slow in parts ,You could tell Joe was trying to speed him up ,
    i think he could have done with a bout 5 hours as so much went on and id have liked more detail ,

I'd also imagine there are a lot of things Francis left out that the wider audience may have judged him for ,
    As life of an African trying to flea the continent could bring up some things people might find morally wrong ,

Strangely I think he could have down with 4 or 5 hours ,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Mic 1972

Musk on again. Listened to a bit. Musk probably has a far more interesting mind than he appears to have. He seems quite slow witted in ways. You can tell he's introverted and has to process information thoroughly before spitting it out but it lends itself to bad interviews. Wouldn't annoy me but the "He's an Alien/AI because he visually looks like he is processing his thoughts" comments are so cringeworthy.

I like Elon, there's something more human and down to heart about him that is totally lacking in all the other current bit tech millionaires

• Advertisement

My usual podcast app just sent me a clip of the Elon Musk interview. I'm guessing not a lot of people migrated onto spotify. I know I've barely listened to Joe since he moved there. I think covid influenced that too though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

My usual podcast app just sent me a clip of the Elon Musk interview. I'm guessing not a lot of people migrated onto spotify. I know I've barely listened to Joe since he moved there. I think covid influenced that too though.

Yeah, I noticed that. An 11 minutes clip; first time anything has appeared on that stream since he moved to Spotify.

I really dislike Spotify, even for music, and hate the idea of service-locked podcasts, so I've not even entertained the idea of looking for JRE on there.

I'd love to get even a rough insight into the numbers he's lost but I'd say it's huge. The clips posted on YouTube are still getting millions of views pretty quickly, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

I only listen to it now when someone I really want to hear is on, whereas I would have watched anyone really when it was on youtube.

On the flipside, I find my youtube time has gone down an awful lot as a result, I could possibly get bored with a podcast and start listening to music - now im just not on youtube to do that either.

I think youtube has lost more than spotify has gained.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭yermandan

I managed to find an RSS feed that I could put into Podcast Addict. Found it on Reddit and still have every episode downloading onto PA. Might be worth a search

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

yermandan wrote: »
    I managed to find an RSS feed that I could put into Podcast Addict. Found it on Reddit and still have every episode downloading onto PA. Might be worth a search

https://spotifeed.timdorr.com/4rOoJ6Egrf8K2IrywzwOMk

That's the rss feed.

Seems to work fine.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

No show this week so far? I wonder has the weather conditions been a problem.

Does make me laugh a bit, Texans with their rugged, can-do, independent frontiersman notion of themselves and this weather spell has people burning their baby's cots.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭BrentMused

Finally got around to listening to the Francis Ngannou podcast and wow, what a listen that was.

The 3 and a half hours just flew by and is up there with one of Rogan's best ever IMO, certainly in the last couple of years anyway. It was helped by the fact that Joe let Francis speak freely and didn't interject anywhere near as much as he usually does.

That podcast certainly helped to put things into perspective, especially in the current climate.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Magown3

I haven't listened to a single podcast since he moved on Spotify.
    For me it was the straw that broke the camels back. He was becoming more annoying to me, constantly cutting people off or waffling himself.

2 things stand out for me that happened on his show. One was a really funny guy he Had on, the guy from YouTube channel Rich Rebuilds , he was making so many jokes that were really funny and Joe either heard them and didn't get it or was just plain not listening to him.

I recently discovered a US comedian that puts out 3/4 min clips on YouTube, great for filling in that amount of time if you have to sit down ye know. It's good clean easy to watch stuff. So I wondered if he was ever on JRE, which he was. I gave it a listen and a 3 hour podcast turned out to be joe talking for 2.5 hours and it really boiled my piss. In fact, that could have been the last one I listened to

• Registered Users Posts: 9,800 ✭✭✭take everything

Anyone know how to find JRE on Spotify.

Any time I've done a search it's all old podcasts from years back.

Do I need to reinstall Spotify.

Edit: reinstalling fixes it. Thanks

Anyone know how to find JRE on Spotify.

Any time I've done a search it's all old podcasts from years back.

Do I need to reinstall Spotify.

You probably just need to sort by date..

You probably just need to sort by date..

No reinstalling fixes it.
    Sorting by date didn't work before.
    Thanks.

Just watching the Elon Musk podcast there.

I am not a fanboy of Musk but it's amazing that the richest man in the world is so accessible and seemingly down to earth (no pun intended) and he's clearly a guy who thinks a lot about things.

Very interesting guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

Just watching the Elon Musk podcast there.

I am not a fanboy of Musk but it's amazing that the richest man in the world is so accessible and seemingly down to earth (no pun intended) and he's clearly a guy who thinks a lot about things.

Very interesting guy.
    The Musk interview reminds me of what Bill Burr had to say about Steve Jobs. He gives no praise to the team of people who actually did the work.
    I couldn't warm to Musk at all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ew6fv9UUlQ8

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,150 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I never realised people actually thought he was smart.

MadYaker wrote: »

• Registered Users Posts: 14,354 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Had a conversation at work the last day with two young fellas about Joe Rogan. They were big fans: "he's really smart. He reads loads."

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

At one point he seemed quite open to listening to more intelligent people, which is a good sign of not being a moron yourself, but over the years he's got pretty insufferable and takes up far too much time with his own ideas/opinions. The most I listen to these days is when a clip starts trending.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,150 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I used to watch the clips and a few of the interviews he did with people who never do interviews were good but since he moved to Spotify I've paid zero attention to him and I doubt I'm the only one. This thread has sure gotten quiet since he made the move.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,632 ✭✭✭nerd69

I used to watch the clips and a few of the interviews he did with people who never do interviews were good but since he moved to Spotify I've paid zero attention to him and I doubt I'm the only one. This thread has sure gotten quiet since he made the move.

I forgot the podcast existed tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭EddieN75

You can listen on Spotify without paying a cent. I wouldn't pay for it but it's handy background noise when out for a stroll

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Laszlo Cravensworth

The JR podcasts can be very enjoyable as long as you cherry pick what to listen to. Most of the stand up comedian guest and navy seal podcasts are very boring and samey but every now and then you'll see him interview an interesting person.

I really don't like JR as a comedian. His material is just not appealing to me. He has zero comedic finesse or subtlety

The Professor Brian Greene episode was quite enjoyable. Joe talked a bit too much, as usual, but I enjoyed it nonetheless.

I am now going to go and eat a breakfast of freshly hunted elk meat along with 2kg of vitamin D.

Dmt is good craic in fairness

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,535 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

The JR podcasts can be very enjoyable as long as you cherry pick what to listen to. Most of the stand up comedian guest and navy seal podcasts are very boring and samey but every now and then you'll see him interview an interesting person.

I really don't like JR as a comedian. His material is just not appealing to me. He has zero comedic finesse or subtlety

The Professor Brian Greene episode was quite enjoyable. Joe talked a bit too much, as usual, but I enjoyed it nonetheless.

I am now going to go and eat a breakfast of freshly hunted elk meat along with 2kg of vitamin D.

Have to agree with the above a lot of guest are boring but every so often one is brilliant ,

Again as you said Brian Greene is always a good listen ,

Advertisement