Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Joe Rogan Experience Podcasts

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Bellbottoms

Mic 1972 wrote: »
    His employer Spotify
    Lots of people have been deplatformed in recent months from the usual places. Lots of people are no longer welcome on YT, Twitter and the likes. Do you think Joe Rogan can still invite whoever he wants or talk about his political views the way he did before?

Ok. So are you saying that people are being deplatformed from Spotify for no reason?
    The only people I have seen deplatformed are people who broke their terms of service.

Rogan had already had Alex Jones on. Who is one of the most controversial commentators who has violated YT and others TOS.

If he can have Rogan on he can have get anyone on.

Unless you can show an instance where he has had to can a guest under pressure from Spotify.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Mic 1972

Ok. So are you saying that people are being deplatformed from Spotify for no reason?
    The only people I have seen deplatformed are people who broke their terms of service.

Rogan had already had Alex Jones on. Who is one of the most controversial commentators who has violated YT and others TOS.

If he can have Rogan on he can have get anyone on.

Unless you can show an instance where he has had to can a guest under pressure from Spotify.

People are being deplatformed from YT, Twitter, FB. I dont know about Spotify
    When was the last time Alex Jones was on Jor Rogan by the way, I dont think he was on it after Joe Biden took to office

• Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

When was the last time Alex Jones was on Jor Rogan by the way, I dont think he was on it after Joe Biden took to office

If you genuinely believe that the reason Alex Jones hasn't been on the show since Biden took office 21 days ago is Spotifiy pressure, a man who has appeared on the show 3-4 times in 1700 episodes, then I have a bear-repelling rock that i'd like to sell you.

You must be absolutely knackered from all the mental gymnastics you're doing!

What evidence do you have that Rogan cannot chose his own guests anymore?

People are being deplatformed for violating the TOS. If they hadn't violated the TOS they wouldn't of been locked of the service.

Alex Jones has been on the JRE three times most recently on Oct 27th 2020, prior to that he was on Feb 28th 2019 and Feb 2nd 2017.

It's not as if he was a regular guest.

Are you implying Joe Biden is directly responsible for Alex Jones not being on The JRE since he became president two weeks ago? Why? What has Biden personally got against Jones, that he would personally intervine and ask Joe Rogan not to have him on?

This is some proper tin foil hat stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,535 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

The Nal wrote: »
    Because hes not an expert on anything part from MMA. And maybe stand up.

His success is slightly baffling to me.

The fact that he is not an expert on anything is the very reason his podcast is so successful

He is just your somewhat average American man in his interests (obviously not average in his fame & wealth)

He has people on form every walk of life and every field , but because he is somewhat average American he ask's them questions and get answers that make his guest understandable for everyone ,

So you may have no idea or knowledge in a certain field but his podcast will give you some idea and understanding,

He also has such a huge variety of guest so it means that you are likely to listen to someone you would likely never come across or listen to of your own accord because you would not even venture into there field or subject on purpose,

That's where his success lies , You learn interesting things from interesting people that you never knew you'd be interested in ,

You don't even have to like Joe to find his podcast good

• Advertisement

MrStuffins wrote: »
    If you genuinely believe that the reason Alex Jones hasn't been on the show since Biden took office 21 days ago is Spotifiy pressure, a man who has appeared on the show 3-4 times in 1700 episodes, then I have a bear-repelling rock that i'd like to sell you.

Joes has stated a number of times he can have anyone he wants on the show and it was one thing he would not hand over in the Spotifiy deal

But he has also said one thing Spotifiy asked him was if he has people like Alex Jones on they have to be able to back up things they say , Jones was on the end of October and Joe was explaining that to him ,

Mate relax. You bought up Alex Jones as an example and now you are putting words in my mouth. I'm not interested in Alex Jones.
    All i'm saying is that ever since big tech started to crack down on people with a specific political orientation, Joe Rogan has been keeping a low profile.
    I'm happy to be proven wrong and will keep an eye on the podcast to see if things change but as of now, it looks like he is conveniently avoiding the elephant in the room

Joes has stated a number of times he can have anyone he wants on the show and it was one thing he would not hand over in the Spotifiy deal

But he has also said one thing Spotifiy asked him was if he has people like Alex Jones on they have to be able to back up things they say , Jones was on the end of October and Joe was explaining that to him ,

that was October, a lot has changed since then. Lots of people have been deplatformed or heavily harassed online. Spotify may have more leverage now with Joe Rogan than before

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭bosco12345

The Nal wrote: »
    Because hes not an expert on anything part from MMA. And maybe stand up.

His success is slightly baffling to me.

Another "expert" boot licker. Joe gets experts and interesting people on his show and has a friendly, normal and informative conversation with them, nor does he think he's an expert in anything. A lot of the time he is quite self deprecating despite being vastly more informed and knowledgeable than the average person. He's the best in the business for a reason

I'm happy to be proven wrong .........

Obviously not. You were proven wrong immediately.

Also, it's not up to anyone to prove what you say wrong, it's up to you to be abor to back up what you're saying. Which you've not been able to do.

Again, you're talking absolute pony!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,477 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

bosco12345 wrote: »
    Another "expert" boot licker. Joe gets experts and interesting people on his show and has a friendly, normal and informative conversation with them, nor does he think he's an expert in anything. A lot of the time he is quite self deprecating despite being vastly more informed and knowledgeable than the average person. He's the best in the business for a reason

Whats that got to do with anything? I like him.

The point was his opinion on things (outside of MMA) being taken too seriously.

Obviously not. You were proven wrong immediately.

Also, it's not up to anyone to prove what you say wrong, it's up to you to be abor to back up what you're saying. Which you've not been able to do.

Again, you're talking absolute pony!

whatever floats your boat mate
    have a good day

Mate relax. You bought up Alex Jones as an example and now you are putting words in my mouth. I'm not interested in Alex Jones.
    All i'm saying is that ever since big tech started to crack down on people with a specific political orientation, Joe Rogan has been keeping a low profile.
    I'm happy to be proven wrong and will keep an eye on the podcast to see if things change but as of now, it looks like he is conveniently avoiding the elephant in the room

You are putting words in his mouth. I brought up Jones.
    You haven't shown any evidence that big tech has started to crack down on people with a specific political orientation. Or that Rogan is keeping a low profile.

You haven't provided a shred of evidence for any of your claims from Biden directly putting pressure on Spotify to Spotify having control over Rogan guest.

You couldn't even keep track of who brought up Alex Jones with the thread right in front of you.

You are a waffler.

bosco12345 wrote: »
    Joe gets experts and interesting people on his show and has a friendly, normal and informative conversation with them

He might have interesting people on. But they are seldom experts. They are mostly crackpots, pushing fringe theories. Claiming to be experts. Which is fine. If you listen the show solely as entertainment.

You are putting words in his mouth. I brought up Jones.
    You haven't shown any evidence that big tech has started to crack down on people with a specific political orientation. Or that Rogan is keeping a low profile.

You haven't provided a shred of evidence for any of your claims from Biden directly putting pressure on Spotify to Spotify having control over Rogan guest.

You couldn't even keep track of who brought up Alex Jones with the thread right in front of you.

You are a waffler.

What's with leftwing people and personal insults?
    can you handle a conversation without becoming aggressive?
    I'm not here for a fight, I expressed an opinion. People have difference of opinions, suck it up

What's with leftwing people and personal insults?
    can you handle a conversation without becoming aggressive?
    I'm not here for a fight, I expressed an opinion. People have difference of opinions, suck it up

You don't know my political leanings. And you are completely deflecting from everything I have said and raised.

You are not expressing an opinion. You are stating things as if they are facts.

Users are being deplatformed from services like YouTube over their political views. As opposed to them violating the companies TOS.

You are claiming that Spotify is deciding which guests get on the show and which ones don't.

You have tangentially claimed that the Biden administration has put pressure on the JRE to exclude Alex Jones.

None of these are opinions. You are claiming that there is a global conspiracy orchestrated by both big tech and the American government to silence conservative voices. Complete rubbish

I don't like ice cream is an opinion. Claiming a high level Whitehouse conspiracy is blocking Alex Jones from appearing on the JRE is not.

Put on your big boy pants and act like a grown up. Be willing to stand behind what you are saying and be willing to back then up or don't bother.

You don't know my political leanings. And you are completely deflecting from everything I have said and raised.

You are not expressing an opinion. You are stating things as if they are facts.

Users are being deplatformed from services like YouTube over their political views. As opposed to them violating the companies TOS.

You are claiming that Spotify is deciding which guests get on the show and which ones don't.

You have tangentially claimed that the Biden administration has put pressure on the JRE to exclude Alex Jones.

None of these are opinions. You are claiming that there is a global conspiracy orchestrated by both big tech and the American government to silence conservative voices. Complete rubbish

I don't like ice cream is an opinion. Claiming a high level Whitehouse conspiracy is blocking Alex Jones from appearing on the JRE is not.

Put on your big boy pants and act like a grown up. Be willing to stand behind what you are saying and be willing to back then up or don't bother.

I dont need to stand behind things i haven't said

He might have interesting people on. But they are seldom experts. They are mostly crackpots, pushing fringe theories.

cracked pots?

Jordan Peterson
    Douglas Murrey
    Tulsi Gabbrd
    James Lindsey
    Lex Fridman
    Tristan Harris
    Gad Saad
    Edward Snowden

The list goes on

You are a complete spoofer. You cannot even keep track of your own BS.

All i'm saying is that ever since big tech started to crack down on people with a specific political orientation
    Lots of people have been deplatformed in recent months from the usual places. Lots of people are no longer welcome on YT, Twitter and the likes. Do you think Joe Rogan can still invite whoever he wants or talk about his political views the way he did before?

You are a complete spoofer. You cannot even keep track of your own BS.

I stand by all my comments.
    My previous posts are available for everyone to see, you dont need to make an edited selection to fit your narative

As for Alex Jones, that was my answer to you bringing up Alex Jones as some sort of proof. As you perfectly said, you were on a tangent about him

• Advertisement

cracked pots?

Jordan Peterson
    Douglas Murrey
    Tulsi Gabbrd
    James Lindsey
    Lex Fridman
    Tristan Harris
    Gad Saad
    Edward Snowden

The list goes on

Alex Jones
    Dave Asprey
    Jordan Peterson
    Graham Hancock
    Bob Lazar
    Rob Schoch

I can keep going as well.

I stand by all my comments.
    My previous posts are available for everyone to see, you dont need to make an edited selection to fit your narative

As for Alex Jones, that was my answer to you bringing up Alex Jones as some sort of proof. As you perfectly said, you were on a tangent about him

I haven't taken anything out of context. And if you stand by everything. Great, you shouldn't have any problem backing your claims up with evidence.

Now you are misquoting me!
    I said that you were tangentially implying that Joe Biden was responsible for Alex Jones not being on the Podcast anymore.

And that is all fine, you have no interest in an open discussion or providing any evidence to back up your claims/opinions.

Take the blinkers and the tin foil hat off. Go out and enjoy the sunshine.

Alex Jones
    Dave Asprey
    Jordan Peterson
    Graham Hancock
    Bob Lazar
    Rob Schoch

I can keep going as well.

Below is your original post, you are stating that they are seldom experts
    I gave you a small sample of people who are not crackpots. By the way you are listing Jordan Peterson as a crackpot.
    You couldn't handle a 20 seconds debate with him

He might have interesting people on. But they are seldom experts. They are mostly crackpots, pushing fringe theories. Claiming to be experts. Which is fine. If you listen the show solely as entertainment.

Below is your original post, you are stating that they are seldom experts
    I gave you a small sample of people who are not crackpots. By the way you are listing Jordan Peterson as a crackpot.
    You couldn't handle a 20 seconds debate with him

Peterson is not considered an expert in his field. But yes you could call him an expert compared to you or I. However he has a PhD in psychology. Which is great if he was spent his day discussing how to treat PTSD, or what is the best way to market something or even what predisposes someone to alcoholism (but unfortunately not drug addiction). But being an expert in one field does not suddenly make then an expert on everything.

Peterson spends his time pontificating on postmodernism, Marxism (btw the cultural Marxism he likes to harp on about is a straight up anti semetic conspiracy theory), social justice. None of which he is an expert in and his views are seen as crackpot by many academics in those fields.

Funny you just picked that one. Probably the most reputable of the lot. What about Bob Lazar or Dave Asprey

As for debating Peterson. No thanks. What is the point. He is deeply entrenched in his views and it's among him a lot of money. He isn't going to have a road to demacus moment. Then have to admit he was wrong and hang back all his money.

The dude is writing books self help books and telling people how to straighten up there lives. He can't even keep his straight.

Amazing! :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Coneygree

You guys are having a great discussion, have you ever considered starting your own podcast?

Coneygree wrote: »
    You guys are having a great discussion, have you ever considered starting your own podcast?

That's what happens when personal opinions are met with personal attack and insults, but I get your point. it's annoying to other people having to read through irrelevant posts

That's what happens when personal opinions are met with personal attack and insults, but I get your point. it's annoying to other people having to read through irrelevant posts

There are no personal opinions. You made some claims and I asked you to back then up. Which you still haven't done. Instead you have back tracked and obfuscated.

But point taken. You are not able to produce anything to back up your claims. And I am can only guess it's because none exsits.

Since you don't really want to contribute and would prefer to shout into the void with out being questioned or engaged with. I guess we can all just ignore you from here or on.

Finally back on topic then :-)
    Let's hope people got the memo

• Advertisement

Would you really consider Rob Schoch a crack pot ? I must have missed something

Jordan Peterson is certainty not a crack pot, you may dislike him or disagree but he's not some lunatic

No I can understand calling Bob Lazar a crackpot but personally I don't think and there is not much real evidence either way , So id sit on the fence with that one

Advertisement