Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strikeforce Overeem V Werdum

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,571 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Jaysus almost had him at the end.....what happens now :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,913 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

no scoring would surprise me here, give 'em another round and lets have a winner

• Registered Users Posts: 19,154 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Valentjin was tapping on Alastair's behalf there in the final seconds at ringside!

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Valentjin was tapping on Alastair's behalf there in the final seconds at ringside!

Hahahahahahahah post of the night!

that should have gone to a 4th. The strangest hardest to call fight in a while!

• Advertisement

I think that's the first time i've seen someone win every round without actually winning any rounds!

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭MisterCadbury

Epicly disappointing main event!

Dana White after the Werdum v Fedor fight: "Hmmm... maybe letting Werdum go was a bit of a mistake..."

Dana White tonight: "Jaysus, thank f*ck I got rid of Werdum!"

haha on facebook, Mayhem Miller said 'Werdum won that fight' to which one of his Monkeys wrote back 'your mother wins the fight with my penis' classic stuff!

Overeem will be in trouble with bigfoot if he performs the same. If Werdum stayed standing he would have won the fight with his strikes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,561 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

Are k1 champions the best stand up guys in the world, or is mma striking a different ball game?

• Advertisement

Are k1 champions the best stand up guys in the world, or is mma striking a different ball game?

Ah in K1, Overeem didn't have to worry about going to the ground so he could clinch and knee his way to victory. He was too cautious tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,561 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Ah in K1, Overeem didn't have to worry about going to the ground so he could clinch and knee his way to victory. He was too cautious tonight.

Ya going by tonight the well less informed would probably think Overeem would be picked apart by Junior Dos Santos in the stand up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭weemcd

A fit and motivated Cain Velasquez would not have had a problem dealing with either of them fighters tonight, had it on a razor thin 1 point decision to Overeem. Going to re-watch and score it again tomorrow, curious fight, if Werdum had have played the game a little more he might have one. Overeem eats far too many knees and strikes in the clinch.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭evil_seed

I thought Werdum won it. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Anybody know where I can download this? Torrents or otherwise are fine by me. If you could PM me a link, I'd greatly appreciate it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,706 ✭✭✭Voodu Child

PM sent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

Really tough fight to score, gave the first round to Werdum and 2nd and 3rd to Overeem but could have gone either way, especially the first round.

If Overeem performs like that against Big Foot he could well be in trouble, nice to see him against opponents of note though.

Also, agree with Joe Rogan on this:
    Not a very impressive performance for Werdum or Overeem. The winner of this fight was Cain Velasquez and Junior Dos Santos. I've never seen a world class fighter that winded in his post fight interview. Overeem's 40lbs of woop ass comes at a cardio price.

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭pauldoo

very poor for overeem, havent seen much of hims since his pride fights, he seems fairly overhiped, he fights like that against the top 4 in the UFC hes goin to get whooped

werdum should have stood up with him, think he could have taken it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

Masvidal is a BEAST. KJ Noons was f*cked up in that fight.

Overeem was disappointing, perhaps we could have seen better stand up if Werdum didn't pull guard after every shot. I also think his performance last night will give those a slice of humble pie, ( me included ) for those who thought butt scooting should be given a little extra time in MMA.

Barnett is a promo monster, hope he wins the GP and considering how 'Reem looked. He's in with a great shot.

Thought the whole Barnett speach was really embarrassing.

Highlight of the night for me was Bas and The Voice with their highly entertaining commentary for the pre-lims

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭weemcd

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Thought the whole Barnett speach was really embarrassing.

Highlight of the night for me was Bas and The Voice with their highly entertaining commentary for the pre-lims

Every time I hear Barnett speak I feel embarrassed for him. I'd love to see Bas milling about backstage before fights, doing one on one interviews and generally having fun with the whole thing.

Ya Bas is some character. Now that Zuffa own Strikeforce, they should have Bas, Joe Rogan and The Voice do the commentary and the Buffer announcing fights. Actually, they should have them in UFC as well!

Edit: Absolutely shocked that Valentijn Overeem is an alternate in the HW GP. He was an absolute disgrace last night

• Registered Users Posts: 12,431 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

All the fights from last night are on Youtube now in case anyone hasn't seen it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Oh_Noes

Fairly crappy event really. Noons vs. Masvidal was a decent fight, I was impressed with how much punishment Noons can take and Masvidal has improved greatly.

Josh Barnett came across as an absolute tool, Valentijn Overeem should have just stayed at home and so should Werdum. If it was pride Werdum would have been disqualified in the first round, it was disgraceful behaviour on his behalf.

Oh_Noes wrote: »
    If it was pride Werdum would have been disqualified in the first round, it was disgraceful behaviour on his behalf.

Exactly, when he was BEGGING overeem to come down, I was begging the ref to give him a yellow. Werdum was afraid to stand and Overeem was afraid of getting taken down. I think Overeem will be much more on the attack against Bigfoot tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭themandan6611

if thats what Overeem is like after a 4 month training camp, then its a good job he stays away from the UFC.

He would get eaten by Junior, Cain and even Carwin, he just plods along - too much muscle.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,913 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

if thats what Overeem is like after a 4 month training camp, then its a good job he stays away from the UFC.

He would get eaten by Junior, Cain and even Carwin, he just plods along - too much muscle.

i even think Roy Nelson would give him a good fight and possibly beat him.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭The Bored One

Not a particularly impressive performance from either Overeem or Werdum. Barnett did put on a nice dominant performance against Brett Rogers though, and I'm always happy to see Rogers lose. He seems to have an exaggerated idea of how good he is.
    I'd say Sergei vs Barnett is likely to be the most interesting fight of the tournament, or at least its the one I'm most looking forward to.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,431 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Terrible fight. Velasquez would destroy Overeem easily.

On another note, great heart shown by Conor Heun. His arm was fúcked up!

2el7fyf.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Terrible performance by both of them.

I actually think Werdum did better in the stand up and Overeem controlled the mat!

Werdum just kept getting pushed or tripped to the ground. Think Overeem landed about 2 good punches and a knee.

Advertisement