Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strikeforce Overeem V Werdum

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭p to the e

I see Jeff Monson is fighting on this card aswell. There's a blast from the past. He's on quite the winning streak aswell. Could be an upset as he's vastly the underdog going in according to PaddyPower.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭MarkFairman

Gunnar match against him was awsome. How do you think it would fair in MMA?

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭MonkeyBalls

Looking forward to this. My predictions-- Ubereem is going to demolish Werdum - KO, and a brutal one too. & Josh will GnP the crap outta Rogers early, TKO

• Registered Users Posts: 40 angryangel

No Carano = No deal

• Registered Users Posts: 29,562 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

So Mr. Fight Ireland, are we all set for tonight? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

Fight Ireland just a heads up, if it's found to your site it could ruin the work you've done. If your just embedding a code then it would be better to just post the original source here. I think Londoner is streaming this one anyway and he's usually the most reliable one out there.

Jaysus ya man, if theres a chance it will wreck the site, don't mind it. Well if anyone has any streaming links, i'll sure they will be posted here anyway. Looking forward to this!

Oh ya, the prelims are being shown on HDNET free at 1am. Not sure how it will work or what time but no harm keeping an eye on them.

http://www.hd.net/programs/hdnet-fights/

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

TechnoPool wrote: »
    quick note when they show each fighters last 5 fights, Overeem has fought no one of note at all in them while werdums is a list of top names in the HW div

As I keep saying.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Denners.ie

jayteecork wrote: »
    As I keep saying.

Overeem has been beating his opponents emphatically, Werdum won't get near him tonight.

Denners.ie wrote: »
    Overeem has been beating his opponents emphatically, Werdum won't get near him tonight.

Yeah dude. It'll be the "extra 40 pounds of whoop ass" - lolcano!

werdum will do a fedor on him and fake a knock down. When Overeem tries to finish he'll submit him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭ManofStraw

Anyone have a good streaming link for the fights tonight ?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Prelims live on HDNet from 1am (Irish time): http://www.hd.net/programs/hdnet-fights/

Gesias "JZ" Cavalcante vs. Justin Wilcox

Magno Almeida vs. Conor Heun

Nah-Shon Burrell vs. Joe Ray

Mike Bronzoulis vs. Todd Moore

Brian Melancon vs. Isaac Vallie-Flagg

---

Don't think they're showing the main card but these three streams will be:

http://www.magictv.co/

http://www.super-sportz.net/Channel%204.htm

http://fightingportal.host22.com/site/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

While i agree that Overeem has never really been tested recently etc etc.

I still think he's going to take this by brutal KO. 4/6

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Oh_Noes

I can't stay up to watch this live tonight so I'm hoping to watch it tomorrow.

Does anyone have a reliable source for downloading full events in decent quality the day after they've aired?

I don't want to search for it tomorrow because Google will smash me over the head with spoilers.

I'd say Uber has been watching Werdums fight with fedor very closely. If Werdum goes for a takedown, he will be decapitated by a knee. If he gets into a clinch Overeem will make bits of him. Werdum will need to have a serious gameplan going into this but it is possible he could win. Saying that, I can only see Ubereem demolising him.

Oh_Noes wrote: »
    I can't stay up to watch this live tonight so I'm hoping to watch it tomorrow.

Does anyone have a reliable source for downloading full events in decent quality the day after they've aired?

I don't want to search for it tomorrow because Google will smash me over the head with spoilers.

I'll pm you the link tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Oh_Noes

Really I'm thinking this is the classic fighter v. Grappler matchup.

I can see Overeem getting caught in something eventually if it's on the ground a lot but I can see Werdum getting outmatched if he can't get it to the ground.

All fights start standing so I think Overeem will take it.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Denners.ie

jayteecork wrote: »
    Yeah dude. It'll be the "extra 40 pounds of whoop ass" - lolcano!

I never said that but Overeem is a far more technical fighter than Werdum and will win tonight. If you want to wager money on it PM me.

Either way you are going to look silly in a few hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭SanoVitae

I think it'll all depend on whether Overeem gasses with all the extra weight.

If Werdum can avoid getting KTFOed early on, he can definitely submit a gassed Overeem.

However, I think Overeem will pace himself, keep it standing all throughout and win by KO in the 2nd.

To get people into the mood, Overeem vs Duffee at Dream last year. Fight starts at 9:00 and ends at 9:51

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Money is on Werdum , made me a tidy profit on a €5 stake by beating Fedor so will back him again even though my head says overeem but with his odds there is no point putting money on the big muscley sob :D

If Werdum wins by a certain method the drinks are on me :D

Edit : How did Barnett get a license to fight again in the US so soon :confused:

calex71 wrote: »
    If Werdum wins by a certain method the drinks are on me :D

Edit : How did Barnett get a license to fight again in the US so soon :confused:

Goodluck with the bet man, ya never know! Not sure but I wonder when he was last tested? Has to be some kind of procedure to give a guy more regular testing after failing 3 times.

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Goodluck with the bet man, ya never know! Not sure but I wonder when he was last tested? Has to be some kind of procedure to give a guy more regular testing after failing 3 times.

I lost all respect for Barnett after the 2nd fail. It's rare I'll side myself on the side of wanting to see someone get ktfo but I seriously hope Barnett rides queer st. early in rd.1 tonight !!!!!!

Interesting watch in The Reem episode 4. Footage following Overeem in the week leading up to tonight.

http://vimeo.com/25286111

Can a Mod put 'Spoilers' into the thread title please? (that is anyone doesn't mind?)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Can't seem to find these prelims anywhere.

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Can a Mod put 'Spoilers' into the thread title please? (that is anyone doesn't mind?)

+1 even though I'm not going to watching it live some poor so and so could easily get caught out with spoilage :(

Same, all links lead back to HD Net fights but no live link there.

Ya, even if I can't get a working link tonight and will have to download it tomorrow, its better for the lads here to have live discussion during the event without spoiler tags all over the shop.

That_Guy wrote: »
    Can't seem to find these prelims anywhere.

After UFC lately, facebook was my 1st port of call, none to be had there which is disappointing :(

Ah sod it I'm off to bed, wake me if Werdum win's by KO so I can collect my longshot winnings :)

/sleeps till morning :D

• Advertisement

Advertisement