Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strikeforce Overeem V Werdum

Options
  • 12-06-2011 9:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭

Hey Peoples

Anybody know if Strikeforce is going to be broadcast on any of the Sky channels on Saturday 18th?

Thanks in advance

Dandoline X

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

Primetime 480.

Which just reminded me i ordered the last one, so assume i can still watch this one! Nice one. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Dandoline

Cheers for that X

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭fightireland

Dandoline wrote: »
    Hey Peoples

Anybody know if Strikeforce is going to be broadcast on any of the Sky channels on Saturday 18th?

Thanks in advance

Dandoline X

It will be live on Setanta.... I might also have a stream up my sleeve for the site....but don't tell the FEDS.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,566 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

It will be live on Setanta.... I might also have a stream up my sleeve for the site....but don't tell the FEDS.;)

I only have Setanta Ireland. A stream on yer site would be very much appreciated man!

sheehy83 wrote: »
    I only have Setanta Ireland. A stream on yer site would be very much appreciated man!

I'll get it mate dont worry

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭ScareGilly

I'd say run it on a separate site, or give a link to it on your site. Just in case :P But I don't have a clue tbh..

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Xlami

Since the Zuffa purchase I found it 10 times more difficult to find SF videos online the following day. Anyone else finding it more difficult?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Xlami wrote: »
    Since the Zuffa purchase I found it 10 times more difficult to find SF videos online the following day. Anyone else finding it more difficult?

Have you tried www.mma-core.com

That_Guy wrote: »
    Have you tried www.mma-core.com

Yeah personally I haven't had any issues - anything in particular you are after?

Just saw that Couture predicts win for Werdum! http://bit.ly/randyprediction

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

It doesn't have it on Setanta on the Sky guide.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

baz2009 wrote: »
    It doesn't have it on Setanta on the Sky guide.

There is nothing on their website either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Oh_Noes

What time of the day does it start?

A 2am but be great but Strikeforce have been at 4am a few times and it's past my bedtime. Anyone know?

Show starts on Primetime at 3am.

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Kazooie

Why would Primetime be selling it as PPV if it was also on Setanta?

Kazooie wrote: »
    Why would Primetime be selling it as PPV if it was also on Setanta?

The UK don't have Setanta.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 BigMan29

This is going to be an interesting fight. Top of the food chain striker Vs Top of the food chain grappler. Personally I think it's going to be a win for Overeem Via Knee to body first round. Not only is his stand up on a different planet from Werdum but physically he is on a different stage in evolution from Werdum, (Note Overeem out muscled him when he was fighting at LIGHTHEAVY)

Taking nothing away from Werdum, great MMA fighter, however he is going to have to take Overeem to the ground if he has any chance of winning, I cant see him getting anywhere near Overeem's legs without being severely punished.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Can't wait to see the Overeem nuthuggers eat humble pie again.

Overeem has been destroyed by anyone half decent (and weighing a lot less)

"he's a different Overeem, Ubereem, blah blah"

He's hasn't proved himself ever.

I am looking forward to this , but i will be away. I like Overeem and would really like to see what he can do in UFC. Oh and its not on Setanta .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Oh_Noes

Sure he'd only be fighting Tim Hague and Joey Beltran and that crowd in the UFC. Look what he did to Todd Duffee who was touted as the UFC's next big thing. He demolished him very quickly and easily. There's much better heavyweight pedigree in Strikeforce, he's better off where he is.

Oh_Noes wrote: »
    Sure he'd only be fighting Tim Hague and Joey Beltran and that crowd in the UFC.

I'd highly doubt that, tbh. He'd be put straight in with the top in UFC, imo. Carwin or Lesnar I'd say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,431 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Should be a good fight. I hope there's a decent stream.
    On the same night I'm looking forward to Brett Rogers-v-Josh Barnett. I hope Rogers wins. He's 13-2 with 10 by KO and his only 2 losses against Overeem and Fedor.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭ScareGilly

BigMan29 wrote: »
    Personally I think it's going to be a win for Overeem Via Knee to body first round.

I'm just hoping that if Overeem gets any kind of clinch on Werdum he just jumps guard, can't see him surviving standing up with Overeem.

Really looking forward to this... War Barnett!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 39,134 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Oh_Noes wrote: »
    Sure he'd only be fighting Tim Hague and Joey Beltran and that crowd in the UFC. Look what he did to Todd Duffee who was touted as the UFC's next big thing. He demolished him very quickly and easily. There's much better heavyweight pedigree in Strikeforce, he's better off where he is.

No he wasn't.
    He scored a very quick knock-out that made people sit up and take notice, but 1 punch means nothing. In his next fight he went 3 rounds with Mike Russow and got knocked out, hardly the stuff of the next big thing. Then he was dropped

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Xlami

Looking forward to seeing Cormier in his first real test. Unbelievable wrestler with an improving stand-up. He's still fairly young in his MMA career and trains with Velasquez daily. It'll be interesting to see how he develops, could be a title challanger someday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭vangoz

Any news on what channel its on..... for those with NTL anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,566 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Weigh in vid of Overeem and Werdum. Why did Mauro shave his head :confused:

PS. anyone find the full weigh in vid?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

I'm looking forward to this a lot, its just a pity we've had to wait this long.

I hope Overeem wins even though it will be written off by the UFCers afterwards :rolleyes:

Just mentioning Duffee briefly, but did anyone else notice in Undisputed 2010 how Duffee rules the HW division after a few years?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭TechnoPool

quick note when they show each fighters last 5 fights, Overeem has fought no one of note at all in them while werdums is a list of top names in the HW div

• Registered Users Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

TechnoPool wrote: »
    quick note when they show each fighters last 5 fights, Overeem has fought no one of note at all in them while werdums is a list of top names in the HW div

Still, Overeem finished every one of those in the first round, which is what you should expect of him if he really is as good as some think

He has eight first round finishes in the time since Werdum has had his last five fights

Not saying that proves anything, but at least he hasn't been struggling with these guys

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Denners.ie

jayteecork wrote: »
    Can't wait to see the Overeem nuthuggers eat humble pie again.

Overeem has been destroyed by anyone half decent (and weighing a lot less)

"he's a different Overeem, Ubereem, blah blah"

He's hasn't proved himself ever.

Overeem will win tonight, don't forget to quote this after the fight. ;)

Advertisement