Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Promotions Thread *Please read post 1* (*Mod Warning Post #3947)

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Last one out switch off the lights

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Jesus it sounds like something big went down last night

Shadooby wrote: »
    Seems the DCW Inner City Title was dropped after the owner accused the champ of being a homophobe and fired him which led to the likes of Vic Viper, Kev Rocks, Gerry Soul and a few others leaving DCW.

I guess the Champ didnt like David Duchovny

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Hydration

Posted by Marc Savage on Facebook.
    People I'm sorry for the way the dcw party ended I've always known how dave felt and he proved it while drunk and I mean very drunk he resend the people we have gotten in DCW effective from today I don't want anyting to do with Dave and DCW he still owes people money includinng the Star news paper for the ad we put in he's keep saying he can afford to lose money on august 20th as he has the money I'm going to copy this to msw lets see how u recover
    Hi all I've now left DCW due to personnel issue with Dave long/power he over step the mark and I'm not putting up with it any more, I wish DCW all the best, this isn't any story line those who know me know what I put into DCW, camera, belts, doing general back stage stuff, I wish everyone in DCW all the best and talk to all soon

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Shadooby

Yep, alcohol and a homophobic DCW owner going on a rant and using a former announcers FB page to trick others.
    Its a shame because I did like some of their shows and some of the Youtube promo's were good too

• Advertisement

Dave being homophobic is a weird one to me. I thought he was on the other side of the fence.

Anyway a wrestling promoter being homophobic is pretty lolzy anyway.

Even if onscreen Wrestling isnt queer positive. WWE wouldnt be what it is without Pat Patterson and the NWA would have had a golden period without Jim Barnett.

I see this in 2 ways.
    He's come out but he's got a problem with it and cant accept it so is using the homophobe excuse on others.
    or
    Its all just an act to get sympathy or whatever else, an excuse so that others will not make fun of him.

Either way, no one cares if he's gay or not but people are making fun of him because he thinks they do.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Horsebox9000

How can a open homosexual be homophobic? There is nothing wrong in my eyes with being openly gay in the wrestling business.

From what I have heard, the gay fella slapped a woman and threatened Danny deans and his family last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭NLW_Info

Meanwhile over at NLW ..... We're all getting on great. Thanks! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

What I and the millions (AND MILLIONS) of Irish Indy Wrestling want to know is if this will be discussed on WWR?

• Advertisement

What I and the millions (AND MILLIONS) of Irish Indy Wrestling want to know is if this will be discussed on WWR?

No because we support American wrestling and therfore are not true wrestling fans. However I am sure they would've had no problem discussing this if every single poster here attended a wrestling school that had no merit before its closure Duh! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

More people appear to be done with DCW today judging by the high number of posts saying "I'm finished with DCW after last night" on my Facebook feed.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Justin Ternet

Never a dull moment on the old Irish Wrestling Scene. Might have some popcorn and just watch facebook for the night. The booker for DCW is a drunken clown. Im delighted for him. I feel sorry for the lads who work there but thats the bed they climbed into. All I know is there is some serious moistness on the ass of mainstage wrestling with all the kissing up being done today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭dublin championship wrestling

i just got a call from mark savage nd the dcw head of security choccy tellin to inform people that the show next saturday is still going ahead.

ps mark savege is now in controll of dcw
    pps my real name is paul buckley,as most of you know and if your wondering my boards.ie name is littleman,just so ppl think its dave or ger on this.

Thought Mark Savage left as per 8 posts ago

2.jpg

Yeah he said he was gone but now he's back running it instead of Dave? Thats suspicious to me

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Never a dull moment on the old Irish Wrestling Scene.

I don't wish to stoke the fire but I'd love to see a Rise & Fall of DCW shoot video. It'd be epic. I've no idea about the irish wrestling scene and all the backstage goings on. Reckon it could be the next King of Kong!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

jaykhunter wrote: »
    I don't wish to stoke the fire but I'd love to see a Rise & Fall of DCW shoot video. It'd be epic. I've no idea about the irish wrestling scene and all the backstage goings on. Reckon it could be the next King of Kong!

Think you're more likely to see a Failblog entry than that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 569 ✭✭✭CoolHat

So Marc Savage and Danny Deans say they were quitting DCW .. only a few hours later Marc Savage is now running DCW? ... wtf?

I was suprised to hear about Danny Deans leaving. It seemed he was kept in high regard in DCW. Sure, he even didnt leave with the first bunch of lads a while back.

Im sure the other promotions are ****ing over this latest DCW news.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Justin Ternet

Im stroking one out as we speak

CoolHat wrote: »
    I was suprised to hear about Danny Deans leaving. It seemed he was kept in high regard in DCW. Sure, he even didnt leave with the first bunch of lads a while back.

Well the dude is rumored too have really made a few stabs at deans family so I don't blame him.

The upside to this, people realising Danny Deans can't work **** and we never see him in a ring again.
    Harsh,but my opinion.
    Now, time for cans!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Russo-rific

Is the Murph lurking in the rafters?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭d1975

DCW is registerd with CRO and I'm the secretary and since I co owe part of the company I can do what I want furhter more look lads I'm still running the show don't want to let the fans down this sat will go ahead for the last time and in couple weeks new brand and new name will start further details will be announced soon I co own dcw and since dave isn't around I can and will let this show go ahead one way or another that is a promise u have my word

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭chordtype

Will WWR still continue?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

rovert wrote: »
    Is the Murph lurking in the rafters?
    Aye. That scheming langer must be behind this. And he would've gotten away with it too if it wasn't for them no-good legalities.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 EWP Wrestling

Emerald Wrestling Promotions hit the Leisureland Complex Salthill, Galway this past Sunday (Aug 14th) in what was a jam packed evening of quality Action.

In results from the show:
    Dunkan Delicious defeated Andy Boy Simmonz

Lightning Kid defeated Sean Sensation

British Heavyweight Stixx defeated Eamon O'Neill

Omen defeated Philly the Kidd

Eamon O'Neill won a 10 Man Over The Top Rope Rumble

Big thanks to all the great fans from Co. Galway who turned out in force yesterday to witness Emerald Wrestling Promotions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭d1975

Just want to say final word on this, DCW is gone, Dave Long took the ring and, all the main eventers have left so DCW RIP I'll be with another promotion sooner rather than later watch this space

AKA Marc Savage

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭IWWINFORMATION

IwW's busiest summer ever continued in Donegal & Kerry with the Donegal show selling out with just under 300 people!

Donegal SELL OUT 290

Captain Rooney beat Tat2 Charlie

Skaterboi Jeebus overcame TJ Meehan

Mandrake retained his Zero Gravity Championship against Salem Soultaker

Mandrake & Skaterboi Jeebus defeated Salem Soultaker & TJ Meehan

Kerry

Tat2 Charlie beat Justin Slammin

Skaterboi Jeebus overcame TJ Meehan

Mandrake retained his Zero Gravity Championship against Salem Soultaker

Mandrake & Skaterboi Jeebus defeated Salem Soultaker & TJ Meehan

29pfecx.jpg

Advertisement